Replies

• HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,999 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    heaz10 wrote: »
    PW: 215.6
    CW: 215.2

Better than nothing...and at least my weigh in was on time. Spent yesterday shopping and prepping foods to have a good week. Lots of fruits and veggies coming my way.

@heaz10, absolutely, down point four is better than nothing! Great job on the food prep!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Caronell wrote: »
    As predicted, the saturday wedding meant I went way over on calories and no exercise but I did track as best I could. Sunday I managed to track, exercise and remain under, despite going to a family celebration. Now is a new week with no oncalls and no parties so I hope to be good. With that said, I made poor choices with many of my calories today but I ran 5k and later walked 5k to rectify the situation. I managed to track too.

Weight last week: 157
    Weight this week: 156
    Loss: 1ib

I want to be out of the 150s by end of August so I need to work really hard over the next few weeks. I hope to get lots of runs in and I'm beginning to really push myself on my speed to increase the calorie burn. I'm actually amazed at myself as I started out run-walking less than three months ago and can now do 5k quite comfortably, hence making myself run faster. The upshot is that not only have I lost some weight, I actually feel fitter than I have in a very long time. Even the slim pre-cancer version of me wasn't particularly fit and certainly couldn't run. It's amazing what can be achieved with perserverance. And even though my weight loss has slowed, I remind myself that my body is significantly healthier cxx

@Caronell, so many positives!! Congratulations on posting a loss, just 36 hours after a wedding celebration!! And well done on your running NSV's...running 5K comfortably now and being fitter than ever!!
  • Mandy_tries_again
    Mandy_tries_again Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Weigh in Wednesday
    Last week- 238.4
    This week- 233.6

I downloaded a step counter app. I don't expect it to be as accurate as my watch but it'll work for now 😉
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    @HASWLRS I’m going to have to pull out from the competition this month and future months indefinitely. Though I found this tool to be incredibly useful and great when I had the proper motivation, I’m just haven’t had it the last few months.

Thank you to everyone that has been in this group for almost a year now... to those recently joined or new this month— good luck on your journey! :) You are in an awesome group!

@mickey10111, wishing you the best of luck, Mikayla, on your weight loss and fitness journey. Pop by anytime to let us know how you are doing, and when you feel properly motivated again in the future, you are always welcome to rejoin us.
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Weigh in day.

160.4lbs
    So close to 150s now!
    Quite a few social events this week so just going to try and make sensible choices and log when I’m at home.

@lozenger1984, a sound strategy for navigating social events!! Well done on losing another pound and putting you oh, so close to the 50's!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    HASWLRS wrote: »

PW 174.75
    CW 171.75

3lbs down, I feel like this is my pattern now, up one week and down the next! hahah

@Tracie_Lord, as long as the "ups" are smaller than the "downs", then you will still be in a downward trend! Very nice loss this week, and I hope you are able to break your pattern!!

Thanks!

I am actually not sure I will, I think my body is happy where it is

My bmi is 23-24 dependant when I weigh

I won't stop but I fear I may never get to the 165 I wanted :tired_face:

@Tracie_Lord, well then, congratulations on being in a healthy BMI, and only having under ten vanity pounds to lose!! Those can be the hardest (ask @abowersgirl!!)
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Monday Mini Challenge
    Tracked: Yes
    Under: No, I ate conciously but was really hungry
    Exercise: 30 minute walk
    Steps: 11,901

@susanpiper57, you must be burning more than you think from your running...if you feel really hungry, than you are really hungry!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    I have jeans ranging in sizes from 12-24 bc the last few years I've ranged from those sizes. The bigger jeans stay in a drawer and the smaller ones are put away in the closet. I never wear jeans bc they are soooo very uncomfortable. Yesterday I trieda pair on and they for prefect. Size 18. So I tried all the ones in the drawer on. The biggest were to big. The 18-20 fit loose. For me loose is perfect. I even fit the 16 well enough to wear a day if I wanted to. I'm a 90's kid and like my jeans bigger so I'll wait tho lol. Sorry for the long book, I'm just excited. Feel like I got new wardrobe it's been so long since I wore this stuff. Next goal is make those to big and wear the stuff put away in the closet.

