WEIGHT NO MORE TEAM CHAT - AUGUST 2019

Options

Replies

• Mrsbell8well
    Mrsbell8well Posts: 1,652 Member
    Options
    I have been in a work meeting all day. Took my leftovers from dinner last night. It seems a bit sad. I am not very social so I sit by myself with my little lunch. But that’s ok.
    I’m looking forward to responding more to you all but for now happy to finish reading everyone’s posts.
    Congrats @lenka1 on the baby. How exciting!
    More later.
  • Mrsbell8well
    Options
    le47t68fkod8.jpeg
    Last nights dinner featuring zucchini. Made zoodles with garlic Alfredo and roasted cherry tomatoes and asparagus.
  • amsandos
    amsandos Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    forgot to say plan for tomorrow

breakfast haddock egg spinach mushrooms toast
    lunch sardine ryvita salad
    dinner coconut chicken curry
    snacks beef puft yoghurt
  • Julie8468
    Julie8468 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Check in for August 6
    Food: logged, a little over
    Steps: 6,880
    Water: not good
    I had no plan today, still on vacation with my two boys but home now, husband is back at work. @cyndiesstuff : My goal today was to figure out healthy meals we would want to eat. Shopped and cut up food for snacks, was thoughtful on what we ate and what really needs to be thrown out. Had healthy options for the kids to choose what I made for supper. They were surprisingly cheerful about it and ate it all. Discovered my 13 year old loves dragon fruit, too bad it’s so expensive.
  • twyla77
    twyla77 Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Daily log in for: Tuesday August 6
    Logged: yes, under!
    Water: 8! woo hoo!
    Exercise: Did Day 6 of my Ab Challenge, and went on a walk after work - fast-walked up & down those stairs twice. People were running past me, up & down, but i’m not ready to run them yet. Soon.
    Steps: 11,016

• ihp2015
    ihp2015 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Ok, so I totally forgot to check in yesterday, so here's my check in for the last two days.

Monday was a good day, despite the very early start. I'm not a morning person, so is not easy for new to get up that early. But I managed and food wise it was definitely a good day. I also drank more water than I have lately, so that's also good. The steps are still a bit of a struggle because of my full time job, where I sit most of the time, but I got about 6,000 steps in anyway.

Yesterday was also a good day, but I was a bit hungry when I came home. So I ate a little bit extra, still with a deficit, so I'm happy. As I mentioned, I'm trying to be a bit less obsessed, so I think it worked well yesterday.

Today is off to a good start, so all is good here.

Have a great Wednesday everyone!
  • Moarrein
    Moarrein Posts: 3,125 Member
    Options
    Check in for Monday
    Food: logged and under (no late night snacks, but had half a piece of birthday cake)
    Water: enough
    Exercise: 40 min walk + 10 min yoga
    Steps: 10789

I'm starting to get sick :-( I feel really exhausted and kind of feverish, thought my thermometer doesn't show increased temperature...

My plan for today:
    Try to eat healthy
    Stay very well hydrated
    Do several small walks if possible
    Do some yoga
  • Mrsbell8well
    Options
    Daily check in Tuesday
    Exercise rode 20 minutes bike in morning
    Steps 8152
    Water good
    Food very good and balanced.

Yesterday’s produce was mint. I have a beautiful batch growing in a patio pot. For dinner I made taboulli with mint and parsley, baba ganoush with eggplant and pita bread and hummus. It’s one of my favorite summer dinners.
    We are striving to be out of debt by the end of August. 2 lifelong goals completed this summer. (Still paying off mortgages though).
    Contemplating my next focus. Either giving it my all at work or starting a blog. We have monthly work goals so I may strive for 100% for a month then work on a blog.
    I love that losing weight is no longer number 1.
    Have a good day everyone!
  • cyndiesstuff
    cyndiesstuff Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    Check in for Tuesday
    Food: on plan
    Water: 50 oz
    Exercise: 50 min walk
    Steps:10165

was a good day yesterday. followed my 24 hour plan. it is a good thing i put that walk with mack on there. when i got home from work, i was only at 7000 steps. ohhh i didn't want to walk. but it was so wonderful once i started. mack was super excited to go to the woods. he kept looking back at me making sure i was still coming! it was hot and muggy but in the woods it was cool and damp. mackie rustled up some sort of critter from a fallen tree and was off! he is so funny, he thinks he will catch it. or maybe he doesn't maybe he just does it for the pure joy of the chase. the woods is beautiful. i feel such peace there. one day i will have a little she shed out there. just for mackie and i to retreat to from the busy world. i meditate about that place. and one day i will be able to meditate at that place!!

todays plan
    exercise
    go to work
    eat apple, hard boiled egg, left over stir fry, pumpkin seeds, and dinner out with a friend.
    dinner with a friend
    go home!

