Onward and downward 🙂
  • johicks
    johicks Posts: 1,991 Member
    Rozbee1 wrote: »
    PW 178.4
    CW 178.0
    working hard but not achieving 😏

Onward and downward 🙂

@Rozbee1~ HUGS How can we help? Consider doing the daily mini-challenge to check in with us each day/night for encouragement and support. You don't have to post a lot. It just helps to be accountable and to make sure you get that extra rah-rah! And it wasn't much of a gain, so shake it off. Literally, get up and shake it off. :) You know like Taylor Swift... "Shake it off! Shake it off!" And then you will be dancing! That will make you feel better and get the blood flowing and those endorphins, too. HUGS

You can do it!
  • Terry111330
    Terry111330 Posts: 515 Member
    PW 155.8
    CW 155.8

Long weekend here in Canada and so hard to keep on track. At least I didn't gain.

To turn this around I plan to monitor my calories more closely, exercise every day and CHECK-IN DAILY.

Good Luck to everyone this week as we strive together to achieve our weight goals!
  • jwall309
    jwall309 Posts: 332 Member
    Wow this weekend really got away from me. Full social schedule, so really difficult to keep eating on track, also apparently its TOM so I could just eat and eat and eat. Committed to getting the train back on the tracks today and the rest of the week. Another big weekend ahead, so I need to have a better strategy. One thing I now know is NOT working is undereating Friday to make up for having alcohol drinks. I way undereat on Friday's before going to happy hour to try to compensate for the extra calories from drinks, but what ends up happening is once I have drinks, I get so hungry that I just eat whatever is available and thats usually unhealthy bar food. This weekend, I plan to eat full healthy meals before going to happy hour, that way I'm not starving and just end up overeating anyway.
  • Slytherclawz
    Slytherclawz Posts: 80 Member
    Username: slytherclawz
    Week: Monday, August Week 2 (8/5)
    PW: 269.0
    CW: 268.0
    One thing I did well: worked out 3 days
    One thing to improve: spent the weekend eating poorly and not tracking... Again.
  • Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    Daily report Monday
    Run: no, still feeling a bit off, but much better thank goodness!
    Track: yes, under :)
    Mind: good, I'm finally beginning to see the weight coming off my hips! It came off literally everywhere else first including my toes! Annoying, as I ended up 2/3 sizes apart top/bottom half which made some dresses look weird on me. I was getting frustrated!
  • Toyota100
    Toyota100 Posts: 182 Member
    Daily post Sunday August 4
    Tracked: Yes
    Calories: Did good today, I didn't binge eat. I also met my water goal for today.
    Exercise: Yes, did a Leslie Sansone video at my desk and walked a lot around hospital. Got my step goal of 10 K.
  • johicks
    Daily Post (Monday 08/05)
    Track: Yes
    Calories: Yes. under (1200)
    Exercise 20+mins: Yes - 45min
    12+ Water: 💧x 17
    Healthy Habits:
    • Morning Affirmations: 💯
    • Plan / pre-log food: 💯
    • Evening Affirmations: 💯
    • NO post-dinner snack: None. 🤩
    • 🛑 KITCHEN CLOSED 🚫: Yes. 🤩
    D9 of DO-IT attitude. Done 🤩

I struggled several times today. And had major anger issues, but I managed somehow. I remember telling myself that eating isn't going to make me feel better. That if I indulge in just ONE little thing it will lead to more. So don't even tempt or trick yourself into saying you can have one little thing. So my tea and gum and a hug from hubby helped.

Good night!
    bw45022woire.jpg
  • johicks
    @Terry111330 ~ Stay the same. “Weigh” better than a gain. Good plan to check-in. I look forward to hearing from you, daily. It sure does help me to report daily. You can do it! Fight for your health goals.

