WEIGHT NO MORE TEAM CHAT - AUGUST 2019

Options
Navydaddjtc
Navydaddjtc Posts: 4,166 Member
edited August 2019 in Social Groups
WELCOME TO TEAM WEIGHT NO MORE TEAM CHAT ROOM

This chat room provides a place for the CHALLENGERS to meet and chat about the challenge, discuss any issues, post comments, share ideas, etc...

We are beginning the AUGUST Challenge - We have six (6) teams returning this month!!

Our group and team leaders for the AUGUST Challenge are as follows:

Our Moderators;
Mari- @mari_moulin ( GROUP OWNER)
Steve - @steplaj
Greg - @Navydaddjtc
Liselyn - @jugar

Our Team Captains
Team Workout Warriors - @Navydaddjtc , @shockvalue07 and @steplaj
Team Mission Slimpossibles - @broncobuddee and @Kres567
Team Weight No More - @sleepymom5 and @cyndiesstuff
Team WaistAways - @BMcC9 and @jugar
Team Trimstones - @mulecanter and @jessicakrall8
Team Shrinking Assets - @Boehle and @lindamtuck2018

Our Motivators
Team Workout Warriors - @navydaddjtc @shockvalue07 @Fitness327wk
Team Mission Slimpossibles - @tess5036 and @Kres567
Team WaistAways - OPEN
Team Weight No More - @nstephenson01 and @Mrsbell8well
Team Trimstones - @angmarie28
Team Shrinking Assets - @KelGen02

Captain’s responsibilities include:
* Entering weights for your team into the spreadsheet.
* Be active in team discussions, encouraging and supporting the challengers as they post.
* Encourage challengers to participate in challenges and in group discussions.
* Post daily / weekly challenges and topics to promote team involvement and help keep the team engaged.
* Participate in team discussions encouraging team participation.
* Help remind challengers when they are due to post (and especially when overdue to post) weights.
* Encourage participation in the moderators challenge and in the weekly team challenges.
* Remind your challengers to enter their weights on time by tagging them or messaging them when they are pending.
* Answering any questions that may come up about challenges, weigh-ins, the spreadsheets etc.

Motivator’s Responsibilities include:
* Be active in team discussions, encouraging and supporting the challengers as they post.
* Encourage challengers to participate in challenges and in group discussions.
* Participate in team discussions encouraging team participation.
* Help remind challengers when they are due to post (and especially when overdue to post) weights.
* Encourage participation in the moderators challenge and in the weekly team challenges.
* Coordinate with your awesome team captains to see if they can use any assistance or if they have any specific tasks they feel you can assist with.

F2F-CHALLENGES:
- - WEEKLY GROUP CHALLENGE (Challenges hosted by teams for the entire group)
Week 1 - TRIMSTONES
Week 2 - WEIGHT NO MORE
Week 3 - WAISTAWAYS
Week 4 - SHRINKING ASSETS
- - MODERATOR'S CHALLENGE (Challenges hosted by the moderators of the group)
- - INDIVIDUAL CHALLENGES (Challenges within teams themselves)

HOW OUR CHALLENGES WORK:
We have 4 total possible challenges and NONE are mandatory. Our challengers can do none or all it's up to them. So we have...

The F2F Weekly TEAM Challenge - posted each week on Sunday in the announcements by the team who is assigned that particular week (see above for your week). This is for the F2F Group as a whole.

F2F Moderators Challenge/Topic of the week - This challenge is provided each week in the announcements area. One of the moderators will either provide a challenge that will involve anything fitness, health, and nutrition.

Individual Team challenges - these are challenge done within your own team. You can chose daily, weekly, or monthly challenges (weekly seems to work best). You can make this whatever you wish as long as it's health and fitness related.

Note: If for some reason your team is unable to provide the weekly challenge please let me know ahead of time so another team can take your place or so I can provide the challenge.

Good Luck Teams: Please let us know if there is anything wrong or if you notice something that needs to be fixed or modified. Everything seems ready to go for AUGUST. Registrations are almost done and we have quite a few new challengers. Make sure you are going into your new team threads to welcome anyone who has started posting. Let’s make our newbies feel welcome and show them some F2F love!!

