TEAM WAISTAWAYS PLEASE WELCOME AND RETURNING MEMBER
    @kx7003
    PLEASE HELP HER GET READY FOR THE AUG CHALLENGE
    HAS BEEN ADDED TO THE SPREADSHEET

THANKS GREG
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,139 Member
    Options
    @kx7003 welcome back! We'll get up and running on Sunday (Aug. 4) but feel free to jump in and give us your news here until we switch over to the new chat then.
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,268 Member
    Options
    I’ve been under 200 all week until today. Somehow, I gained a pound since yesterday. I know it’s not a real pound of fat, but it is not fun to see. Steps, water, exercising has been pretty good. Calories are under, but a couple days I used some exercise calories and I was trying to limit it. I can’t seem to keep myself at 1,200-1,500.

Hope you are all having a good/better week!

@evangsimmons170 Wishing you the best. I know those school year starts can be rough. Hope the job you want comes through. 🤞🏻

• micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,268 Member
    Options
    Terytha wrote: »
    Today blew up. I made a mistake, someone I like took the heat (and was nice about it so I feel worse), the person who blew up will be my boss next month apparently, our important software had a meltdown and the person who embezzled funds finally was arrested.

Like. I haven't even had lunch yet and I feel like a year has gone by. It's been a while since felt so strongly that I wanted to toss my chicken and beans and go for cheeseburgers. There are vodka drinks in the fridge and I've also been tempted to take a few. -_-

Last year I would have. Today I'll have to find some other outlet for stress.

Wew! What a day. Sure hope things are going better today. If that’s not a stress eating trigger, I don’t know what is! Good for you for keeping some control.
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    micki48 wrote: »
    Today blew up. I made a mistake, someone I like took the heat (and was nice about it so I feel worse), the person who blew up will be my boss next month apparently, our important software had a meltdown and the person who embezzled funds finally was arrested.

Like. I haven't even had lunch yet and I feel like a year has gone by. It's been a while since felt so strongly that I wanted to toss my chicken and beans and go for cheeseburgers. There are vodka drinks in the fridge and I've also been tempted to take a few. -_-

Wew! What a day. Sure hope things are going better today. If that’s not a stress eating trigger, I don’t know what is! Good for you for keeping some control.

I ended up eating a couple Lindor chocolates and angercizing for 45 minutes. =P

I managed a really difficult pattern I never thought I could do and just about collapsed after, but that feeling of accomplishment (and husband's soft, awed "whoah" halfway through) sure cheered me up, so I ended on a high note. :)

And I guess he's signed us up for a gym today. So now that I've mastered 4 months of faithful logging and usually being on point with my calories, we're gonna try adding two nights a week of weights. Slow lifestyle changes, right?

I don't like weights/gyms... but I also don't want to drop 100 pounds and look like a melted candle, so I'll give it a shot. My yoga pants still fit, and I've still got some old running shirts.

Donated almost every piece of clothing I owned to the Diabetes Foundation last year in a fit of self loathing so I might need to buy something more appropriate.
  • evangsimmons170
    evangsimmons170 Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options

All I can say, @Terytha, is WOW! I hope today is going better for you and your company!
  • AmyRobF
    AmyRobF Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Went school shopping with the kids and had cheese sticks for lunch. They were so good and I’m still full and it’s 7:00! I am at the park and just walked 1.68 miles while my son has soccer practice. Now to go home and eat. I hope all of this hard work pays off for weigh in tomorrow! 🤞
  • jugar
    Options
    @Terytha - I am impressed that you and your husband will be going to the gym, even though right now you feel like it won't be your favourite thing. It is like learning a new language - at first you feel stupid and don't want to talk much, but gradually you get to the point where you kind of make sense and can enjoy a bit of conversation, then finally you are gabbing along,and even if you make some mistakes you know you're doing OK. You'll get strong and not feel like that melted candle! It will be hard sometimes to keep going and not feel intimidated, but it will be worth it!

For the last few years before retiring, I used the university gym. I was OLD and out of shape when I started, surrounded by students and athletes. I was certainly not the only prof in there, but it was really hard to feel confident for a long time. Luckily, I went to a trainer there - a woman who helped more than anyone to get going and keep the progress happening. If you can meet with a trainer once a month or so to set up a good program, do it! It really helps. And you know what is in people's heads when they see you? Admiration. They see you doing something hard. They'll see your progress too - so enjoy! And show them how unlike a melting candle you will be!

@AmyRobF - So good to see you doing all the logging and walking - I am sure it will pay off!

@Perla4686 - yep. Logging can get a bit obsessive - but as long as you keep coming back to it, the results will keep rolling in. Remember that when you get to maintenance! I know I can't just give up logging and expect that I will stay where I want to be. So, even though it is a bit annoying, you're stuck with it!

@cory17 - Good one! Coming back down! And @micki48 - hoping to see you back in onederland tomorrow!
  • jugar
    Options
    HEADS UP!
    The big Friday weigh-in day is coming... be ready!
    @Connie7355
    @jlbtnc
    @Jugar
    @AmyRobF
    @leni1us
    @martinesther88
    @Perla4686
    @tigrib
    @visiri
    @BMcC9

@kx7003 - you are still there among the Friday weigh-ins if you want to dive right back in now. Also, could you let me know if you want to do Sunday weigh-ins (as in your re-signing up) or stick with Friday as you were before?

@Blackbeautysue - hoping to have you jump back in and catch up!
  • leni1us
    leni1us Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Been traveling the last few days. Not sure what the scale will say but I'll jump on anyway.
  • jlbtnc
    jlbtnc Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Username: jlbtnc
    Weigh in week: week 1
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Previous Weight: 195.4
    Todays Weight: 196.6

Steps from Thursday: 4338
  • Connie7355
    Connie7355 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Connie7355
    Weigh in day - Friday
    PW - 185
    CW - 184.2
  • tigrib
    tigrib Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Current weight 190.0

Sorry that I missed last week, but it wasn't any better that this week.
    Can I still participate in August?
  • jugar
    Options
    tigrib wrote: »
    Current weight 190.0

Sorry that I missed last week, but it wasn't any better that this week.
    Can I still participate in August?
    ABSOLUTELY! There are many times when someone has a gain, a minimal loss - whatever. You are still here to work hard at getting there - and we can do this better together. You're in! If you want to change your weigh-in day or anything else, just let me know. <3
  • Andreabroadley
    Andreabroadley Posts: 5,455 Member
    Options
    Looking like I will not have a loss this Sunday.. oh well, I did well in July.. just need to find my motivation to push for weekend weigh in..
  • AmyRobF
    AmyRobF Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    PW 209
    CW 209

Just glad I didn’t gain!
  • jugar
    Options
    Looking like I will not have a loss this Sunday.. oh well, I did well in July.. just need to find my motivation to push for weekend weigh in..

The only good thing about starting the month higher than you want is that you look more impressive after week 1!!
This discussion has been closed.