August 2019 Move Your *kitten* Challenge

Options

Replies

• sussexbythesea
    sussexbythesea Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    Not updating the spreadsheet right now, but I wanted to share something with all of you.

I have a fellow board member and Road Captain from my dealer's HOG Chapter that invited me to help out with a local bicycle event called the Tour de Tonka. (For more info, go to www.tourdetonka.com.) He's been involved with it for 8 or 9 years, almost its entire existence. They had 3500 riders last year and expect even more this year.

There are routes covering 8 distances from 16 miles to 100 miles that people can chose from. I have been selected to lead the 100-mile route (on my motorcycle) as a pacer/leader! After I reach the finish line, I can go back partway and ride back to the finish a second time with some of the slower riders. There will be one other guy on a motorcycle patrolling and sweeping the tail end.

I'll try to take some pictures. I'm really looking forward to it! I think it'll be fun.

Dave

What a great thing to do, hoping went well!
  • sussexbythesea
    sussexbythesea Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    My new TTD is 52 miles all sorts of weather so far this month !
  • JTH11706
    JTH11706 Posts: 2,934 Member
    Options
    3 miles this morning puts me at 32/75. I have my long run this weekend that will put me back in the green. Finally booked my flights to Berlin!!
  • Lovemyalex
    Lovemyalex Posts: 3,830 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    8/15
    12.38 miles
    326.55 miles MTD

** just a sad note... One year ago this coming Sunday, I lost my beloved Alex... My heart is still very broken... I miss him so very much.. Not sure how I will make it through that day... 💔🐶
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,154 Member
    Options
    @lovemyalex Thinking of you. The third anniversary of losing my 25 year old cockatiel is rapidly approaching too and it's hard. I took the day off work. It'll be hard but I'm sure you'll be thinking of really good memories during that day.

And adding to my sucky week learning my trainer is stopping, I was denied the position for health coach/group fitness instructor at my gym. I'd applied in May, it's taken forever to get an answer and the email showed up during my lunch hour. Had to spend the afternoon trying not to cry. I really wanted this.

Oh yeah, adding 1 mile.

exercise.png

• vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    kar328 wrote: »
    @lovemyalex Thinking of you. The third anniversary of losing my 25 year old cockatiel is rapidly approaching too and it's hard. I took the day off work. It'll be hard but I'm sure you'll be thinking of really good memories during that day.

And adding to my sucky week learning my trainer is stopping, I was denied the position for health coach/group fitness instructor at my gym. I'd applied in May, it's taken forever to get an answer and the email showed up during my lunch hour. Had to spend the afternoon trying not to cry. I really wanted this.

Oh yeah, adding 1 mile.

exercise.png

Sorry to hear this!! Ask them WHY?? & then work on it! I truly believe in you!!!

• vhuber
    Options
    Lovemyalex wrote: »
    8/15
    12.38 miles
    326.55 miles MTD

** just a sad note... One year ago this coming Sunday, I lost my beloved Alex... My heart is still very broken... I miss him so very much.. Not sure how I will make it through that day... 💔🐶

I feel for you! Personally I know it get's easier. I have lost 10 dogs in the last 20 years! I loved each & every one! I was their good mama & the were my fur babies! We brought each other joy & I still think of them often.
  • vhuber
    Options
    I rode outside today 8.5 miles, stained my deck, mowed, watered & did a full body weightlifting workout. I will be going to bed early tonight! LOL

exercise.png
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 36,188 Member
    Options
    8/10 9.25 miles
    8/11 8.50 miles
    8/12 7.50 miles
    8/13 4.25 miles
    8/14 6.50 miles
    8/15 7.75 miles 43.75

As of 8/15 91 of 175 miles

exercise.png
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,332 Member
    Options
    =============================
    SPREADSHEET UPDATED TO HERE

See (but not edit) the
    spreadsheet here:

http://tinyurl.com/myac201402

My heart goes out to both of you in each of your situations, @LOVEMYALEX and @KAR328. (((HUGE HUGS)))

Dave
  • clepant
    clepant Posts: 3,384 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    @lovemy Alex: I, like vhuber have also had many dogs in my life; 15 counting ones that my brother and sister could no longer take care of. All loved and all missed, but some will always be up there on the top. This week was the two month anniversary since losing my Finny. He was certainly was one of my best. I see him every where and I cry when he pops in my head for no particular reason. Only people who have owned animals truly know the hole they leave in our heart. I certainly know how much you loved your pup. I wish their lives could be with us much longer. Thank you for loving your pup and giving him the best life he could possibly have. I know so many that are not so fortunate.
    s6q53seaa3bs.jpeg

@kar: I am so sorry for the situation at your gym. You are strong girl, and you will rise above all this. If your gym does not give you an answer for why they turned you down, perhaps consider being a health coach privately. I wish you were here, I would pay you to work with me and whip me into shape, gym or no gym. If they can’t give you a reason, consider looking at other gyms or even a YMCA. I can name 10 gyms in my area that I could go too. We even have a group called R.A.W. I could definitely see you there. Their name means Realizing the Athlete Within. Just something to think on.

