August 2019 Move Your *kitten* Challenge

Options

Replies

• Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    Just_Ceci wrote: »
    Adding 36.62 miles for Tour deCure ride on Saturday. Should have been 37 ish miles, but after my second flat, I had to catch a ride to the next rest stop for a spare tube.

Boy, thats a ride I would totally do. Going to check to see if there is one in my area. My charity rides are cancer mostly.

There are Tours in most states! I've ridden in Texas, Oklahoma, and Arkansas. I'm hoping to add New Orleans and Kansas to the list soon.
    Find a Tour Near You
  • Just_Ceci
    Options
    Adding 17.45 miles for Tuesday group ride. It is so dang hot here right now!

exercise.png
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,334 Member
    Options
    =============================
    SPREADSHEET UPDATED TO HERE

See (but not edit) the
    spreadsheet here:

http://tinyurl.com/myac201402
  • anaconda469
    anaconda469 Posts: 3,463 Member
    Options
    Adding 36.62 miles for Tour deCure ride on Saturday. Should have been 37 ish miles, but after my second flat, I had to catch a ride to the next rest stop for a spare tube.

Boy, thats a ride I would totally do. Going to check to see if there is one in my area. My charity rides are cancer mostly.

There are Tours in most states! I've ridden in Texas, Oklahoma, and Arkansas. I'm hoping to add New Orleans and Kansas to the list soon.
    Find a Tour Near You

Bummer, the one about 20 miles from me was July 27th! I will put this one on my calendar for next years training :D
  • anaconda469
    Options
    Goal: 375.0 miles

08/01 - 25.0 miles turbo trainer
    08/02 - 25.0 miles turbo trainer
    08/03 - 25.0 miles cycling
    08/04 - 25.0 miles cycling (its a 100 F out today, had to do a rehydration stop at my house to finish)
    08/05 - 01.0 miles rest day walk
    08/06 - 25.0 miles turbo trainer
    08/07 - 25.0 miles turbo trainer

Total: 151.0 miles

exercise.png

• Just_Ceci
    Options
    Adding 2.72 miles for couch to 5k yesterday. It sucked.

exercise.png
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    I've been in Deans neck of the woods for the past 6 days & I must say it is a beautiful area! I really wanted to contact him but MFP wanted me to log in & I forgot the password (its in a binder at home with ALL the rest of those passwords we need!) so there for I could not contact him. I'll get that chance on our next visit over there. Our son from Arkansas moved there so we were there helping him unload & get there BEAUTIFUL home set up. Between ALL the dog walking, the stair climbing (2 flights) & weed eating I was doing OVER 20,000 steps a day. Moving all day cuz they NEEDED done before Wed when they went back to N.D. to the oil field. I did get to go to Kalispell & Whitefish's Farmers Markets & go to the gym twice though!! I covered 700 miles yesterday bringing them from Kalispell MT to Williston N.D. & then back to my farm in Montana. They could've flown but I was going that direction & a plane ticket was $600 each so I stayed an extra day & had company on the ride back.
    Now It's time to WATER & Mow my place now.

exercise.png
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,155 Member
    Options
    Adding 1 mile of laps before yoga.

exercise.png

• anaconda469
    Options

08/08 - 25.0 miles turbo trainer

Total: 176.0 miles

exercise.png

• 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,866 Member
    Options
    4th August walked 6.35 miles
    5thh August walked 6.26 miles
    6th August walked 6.8 miles
    7th August walked 4.23 miles
    8th August walked 6.72 miles

Total miles walked to date 49.16
  • k80flec
    k80flec Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options

exercise.png

4th: 6 miles, 1.55 m Tempo run, 4.45 m purposeful walking - MTD 24.5
    5th: 1 miles - MTD 25.5
    6th: 5.5 miles, 2.54 m club run, 2.96 m purposeful walking - MTD 31
    7th: 11.95 miles, 10.95 m stationary bike, 1 m stationary bike - MTD 42.95
    8th: 4.5 miles - MTD 47.45

@kar328 - it’s a body blow when you’ve worked with someone a long time and you trust them. Hopefully you will build a similar trust quickly.

There has been some fabulous riding going on @Just_Ceci, @anaconda469, @lamlam, @Dean &Dave. I love that you were event support, filling the boots of someone you thought highly of Dave, and the pictures are immense.
  • Just_Ceci
    Options
    Decided to get the run done this morning- adding 2.63 miles for Couch to 5k Week 5 Day 3. Ran 2 miles straight!

exercise.png

• Lovemyalex
    Lovemyalex Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    8/07
    3.5 miles
    8/08
    26.27 miles
    180.19 miles MTD
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,155 Member
    Options
    k80flec wrote: »

@kar328 - it’s a body blow when you’ve worked with someone a long time and you trust them. Hopefully you will build a similar trust quickly.

Thanks. I'm still having a problem with the idea of losing this and can't shake that feeling. It's dumb, but it's real. I'm leaning towards not continuing with anyone new. My trainer texted today since I earned a free session (after every 24). I've always taken an extra PT session, this time I told her to change it to the massage option. She's training for two more weeks so maybe I'll get my act together by then. I think it's such a fragile balance with routine when you're trying to lose large amounts of weight, it doesn't take much to mess with your mind.

Adding 1 mile of laps before HIIT. Had the day off, didn't get more miles like I hoped, but ran some errands and finished one of my three library books. I have two more waiting too. All my holds seem to come in at the same time.

exercise.png

• GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 36,226 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    8/6 8.75 miles
    8/7 8.75 miles
    8/8 5 miles
    8/9 7.75 miles 30.25

As of 8/8 47.25 of 175 miles

exercise.png
  • anaconda469
    Options

08/08 - 25.0 miles turbo trainer
    08/09 - 25.0 miles turbo trainer

Total: 201.0 miles

exercise.png

• darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,334 Member
    Options
    SPREADSHEET UPDATED TO HERE

See (but not edit) the
    spreadsheet here:

http://tinyurl.com/myac201402

@K80 - Thank you! :smile:

Dave
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,234 Member
    Options
    @vhuber - Sorry I missed you being in town. It is a beautiful area up here. All four seasons are gorgeous. I could post a lot more photos but I don‘t want to bore people. It‘s like when we used to use slide projectors and the family friend would invite you over for Ice cream and a slide show of their last vacation. You went for the ice cream and were polite about all the photos that they flashed across the screen. :smile:
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,234 Member
    Options
    Adding 19 miles for 76 out of 300.
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    @vhuber - Sorry I missed you being in town. It is a beautiful area up here. All four seasons are gorgeous. I could post a lot more photos but I don‘t want to bore people. It‘s like when we used to use slide projectors and the family friend would invite you over for Ice cream and a slide show of their last vacation. You went for the ice cream and were polite about all the photos that they flashed across the screen. :smile:
    Next time for sure!!

This discussion has been closed.