• digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,814 Member
    Options
    Digger61
    August Week 2
    Saturday
    PW: 223
    CW: 221
    Had a great week pre-planned my meals and lost 2 lbs.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    nlalamin04 wrote: »
    s07p2p94gxuq.jpeg

@AustinRuadhain @Katmary71

Smoky Refried Bean Soup

@ nlalamin04 Goshdarnit - I poked way back into the pages before asking but didn't find this recipe anywhere. Can you post it or point me in the right direction? Looks so delightful! =>

That looks delicious! @AustinRuadhain your lentil soup sounds amazing too, great ideas here! I just need to find some red lentils! I'd skip the butter too, I tend to eat low fat.
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    Saturday Check in
    Calories: probably over
    water: over
    Exercise: Packing

So, the lady who is buying our home came by today to look at it again and put down her earnest money. So, we feel very confident that there shall be no more glitches and this house is getting sold! I packed up 6 large boxes and over a lovely meatloaf and mashed cauliflower dinner shared a bottle of red with the hubby. I drank most of it! ;)
  • broncobuddee
    broncobuddee Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Moderator question:

Do we have a Slimpossibles Group? I was thinking it may be nice to have one to post recipes - so, a Slimpossibles Recipe Swap group, or similar. Private to this team - or even a F2F recipe swap group, private to the overall group. Recipes can get buried quickly in the monthly chat threads and then they're gone after that (I think?). I would be happy to create one or contribute once it's created, or be pointed to it, if it already exists.

This sounds like a great idea. Are you thinking of something outside of F2F/MFP - or another discussion thread dedicated to recipes?
  • raleighgirl09
    raleighgirl09 Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Moderator question:

Do we have a Slimpossibles Group? I was thinking it may be nice to have one to post recipes - so, a Slimpossibles Recipe Swap group, or similar. Private to this team - or even a F2F recipe swap group, private to the overall group. Recipes can get buried quickly in the monthly chat threads and then they're gone after that (I think?). I would be happy to create one or contribute once it's created, or be pointed to it, if it already exists.

This sounds like a great idea. Are you thinking of something outside of F2F/MFP - or another discussion thread dedicated to recipes?

MFP has a "Groups" feature that can be public or private. I don't know much about how MFP works so maybe the F2F is already a group or...? I have never created one but I see them on the Community page. I thought it would be a good place to condense recipes so they don't get lost in the volume of awesome updates... =>
  • ka97
    ka97 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    I think I thought to post my weigh in 😖.
    Is this week 3?
    PW 156.6
    CW 158.6
    Damn vacation!
  • mrmcgrath
    mrmcgrath Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Saturday 8/17
    Username: mrmcgrath
    Weigh in week: Week 2
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Previous Weight: 211.2
    Todays Weight: 209.6

Calories: over/under? Under by a few
    Water: over/under? Over
    Exercise: walking around a home improvement store for 2.5 hours.

Goals or Improvements for tomorrow: My goal for weekend is mindful eating. This is going to be an emotional weekend with my oldest leaving for University and I tend to want to throw healthy eating to the curb when I get emotional.

• Katmary71
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 Yay, so glad things are going smoothly with selling the house! Sounds like you had a great reason to celebrate!

@raleighgirl09 A way to access recipes would be great! I'm usually on my phone and have no clue how to save links on an Android so I come on with my laptop to bookmark links. I need to do this before the lentil link gets buried!

@ka97 Two pounds on vacation isn't bad at all, you'll get it back down in no time!

@mrmcgrath Great loss! Good luck on saying goodbye to your oldest, it's tough to eat healthy when upset.

• Katmary71
    Options
    Saturday check in
    Calories under
    Exercise recumbent bike

I was able to increase resistance on the bike and managed to ride the full time! First time since vacation that I felt strong when working out as it's been more of plugging along. I took a day off the gym yesterday and that probably helped. I'm going to a BBQ tomorrow and my nephew is BBQing for the first time. I don't eat a lot of meat (usually just fish or chicken breast) but am feeling I'll have to at least try it as I don't want to hurt his feelings, he's only 10. Things you do for people you love!
  • nlalamin04
    nlalamin04 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Saturday Daily Check In

Calories: over
    Water: over
    Exercise: nearly 8,000 steps

Goals or Improvementsfor tomorrow: attended my nieces graduation/farewell party. Food choices weren’t optimal. Back on track for Sunday. Incorporate more greens, 20 min HiiT w/o, water, water, water
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,580 Member
    Options
    Saturday Daily Check In
    Calories: under, all healthy choices/on plan; I did indeed pack my dinner salad and take it to the potluck (nobody minded or even mentioned it)
    Water: over
    Exercise: platform stepping (45 min)

Sunday Goals/Improvements:
    Calories: under, all healthy choices/on plan
    Water: on plan or over
    Exercise: outdoor walk or platform stepping; stretch/fun goal - try a workout DVD I checked out from the library yesterday
  • Kres567
    Kres567 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    buniphuphu wrote: »
    Weekly Weigh-In
    Username: buniphuphu
    Weigh in week: Week 2
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    Starting Weight: 327.6
    Previous Weight: 272.4
    Today's Weight: 255.2

This morning's weigh in was a shocker. I had a smaller loss last week, and I expected about the same this week. I was more active this week while still maintaining the same calories, so perhaps that accounts for the huge drop. I stepped on the scale twice to make sure it was correct.