@mirendybryant, if you can't gush about fitting into smaller jeans HERE, then where can you?? We are super excited for you, because all of us know that great feeling from one time or another!! Your hard work is paying off!!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    2x no

Sunday no
    Monday no

Another restart... I think I should. I don't know what has happened to my will power over food. Stress from work, lack of sleep and other factors will always be an issue but I need to recommit myself to healthier eating habits. True I am more active then I have ever been but my diet needs to get back on track. I'm promising myself that today and tomorrow and for the rest of the month. I am not looking for a monday, beginning of a new month or the day after weigh ins... I am looking at now because tomorrow is always the excuse but today is the action

@abowersgirl, you are so right...too many wait until tomorrow, but it is never tomorrow. It is only ever TODAY!! RIGHT NOW!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    8/6
    Tracked- yes under- yes
    Exercise- yes but I didn't want to
    Steps 20,034 before my watch battery died on me 🤦 water- 132oz

I can't get a replacement battery until after Thursday and I'm going to be lost without it but at least it's just a few days

@mirendybryant, love how you forced yourself to exercise!!! Bet you felt great after that you did!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Weigh in Wednesday
    Last week- 238.4
    This week- 233.6

I downloaded a step counter app. I don't expect it to be as accurate as my watch but it'll work for now 😉

@mirendybryant, almost five pounds down....whoo hoo!! You are doing so well, Mandy, and it is very inspiring!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Missing my Tuesday weigh-in crew:

@cmhubbard92, @drea2011, @eatingfoodles and @justakygirl
  • susanpiper57
    susanpiper57 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I have jeans ranging in sizes from 12-24 bc the last few years I've ranged from those sizes. The bigger jeans stay in a drawer and the smaller ones are put away in the closet. I never wear jeans bc they are soooo very uncomfortable. Yesterday I trieda pair on and they for prefect. Size 18. So I tried all the ones in the drawer on. The biggest were to big. The 18-20 fit loose. For me loose is perfect. I even fit the 16 well enough to wear a day if I wanted to. I'm a 90's kid and like my jeans bigger so I'll wait tho lol. Sorry for the long book, I'm just excited. Feel like I got new wardrobe it's been so long since I wore this stuff. Next goal is make those to big and wear the stuff put away in the closet.

Awesome NSV!
  • susanpiper57
    Options
    Tuesday Mini Challenge
    Tracked: Yes
    Under: No
    Exercise: 30 minute walk
    Steps: 12149

Still struggling with food intake. I'm working on weaning from breastfeeding, and my hormones are all over the place. Some is mindless snacking, some is being extra hungry. I'm making the effort to at least track everything, and I need to cut down on calories.
  • susanpiper57
    Options
    8/6
    Tracked- yes under- yes
    Exercise- yes but I didn't want to
    Steps 20,034 before my watch battery died on me 🤦 water- 132oz

I can't get a replacement battery until after Thursday and I'm going to be lost without it but at least it's just a few days

@mirendybryant if you have a fitbit, you can go to add a device in your app and add mobile tracking. You have to carry your phone with you, but it's sometimes better than nothing if you're into tracking your steps!
  • Mandy_tries_again
    Mandy_tries_again Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    @susanpiper57 thanks for looking out but i have a vivofit3. I'll get my battery tomorrow and just do what I normally do today and hope i come close lol. The phone wasn't very good neither but it's just 1 day.
  • lozenger1984
    lozenger1984 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Sometimes listing my motivations helps me stay on track. Here’s my current things.
    1. I’m running a 10k in October, just before I turn 35. I’m running it in the place I hit my highest weight and could barely walk up the hills. I want to run the whole thing (don’t mind about time).
    2. I’ve bought a dress for a friends wedding in September which is a teeny bit small. It’s back in my home town (haven’t been there for 7 years) and the vain bit of me is keen to look good.
    3. I want to not only get my black belt but do well getting it.
    4. I want to do a pull up (just one!)

I know the way to do this is to keep an eye on nutrition (meal plan, prep, track) and keep setting achievable goals for the gym and running.
    Next couple of days food -Mexican black bean salad (spicy black beans, sweet corn, lettuce, red peppers), home grown chard and butter bean soup.
    Tonight a 5k run, taekwondo on Friday, park run (5k on Saturday)
  • murdog3t
    murdog3t Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    Aug 5&6
    Tracking: yes
    Calories: yes
    Exercise: yes
    60 yoga & meditation
    Step: 3999 & 3107
    Water: 96oz
  • ethelsmommy
    ethelsmommy Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Sunday, 8/4 yes tracking, yes calories, no exercise
    Monday, 8/5 yes tracking, yes calories, yes exercise
    Tuesday, 8/6 yes tracking, no calories, yes exercise

Going, going, going...
  • cmhubbard92
    cmhubbard92 Posts: 5,018 Member
    Options
    HASWLRS wrote: »
    Missing my Tuesday weigh-in crew:

@cmhubbard92, @drea2011, @eatingfoodles and @justakygirl

@HASWLRS Can you please roll my weight over for this week? I still have a stomach bug or something and haven't weighed in. Sorry I've missed the weigh in this week!
This discussion has been closed.