Replies

• jupdyke
    jupdyke Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Username: jupdyke
    Week: August week 3 (8/12 Monday)
    PW: 155.2
    CW: 158
    I haven't weighed in in 2 weeks. I figured I would be up since summer has taken a toll on my willpower. Up 2.8 (I checked at the end of last week and I was up 8 lba, so I'll take it....heading in the right direction.) Gonna keep on pushing in the right direction. My nephew's wedding is this weekend. Hoping to lose a pound or 2 beforehand.
  • jupdyke
    Options
    Daily Post (Monday)

Track: Yes
    Calories: Over
    Exercise: walked the dog. Skipped the gym this morning and slept in.
    Goal/Day: Pretty good day. I'm exhausted tonight, so hopefully I catch up tonight.
  • skullsandskeletons
    skullsandskeletons Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Daily post Monday August 12
    Tracked: yes
    Calories: over but not bad
    Exercise: yes

@johicks I managed to get about 3 big cups of water today. Maybe 30 ounces? Thanks for the tips!
  • bootssowhite
    bootssowhite Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Daily Post (Monday)
    Calories: Under
    Exercise: Yes; went for a walk this evening
    Healthier habits: Closed the kitchen down after dinner. I still had the munchies after dinner, but I wasn't actually hungry. I was so tempted to get something else to snack on, but instead I made myself clean the kitchen and brush my teeth.
    Goals or Day: Spent all morning at the DMV but hey, I'm no longer driving illegally for the first time in nine months.

Cait
  • JamieD328
    JamieD328 Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    Daily post Monday
    Calories: 130 over
    Exercise: Nope

Have been on the verge of wanting to get in some exercise, but just enough sinus pressure to keep me from doing so.
  • Rozbee1
    Rozbee1 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Rozbee1

Sorry im late with this.
    Week 3
    CW 180

Put on weight but not as much as i thought i did with a very full busy weekend and i did exercise daily too
  • johicks
    johicks Posts: 1,991 Member
    Options
    Monday: Nothing to report for Monday other than.. Packed protein, veggies, and apricots for snacks. A good habit that is helping me stay away from the candy jar. I have busier days/nights starting since HS football is gearing up and fall sports, too. So I need to stick with the very basics and not overwhelm myself with so many details. Which is what happened yesterday and what happened two years ago. It was about this time of year in 2017, after all my success of losing 80lbs and getting into “one”derland that I started to slowly regain. I thought, “oh, I will be fine. I can take it back off in no time.” But… here I am two years later with the extra weight trying to still lose it. So lesson learned. K.I.S.S. (Keep It Simple Silly!!)

@jwall309~ Today is a new day. I agree! Just a quick jump right back on the track. You got this!! 👍🏽 Ok.. Thursday morning it is. A short week for you. But then a long & fun weekend, I hope.
    @JamieD328~ Thanks for the info. I like learning about new workouts since I don’t have a gym nearby. :) Darn sinuses. Does marching in place in the house stir up your sinuses? I did that the other night when I put away laundry… like 20 minutes of one piece at a time, using arms and high knees. It’s not much, but it got the blood flowing and the heart rate up a tad.
    @ajaia2001~ Oh those carbs, right!? You will get back into bootcamp class and have extra motivation to work it hard. 👊🏽 You can do it!
    @jupdyke~ Summer fun for sure, eh!? But down from the original 8.. Right! It will come off! Your determination and habits will overpower the willpower. 👊🏽 I believe in you. You can do it! Hope your Monday rejuvenated you. :)
    @skullsandskeletons~ Good Monday!! And great on the water!! :smiley: Try to keep that 3 big cups going every day this week. Then next week buy another bottle of water to take to work and keep there. :) And fill it up once per day. Do you have a morning mug to drink from? This may sound super silly, but I have my favorite favorite mug that NO ONE is allowed to drink from. My hubby tried once and I took his coffee and dump it into a different mug so I could use it. LOL I use it every morning. I find that if I start with water I drink it right up. Then I switch to coffee. And because I want the coffee badly, I tend to drink that water faster. But that favorite mug helps. I have a different one for the evening. It makes me feel like I’m drinking something other than water. ;) oh the RunTrackMIND games we play with ourselves. Lol
    @bootssowhite ~ Cait… Wonderful, Monday!! And an evening walk, too! Good job. 👍🏽
    @Rozbee1 ~ I like to make sure I’m recording accurately. I have PW as 178.0. If you have something else, let me know. Keep that exercise going daily. It’s a great habit and you will drop that gain in no time! :) You can do it!

JUST TEN (10) MINUTES....
    You know how I keep saying… even if you don’t feel like it or don’t have the time; give yourself at least a 10 minute workout of something!? Well, I forgot to report that I DID do some resistance after a 10 minute bike; then did walk 10 minutes during the day. So in the morning I was grumbling at myself about not wanting to workout. Then I reminded myself of what I say in here. At least 10 minutes. So I chose the bike because I can use my hands to to keep my hands and mind occupied. I set the timer and then do it. Then I thought.. Ok, my goal is to get in some resistance. But I didn’t want to. So I said, okay.. 10 minutes. I found this cool timer! So I switched from exercise to exercise working different muscles, but not taking a break and worked for 10 minutes. I could exercise and not worry about the time and had some motivating music. Hope you use it or find something you like.
    It's a YouTube Video -youtube.com/watch?v=6WRpOZh6EvY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WRpOZh6EvY

• johicks
    Options
    516sxpn6y6wr.jpg
  • mawash9
    mawash9 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Still here. Just leaving the great state of NH. Drove up Mt. Washington, saw some vehicles with smoking brakes on my way down. Learned long ago to stop and let the brakes cool on the way down.
  • jwall309
    jwall309 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Daily Post (Monday)

Day: Back on track with a low calorie salad for lunch that left a lot of calories for dinner. Originally I planned to cook dinner, but BF had a horrible day at his new job and needed support and to chat for 2 hours after he got home. So, it was 8 pm before we thought about dinner and settled on a frozen pizza we had on hand. I managed to just weigh out one serving and felt satisfied after that and had a lot of calorie room let to have some halo top before bed.

