WEIGHT NO MORE TEAM CHAT - JULY 2019

Replies

• Mrsbell8well
    Mrsbell8well Posts: 1,652 Member
    ci4l436lwcyu.png
    From Pinterest
  • Mrsbell8well
    @carlsoda look at you sassy pants! Love it! You sound like a success to me. And end of year is 5 months! Another 5 for you.
    @cyndiesstuff that’s right girl! Keep stoking that fire! I feel the heat.
  • nstephenson01
    nstephenson01 Posts: 854 Member
    nstephenson01
    Week 5
    Thursday (a day late as I wasn't able to access this page yesterday for some reason... sorry @cyndiesstuff & @sleepymom5)
    PW: 168.4
    CW: 170

Right smack in the middle of TOM so retaining oodles of water. Not where I wanted to end the month but can't control *kitten* hormones, particularly at this stage of my life. Should see a loss next week but I have lots of work to do in August since I'm 5 pounds heavier than I wanted to be on this date.
  • nstephenson01
    nstephenson01 Posts: 854 Member
    Welcome @amytriesww!!! I like your start, stop & keep! You have a great outlook!
  • lennoncpa
    lennoncpa Posts: 777 Member
    @Mrsbell8well I wrote a really nice message to you and then hit done instead of post reply and wiped out the whole thing! The gist of it was that I like the 1 year goal. I know I have perseverance because I’ve been logging into My Fitness Pal for something like 1400 days. I just have to figure out tenacity!! Like what worked for me this week that I didn’t do two weeks ago?? And why do I keep going up and down the same weight? But I keep clothes in my closet that I want to be able to wear again! I need to stop giving into my addiction. That’s what I do - I wimp out and talk myself into doing the wrong behavior. Maybe I need to figure out some sort of reward system for myself. I don’t usually reward myself for losing weight but I sure do beat myself up when I gain!!
  • hope002
    hope002 Posts: 1,066 Member
    edited August 2019
    Hope002
    Friday
    PW 216.5
    CW 216.5
  • lenka1
    lenka1 Posts: 295 Member
    Pw: 135.8

Cw: 135.4

• sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,466 Member
    edited August 2019
    @pacsnc6 Nice loss!
    @Zumba_Luvah Thank you! Glad you are back!
    @carlsoda Nice loss! You are so close to goal! You got this!!
    @lennoncpa Nice loss!
    @cyndiesstuff Yes! I loved that podcast! Thanks for the recommendation!
    @amytriesww Thanks for the intro! You had a great July! Love your keep,stop,start. So glad to have you on the team!
    @nstephenson01 I was having trouble getting on the main page. So many glitches on MFP lately. Hormones and TOM can cause weight gain. Hopefully that will be off next week.
    @hope002 Looks like you maintained for the month. Better than gaining! Hope all is well.
    @lenka1 Nice loss!! Hope you are having a good summer!
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,466 Member
    edited August 2019
    5gsboj54yhdk.jpeg

Saturday's Weigh Ins
    @DananaNanas
    @kirsten11872

Sunday's Weigh Ins
    @cassiegetsfit2013
    @twyla77

Late Weigh Ins
    @julie8468

• Mrsbell8well
    @lennoncpa I appreciate your comments. I think it comes down to how much do we want this goal? And our mini goals? On a scale of 1-10 how much do we want to hit the August goal that we set for ourselves? If you are at a 10 you will do everything that you need to do to be a success. I think a lot of times we think “oh wouldn’t that be nice. I sure hope I can achieve that”. Is very different from saying. “I got this! I will hit my goal! 100% guaranteed!” It’s more than confidence. It’s taking time to make a doable plan. Setting action steps and executing them. Most of us know what it means because we have done this many times before.
    I feel like I kind of cheated. From the beginning I did this for my health. My body shut down and I couldn’t eat. I would literally run to the bathroom gagging and throwing up just about every time I ate. I was forced to get smart and take steps to become healthy. That has been my one year journey. Pharmaceuticals can be such a blessing but I was determined to give my body a chance to see what we could do without meds. I have mentioned before that I was a heavy pill popper daily for headaches. October 14th is the last time I took any medication of any kind.
    There are lots of plans to help you lose weight. My mission was to be healthy. During the year I started by using diet sodas and sugar free jello. I rarely drank sodas but I followed a strict CICO plan. I ate everything but stayed within my calories. I lost weight steadily but I was still “sick”. In October I gave up sugar, alcohol, caffeine, dairy and all animal products. Including anything with chemicals. Once I got over the evil caffeine withdrawal my body started healing. I have done juicing, IF, Ayurvedic, gluten free, salt and oil free...lots of trials and error.
    Currently I am still finding my way. I eat lots of fruits and vegetables. I’m still vegan/plant based. I run, bike and do yoga daily.
    I noticed that I still tend to overeat but I’m much quicker at stopping and readjusting to get back in balance.
    It is an ongoing journey.
    You all know what works best for you. Don’t be afraid to tweak it and try something different if you need to.
    I want to assure you all that it’s not forever. It’s a short time and you will be done! But I’m finding that it turns out it is forever. Old patterns and ways of eating will put me right back where I started.
    @cyndiesstuff mentioned the art of substitution. That has been another success secret. I’m never deprived. I make sure I enjoy plenty of treats, drinks and lovely meals that fit into my natural healthy lifestyle.
    I can assure you all I am no different than any of you. If I can do it so can you! I am rooting for each and everyone of you. I’m feeling lonely. Come join me and we will be the healthiest team on F2F!
  • Navydaddjtc
    Navydaddjtc Posts: 4,166 Member
    edited August 2019
    sr2g321is4sz.png
    TEAM WEIGHT NO MORE
    PLEASE WELCOME BACK 2 OF YOUR RETURNING TEAM MATES
    @timibotkin AND @ihp2015
    PLEASE HELP THE GET SETTLED IN FOR THE AUGUST CHALLENGE
    THEIR INFORMATION HAS BEEN INPUTTED ON THE AUG. SS
    THANKS GREG
  • Mrsbell8well
    @Moarrein congrats on zeroing in on your goal. Definitely plan to stay on team for August. That’s what I did in July
  • Mrsbell8well
    This weeks produce includes raspberries. I made chocolate chip spelt waffles with raspberries to celebrate our anniversary.
    wphkgg71deax.jpeg
    We’re headed out to river for a day of tubing!
  • kirsten11872
    kirsten11872 Posts: 519 Member
    kirsten11872
    Week:5
    Weigh-in day: Saturday
    Previous weight:161.0
    Current weight:162.0
    +1
  • lennoncpa
    lennoncpa Posts: 777 Member
    Thanks for the positive reinforcement @Mrsbell8well. It all makes sense because I remember for years I kept saying “I was trying to quit smoking “. I never was able to quit until I actually said “I am no longer a smoker “!!! And that was in 1981. The big difference with food is that we have to eat! I’m pretty good at the “none” concept. I’m different when it comes to eating “some”.
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,112 Member
    Made it to Canada yesterday afternoon. Went boating and had a few drinks. My eating hasn't been that bad. I did have a few snacks. We went out for lunch today and I had a chicken sandwich so that's healthy. I did go for a walk this morning. Plan on another tomorrow. I'm looking forward to 2 weeks of relaxation. Hopefully my weight will keep going down.
This discussion has been closed.