TEAM: The Slimsons (August)

Options

Replies

• sreid92
    sreid92 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I’m Sam and I’m just hoping to do better than I did last month! I plan to track more and lose at least 5 lbs for the month of August ! I also plan to drink more water and keep up with my exercise routine! Let’s do this!

PW 222.2
    My CW is 225.2 due to indulging a little more than I should have over this weekends camping trip!

I am back on track and ready to get my head in the game! Best of luck to everyone this month! We got this!
  • tennisquilter
    tennisquilter Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: July 29th

Track: Yes
    Calories under goal: Yes
    Exercise: 10,300 steps

Long day at work today. I am pooped.

💫10,300 steps is an achievement! Time to reflect on how awesome you are to get so many steps in on a busy work day.
  • tennisquilter
    tennisquilter Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Daily Post
    Fitness327wk
    7.29.19💃🤸‍♀️💃
    Track: Yes✔️
    Calories: Yes ✔️ I will be for the day.
    Exercise: Four mike hike

A 4 mile hike is great, I hope it is not as hot and humid where you are as it is here.
  • OkieGina
    OkieGina Posts: 126 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Hi everyone! I've been a little neglectful of MFP lately, but have been on Team Slimsons for a few months now and LOVE it! I've still be tracking (mostly days) and working out and drinking lots of water, just haven't had much time for the forums recently. And since this is back-to-school month, my posts may continue to be a bit sporadic. Anyway, a little about me...

I'm Gina and I'm 41 with 2 small kids (6 and 4). I work full time, and try to squeeze in workouts after work when I can. My general goals are to keep tracking most days, be at a calorie deficit most day (and not use my exercise calories often), drink 100+ oz of water each day and workout an average of 4 times each week (some weeks are 3, hopefully some will be 5 again soon). I've been overweight to some degree most of my life and have tried what feels like almost every diet imaginable, with varying degrees of success. I was most successful just eating healthy and working out often before I got pregnant with my oldest, but I gained a lot with her, lost some, got pregnant again, gained more weight and have been struggling ever since. I am really trying to "do it the right way" this time - meaning, making sustainable changes that I can maintain for the rest of my life. I may lose weight more slowly than some, but I'm ok with that. I make healthy choices as much as I can, but if (for example) my daughter makes a cake, you can be sure I'm going to have a piece (or two)!
  • OkieGina
    OkieGina Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Weekly Weigh-in for Monday (I did weight yesterday, just didn't get a chance to post it):
    Username: OkieGina
    Week: August Week 1
    PW: 204.4
    CW: 201.4

Wahoo! It's rare that I have that kind of a loss in 1 week. I didn't track my food over the weekend, so I'm a little concerned that number might be just an anomaly (I didn't feel good most of the weekend and so my eating was kinda all over the place). I guess only time will tell!
  • mrsjas2000
    mrsjas2000 Posts: 908 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Mrsjas2000
    Tuesday July 30
    Week 1
    PW 159
    CW 154
  • SallyLuvsFitness
    SallyLuvsFitness Posts: 13,724 Member
    Options
    Daily Post
    Fitness327wk
    7.30.19💃🤸‍♀️💃
    Track: Yes✔️
    Calories: Yes ✔️ I will be for the day.
    Exercise: Four mike hike
  • SallyLuvsFitness
    SallyLuvsFitness Posts: 13,724 Member
    Options
    Weekly weigh in Monday August week 1
    May 1 W 279

PW 254
    CW 252
    I did my daily check in last night when everything was complete, but I think I am going to switch and do my daily check ins in the morning. More alert.
    I’ve never made curry, but those pics look fabulous!
    Gloria congrats on those squats! And thanks for sending us the positive encouraging messages!

Awesome!
  • dustyspal
    dustyspal Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    Check in
    Track ✔
    Calories ✔
    Exercise ✔

Having a hard time drinking the water. I don't drink a lot normally, so this is hard.
  • o0kody0o
    o0kody0o Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    🌟Daily Post: Tuesday, 30 July

Calories: Under
    Exercise: 1h 20m walking
    💬Comments: I really need to get my head back in the game this month. Recently I find myself eating bits of chocolate here and there, plus packets of crisps and I know it’s all adding up. My original goal was 147lbs and because I’m now down to 141, I know I’m being less strict with my eating. This needs to change or I’ll end up back where I started and I definitely don’t want that.
  • CindyJNC1963
    CindyJNC1963 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: July 30th

Calories under goal: Yes
    Exercise: 10,100 steps
  • jeapri17
    jeapri17 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: July 30, Tuesday

Calories: No, I don't think so
    Exercise: Yes. Leslie Sansone 30 min walking video
  • mrsjas2000
    mrsjas2000 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    Day 2
    Tracked yes
    Calories under
    Exercise some
    Went to the orthopedic surgeon this morning and he has a physio therapist working with him, the movement in my one hip is almost nothing and he pretty much killed me, so I ended up in bed most of the day.
    I’m hoping it gets better soon, also it sounds like I won’t get a hip replacement for about 10 years
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,803 Member
    Options
    Daily Post Monday
    Track yes
    Calories under
    Exercise yes lots hiking and swimming
    Water yes
  • ruthio6
    ruthio6 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Ruth. I am 55 and have just finished my first week. I have been planning on losing weight for the last year or two and am excited i followed through with a week of tracking and exercise. I have been on mfp years earlier but it's been a long time since i kept track of my eating. Started last week at 260 and tomorrow I'll officially do the weigh in. I have 4 kids and 4 grandkids with one more on the way. My husband and I are on the same goal to lose a 100 pounds and we are excited about being more active. Last Fall we bought jet skis and that has been so much fun.