THANKS, YOUR MODS

Replies

• Navydaddjtc
    edited August 2019
    Options
    sr2g321is4sz.png
    TEAM WEIGHT NO MORE
    PLEASE WELCOME BACK 2 OF YOUR RETURNING TEAM MATES
    @timibotkin AND @ihp2015
    PLEASE HELP THE GET SETTLED IN FOR THE AUGUST CHALLENGE
    THEIR INFORMATION HAS BEEN INPUTTED ON THE AUG. SS
    THANKS GREG
  • cyndiesstuff
    cyndiesstuff Posts: 1,562 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Well good morning everyone. I can't believe it is August. Time sure does fly by. My name is Cyndie and I am one of the Team captains along with @sleepymom5 . I have been with this group since September 2017. I started my weight loss journey January of 2017 when I had reached my highest weight of 196 pounds. I am only 5 foot tall so that was a lot of mass to stack on this short little frame. Currently, I weigh 154.5 pounds and need to loose about 24.5 more pounds. So with the help and support of my Teammates and friends here I have lost a total of 40 pounds. I started my weight loss journey using the simple calories in/calories out method (ci/co). but now, have been using intuitive eating. i have developed some unhealthy food issues over the last 40 years and i am working on changing some very old engrained beliefs about food and my body. My main form of exercise is walking and yoga. I have some sort of chronic pain condition. None of the experts can seem to agree on what it is so I just call it chronic pain. I have been ill since 2011 and they (the supposed experts who can't even agree on what it is) don't believe that my pain will go away.

I just got married June 14th this year. He is a wonderful man, Jim who is kind and loving and totally understanding. I have 2 adult children both with addictive personalities and my oldest has schizophrenia. He is 34 years old and who lives on his own but is still very dependent on me to live his life. My youngest is a 29 year old man who lives in Florida and just got out of a 90 day treatment program at the VA. I have two grandchildren, one is 12 and one is 4 and i don't get to see either. I live in michigan and work full time as an office manager of a finance company. I was just hired at a different office within the same company. My parents are both 86 and my mother has been extremely sick the last few months. So i spend lots of time with doctors visits, hospitals and physical therapy. Besides getting to know one another, the reason i tell you all of this is because i want you to see first thing that life happens and i have been losing weight anyway. It is all a choice. If you want it bad enough you will do what it takes to make it happen in spite of your hectic chaotic life.

I am an open book. I come here and tell the good, the bad, and the ugly. It is the way this works.

So now on to Team business:

I ask that you please check in daily or more if you please. But minimally daily. Many of us here check in with the following format.

Check in for: Thursday
    Logged food: yes, on track
    Water: 64 oz
    Steps or exercise: 10000 and 30 minutes of yoga

You can check in daily however you want really, just as long as your check in. most check in for the day before. kind of like a report. so today is sunday, my daily check in will be for what i accomplished yesterday.

So come on in and introduce yourselves. Tell us a little about yourselves and what your goals are. Lets get healthy together, "One day at a Time" Oh yea, and feel free to visit last months thread and read thru it if you'd like, it will give you a little feel of who we are. And please star this in your favorites so it is easy to get too.

Now, our way to weigh in on weigh in day:

User ID: Cyndiesstuff
    Week Number: Week 1
    Previous weight: 154
    Current weight: 154.5

Please be sure to weigh in promptly. But if you can't and something comes up, just don't ignore it. Come here and explain and we will get you excused from the weigh in.

@amytriesww @ihp2015 and @timibotkin Welcome to our August thread. Please introduce yourselves and what your goals are. I look forward to traveling this journey with you.

• ihp2015
    ihp2015 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    @cyndiesstuff: Congrats on getting married. I hope you had a wonderful day! I got a job as an executive assistant that I'm really enjoying. It's a small international organization with colleagues from all over the world. You mentioned that you also got a new job. What are you doing now?
  • Navydaddjtc
    Options
    5f5jh8cwfq9t.png

THE WINNERS ARE...

