• vicky2767
    vicky2767 Posts: 2,472 Member
    Options
    lsjhudson wrote: »
    💥Daily Post: Sunday, 28th July 💥

✅Track: yes
    ✅Calories: under
    ✅Exercise: hiking

Comments: ugh, I have been so ill over the last few days...haven't tracked until today but have been doing OK in the sense that I doubt I've been over any of those days, but that is also not great bc I've been too sick to eat much which isn't the healthiest. Still not up to snuff today but am coping and wanted to check in 👍 hope you're all well!

Feel better
  • vicky2767
    Options
    XPatChez wrote: »
    ❤️Daily Post: Sun 28 th July❤️

✔️Track: yes
    ✔️Calories: under
    ✔️Exercise: 2x 20 minute dog walks
    Goal: Todays goal was more mental than physical health related.
    To not lose my 🤬 because my daughter is a toddler, doing toddler things.
    I failed.

That’s a fun age, huh?
  • vicky2767
    Options
    dustyspal wrote: »
    Hi. My name is Betty. Next April I will hit the half-century mark and don't want to be this heavy when I do it. I have had issues with my weight all my life. I've lost hundreds of pounds over the years, only to gain them back, plus. In fact , back in 2012-2014, I lost over 100#, felt wonderful, looked great, and had so much confidence. Well here I am, back over the 300 mark. I can lose weigjt, I can't keep it off. I go back to my old habits. Overall, I'm healthy and active, just heavy. My goal is to take it off and keep it off.
    I weigh -in on Wednesdays. I will also track food, calories, exercise, and daily check in. Wishing positive thoughts to all.
    Welcome. You got this
    gjaholy33 wrote: »
    vicky2767 wrote: »
    Hi everyone. My name is Vicky. I am 44 years old married with 2 teenage boys. I’ve been apart of this incredibly support team since Jan of this year. Before 2 weeks ago, I was consistently exercising although I as still struggling with keeping my eating under control. Last 2 weeks it all went to crap but I am ready to get back to being more mindful of what I’m eating and exercising.
    We got this team!!

Hey Vicky Welcome back to another month with Team SLIMSONS! I'm also struggling with keeping my eating under control but we just need to focus on day to day and step by step and stay positive during our journey. ROOTING for you
    gjaholy33 wrote: »
    Daily Post Sunday

Track yes
    Calories yes under
    Exercise yes 9 mins of leg squats on Total Fit Gym
    Water 165oz
    Goals/comments

lg91d8em3kkh.jpg

uql4mwwbbd0d.jpg

So I started my squat Challenge yesterday with 100 squats and today is the 2nd day of Total Fit Gym leg squat Challenge and I did 200 squats and 1 for good luck in 9 minutes and 6 secs. So proud of myself. Yes my legs are hurting from yesterday but at least I did not have any Charlie horses like Friday evening and I got 10 hours of sleep.

Plus had my dinner with mixed veggies and curry-mustard marinade chicken

vy6zq2ikfo4c.jpg
    Thanks Gloria. And that looks good.
    Great day to make a curry vegetable soup with fresh garlic ginger and curry! 😋

sjeow4buu6hy.jpeg
    Looks so good. Wish I like curry. Lol
    First daily post (I can’t figure out how to make a check mark)
    § track yes
    § nutrition. Calories in range, 4 fruit 1 veggie, 33 g of fiber
    § exercise 110 minutes doubles tennis
    Sunday nights I sometimes have trouble getting to sleep because my weigh in is Monday morning. I know weight loss is not a direct line down and sometimes when the scale doesn’t move, it is just because our bodies need to adjust. So I tell myself not to get emotional about the scale moving a little up or down. But it doesn’t quite work. So I am trying to refocus and use Sunday nights to evaluate if I met my fitness goals for the week. This was a very active week, a total of 525 exercise minutes, but even though my calories were below goal, I didn’t get the most nutrition from those calories. Most days I didn’t get enough fiber and my veggie total was not even close. So I know what I need to do for the coming week. No matter what the scale says tomorrow, I am so happy to be in this supportive positive group. So following the suggestions, I am smiling as I express my gratitude to all of you!

You got this
  • vicky2767
    Options
    nrkelly04 wrote: »
    Hi team!! I’m new to the group! I am 33 with 2 daughters (5 and 2) and an amazing husband who can cook WAY too good!! Lol!

I am currently the heaviest I have been in my entire life, including my pregnancies! Ever since I had my second child, nothing I do works! It really hit me this past weekend at a NASCAR race! I was there with Team KWC (Kids With Cancer) raising awareness and money to send care packages to kids! Our Kids Krew hit their goal and all the adults had to do the bouncy house! Seeing that video of me on FB about had me in tears!!

It also doesn’t help that I can’t work out like I used to due to back issues! However I am on the road to recovery as I have been doing decompression therapy to help my back and in a couple of weeks I will get the green light on workouts again!

I just want to feel good, have energy, and be able to run and play with my girls when they ask! Looking forward to seeing some changes and helping others with motivation!!!

