CW: 164.2
  • SallyLuvsFitness
    SallyLuvsFitness Posts: 13,724 Member
    Options
    AB0215 wrote: Β»
    Daily Post (Monday)

Track: Yes
    Calories: Yes
    Exercise: Yes, 90 mins walking 70 mins weight training--Snatches, Clean + Split Jerks, Front Squats and Russian Twists

Awesome! πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ™‹β€β™€οΈπŸ™Œ
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    Monday check in:
    Calories: Under
    Water: over
    Exercise walking
  • dracocapricorn
    dracocapricorn Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Oh I thought it starts only from this week.

dracocapricorn
    Aug Week 1 Wednesday

PW: 144.6 lb
    CW: 145 lb
  • Kin59vara
    Kin59vara Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Username: Kin59vara
    Week: August week 2
    Weigh in day: SUNDAY
    PW =166
    CW=166.2

Up after vacation, good food, good company
  • Kin59vara
    Kin59vara Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: Tuesday, August 6
    Track: :)
    Calories:
    Exercise: Daily Burn Exercise: 10,627

Goals for August:
    Tracking/Calories: examine what I am eating adjusting according to weigh-in. NO MORE HOT DOGS!

Exercise Adjust my Daily Burn to not only get the steps in but also making sure that I have the strength exercises. Begin small with strength and see how I can build on this: I did different types of exercises as I kayaked, swam, and paddleboard but did not get my steps in

Steps If I have not met my daily goal proceed to the beach for a walk until I have.I did not meet this

Refocusing!
  • AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    Options
    sreid92 wrote: Β»
    Up this week guys sorry

Pw-225.2
    Cw-227

Any tips on how to quit smoking weed would be greatly appreciated. If I could kick the habit and not munch out every night it would make a world of difference.

@sreid92 This is going to sound funny, but bear with me. So there are some studies done that actually suggest weed can help weight loss, there are some scientific things that happen in the body that for purposes of this response I will leave out for now, that actually help with weight loss. The only thing is the munchies that you have to watch out for and the suggestion is to limit the amount of snack foods you have in the house and swap those out for fruits and veggies to much on when the munchies hit. Eating fruit or veggies lower in calories will help you with your goal even if you aren't necessarily kicking the weed habit, which for all intents and purposes isn't the worst habit you could have. I'm not saying you shouldn't try to reduce the smoking, just saying that maybe you can try to mitigate it's effects by choosing the snacks you have available when the urge hits and then you can also work on reducing your smoking habit as well, but I think quitting both weed and trying to limit your calorie consumption will be more difficult to do at the same time, but maybe if you shave both down a bit, and don't try to quit right off the bat, that will be easier and you can still lose weight...
  • AB0215
    Options
    πŸ’ͺWeekly weigh-inπŸ’ͺ

*Weigh in on Mondays*

Username: lsjhudson
    Week: August, week 2
    PW =217.3
    CW=220.9

πŸ’₯Loss this week: + 3.6 lb
    πŸ’₯Total loss: -12.1 lb

Well this is not a surprise at all...I've had a difficult week both emotionally and strategically and I gave up 2 days into the week tracking and..to be honest...caring. But I've done it, it's over, and I have a fresh face on this morning.

Congrats for breaking out of the not caring zone. When those times hit, I find it so difficult to get through It and back on track. If you have any suggestions that helped you get back to that fresh face attitude, after only 2 days, please share.

Oh it's sooooo soooooo hard. I think everyone has to find the way thst works best for them...for me, it helped to identify a future day that I was going to face my weight gain and get back on track and put it in my diary. And then to be honest it's going one meal at a time, and planning it. So I shopped ahead of today and got loads of stuff I love to eat that works within my calorie goal, and stuffed my fridge (I planned my fresh day the day after our weekly shop so my fridge looks full and bursting with stuff i like to eat)...I then filled out my food diary a day ahead of time with what I was planning to eat, to the last bite. And then I agreed with myself to just promise to do one day. Not "back on track forever and ever and you'll never be able to eat that pastry/chocolate bar/ burger again for example, but, "you're just doing one day. You can do anything for one day". And, as predicted, having a great day today and feeling back in control makes me want to continue doing what I'm doing and has put me in a much more positive state of mind.

I hope that helps a little. I do know how frustrating it is and for all your best intentions even planning to be on track and have a good eating day can easily descend into sneaking something in and then giving up again. We are our own worst enemies! Xx

@lsjhudson That is exactly my mentality, although I tend to look at it in 30 day increments. I can do anything for one month... also that works for me because my training cycles are in 4 week increments and I tend to want to support my training and eat the best that I can to perform the best I can. But it is really about finding what works for you, there are many strategies and honestly weightlifting is what got me to lose weight because I wanted to be better at the sport and it became easier when I was lighter....
  • AB0215
    Options
    @sherrilew Nice loss!!

@13point1runnermomma Great loss this week!!

@CindyJNC1963 Another nice loss!!

@tennisquilter Awesome loss!!

@o0kody0o Nice loss this week!

@lsjhudson Sometimes it's hard to face it when we gain, but it's really encouraging that you've decided to take it that way and move on, something I still struggle with!

• AB0215
    edited August 2019
    Options
    @jeapri17 Nice job staying under and nice stretching, something I've only recently learned how important it really is.

@gjaholy33 Great job with your intake and exercise, glad you got to bowl with your brother, that's fun!