@johicks Yes! A long, fun weekend ahead. I am meeting my two best friends (who I have known since high school and have managed to maintain a strong friendship with despite all living in different states) in Hilton Head, SC for a long weekend on the beach! I am very excited.
  • red1185
    red1185 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    johicks wrote: »
    @red1185! Wooohooooo! A nice loss. Good job on modifying. Yes, I’ve noticed the difference exercise is making for me. And feel not as good when I don’t do it. So working hard… it pays off. :) You got this!
    @Toyota100~ You’re very welcome! I try to read an article every week about weight loss tips, setting goals or how to maintain loss. That’s where all those ideas came from. After one week of striving for them, you will want to adjust to what works for you. You can do it!! I get up everyday and tell myself that. I have to set my focus for the day. :) You can too. On the hard days, say JUST FOR TODAY! I can do this.. JUST FOR TODAY!!

@johicks thank you so much for always being so positive and wonderful with your responses. It is so hard to stay motivated sometimes.

I saw that I won this week, and I absolutely cannot believe it! I’m excited, but really surprised. I’m also really proud of our team - everybody is so supportive, encouraging, and understanding.

I’m also kinda bummed cuz I had a setback yesterday morning. I was walking my dog before work, and twisted my ankle on some uneven pavement. Fortunately I wrapped it and iced it quickly, but it is a bit swollen and painful right now. I’m frustrated because I want to exercise, but I don’t want to aggravate it. I’ll figure something out. I can’t gain any weight back! I gotta keep losing!

I took your advice, and I’m planning to reward myself with something small (not good), at the end of the month if I can get down to 163, and stay there....not fluctuate so heavily back and forth like I tend to do. 2 more weeks to reach that goal. I think I can do it! I KNOW I can do it!!!

Happy losing! Thank you again for all your support!
  • Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    Daily report Tuesday
    Sorry I've been MIA for a bit. Life has been hectic.
    I have not been tracking the last few days as most of my food was not prepared by me. But I've tried making sensible choices and eating mindfully. So I have no clue where I am for calories but I hope not too far off.
    I've managed to go for a run today which felt really good!
    Tomorrow, life returns to normal, whatever normal is with kids off school so I'll try getting back to tracking.
    Happy losing everyone!
  • JamieD328
    Options
    Daily post for Tuesday
    Exercise: A few bursts here and there.

I made plans and stuck with them today.

In other news, I have been scouring job sites and a couple of banks in the nearby areas websites, and stumbled across one hiring for a new location. Same distance commute, but in the opposite direction and with need for the full time hours I have been seeking so my “coparent” and I can make our separation official and me be able to afford more of the household bills without him. It’s only an interview, but with their quick response I am at least hopeful for this one.
  • Terry111330
    Terry111330 Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    Weigh in date - Monday
    PW 155.8
    CW 157.8

Sorry guys. Beginning of week is usually good, but by weekend hard to stay on track. Hopefully will do better next week.
  • skullsandskeletons
    skullsandskeletons Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Daily post Tuesday August 13:
    Calories: over but under maintenance
    Exercise: no

@johicks I like your post about 10 minutes! Great! And the water. I am on staycation right now and enjoying myself a little too loosely. I like to cook and being at home messes with my routine and discipline. But I’m not doing too badly with staying under maintenance.
  • jupdyke
    Options
    Daily post: Tuesday August 13
    Calories: under with the worko, but over my personal goal
    Exercise: yepper...did the 21 day lower fox workout. Feeling it in my bootay tonight.
    Day: worked, took the girls to the dentist, then did a little shopping. We had Hibachi for lunch and cold stone later for a treat. Needless to say, I skipped dinner. Lol Fun day with my girls.
  • Slytherclawz
    Slytherclawz Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    JamieD328 wrote: »
    @johicks It’s a website with different workouts with graphics you can use free of charge, so the challenges I have done use them for assignments, especially since a lot of the names can fit with different themes.

Thanks for reminding me of that site! I just started their daily yoga plan :)
  • JamieD328
    Options
    Sorry guys. Beginning of week is usually good, but by weekend hard to stay on track. Hopefully will do better next week.

I was having the same problem a couple of months ago. Since I knew it was a temporary setback, and Monday and Tuesday were usually enough to see the scale start to go back down, I changed my weigh in to later in the week for the following months challenge.
  • johicks
    Options
    4dltnnbtdms6.jpg
  • johicks
    Options
    Go team go!! You can do it. Had an early morning with mom to Dr. Office; then home for a quick minute with hubby. Now on my out to go to work. Then Weds. Community picnic and meeting w/football coach. I should be able to catch up tonight.

You're doing great! Keep working hard. You can do it!!
This discussion has been closed.