Now.... my commitment to you, is at my dinner out with a friend, I will have water, and i will eat between the 2's. i will ask for a box when i order my meal and i will put some food in it before i start eating. and above all, i will not eat from the bread basket.

@amytriesww you work those 4 circles girl and then post them proudly on your frig. keeping your daily goals front and center is important. old sayings become old sayings for a reason. usually because they are true. out of sight out of mind. so be proud you are taking control and post the 4 circles proudly. then out loud, to yourself, say this is the new me. i am going to work on building her every day. she is worth it.

@nstephenson01 i love that you are using the tools! look at you go. super proud. writing out a plan!! and then analyzing it at the end of the day is going to be sooooo helpful to you.

@amsandos ohhhh hula hoops puft is like our funyuns.

dgr56zabs51a.jpg

what are you going to do next time your feel strange and sad? eating nuts is not the answer. working on what you will do instead. make a plan in advance, so when it happens you will be ready. maybe, you should have just comforted yourself. self soothing is a great tool. some practice with that will really help you.

@Mrsbell8well and why is it sad? are you feeling sad for yourself? what do you think you are missing? or are you sad for the others who are eating the provided food? and that lunch would not make me sad at all. it looks devine. i would have asked you for a bite!! i have never really been a fan of mint in food, i like mint tea tho. i think you will do great with a blog, what is going on with your book?

@Julie8468 ohh yea girl. teaching your children healthy eating is one of the most important skills they will learn. it really is the foundation of our lives. good job... you keep that up!

@twyla77 love that you stuck to your plan. what will you do today to meet your goals?

@ihp2015 ahhh we will excuse you this one time. it's like your a newbie all over again!! as for the steps, i totally get that. office jobs and steps are hard. i have a timer on my phone and walk a little every hour. i pace at work when i can. i also walk before work and now after. it is the only way to get the 10k steps. i also, when it is nice walk for a little at lunch. look for the small opportunities to be active.

@Moarrein ohhh no, i hope your not coming down with something. take care and eat your greens. they really help when your not feeling well.

• cyndiesstuff
    cyndiesstuff Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    I am very nervous about dinner out with my friend. i have not seen her in a while. it will be so nice to catch up with her. but she likes to drink and eat to excess. and she is one who cares if you don't join her. she will call me out on it. i can do this. just because i have not been successful in the past doesn't mean i won't be successful now. i will say, no, i just eat between the 2's. and then use my self soothing to live with the urge till it passes. she is overweight too, and i am not participating in those behaviors any longer. i like the way i feel when i feed my body what it needs. so i will smile, knowing that i will do what is best for me. Wish me luck!!
  • Mrsbell8well
    Options
    @cyndiesstuff good luck tonight. Maybe you can do a quickie check in before dinner, during dinner (go use the bathroom) and after dinner. Keep yourself accountable.
    I am not sure on the sadness thing. It’s just me. I’m an introvert. I don’t mix well with others unless I have to. Reminded me of high school. I ate by myself then too. I sometimes feel like an outsider. Like I don’t belong. I don’t think I want to belong. Always have enjoyed my own company or a good book or one on one with a like minded person. And yes my food was superior but it does make me an outsider. But that’s been most of this last year. I eat and drink differently than most people. And my exercise and fitness are not the norm either. The woman next to me gave herself an insulin shot then loaded up her plate with fried chicken and cookies and cans of soda. 1/2 the attendees were overweight or out of shape. I am feeling my way around this new life. As Cyndie posted its more than food that makes us overweight. Our friends, environment, social media. Birds of a feather flock together. Looking for like minded birds.
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,412 Member
    Options
    lennoncpa wrote: »
    @carlsoda I am actually going to be attending the first annual Canada clogging convention in October in Waterloo, Ontario. I’m not sure if that’s near you or not but they have already completely booked up 4 hotels so I think this is going to be a very big deal!!! Thanks for the compliment too!! I don’t feel or act my age so I guess it’s good if I don’t look my age either !!