@mrsjas2000 Even though you were over your calorie goal, you did still get in some activity, which helps, and great job tracking despite going over, it helps to see what we're doing and thinking about how to get past the over eating as well.

@tennisquilter Nice day, great day staying within your calories, even if you didn't hit your fruit and veggie goal, maybe you can find creative ways to get those in, when I ate fruits and veggies, I'd tend to cut up some peaches or fruit and have them in the fridge a little at at time or if I was feeling ravenous and just wanted a snack and since they're low calorie, they can help with that snack attack as well, gives you the feeling of snacking without having too much impact on your day.
    Congrats on the win! That's always exciting!!!

@CindyJNC1963 Great day, you do an amazing job every day getting steps in!!

@13point1runnermomma I applaud you and your half marathon training! Something that is likely not in my future. I have some anatomy issues that make running difficult ( a lesson I learned hard that resulted in 12 weeks of physical therapy and 4 weeks of not being able to weightlift ) and so I had to make a choice, for the time being, it's walking for me and not running, maybe some day when I'm not a competitive weightlifter I can try running again.

@lsjhudson Glad to see that you're back to it and feeling good about it, it is really hard for me to get back to the grind mentally when I get out of the habit.

@dustyspal Great day and enjoy your tomatoes! I used to love fresh tomatoes!

@Kin59vara Great day! I like the mentality of adjusting your intake based on your weigh ins, it can be an indicator, and also make sure that you're drinking enough water, that also will have an impact on your weight loss. But it's great to be aware of what you're eating and how that impacts your goals, but be mindful that sometimes there are other factors and it's important to note that as well.

@digger61 Great day!!
  • AB0215
    Options
    @Kin59vara You didn't really gain this week and some weeks are just like that and it's important to realize that sometimes things happen that way no matter how hard you're working at losing weight.

@dracocapricorn Hang in there, some weeks are like that! And we weigh every single week here, helps with accountability!

@Gadgetgirl259 A loss is still a loss, great job!
  • AB0215
    Options
    Missing weights this week:
    @galeroke
    @OkieGina
    @tdrjustus3
  • mylosinggametowin
    mylosinggametowin Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Daily Post (August 5th)

Track: Yesβœ…
    Calories: Yesβœ…
    Exercise: Yesβœ… Week 2 day 1 officially kicked off with a 2.58 mile run around the local University. It was so darn humid!!
    Goals/Day/Comments: Excited to be on track for half marathon training and continuing improving my times!!

3ya5339vyp0m.jpeg
  • CindyJNC1963
    CindyJNC1963 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: August 5th

Calories under goal: No, about 30 calories over
    Exercise: 11,500 steps

I was really, really hungry most of the day yesterday but I managed not to give in for the most part. I did go a tiny bit over my calorie limit. I'm still pretty depressed and sad, but the walking is helping me to keep fighting through it. I did better with drinking water yesterday too.
  • AB0215
    Options
    Daily Post: August 5th

Calories under goal: No, about 30 calories over
    Exercise: 11,500 steps

I was really, really hungry most of the day yesterday but I managed not to give in for the most part. I did go a tiny bit over my calorie limit. I'm still pretty depressed and sad, but the walking is helping me to keep fighting through it. I did better with drinking water yesterday too.

@CindyJNC1963 I think that is to be expected honestly, it's not going to get better overnight, it will take time. One thing to recognize is that you're dealing with it in a healthy way, not eating your feelings or giving up on your goals. It's very important that you realize that you have reached a point in your journey that you're able to do that, something I can honestly say I don't do well still. So, while it's a tough place to be in and you will be sad for a while, you do need to give yourself some credit.
  • gjaholy33
    gjaholy33 Posts: 2,626 Member
    Options
    πŸ’ͺWeekly weigh-inπŸ’ͺ

*Weigh in on Mondays*

Username: lsjhudson
    Week: August, week 2
    PW =217.3
    CW=220.9

πŸ’₯Loss this week: + 3.6 lb
    πŸ’₯Total loss: -12.1 lb

Well this is not a surprise at all...I've had a difficult week both emotionally and strategically and I gave up 2 days into the week tracking and..to be honest...caring. But I've done it, it's over, and I have a fresh face on this morning.

That's right stay positive especially when you're having a tough time it emotionally
  • gjaholy33
    Options
    Daily post Sunday
    Tracking yes
    Nutrition calorie range yes (no to fruit and veggie goal, only 6 g of fiber)
    Exercise yes. 30 minutes walking
    Yesterday I watched tennis in DC, it’s nice to see the pros do it. I won a t shirt by serving faster than my age group in the radar booth. Being in the over 60 group has its advantages.

Congrats on your TshirtπŸ‘πŸΎπŸ‘πŸΎ
  • gjaholy33
    Options
    o0kody0o wrote: Β»
    🌟Weekly weigh-in: Monday

πŸ‘§Username: o0kody0o
    πŸ—“Week: August, week 2
    πŸ‘£PW: 141.3
    πŸ‘£CW: 139.5

⭐️Loss this week: 1.8 lbs
    ⭐️Total loss: 44.5 lbs

Well that came as a surprise this morning! Over the past week I hadn’t been making the best food choices so I’m really happy to see a decent loss

The body knows allπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
  • gjaholy33
    Options
    Weekly weigh in. Monday
    Username Tennisquilter
    PW. 252
    CW 251
    Total change -28

Yay!πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸ˜πŸ˜
  • gjaholy33