Wednesday8/14
    Username: mrmcgrath
    Weigh in week: Week 2
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Previous Weight: 211.2
    Todays Weight:

Calories: over/under? Under by a few
    Water: over/under? Right at
    Exercise: 20 min treadmill work during lunch hour. I did miss the evening workout due to chatting with friends who stopped by the house.

Goals or Improvements for tomorrow: Goal is get upper body strength done.

• AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,580 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    @mrmcgrath - What a great day! 🥗 🥤 So smart to get in a workout midday! 🏃‍♀️ Have fun doing upper body strength today! 💪🏽💪🏽

@Katmary71 - Congratulations on getting so close to your pre-vacation weight so quickly!

@nlalamin04 - What a great day! And I love your HiiT workout ⏲️ and new recipe 🍲 goals for today! Have fun!

@raleighgirl09 - What a great day! 👍🏽 Yes, for me too, walks sometimes look like a chore until I go do them. 🚶🏽 And reading this 💡, I am going to hop out the door and at least get in a walk around the block before the day gets too busy.

@ka97 - Haven't gotten back into the swing of logging food yet, but at least eating has been on point. That's not just an "at least," that's huge really. Logging -- keep at it, and you'll get back to having it be a habit again.
    Hurray for doing your abbreviated gym workout -- enough to have fun but abbreviated to take care of that injury!
  • nlalamin04
    nlalamin04 Posts: 39 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Katmary71 wrote: »
    " wrote:

Post what you make and have fun! I need to take your lead and try something new!

I certainly will ☺️
  • AustinRuadhain
    Options
    Discussion Idea: Rewards

What are you finding rewarding about doing this work on health, fitness and weight loss? What are the little happy moments that make this work for you day to day? Or do you stay more focused on long-term rewards?

bfzvq9rstsuk.jpg

I thought about this topic because I saw a discussion where someone was talking about having food as their reward. For myself (I know mileage on this varies!), it seems to work better for me to have other things be rewards. So, for example, sometimes I'll go tell my very generous husband that I met my food and exercise goals for a day and get a hurray from him.

How about you? What works for you?
  • nlalamin04
    Options
    Discussion Idea: Rewards

What are you finding rewarding about doing this work on health, fitness and weight loss? What are the little happy moments that make this work for you day to day? Or do you stay more focused on long-term rewards?

bfzvq9rstsuk.jpg

I thought about this topic because I saw a discussion where someone was talking about having food as their reward. For myself (I know mileage on this varies!), it seems to work better for me to have other things be rewards. So, for example, sometimes I'll go tell my very generous husband that I met my food and exercise goals for a day and get a hurray from him.

How about you? What works for you?

I focus on long term rewards. What makes me feel good day to day is being able to say I did what I set out to do. But long term I want to feel good in my clothes and right now I don’t.
  • nlalamin04
    edited August 2019
    Options
    s07p2p94gxuq.jpeg

@AustinRuadhain @Katmary71

Smoky Refried Bean Soup
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,814 Member
    Options
    Daily Check-In
    Calories: under
    Water: over
    Exercise: 20 min walk
    Second week at work and getting back into the swing again. Preplanned all my meals and sticking to the plan. I am able to get in exercise every day and hope it shows on the scales this Saturday when I weigh in. Hope everyone had a great day
  • Kres567
    Kres567 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    Wednesday Check In:
    1. Workout in the morning✅. I got up and did a stretch today. My back is sore. I’ve booked a chiro and massage appt for Thursday. Hoping to be able to do some running workouts after my adjustment
    2. Stick to the meal plan.❌
    3. If I am feeling snacky after supper have a cup of tea✅. Thebtea really helped!
    4. Drink 100oz plus of water✅
    5. Check in tonight❌

Thursday Check in:

I did not workout today. My son had a sleepover with a bunch of his friends. They were up until 4:30am so needless to say I didn’t get a good sleep but that’s okay. It’s summer and want him to have fun.

