• Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    jupdyke wrote: »
    Jupdyke
    Week: Monday, August Week 1 (6/29)
    PW 158.4
    CW 155.2

I'm happy with this 3.2 lb. loss. I feel like I'm finally back on track since falling off the wagon from vacation. I did better this week at sleeping, workouts, and making better food Choices. My goal is to continue this week.

Wow you should be very happy! Nice work!
  • Rozbee1
    Rozbee1 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Rozbee1
    Week 1

OW 182.0
    LW 178.4
    CW 178.4

Havent lost weight but ive lost inches:
    3 and a half off waist
    1 and half off hips

Big Well Done to everyone whose doing this again this month. We can do it 😀
  • klilev
    klilev Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Week 1
    Username: klilev
    Weight in day: Monday
    SW: 196.6
    PW: 180.2
    CW: 183.4
    Did well: Ate well and exercised during travel
    Need to work on: Making healthy choices when I'm tired
  • johicks
    johicks Posts: 1,991 Member
    Options
    @mawash9 ~ Way to start out the month with a loss! Nice. Keep up the hard work. Superb Sunday!! 👊🏽 Best wishes on the shoulder. What strategies do you have in place to stop eating after 6pm. I have developed a routine that helps 85% of the time. It’s a self-care routine to remind ME that I am important and need to take care of myself: wash face, brush hair, brush teeth; then prepare warm water or tea to enjoy the rest of the night. I also warm up water (not hot) to drink with dinner to help fill me up. You can do it. Set up some strategies to focus on rather than what you don’t want to do. Positive vibes being sent your way.

@red1185~ Welcome back!! Sounds like fun! Great attitude on coming back from vacation. 👍🏽 You can do it. Get right back on track and it will come off. We;re here for you. So let’s have an AWESOME August!!

@bootssowhite~ Bummer about the gain. But… what a positive outlook- literally from the top of Enchanted Rock! 👏🏽 How awesome! That is a huge victory. So glad you shared… so inspiring. Have a fabulous week. Hope to hear from you before next weigh-in. Let’s make August AWESOME!!

@Toyota100 ~ Woohoooo! Way to start the month off with a loss! :) Hope to hear from you this week. Hope all is well at work and that you have your music to take move to while taking breaks. You can do it!

@jupdyke~ Jen.. great loss and great news…. You’re baaaaaaaaaaack!! :)

@perla4686~ I love it when you post and comment on others. Perhaps on the days that you are down on yourself, you can post encouraging words to others. 🤷🏽‍♀️ It helps me stay up (90% of the time.) They say fake it until you make it.

@Rozbee1 ~ Hey... a stay the same is not a gain!! Yeah. And good for you in posting your inches lost. That is so inspiring. Thanks! And great work. Keep it going!

@klilev ~ Drats on the gain. Good job while traveling. But yes, when tired all good decisions are harder to make. You will get back into your routine and shed those lbs off! Let's do this!

How are we going to make AUGUST AWESOME!!!? By taking each day as it is ONE DAY! And in that day, we are going to do everything in our power to stay focused and on track. And if on that day you don’t “feel” like it, then “fake” it… tell yourself... I CAN
    -exercise for ten minutes
    -pack one water bottle to increase my water intake
    -wait ten minutes before eating (seconds, more, another bite)
    -use my food journal to decide if I want to add it to my calories for the day
    -post or read on RTM thread to distract yourself
    -read or listen to something positive to change my attitude
    -practice gratitude for how far I have come in this journey to remind myself to not give in, not give up.
    I CAN DO THIS FOR TODAY!! JUST FOR TODAY!
  • Terry111330
    Terry111330 Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Week: Monday, July Week 4 (7/29)
    PW: 156.2
    CW: 155.8
    Not a big loss, but still in the right direction.
  • Terry111330
    Terry111330 Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Welcome to all the newbies and congrats to all the returning members. August is going to be a tough month, but I think we can do this.

One habit I really want to focus on this month, is no late night snacking. In July I slowly got back into, just a few rice crackers and cream cheese after supper, and before you know it I had consumed an extra 300 calories that day. Need to get this in check!
  • ajaia2001
    ajaia2001 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    @johicks Sorry for being M.I.A. Had a party for my daughter on Saturday and made horrible choices with my food and those not so good choices followed on in into Sunday 🤦‍♀️ But that's over and done with now just gotta move on and do better. Thanks for checking in and for your continuous support!!!
  • jwall309
    jwall309 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Hi Team!

My name is Jessica, I started my most recent weight loss journey (have had two others before this) in mid-February and joined the challenge in March. So far, I've lost 22 pounds. I'm still 25 pounds from goal, but I'm slowly approaching the halfway mark! This is the longest I've ever stuck with a healthy lifestyle plan, so I'm very proud of myself and motivated to continue on until I hit goal. I hit a bit of a rough patch end of June that lasted through July, where higher calorie days slowly became more and more than norm rather than the other way around. But! thats ok, I'm taking it as a little bit of a reset and now I'm fully ready to plow full steam ahead into August. Hoping to up my rate of loss a bit and cut back on the amount of days where I indulge! I would say good luck, but we don't need luck! We are taking control and we will do this!