TEAM % Mission Slimpossibles 0.45%
    INDIVIDUAL % LovebyDraug69 3.80%
    TEAM LBS LOST Workout Warriors 14.6
    INDIVIDUAL LBS LOST buniphuphu 9.8

AS A WHOLE WE LOST 42.7PDS OR 0.17%

PLACE TEAM PERCENTAGE
    1st Mission Slimpossibles 0.45%
    2nd Shrinking Assets 0.35%
    3rd Workout Warriors 0.34%

PLACE TEAM LBS LOST
    1st Workout Warriors 14.6
    2nd Mission Slimpossibles 14.4
    3rd Shrinking Assets 12.8

PLACE INDIVIDUAL PERCENTAGE
    1st LovebyDraug69 3.80%
    2nd buniphuphu 3.45%
    3rd Cyndiesstuff 2.52%

HONORABLE MENTIONS
    SaraMakingChanges
    mrshadsall
    Carlsoda
    Gutcutter500
    Perla4686
    NikMar
    Luciicul
    Jactop
    gottagetthisdown
  • Navydaddjtc
    Options
    f1zxdi98mym4.png

GRAND FINALE

THE WINNERS ARE..

TEAM % Mission Slimpossibles 1.78%
    INDIVIDUAL % buniphuphu 9.15%
    TEAM LBS LOST Shrinking Assets 59.9
    INDIVIDUAL LBS LOST buniphuphu 27.6

As a whole we lost 262.8 pounds or 1.05% !!

PLACE TEAM PERCENTAGE

1st Mission Slimpossibles 1.78%
    2nd Shrinking Assets 1.61%
    3rd Workout Warriors 1.19%

PLACE TEAM LBS LOST

1st Shrinking Assets 59.9
    2nd Mission Slimpossibles 57.6
    3rd Workout Warriors 51.8

PLACE INDIVIDUAL PERCENTAGE
    1st buniphuphu 9.15%
    2nd Caydensmommy 7.76%
    3rd Luciicul 5.68%

PLACE INDIVIDUAL LBS LOST
    1st buniphuphu 27.6
    2nd Caydensmommy 23.8
    3rd Luciicul 11.4

HONORABLE MENTIONS
    kilobykilo
    Ahanaz
    ConfidentRaven
    southpalms
    MrsHadshall
    KMD1214
    Terytha
    19shmoo69
    zlauerMom
  • Zumba_Luvah
    Zumba_Luvah Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I got off track last month but have been back on track. I gained a few pounds to 200, then went from 200 to 196.6 in 1 week. So that's where I'm starting at here. I'm hoping to be at 190 by the end of August. I started doing body groove. Doing the 30 day challenge right now. It's a lot of fun. Has anyone here done body groove or heard of it?
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,412 Member
    Options
    Happy August!

Let’s see now, work full time at a super fun job ( supply chain for a food company and I get to spend a lots of money every month to make product) Married, with a cat baby (Lucy) and one grown daughter living in our basement. I am also grandma to 6, plus one on the way!

I like to hike, do yoga, dance around the house at night to give Lucy some exercise and get extra steps.

Goals for August:
    C25K - continue (3 days/Week)
    Other days - yoga, getting 10k steps, biking
    Eating 2 to 2 - still figuring out when I actually start to feel full (I have a bottomless pit)
    Keeping my carbs below 40 net grams

Lots of mind and body again this month!

Welcome new members!!
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,412 Member
    Options
    Friday and Saturday check in

Both great days - food, water and exercise good.

I did buy some ice for home and now I am drinking so much more. I can’t have any taste in my water except my water drops. I even had my hubs install a filtered water dispenser on my kitchen sink!

Yesterday we cleaned the garage, it was hot and humid and wasn’t planning on that but we got it done and burning a lot of calories!

Today will be an easier day!