My husband and I bought a used Livestrong Elliptical machine so we could work out together in the mornings. I’m pretty excited about having another option for workouts. @Katmary71 - do you have programs you follow or just the ones pre-programmed in the machine?
  • AustinRuadhain
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Daily Check In
    Thursday
    Calories: slightly under, all healthy choices/on plan
    Water: over
    Exercise: platform stepping (62 min); outdoor walk (46 min)

Friday Goals/Improvements:
    Calories: slightly under, all healthy choices/on plan
    Water: on plan or over
    Exercise: outdoor walk or platform stepping

@Kres567 - What a great mom you are! And I hope you catch up on sleep soon!

@digger61 - Great work! Your discipline is so impressive! I hope the scale cooperates!

@nlalamin04 - Your new soup looks great and healthy! Did you like it?

@nlalamin04 and @Katmary71 - This conversation inspired me to try a new recipe today -- Red Lentil Soup with North African Spices. I tweaked the recipe some (no oil, water instead of broth, doubled the spices, skipped the spiced butter thing at the end) and forgot to add cilantro and lemon when serving (I'll try that tomorrow). It's delicious!
  • UTMom81
    UTMom81 Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    UTMom81
    Friday Check In
    Week 2
    Previous: 156
    Current: 156.6

Lots of emotional eating this week. I actually gained a bunch over the weekend last weekend and lost most of it back, so this isn't as bad as it looks or as it could have been. Hoping things improve from here.
  • mrmcgrath
    mrmcgrath Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Thursday 8/15
    Todays Weight:

Calories: over/under? Under by a few
    Water: over/under? Over
    Exercise: did some walking at lunch and then again in the evening.

Goals or Improvements for tomorrow: my plans are to go to the gym after work and get a good solid workout in before the weekend. Then I plan to unwind with the family.

• mrmcgrath
    mrmcgrath Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Todays Weight: 209.6
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    @AustinRuadhain, I also love getting a hurray from my husband. <3 He is my biggest fan! I think the biggest thing that I find most rewarding is how good I feel. Losing 60 lbs has given me so much more energy. I can’t wait to see what losing another 40 lbs will do for me. I also have a shopping trip planned for November and my goal is to be well into Onderland when that day arrives.

@KMD1214, Wow, you have learned so much about yourself on your vacation! :) How wonderful that you see how cherishing yourself doesn’t mean stuffing yourself with foods that will only lead to guilt and weight gain.

@nlalamin04, yummy looking soup!! I’m looking forward to cooler weather so I can make soups, chilis, and stews! :)

@digger61, as you preplan and stick to your plan and do your exercises you will see results! You might not see it show up as much on the scale as you want but you will get there for sure if you keep at it. :)

@UTMom81, you just be good to yourself and the weight will come back off. <3

@mrmcgrath, great loss!! B)
  • Kres567
    Options
    UTMom81 wrote: »
    UTMom81
    Friday Check In
    Week 2
    Previous: 156
    Current: 156.6

Lots of emotional eating this week. I actually gained a bunch over the weekend last weekend and lost most of it back, so this isn't as bad as it looks or as it could have been. Hoping things improve from here.

They will improve for the both of us!

Take a look back at some of your before pics and think about all that you have accomplished in terms of your cycling and hiking. You are fit girl!!!
  • Kres567
    Options
    mrmcgrath wrote: »
    Todays Weight: 209.6

Nice!
  • Kres567
    Options
    Username: kres567
    Weigh in week: 2
    Previous weight from 3 weeks ago: 207.2
    Current weight: 211

I have some work to do after vacation!!!

Goals for today:
    1. Drink, drink and drink some more.
    2. Brought my lunch today so no going out for lunch
    3. Work out tonight if we don’t have anything going on

• nlalamin04
    Options
    The smoky refried bean soup, is really really good!
  • davors19
    davors19 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Weigh in day: Fri
    Previous Weight: 277
    Todays Weight: 277
  • ka97
    ka97 Posts: 1,984 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Oh crap I forgot it was weigh in day! I’ll do it tomorrow morning.

Went to the ropes course and then workout group yesterday - killer workout day. Today was a planned rest day. I worked in the classroom, and spent a couple of hours covering up half a wall with colored duck tape . (Making a “bullitan board” on the wall above the counter). So much for rest. 😩 I’m exhausted!
This discussion has been closed.