Welcome. This is a great group. We’re all here if you need extra support or motivation!
  • AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    mrsjas2000 wrote: »
    @AB0215 the dr I saw last week mentioned Keto, I’ve looked a little into it but not sure how to do it. I have a home daycare so I get to eat at odd ball times, and my family doesn’t need to lose any weight so they eat junk, I’ve been good staying away so far but it’s hard. I’ll have to look into keto more, maybe it’s not as hard as I think

@mrsjas2000 I would start simple, it can feel like a bit much to get started with keto. I started out with https://www.ruled.me/start-here/
    That site has a lot of tips and tricks and recipes for beginners. Also they have a macro calculator and that will help get you started with your ratios. It's important in the beginning and for the 1st 4-8 weeks that you adhere to the ratios, this will get your body used to burning fat for fuel instead of carbs/glucose. There will be an adjustment period and you will feel a little sluggish until your body makes that transition. And during this period, especially, make sure you are getting enough electrolytes, and it will feel like it's a lot of electrolytes and sodium since it's generally more than we've been taught to take in, but you will need it because when you stop eating carbs, you don't retain water like before so you tend to flush out the electrolytes which means you need to replace them.

And basically I started very simple, I pretty much ate steak, broccoli, butter, and avocados during the first few weeks until I started getting a feel for the macros and the pretty extreme dietary change. You don't necessarily need to be that extreme as there are several choices within the approved foods list, but it is important to get as close to those macros as possible when you're first starting out. You will notice things after a bit, how you feel when you're in ketosis. Eventually, and not necessarily at first, but once you become fat adapted, you will notice that you're less hungry and you can intermittent fast without really trying to.

And as for eating at oddball times, no one eats on a weirder schedule than me. And keto made that a lot easier, once I was fat adapted, which can take between 4-8 weeks, I was less hungry and started eating at weird times. And now I tend to only eat once a day, or twice within a 6 hour window so it's ideal for someone who'd have a hard time fitting in several meals a day. In the beginning, you may not see the reduced appetite and it will be key to prepare some snacks and food ahead of time that will fit within your macros because it's so much different than other ways of eating, and will likely be a bit challenging to make the switch.
  • vicky2767
    Options
    lsjhudson wrote: »
    💪Weekly weigh-in💪

*Weigh in on Mondays*

Username: lsjhudson
    Week: August, week 1
    PW =217.9
    CW=217.3

💥Loss this week: -0.6
    💥Total loss: -15.7 lb

What insane effort this week just for basically 1/2 lb. Feeling frustrated but I suppose I'm still going down so shouldn't complain. Maybe once I start feeling better my stats will improve to go more in line with what my calories deficit should reflect 🤷‍♀️

Sometimes the scale doesn’t always reflect all our efforts. Don’t be so hard on yourself
  • vicky2767
    Options
    @AB0215 Thanks.
  • vicky2767
    Options
    o0kody0o wrote: »
    Hi Slimsons 👋🏻

For those of you who haven’t seen me around, my name is Avril and I’m 29 years old from the UK. I had my son 8.5 months ago and when I weighed myself in February, 3 months postpartum, I was shocked to learn I was 184lbs. At that point I told myself “enough is enough” and I completely changed my way of eating and added in some exercise. I’ve lost 43lbs since then, my self confidence is back and my health has improved (no more knee pain). I’ve been with The Slimsons for many months now and we are a friendly and supportive team 😊

🌟Goals for August🌟

Lose at least 5lbs

No more chocolate

Start using my exercise bike again for at least 20 minutes a day

💫 Let's reach our goals together this August! 💫
    You got this.
    Kin59vara wrote: »
    Daily Post Sunday, July 29
    Track: :)
    Calories yes under
    Exercise: Daily Burn Exercise: 16801

My calories were under but my daily weight was up. I am glad that I am doing the daily weigh-in so that I can adjust my food accordingly. I thought my weight was up Sunday morning because I had pasta. I think today it is because I had several meals with bread as part of them. I am going to cut out the bread and see if there is a difference.

• vicky2767
    Options
    Check in for sun July 28
    Tracked yes
    Calories over
    Exercise no
  • AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    @sherrilew Awesome loss! Great start to August!

@o0kody0o Welcome back Avril! Great goals for August and nice loss to start the month! You're doing great!

@lsjhudson Sometimes it's like that, there has been weeks I feel like I should have lost 5 lbs but it didn't happen that way and still half a pound is still great!

@dracocapricorn Welcome back Michelle, you got this, just take it one day at a time!

@Kin59vara Welcome back Patricia!

So one of the things I've learned since weighing daily is that sometimes certain foods we eat can cause water retention and inflammation, and bread is one of those foods that can definitely cause water retention, and while it's not necessarily a bad option, it's just something to be mindful of, especially when you weigh daily.
  • dustyspal
    dustyspal Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    Hubby talked me into going to Texas Roadhouse yesterday. I didn’t track my food/calories, but I only ate half my meal, did my walking, drank lots of water. Down .2 pound!! That’s a WIN in my book!
  • eromligyppah
    eromligyppah Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Back for another month! July progress was awesome and hopefully August progress will be too. With the spartan race done its time to focus a little more on upping my running distance for marathon training.
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,819 Member
    Options
    Check in for sun July 28
    Tracked yes
    Calories under
    Exercise no
  • XPatChez
    XPatChez Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    If anybody is looking for friends who actively post and support.
    Please feel free to add me.
  • Gadgetgirl259
    Gadgetgirl259 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    @Gadgetgirl259
    August Week 1 (Monday)

PW: 166.9
    CW: 164.5
  • mrsjas2000
    mrsjas2000 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    @AB0215 eating one meal a day sounds like I’ll be starving, how do you get enough calories in 1or 1 meals a day

Thanks for the info I’ll check out the website
  • o0kody0o
    o0kody0o Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    🌟Daily Post: Monday 29 July

Track: Yes
    Calories: Under
    Exercise: 1 hour of walking
This discussion has been closed.