Greetings to everyone!,
  • Navydaddjtc
    edited August 2019
    Options
    AUGUST WEEK 1 MODERATORS DISCUSSION
    HEALTHY LIVING
    c1amum0kcjrh.png
    MEAL PREPPING GUIDE 101... COURTESY OF LA FITNESS
    MANY OF US STRUGGLE WITH THE PERILS OF FOOD PREPPING....
    TO HOT OUTSIDE TO TURN ON THE OVENS....
    NO MOJO TO FIX A WEEKS WORTH OF MEALS....
    STAGNATE ON IDEAS ON WHAT TO FIX AND NOT THE SAME OL SAME OL.
    HERE IS AN ARTICLE FROM LA FITNESS WITH SOME IDEAS ON JUST THAT SUBJECT
    https://blog.lafitness.com/2019/07/17/ our-meal-prepping-101-guide/
    PLEASE SHARE YOUR IDEAS AND RECIPES WITH THE GROUP ON MEAL PREPPING 101
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10757886/aug-week-1-mods-discussion#latest

• CassieGetsFit2013
    CassieGetsFit2013 Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    Username: CassieGetsFit2013
    Weigh in Week: Week 1
    Weigh in day: Sunday
    Previous weight: 202.2
    Today's weight: 203.4

I believe I know where my mistakes were this week and the fact I haven't been counting my calories at all. I REALLY need to get back to doing that so I can see this weight go back down!
  • Mrsbell8well
    Mrsbell8well Posts: 1,652 Member
    Options
    Happy August! Intro later.
  • kirsten11872
    kirsten11872 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Hello all! Welcome to August! 😊

I’m feeling good! I had a slight gain, but I’m on track. Hoping to get back to the 150’s this month. I’m so close so I don’t see any reason why I shouldn’t. My goal is to get to my ultimate goal weight by the end of the year. I would like to be between 145-150, I’ll see how I feel when I get there. I’m hoping to hit goal before the end of the year, but I’m being realistic.

Have a great weekend! I’ll be enjoying my last 2 days of vacation, back to work on Wednesday. 😁
  • amytriesww
    amytriesww Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Check in for: Friday and Saturday
    Logged food: yes, on track
    Water: at least 60 oz per day (which is a bit low for me-will do better this week!)
    Steps or exercise: a little over 11,000 both days (Leslie Sansone 4-mile video workout/ about 55 minutes)

Friday and Saturday were pretty good days for me. Happy that I got lots of movement in. I just added exercise in my routine in the past couple weeks and I still have days where my mind tries to talk me out of it….but I always feel so happy once I’m done. So, I’ve been trying to focus on that feeling and it helps to stay on track.

@cyndiesstuff Thanks for such a warm welcome! You are right when you say I am just doing what I’ve always done. There’s a little humor in the fact that I said I needed to not be so hard on myself and then I turned around and called myself ridiculous. I didn’t even pick up on that! Lol I think it will be a challenge to change that kind of talk to myself, because I’ve been doing it my entire life, but I’m ready to start being better to myself.

I’m sorry to hear about your chronic illness. I can’t even imagine how frustrating it must be to not have any answers. It definitely proves that doctors just don’t know everything. Don’t ever give up on searching for answers.

@amsandos Don’t be afraid to weigh in! The hardest part was to admit that you’ve been struggling. You made a new plan and no matter what the scale says, be proud of the steps you’ve taken to continue on your journey. You’re almost to goal! Also, Disneyland Paris sounds amazing! I hope you have the best time with your daughter!

@ihp2015 Your vacation sounds lovely! The 5 am wake up, however, does not! Lol I wish I had something to say to make your morning easier tomorrow, but I got nothing! I’ve been sleeping in all summer and my daughter goes back to school in about 3 weeks…..I already don’t want to get up!

@phoebe112476 Congratulations on your 1-year weight loss anniversary! That is a huge accomplishment! Your story is very inspirational. You should be so proud of how far you’ve come. On August 4, 2020, I hope to still be working towards my health and putting myself first when I need to.

@Zumba_Luvah I have heard of Body Groove! It looks fun! What are the workouts like?

@carlsoda Six grand babies? How fun! You must never have a dull moment! Does Lucy follow you around the house? I have 3 cats….they don’t ever follow me around the house- unless it’s around dinner time!

@CassieGetsFit2013 Great job in figuring out how this week could be better! I think I mentioned above, a lot of times that’s the hardest part. Rooting for you this week!

@Barbb1557 It sounds like you had a great weekend! I agree- sending time with family is the best! Also, really great job on limiting your drinks! It’s so hard to do that during social occasions! It’s always a victory to stay on track!

This discussion has been closed.