@jwall309 ~ You social butterfly you. Do your best with TOM and the hormones. And you got it for this next weekend! Do you like Bloody Mary’s? That’s a veggie, right? ;) Starving to then overeat, you’re right… that doesn’t work. You can do it. You’re so level-level headed about this journey. You got it!

@slytherclawz~ Woohoooo! Bye bye #! Good job even if you didn’t track 100%. If you’re trying to track for the weekend, why not start out with one day? Let’s say.. Saturday. You be diligent about Saturday and then so-so about Sunday. Then you have half the battle won and a new habit started. !? Just a suggestion. Sometimes it helps me to bite of the big goal into small chewable chunks. You can do it! Set your mind to it. :)

@Perla4686~ So glad you’re almost back to normal. And good news on the inches falling off in the right places, finally! I know right… like who cares if my face is smaller... Lose the gut! LOL Keep up working hard. You’re doing it!

@Toyota100~ Wooohoooo! What a wonderful Sunday, report. So glad you shared. That’s exciting and good to hear. Keep working hard!! :)
  • skullsandskeletons
    skullsandskeletons Posts: 675 Member
    Daily post Monday August 5:
    Tracked: yes
    Calories: under
    Exercise: no

Spouse wanted to make Springfield style cashew chicken for me tonight. He had it a long time ago and he loved it. If you look up the recipes for it, you will know how calorically dense it is. But I planned ahead and stayed under!
    @johicks good for you! You didn’t turn to food when you were feeling “all the feels.” Congrats !
  • johicks
    @skullsandskeletons ~ Thanks. It wasn't easy and I felt like I was being a beast all day. Somehow I managed. And I just kept I kept breathing. And so nice for hubby to cook for you and to let you know ahead of time so you could plan. Yeah!!! Good for you! Good job!

• JamieD328
    JamieD328 Posts: 976 Member
    Daily Post Monday

Calories:Under
    Exercise: I did a darebee workout for another challenge I had joined a couple of weeks ago.

Good things: I was careful about my choices today, and made sure to get in exercise, and I made a grocery order full of salads.
    Needs work: I am feeling sluggish, in spite of having too much caffeine, so I am afraid maybe I have had too much aspartame recently, even though I didn't think I had over done my sodas lately. If I continue to stay unfocused and sluggish, despite making an effort, I may have to find a new psychiatrist to discuss my currently untreated ADD. I was frustrated with last doc suggesting a extra dosage of medication, and suggesting to follow it with sleeping pills to be able to sleep. Kinda glad he was under investigation after I stopped going...
  • ajaia2001
    ajaia2001 Posts: 216 Member
    Daily Post (Monday)

Calories: Under
    Exercise: 1 hr bootcamp
    Goal/Day: Kinda stressful Monday. I had to play middle man today between 2 coworkers 🙄 which was really uncomfortable for me. I'm
    not into dramas or confrontations, I like staying in my own little Zen world. So bootcamp was definitely much needed today 💆‍♀️🧘‍♀️
  • bootssowhite
    bootssowhite Posts: 93 Member
    Daily Post (Monday)
    Calories: Under
    Exercise: No. This is my first summer in Houston, and I was unprepared for just how inconvenient the heat is. Even if I wanted to go out for a walk, I need to put on sunscreen, change into something I don't mind getting gross and sweaty and then take a shower afterwards.
    Healthier habits: I finished the meal prep for the week. My weekend is Sunday-Monday, and the week always goes better if I get the meal prep done on the weekend.