The one I was talking about is in Shelburne. I used to live in that area before moving to the States. Good luck at the convention!! For a first annual it sounds like a big deal!!
  • carlsoda
    Options
    amsandos wrote: »
    o7hdh8mi61ny.jpg

Can I just say it :) weird but I bet it's delicious! It's kinda like have gravy on your fries I think most Canadians love it and I've converted a few Americans. mmmmmm beef gravy on fries!!!
  • carlsoda
    Options
    I am very nervous about dinner out with my friend. i have not seen her in a while. it will be so nice to catch up with her. but she likes to drink and eat to excess. and she is one who cares if you don't join her. she will call me out on it. i can do this. just because i have not been successful in the past doesn't mean i won't be successful now. i will say, no, i just eat between the 2's. and then use my self soothing to live with the urge till it passes. she is overweight too, and i am not participating in those behaviors any longer. i like the way i feel when i feed my body what it needs. so i will smile, knowing that i will do what is best for me. Wish me luck!!

I'd say just keep talking and talking and talking so she won't notice what you eat or drink. Keep her distracted :) and do what is best for you. Good luck and have fun!!
  • carlsoda
    Options
    Tuesday check in

Bad day food wise...well part of it was bad. I'm into another cycle of cravings and trying to work through it. Nothing sounds good except carbs. I'll keep listening to F2F and work through this. I did however drink plenty of water yesterday and did yoga last night plus 10,000+ steps. Work up this morning with a sore neck so maybe I'm coming down with something?

Today's plan is to just get through the day, journal my thoughts, write a plan and do my best to stick to it.

Have a great Wednesday!!!
  • Zumba_Luvah
    Zumba_Luvah Posts: 414 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    @amytriesww They are fun! Its dancing but lower impact than zumba. And I dont feel like I have to try and keep up with the instructor. In fact that's what she says in every one of her videos. You move how you want to.

@cyndiesstuff Yes definitely check it out! Right now I'm doing the 30 day challenge and it's free the first 30 days then 9.99 a month. But you u get access to all of the videos for a bit to see if its something you like. I know I'll be paying the 9.99 a month once my free trial is over! Haha

@nstephenson01 Thank you. Body groove is a dance workout but low impact. And you move how you want to.

@Moarrein Body groove is a dance workout but low impact. And you move how you want to. It's a lot of fun. I've been doing that more than I have been doing zumba!
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,136 Member
    Options
    Just say NO!

Team Trimstones has posted the week 1 team challenge, and it is simple, easy, and GOOD. All you have to do is post a daily commitment to saying NO to something. What is your NO for today? Go check it out -
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10758291/week-1-group-challenge-trimstones-august#latest
  • Barbb1557
    Barbb1557 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Username Barbb1557
    Weigh in week Week 1
    Weigh in day Wednesday
    Previous Weight 249.2
    Today's Weight 244.4
    Loss 4.8 Yeah

Checking in. Yesterday was a very good day starting with spending 30 minutes with my trainer I was exhausted and walking like John Wayne when I left, fabulous!! Food was on track but did not log many steps. Will try to do better tomorrow
  • amsandos
    amsandos Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    @cyndiesstuff we have funions too although we call them onion rings we also have onions rings (as in rings of onion battered bread and fries). These are potato rings the dimensions are different. They are baked so lower in fat where are onion rings are puffed wheat flavoured and fried.

When you see your friend you should put some tubs in your handbag (purse) then when she does to the loo (bathroom) or bar sneak some food into your tub and have it the next day. Everyone's happy :wink: ok that is terrible advice but you have got this. I don't really get self soothing it makes me thing of leaving babies to cry it out in the crib. I could never cope with that either. The minute my LO cried I would pick her up. Hearing her cry was like having a drill in my brain. I definitely need some better strategies for now I will have it and track it.

@carlsoda omg chips and gravy is amazing. I love that it is a national dish in Canada. As I understand it they have cheese gravy and chips. That is awesome chip and cheese and chips and gravy on one plate. I think i am planning my next joy eat!

daily check in

food a little over but still in the weight loss zone
    water on target
    exercise club swim

the plan went out of the window but i stayed in the weight loss zone so i am taking it as a win. I avoided the biscuit (cookie) tin. Although i did have some sweets (candy) but I counted it all and I didn't eat that much.

I am going to say no to the kitchen again tomorrow tomorrow's plan

breakfast - egg salad sandwich
    lunch crumpet cheese salad
    dinner chicken passander rice

exercise whole body circuit. Let one good day follow another.
This discussion has been closed.