💪Weekly weigh-in💪

*Weigh in on Mondays*

Username: lsjhudson
    Week: August, week 2
    PW =217.3
    CW=220.9

💥Loss this week: + 3.6 lb
    💥Total loss: -12.1 lb

Well this is not a surprise at all...I've had a difficult week both emotionally and strategically and I gave up 2 days into the week tracking and..to be honest...caring. But I've done it, it's over, and I have a fresh face on this morning.

Congrats for breaking out of the not caring zone. When those times hit, I find it so difficult to get through It and back on track. If you have any suggestions that helped you get back to that fresh face attitude, after only 2 days, please share.
  • CindyJNC1963
    CindyJNC1963 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: August 4th

Track:
    Yes
    Calories under goal: No, about 80 calories over
    Exercise: 9600 steps
  • CindyJNC1963
    Options
    CindyJNC1963

August: Week #2

Original starting weight: 273

PW:
    CW: 188.4

I haven't officially introduced myself yet this month. My name is Cindy and I'm 56 years old. This is my 10th month with the challenge. When I started I was soooo miserable. I could barely walk anywhere without getting out of breath. I took a business trip and had to use a seat belt extender...I had never even heard of the thing before. The passenger seated next to me was offended by my size and asked to be moved to another seat. I was so humiliated. The airports were also awful. Charlotte Douglas is an enormous airport that requires tons of walking. I thought I was going to have a heart attack trying to walk from one end to the other....and then back again because the gate changed. Of course we had to walk tons and tons at the conference too. On the plane home I decided that was NEVER going to happen again. So far I've dropped about 85 pounds and I have about 52 pounds to go to reach my goal. When I started my BMI was right at 50 and now it's just under 35. I don't do anything special diet wise. I just stick to 1350 calories and I try to walk 10,000 steps a day (for me that is roughly 4 miles). I have removed pasta and processed sugar from my diet. I still share a large sub with my Dad on Fridays and that's the only bread I eat. I try to keep my carbs around 100 and protein over 100. Some days I do better than others with this goal. My biggest weakness is getting enough water. That is a goal I have a hard time reaching each month....to increase my water consumption. So, I will make that my goal again this month. I also hope to lose 5 more pounds.
  • CindyJNC1963
    Options
    Daily post Sunday
    Tracking yes
    Nutrition calorie range yes (no to fruit and veggie goal, only 6 g of fiber)
    Exercise yes. 30 minutes walking
    Yesterday I watched tennis in DC, it’s nice to see the pros do it. I won a t shirt by serving faster than my age group in the radar booth. Being in the over 60 group has its advantages.

I don't know if you like Quest bars or not but they have tons of fiber. I eat at least one a day.

• mylosinggametowin
    mylosinggametowin Posts: 53 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Daily Post-🌟Sunday, August 4🌟

Track: Yes👍🏼
    Calories: Yes 👍🏼
    Exercise: N.....I ended Week 1 of half marathon training on a high and will start Week 2 on Monday! Let's start the week off right!
    Goals/Day/Comments: This week was hard as it was my first official week at actually running to kick off half marathon training. It went well but knew something was off with my time. So I figured out how to calibrate my watch and we will see how off the numbers really were!

✨Weigh in Monday, August 5th✨

Week: August Week 2
    PW =242.4lbs
    CW=241.2lbs
    GW=200lbs
  • SallyLuvsFitness
    SallyLuvsFitness Posts: 13,724 Member
    Options
    o0kody0o wrote: »
    🌟Weekly weigh-in: Monday

👧Username: o0kody0o
    🗓Week: August, week 2
    👣PW: 141.3
    👣CW: 139.5

⭐️Loss this week: 1.8 lbs
    ⭐️Total loss: 44.5 lbs

Well that came as a surprise this morning! Over the past week I hadn’t been making the best food choices so I’m really happy to see a decent loss

Awesome!!!
  • sherrilew
    sherrilew Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Sherrilew
    Aug week 2
    PW: 266.8
    CW: 266.0

• tennisquilter
    tennisquilter Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    CindyJNC1963

August: Week #2

Original starting weight: 273

PW:
    CW: 188.4

I haven't officially introduced myself yet this month. My name is Cindy and I'm 56 years old. This is my 10th month with the challenge. When I started I was soooo miserable. I could barely walk anywhere without getting out of breath. I took a business trip and had to use a seat belt extender...I had never even heard of the thing before. The passenger seated next to me was offended by my size and asked to be moved to another seat. I was so humiliated. The airports were also awful. Charlotte Douglas is an enormous airport that requires tons of walking. I thought I was going to have a heart attack trying to walk from one end to the other....and then back again because the gate changed. Of course we had to walk tons and tons at the conference too. On the plane home I decided that was NEVER going to happen again. So far I've dropped about 85 pounds and I have about 52 pounds to go to reach my goal. When I started my BMI was right at 50 and now it's just under 35. I don't do anything special diet wise. I just stick to 1350 calories and I try to walk 10,000 steps a day (for me that is roughly 4 miles). I have removed pasta and processed sugar from my diet. I still share a large sub with my Dad on Fridays and that's the only bread I eat. I try to keep my carbs around 100 and protein over 100. Some days I do better than others with this goal. My biggest weakness is getting enough water. That is a goal I have a hard time reaching each month....to increase my water consumption. So, I will make that my goal again this month. I also hope to lose 5 more pounds.