Cait
  • rawrxamberx
    rawrxamberx Posts: 646 Member
    (Daily Post - Monday)
    Track: yes but I was over by like 350. The only reason is cuz I really needed a coffee after my long work shift and I was okay with it. I’d rather have one coffee than it be a junk food that I binge on.
    Exercise: yes. I worked another 10 hour shift which is 9.5 hours on my feet! For those of you wondering, I work at a fast food place so I’m constantly running around.
    Day: it was good! When I got up this morning I was exhausted because of working so much. But I was able to be positive through out the entire day! Which is good for me cuz I’m usually the one that gets negative especially when I’m really exhausted. All day i kept thinking “you can do this! You got this” it kept me going! Sometimes you have to be your own coach :)
  • klilev
    klilev Posts: 87 Member
    Track: yes
    Calories: over (200 cal or so)
    Exercise: yes, 15 min treadmill warmup then lifted upper body
    Day: Long work day, about to work some more, but took time out to eat dinner with my kids and start a movie with them, which was so nice.
  • johicks
    edited August 2019
    🌞 Good morning!! 🙋🏽

@JamieD328~ Magnificent Monday! Run.Track.Mind. You did it all, plus ordered salads!! Yikes, w/ 'ol doc. Keep being mindful of your health. 👍🏽Good job!!
    @ajaia2001~ Way to go on doing the right thing after your work situation by using Bootcamp to work out stress and frustration!! 👍🏽 Maybe you need to find a Yoga class, too. Hope the situation clears up and your Tuesday is terrific. :) You’re an inspiration!
    @bootssowhite~ Good job on tracking and being under calorie intake! Was there a pool to go swimming for exercise? Perhaps, a mall that has air conditioning to walk and walk? Ides for next time. Oh, I hear ya about meal planning & prep!! I am all set through most of Friday. Hubby isn’t very happy as he isn’t going to be able to cook all week for me, but he did cook two meals this weekend for me. So I have plenty of leftovers. And I am making a batch of mac and cheese last the entire week!! (⅓ c per dinner). And for me that is HUGE! It’s usually a trigger food. But I was in control and measured and plated it, rather than put it in a Tupperware bowl to be gobbled every opportunity I got in the fridge. So… here’s to a good week for us! 👊🏽
    @rawrxamberx~ Phew! That’s so many hours on your feet, at least for me. A good mindful choice on the coffee rather than binging on junk food. 👍🏽 I take it the coffee has cream in sugar in it? I prefer mine black but have been putting protein powder in mine as a creamer. Vanilla is good, and sometimes the chocolate is a fun treat, too. I found making the protein with room temperature water works best, other wise it gets weird and clumpy. It has taken me a little time to get it just right. Anyhooo… that was a side note. I’m so glad that you had a good day! And that it started from the moment you got up. You are so right! Hearing those words… “You got this! You can do it!” makes a world of difference. That’s why being part of a group helps, those words are enforced so that you can continue to press play, and repeat all day long. Because YOU GOT this! And yes, YOU CAN DO THIS! 👊🏽
    @klilev~Marevelous Monday! So glad you took time for yourself and then with the kids. 👏🏽 Nice. Good tracking and great exercise! Woohoooo! Keep working it! You got this!

• johicks
    6epzj3uake4z.png

So this picture post is so my attitude! I’m DONE starting over! This is it! This is my weight loss journey. I know I’m not going to be perfect every day, but I’m going to give it my best effort every day. And I know I’ll go on vacation or have bad days and end up gaining some weight back. But that’s not going to completely derail or throw me off the tracks. I’m going to keep this "little engine" that can move forward to my optimum health. There will be good days and bad days. The difference this time is my attitude is this is for life! I will bounce back faster if I fall off, and when I do it won’t last as long. Like this time, I’m way more mindful of what it’s going to take to stay on track! As this is my weight loss journey. My last weight loss journey. I’m never giving up and I don’t need to start over. This is my weight loss journey to goal weight and maintenance.

• Terry111330
    Terry111330 Posts: 515 Member
    Tuesday check-in
    Lots of exercise yesterday - 40 minute strength bearing exercise in morning, then 45 minute kayak ride with my son. After supper another 1.5 hours in kayak with husband. Unfortunately intake was also higher. For some reason when I exercise I get really hungry so had an evening snack. Need to find a good balance.

Today I will preplan food and CLOSE THE KITCHEN at 7:00 PM!
This discussion has been closed.