Ruthio6
    Week 1--hopefully i understand this correctly
    PW 260
  • mylosinggametowin
    mylosinggametowin Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Track: Yes✅
    Calories: Yes✅
    Exercise: Yes✅ half marathon training continues with week 1 day 2
    Goals/Day/Comments: Today was hard since the temp at 8:30 was 93° with feel like temp at 95° and I lost my breeze 1/4 mile in! But I got it done and feel great!!

mmdowxwqwewr.jpeg
  • Kin59vara
    Kin59vara Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: Wednesday, July 31
    Track: :)
    Calories yes under but very close
    Exercise: Daily Burn Exercise: 14540

Goals for August:
    Tracking/Calories: examine what I am eating adjusting according to weigh-in. I see that my calories can be under but my weight is still up. I think some of it is the timing of when I am eating and the WHAT of what I am eating.

Exercise Adjust my Daily Burn to not only get the steps in but also making sure that I have the strength exercises. Begin small with strength and see how I can build on this.

Steps If I have not met my daily goal proceed to the beach for a walk until I have.

• Gadgetgirl259
    Gadgetgirl259 Posts: 323 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Daily Post (Monday)

Steps: 11,324
    Exercise: 3 miles run on treadmill.

Daily Post (Tuesday)

Steps: 11,454
    Exercise: 3 miles run on treadmill.
  • vicky2767
    vicky2767 Posts: 2,472 Member
    Options
    dustyspal wrote: »
    Hubby talked me into going to Texas Roadhouse yesterday. I didn’t track my food/calories, but I only ate half my meal, did my walking, drank lots of water. Down .2 pound!! That’s a WIN in my book!
    Great job
    CindyJNC1963

August: Week #1

Original starting weight: 273

PW: 190.3
    CW: 189.1

Finally made it to the 180's....wooooo. Will try to post my intro a little later today.
    Nice loss
    @Gadgetgirl259
    August Week 1 (Monday)

PW: 166.9
    CW: 164.5

Nice loss.
  • vicky2767
    vicky2767 Posts: 2,472 Member
    Options
    Weekly weigh in Monday August week 1
    May 1 W 279

PW 254
    CW 252
    I did my daily check in last night when everything was complete, but I think I am going to switch and do my daily check ins in the morning. More alert.
    I’ve never made curry, but those pics look fabulous!
    Gloria congrats on those squats! And thanks for sending us the positive encouraging messages!
    Great job
    ✨Weigh in Monday✨

Week: August Week 1
    PW =243.2lbs
    CW=242.4
    GW=200lbs
    Nice
    lsjhudson wrote: »
    💥Daily Post: Monday, 29th July 💥

✅Track: yes
    ☑️Calories: over by about 300kcal.
    ☑️Exercise: none today

Comments: I have tonsillitis 😩 only on one side weirdly but it's affecting my whole ear & jaw...in so much pain! I've managed ice cream though 😂 honestly I'm so hungry...I haven't been over the past few days bc I was feeling ill, and now I'm ravenous but am struggling to physically eat bc it hurts so much to swallow. Can't win. But I couldn't have another undereating day and just let myself eat the darn ice cream. I've been in enough deficit up to this point I'm sure that extra 300kcal is nothing anyway. Just hoping tomorrow will be better 👍
    Feel better
    gjaholy33 wrote: »
    Daily Post Monday

Track yes
    Calories yes under
    Exercise yes 300 squats on Total Fit Gym
    Water 190oz
    Goals/comments
    Praise'm Praise'm

It's me again To God Be The Glory. Day 3 of Total Fit Gym Squat Challenge today I did 300 squats on my machine in 15 minutes and 2 secs it took me longer today than yesterday but so proud of myself! Also saw my Cardiologist today as well and although he's super proud of my results in the last six months he still put me on Blood thinner regimen for the next 3 months 😥😥 but not going to let that deter my progress Still staying positive and praising God all day long🙏🏾🙏🏾🙏🏾😍😍
    Fantastic Gloria
    Daily Post-🌟Monday, July 29th🌟

Track: Yes👍🏼
    Calories: Yes 👍🏼
    Exercise: Yes👍🏼 I started week 1 day 1 of Jeff Galloway 13.1 half training. 26 minutes
    Goals/Day/Comments: Oklahoma is having another summer heat wave and it’s brutal! I got out the door by 6:15 and started my first half training run of the week!

pycve4r483qd.jpeg

This is great.
This discussion has been closed.