Daily Post (Sunday)
    Track: Yes
    Calories: Over, but under maintenance
    Day: The best Sunday I've had in awhile with tracking and calories. BF surprised me by wanting to take me to a nice restaurant for dinner just because. Luckily he told me early enough in the day that I could plan for it. I mainly stuck to small snacks throughout the day so I could eat more at dinner. At dinner, I skipped the alcohol cause I wasn't in the mood after heavy alcohol on Friday and Saturday. Stuck with diet coke and water and then chose a meat based dish instead of a pasta! It was delicious! Decided to indulge in a slice of smith island cake for dessert. But when it came I was only able to eat half of it, before acknowledging I was full and eating more of the cake would only make me feel uncomfortable and gross, so a NSV for me! In the past I would clean my dessert plate even if I was already full.
  • Pearl4686
    Options
    jwall309 wrote: »
    Hi Team!

But when it came I was only able to eat half of it, before acknowledging I was full and eating more of the cake would only make me feel uncomfortable and gross, so a NSV for me! In the past I would clean my dessert plate even if I was already full.

That's a huge NSV, something I still haven't mastered. Well done!
  • JamieD328
    JamieD328 Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    I thought I would come home from a weekend away and get a full nights sleep and a easy few days resetting and getting ready for another adventure.
    Then I got a message that my cousin and her fiancé were injured in a car crash right after we left camping in their hometown. I didn’t sleep well, I am still waiting for more information, but as the lady with three kids, running off across the state with these three in tow isn’t practical, or helpful to the families when they act up non stop.
    @johicks I don’t know if I will be checking in much this week, or if I will end up leaving here the day before my weigh in so we can detour to go see them. So I may not be able to report my weight accurately this week even if I can find a scale.
  • Slytherclawz
    Slytherclawz Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Username: slytherclawz
    Week: Monday, August Week 1 (7/29)
    PW: 272. 6
    CW: 269.0
    One thing I did well: worked out 3 days
    One thing to improve: spent the weekend with friends and family drinking, eating, and not tracking :(
  • Pearl4686
    Options
    Daily report Monday
    Run: no workout today, too busy
    Track: yes, under
    Mind: good, hoping I can keep it up for awhile.
  • johicks
    Options
    Daily Post (Monday 07/29)
    Calories: Yes
    Exercise 20+mins: Yes - 30m
    12+ Water: 💧x 17
    Healthy Habits:
    • Morning Affirmations: 💯
    • Plan / pre-log food: 💯
    • Evening Affirmations: 💯
    • NO post-dinner snack: 🤩 None.
    • 🛑 KITCHEN CLOSED 🚫: Yes!! 🤩
    D2 of DO-IT attitude. Done 🤩
  • johicks
    Options
    JamieD328 wrote: »
    I thought I would come home from a weekend away and get a full nights sleep and a easy few days resetting and getting ready for another adventure.
    Then I got a message that my cousin and her fiancé were injured in a car crash right after we left camping in their hometown. I didn’t sleep well, I am still waiting for more information, but as the lady with three kids, running off across the state with these three in tow isn’t practical, or helpful to the families when they act up non stop.
    @johicks I don’t know if I will be checking in much this week, or if I will end up leaving here the day before my weigh in so we can detour to go see them. So I may not be able to report my weight accurately this week even if I can find a scale.

NO worries. Hope you receive some good news. Do your best, be mindful the best you can. HUGS You're in my thoughts. Thanks for letting me(us) know.
  • johicks
    Options
    I've read your posts and am filled with inspiration and empowered to end my night on a great note. Thank you!! I'll comment personally in the morning. Off to sleepyland.
    gv4673x3ajf7.jpg

• skullsandskeletons
    skullsandskeletons Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Daily post Monday July 29:
    Tracked: yes
    Calories: under
    Exercise: no

Another good day with staying under calories!
  • ajaia2001
    ajaia2001 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Daily Post (Monday)

Calories: Under
    Exercise: 1 hr bootcamp
    Goal/Day: Good Monday. Got a great workout at bootcamp and stayed under my daily calorie goal.
  • mawash9
    mawash9 Posts: 77 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    End of the day.
    * #1. Tracked EVERYTHING: yes
    * #2. Stayed on target for calories: yes
    * #3. Try to do at least 20 minutes of activity a day: yes, gym with boys
    * #4. Work towards healthier habits: yes
  • mawash9
    mawash9 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Johicks, thank you for the support. Please keep up what you do. My teenage son asked me if I was wearing a new shirt I bought? No, just couldn’t fit in it the last 3 yrs!🤣. Thank goodness I kept all the clothes from a few years back ( ok maybe more than a few years😂)Slowly starting to fit🎉🎉🎉
This discussion has been closed.