Cindy, thanks so much for sharing! My starting weight was 279 and one of my motivations was to Never Again need a seat extender. I was seated next to my always slim husband, so my humiliation stayed more private than yours. On Southwest, if I sit in the aisle seat and my husband sits in the window seat, that middle seat will be the last one taken on the plane. People would rather sit next to a baby than next to a very large woman! Too bad for them, because if they did want to sit in our aisle, husband moves to the middle and they get a window seat next to the thin guy. Thanks for the quest suggestions, I will have to try them. Some mornings I do have a vitatop with fruit to start in the right direction.
    I like this challenge, because we are all on different points on our fitness journeys, but our struggles are the same and it is so important for me to see those who have already stayed with it for long periods!
  • lsjhudson
    lsjhudson Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    💥Daily Post: Monday, 5th August 💥

✅Track: yes
    ✅Calories: under
    ✅Exercise: 30min swimming

Comments: Great day back on track...managed a good swim session as well which helped to clear my head.
  • lsjhudson
    Options
    lsjhudson wrote: »
    💪Weekly weigh-in💪

*Weigh in on Mondays*

Username: lsjhudson
    Week: August, week 2
    PW =217.3
    CW=220.9

💥Loss this week: + 3.6 lb
    💥Total loss: -12.1 lb

Well this is not a surprise at all...I've had a difficult week both emotionally and strategically and I gave up 2 days into the week tracking and..to be honest...caring. But I've done it, it's over, and I have a fresh face on this morning.

Congrats for breaking out of the not caring zone. When those times hit, I find it so difficult to get through It and back on track. If you have any suggestions that helped you get back to that fresh face attitude, after only 2 days, please share.

Oh it's sooooo soooooo hard. I think everyone has to find the way thst works best for them...for me, it helped to identify a future day that I was going to face my weight gain and get back on track and put it in my diary. And then to be honest it's going one meal at a time, and planning it. So I shopped ahead of today and got loads of stuff I love to eat that works within my calorie goal, and stuffed my fridge (I planned my fresh day the day after our weekly shop so my fridge looks full and bursting with stuff i like to eat)...I then filled out my food diary a day ahead of time with what I was planning to eat, to the last bite. And then I agreed with myself to just promise to do one day. Not "back on track forever and ever and you'll never be able to eat that pastry/chocolate bar/ burger again for example, but, "you're just doing one day. You can do anything for one day". And, as predicted, having a great day today and feeling back in control makes me want to continue doing what I'm doing and has put me in a much more positive state of mind.

I hope that helps a little. I do know how frustrating it is and for all your best intentions even planning to be on track and have a good eating day can easily descend into sneaking something in and then giving up again. We are our own worst enemies! Xx
  • lsjhudson
    Options
    o0kody0o wrote: »
    🌟Weekly weigh-in: Monday

👧Username: o0kody0o
    🗓Week: August, week 2
    👣PW: 141.3
    👣CW: 139.5

⭐️Loss this week: 1.8 lbs
    ⭐️Total loss: 44.5 lbs

Well that came as a surprise this morning! Over the past week I hadn’t been making the best food choices so I’m really happy to see a decent loss

Well done you superstar! 🙌🙌
  • sreid92
    sreid92 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Up this week guys sorry

Pw-225.2
    Cw-227

Any tips on how to quit smoking weed would be greatly appreciated. If I could kick the habit and not munch out every night it would make a world of difference.
  • dustyspal
    dustyspal Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    Daily Post Monday
    Track ✔
    Calories ✔ under
    Exercise ✔
    Water 96 oz

Looking forward to getting some fresh 🍅 off of my tomato plants. I always give my dad the first couple, so now I get the next one. Taste great in salads!
  • lsjhudson
    Options
    sreid92 wrote: »
    Up this week guys sorry

Pw-225.2
    Cw-227

Any tips on how to quit smoking weed would be greatly appreciated. If I could kick the habit and not munch out every night it would make a world of difference.

Unfortunately I don't have any advice specific to your habit, however I read a great book that helped me to look at habits in general, and how they're established, as well as how to identify your triggers and how to replace a part of the cycle that can lead to changing/eradicating the habits we don't like. I suggest you have a look:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Power-Habit-Why-What-Change/dp/1847946240/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?keywords=charles+duhigg&qid=1565045117&s=gateway&sprefix=charles+du&sr=8-1

Good luck!
  • SallyLuvsFitness
    SallyLuvsFitness Posts: 13,724 Member
    Options
    Daily check in
    Fitness327wk

8.5 (Mon) 💃🤸‍♀️💃
    Track: Yes✔️
    Calories: Yes ✔️
    Water: Yes
    Exercise: golf
  • sreid92
    sreid92 Posts: 11 Member
    Options

lsjhudson wrote: »
    sreid92 wrote: »
    Up this week guys sorry

Pw-225.2
    Cw-227

Unfortunately I don't have any advice specific to your habit, however I read a great book that helped me to look at habits in general, and how they're established, as well as how to identify your triggers and how to replace a part of the cycle that can lead to changing/eradicating the habits we don't like. I suggest you have a look:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Power-Habit-Why-What-Change/dp/1847946240/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?keywords=charles+duhigg&qid=1565045117&s=gateway&sprefix=charles+du&sr=8-1

Good luck!

Thanks so much! I’ll check it out!

• jeapri17
    jeapri17 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Weigh-in Monday

jeapri17
    August, Week 2
    PW =168
    CW=168
  • jeapri17
    jeapri17 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: Monday, 8/5

Track: Yes
    Calories: Yes
    Exercise: Yes, stretching 20 min
  • AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    Options
    Daily Post (Monday)

Track: Yes
    Calories: Yes
    Exercise: Yes, 90 mins walking 70 mins weight training--Snatches, Clean + Split Jerks, Front Squats and Russian Twists
This discussion has been closed.