Adding 31 miles for Aug. 13-15: Walking 18, biking 10 and Galloway 3 miles
    TTD: 156.4 miles

exercise.png

• Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    C25K, W6D2 this morning- 3.07 miles total

exercise.png
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,227 Member
    Options
    Adding 19 miles for 76 out of 300.

Adding 84 miles for 160 out of 300.

Adding 15 miles for 175 out of 300.

Adding 18 miles for 193 out of 300.

Adding 54 miles for 247 out of 300.
  • Lovemyalex
    Options
    clepant wrote: »
    @lovemy Alex: I, like vhuber have also had many dogs in my life; 15 counting ones that my brother and sister could no longer take care of. All loved and all missed, but some will always be up there on the top. This week was the two month anniversary since losing my Finny. He was certainly was one of my best. I see him every where and I cry when he pops in my head for no particular reason. Only people who have owned animals truly know the hole they leave in our heart. I certainly know how much you loved your pup. I wish their lives could be with us much longer. Thank you for loving your pup and giving him the best life he could possibly have. I know so many that are not so fortunate.
    s6q53seaa3bs.jpeg

@kar: I am so sorry for the situation at your gym. You are strong girl, and you will rise above all this. If your gym does not give you an answer for why they turned you down, perhaps consider being a health coach privately. I wish you were here, I would pay you to work with me and whip me into shape, gym or no gym. If they can’t give you a reason, consider looking at other gyms or even a YMCA. I can name 10 gyms in my area that I could go too. We even have a group called R.A.W. I could definitely see you there. Their name means Realizing the Athlete Within. Just something to think on.

Adding 31 miles for Aug. 13-15: Walking 18, biking 10 and Galloway 3 miles
    TTD: 156.4 miles

exercise.png
    Thank you for the wonderful poem... I can relate so very much to that.... Alex is the one that can never be replaced.... 💔🐶
  • Lovemyalex
    Options
    8/16
    24.20 miles
    350.75 miles MTD

*** thanks so very much for all the kind thoughtful words... I guess I just needed a shoulder to cry on...💔🐶
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,332 Member
    Options
    SPREADSHEET UPDATED TO HERE

See (but not edit) the
    spreadsheet here:

http://tinyurl.com/myac201402

• sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,227 Member
    Options
    To all those who have lost those special pets, the loss is real. The grieving is painful. However, remember what they would do if they were here and saw you with the broken heart. They would put their head in your lap to let you know it will be OK. They would pick up their ball to try to make you smile. They give their all to make us happy. They take all the good and the bad we have to offer and give us unquestioned love in return. They are everything we wish we could be. So on those days when you are hurting, remember what they would want. Tip your glass of your favorite beverage in their honor and force a smile so they can smile back from where they wait to see us again. :wink:
  • Lovemyalex
    Options
    F
    To all those who have lost those special pets, the loss is real. The grieving is painful. However, remember what they would do if they were here and saw you with the broken heart. They would put their head in your lap to let you know it will be OK. They would pick up their ball to try to make you smile. They give their all to make us happy. They take all the good and the bad we have to offer and give us unquestioned love in return. They are everything we wish we could be. So on those days when you are hurting, remember what they would want. Tip your glass of your favorite beverage in their honor and force a smile so they can smile back from where they wait to see us again. :wink:

Thank you so very much... I know that is what Alex would want... but it is so very hard ... thank you once more... 💔🐶. I hear you my little puppy boy..... this smile is for you...💕😊💕
  • JTH11706
    JTH11706 Posts: 2,934 Member
    Options

Just beautiful. Thanks!

Nothing for me to update, Dave!

I did a 17 mile run today - that put me back in the green.
  • Lovemyalex
    Options
    8/17
    24.85 miles
    375.60 miles MTD
This discussion has been closed.