Woohoo!
  • Kres567
    Options
    digger61 wrote: »
    Digger61
    August Week 2
    Saturday
    PW: 223
    CW: 221
    Had a great week pre-planned my meals and lost 2 lbs.

This is so great @digger61! You must feel so awesome. I see more meal planning in your future! Lol
  • Kres567
    Options
    Katmary71 wrote: »
    Saturday check in
    Calories under
    Exercise recumbent bike

I was able to increase resistance on the bike and managed to ride the full time! First time since vacation that I felt strong when working out as it's been more of plugging along. I took a day off the gym yesterday and that probably helped. I'm going to a BBQ tomorrow and my nephew is BBQing for the first time. I don't eat a lot of meat (usually just fish or chicken breast) but am feeling I'll have to at least try it as I don't want to hurt his feelings, he's only 10. Things you do for people you love!

I get it! Portion control will be key for you. He’ll see you are eating it and enjoying it but also staying true to your goals.
  • Kres567
    Options
    ka97 wrote: »
    I think I thought to post my weigh in 😖.
    Is this week 3?
    PW 156.6
    CW 158.6
    Damn vacation!

We’ve got your weight entered. Ditto on the damn vacation statement - 3.8 for me. I tried to keep moving and make good choices but I really had such an awesome time with friends and family that I let the weight gain pass. That time away was so important.

On the plus side last year on vacation I gained way more than this year so I think I was doing something right. Have a great week!
  • Kres567
    Options
    Saturday Check in

Calories: over
    Exercise: walk/run treadmill program
    Water: awesome

Goals for yesterday:

Goals for Saturday:
    1. Workout✅
    2. Drink more water✅
    3. I may be out at lunch so if I am choose healthy!✅

Goals for Sunday:
    1. Workout
    2. Drink 100oz of water
    3. Eat lunch and supper at home
    4. Don’t eat after supper
    5. Meal plan for the week
  • Navydaddjtc
    Navydaddjtc Posts: 4,166 Member
    Options
    WEEK 2 RESULT ARE IN AND THIS IS HOW WE STACK UP AS A GROUP.....
    WAY BETTER THIS WEEK AS A GROUP

5285jb1bm64x.png

wbvv6vkb3gau.png

THE WINNERS ARE...

TEAM % WaistAways 0.63%
    INDIVIDUAL % @reflectionofme 8.58%
    TEAM LBS LOST WaistAways 25.2
    INDIVIDUAL LBS LOST @buniphuphu 17.2

AS A WHOLE WE LOST 81.5 pounds OR 0.33% !!

PLACE TEAM PERCENTAGE
    1st WaistAways 0.63%
    2nd Shrinking Assets 0.46%
    3rd Mission Slimpossibles 0.33%

PLACE TEAM LBS LOST
    1st WaistAways 25.2
    2nd Shrinking Assets 16.9
    3rd Trimstones 14.5

PLACE INDIVIDUAL PERCENTAGE
    1st @reflectionofme 8.58%
    2nd @buniphuphu 6.31%
    3rd @mrshadsall 3.19%

PLACE INDIVIDUAL LBS LOST
    1st @buniphuphu 17.2
    2nd @reflectionofme 12.2
    3rd @mrshadsall 8.0

HONORABLE MENTIONS
    @Patti705
    @Wilsonkellies
    @matthewsfive
    @luciicul
    @twyla77
    @leonadixon
    @schlerin
    @Mulecanter
    @ConfidentRaven
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,580 Member
    Options
    Katmary71 wrote: »
    nlalamin04 wrote: »
    s07p2p94gxuq.jpeg

@AustinRuadhain @Katmary71

Smoky Refried Bean Soup

@ nlalamin04 Goshdarnit - I poked way back into the pages before asking but didn't find this recipe anywhere. Can you post it or point me in the right direction? Looks so delightful! =>

That looks delicious! @AustinRuadhain your lentil soup sounds amazing too, great ideas here! I just need to find some red lentils! I'd skip the butter too, I tend to eat low fat.

Hi there!

I get red lentils either at a health food store (Natural Grocer of Whole Foods) or at a local Asian/Indian imports market.

Here's a recipe for that Smoky Refried Bean Soup. It's wonderfully quick and easy (about 10 minutes of prep, 20 minutes of cooking). Another thought -- if you don't have/want chipotle chili powder, I think Liquid Smoke would also work well in this recipe (and it's inexpensive and easy to find at a standard grocery market, at least in central Texas).
    https://blog.fatfreevegan.com/2008/03/smoky-refried-bean-soup.html
  • apple852hk
    apple852hk Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Weigh in
    Apple852hk
    Week 3 - Aug 2019
    Sunday
    PW 163.3
    CW 164.9
  • Navydaddjtc
    Navydaddjtc Posts: 4,166 Member
    Options
    WEEK 3 MODS CHALLENGE... SHARE WITH THE FAT2 FIT TEAMS
    SHOW AND TELL THE GROUP ABOUT YOUR FAVORITE COMFORT FOOD RECIPE

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10760093/week-3-mods-challenge-share-with-the-fat2-fit-teams/p1?new=1
    lnwaa9h1hve4.png
This discussion has been closed.