Replies

• o0kody0o
    o0kody0o Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    🌟Daily Post: Wednesday, 28 August

Track: Yes
    Calories: Under
    Exercise: Walking

@AB0215 that’s a great quote, thank you! I have around 6lbs left to lose but I’ve been stuck at 140ish for some time now. It’s been tough at times but I’m still powering through it. I want to get there and I will 💪

• AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    o0kody0o wrote: »
    🌟Daily Post: Wednesday, 28 August

Calories: Under
    Exercise: Walking

@AB0215 that’s a great quote, thank you! I have around 6lbs left to lose but I’ve been stuck at 140ish for some time now. It’s been tough at times but I’m still powering through it. I want to get there and I will 💪

@o0kody0o It's funny to see it today of all days. I haven't really cared about my weight these last 2 months since I hit the 100 lb loss and there's a couple of reasons why there, 1 being that's the weight class I wanted to compete in, and 2, I have been eating a little more to give my body a bit of a break to heal a bit from being in a deficit for so long. And during the time I've been healing, I've been super hungry and today I finally figured out why. I'm about to post my body measurements and I'm up 2 lbs of muscle over the last 2 months and down body fat despite being a bit heavier....So there's other ways to measure success and I am definitely celebrating my additional 2 lbs lol. My coach suggested that I'm doing great and have a lot to be proud of and supports my lack of giving a crap about my weight right now, but did mention that there's still about 6% body fat I could lose and be really ideal. So I guess I will start working on that again as losing weight is the easiest and fastest way to lose body fat, so I will be heading back to my deficit for September. Sigh.
  • AB0215
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Success comes in many forms and today was measurements day. I am down an inch over last month but up a pound. My body fat is down a bit so that means I gained muscle! Almost 2 lbs in the last 2 months! The chart doesn't have it on there but I also track my lean mass and in June it was 92.9 lbs and it's now at 94.5! Super happy about that, however do want to get more body fat down a bit, so I will be working on that for September so that means I will be reducing my intake a bit. I am going to attempt to still build muscle, but that's a bit tougher to do at the same time, although not impossible!!
    w51qovfmqdpc.png
  • dustyspal
    dustyspal Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    Daily Post - Wednesday

Track ✔
    Calories ✔
    Exercise walking
    Water 64 oz

I guess we'll soon be moving in to September. I would love to increase my water intake, by my schedule will not allow it. I teach all morning and don't get a break until lunch. That's from 7:15 to 11:56!!! So water will have to be limited until the afternoon.
  • Gadgetgirl259
    Gadgetgirl259 Posts: 323 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Username: Gadgetgirl259

Weekly weigh-in (Monday)
    August Week 5

PW: 164
    CW: 166

Weight is up due to medication. Poison Ivy Ugh. Should drop next week.
  • o0kody0o
    o0kody0o Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    @AB0215 I can relate to the not giving a crap about weight thing as I’ve felt like that over the last month or 2. That’s awesome that you’re up muscle and down body fat, well done on that! Your coach sounds really supportive so that’s great too. I’m sure you’ll get rid of that 6% in no time as you are very dedicated. I’m looking forward to starting the new month ahead and I hope I can shift these 6lbs by the end of September. I saw a quote somewhere that read

It doesn’t matter how slow you go, just as long as you don’t stop!

If we keep on going, we will get to where we want to be. Let’s do it in September 💪

• nebslp
    nebslp Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    nebslp
    August Week 5
    Weigh in day Wednesday
    PW 223.8
    CW 224.8
  • AB0215
    Options
    Daily Post (Wednesday)

Calories: Yes
    Exercise: Yes, 1.5 hours walking,, 1 hour weight training.

Comments: Good day, got a lot of work around the house done, and stayed on point with my eating, which has been a struggle, although, that may have been due to the muscle building I've been doing, have to work a bit harder to stay within my calories for September, starting now.
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,815 Member
    Options
    Tuesday Check In
    Calories: under, all healthy choices/on plan.
    Water: 96 oz
    Exercise: outdoor walk (45 min)
    Steps: over
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,815 Member
    Options
    AB0215 wrote: »
    Daily Post (Wednesday)

Calories: Yes
    Exercise: Yes, 1.5 hours walking,, 1 hour weight training.

Comments: Good day, got a lot of work around the house done, and stayed on point with my eating, which has been a struggle, although, that may have been due to the muscle building I've been doing, have to work a bit harder to stay within my calories for September, starting now.

good day
  • CindyJNC1963
    CindyJNC1963 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: August 28th

Calories under goal: Yes
    Exercise: 10,650 steps

Finally had THE meeting with my supervisor today. I am not getting a promotion. In fact I was given 3 options; 1 - stay at my job with no promotion, 2 - apply for a job on another work team and haggle with that manager for a salary increase or 3 - retire. Those are my 3 choices. I have given my heart to that place for 30 years and I get zero respect. Needless to say, my depression is worse. Plus my buddy at work retires on Friday. But I am hanging in there .....not turning to food.
  • dustyspal
    Options

Finally had THE meeting with my supervisor today. I am not getting a promotion. In fact I was given 3 options; 1 - stay at my job with no promotion, 2 - apply for a job on another work team and haggle with that manager for a salary increase or 3 - retire. Those are my 3 choices. I have given my heart to that place for 30 years and I get zero respect. Needless to say, my depression is worse. Plus my buddy at work retires on Friday. But I am hanging in there .....not turning to food.

Hang in there. We're all behind you and sure you will make the right for for YOU.
  • AB0215
    Options
    Kin59vara wrote: »
    Daily Post (Thursday)

Track: no
    Calories: no (were you under)
    Exercise: Daily Burn, 16370
    Goals/Day/Not a good day :'( I am at back at school and I am devouring the wrong thing. I went to the grocery store and bought some good food so I am bringing healthy snacks.
  • AB0215
    Options

@CindyJNC1963 That's really frustrating to say the least. I quit my last job for that exact reason, I wasn't as "popular" with management even though I was the best worker and knew the most things and management came to me for the answers because I was the only one who'd read our manual.....yet somehow everytime a promotion came up, I was passed over for someone who knew less than me but was more popular. Work shouldn't be a popularity contest and I wasn't willing to sell my soul at the time for an extra dollar, hilariously, now I work from home, make more money and have more free time and less stress, so definitely some things to consider. Maybe you can think of retiring but maybe find a part time job doing what you're doing to earn extra cash? That's probably what I'd look at doing. I think if I was in that situation I wouldn't want to stay at a place that very clearly doesn't value my contributions to the team.
    And kudos for not turning to food, that is truly an accomplishment. That is something that I STILL don't manage well when things aren't going my way.
  • AB0215
    Options
    o0kody0o wrote: »
    @AB0215 I can relate to the not giving a crap about weight thing as I’ve felt like that over the last month or 2. That’s awesome that you’re up muscle and down body fat, well done on that! Your coach sounds really supportive so that’s great too. I’m sure you’ll get rid of that 6% in no time as you are very dedicated. I’m looking forward to starting the new month ahead and I hope I can shift these 6lbs by the end of September. I saw a quote somewhere that read

It doesn’t matter how slow you go, just as long as you don’t stop!

If we keep on going, we will get to where we want to be. Let’s do it in September 💪

@o0kody0o I am really currently trying to work on staying on point with my intake, despite the additional hunger, although I am starting to believe that additional hunger has been my body telling me my muscles were growing, but I should still be able to give them enough protein while not increasing my calories per se, just have to make better choices and we shall see how this month goes, I am definitely making it a priority to feed my body properly without over feeding it. It's just going to be a challenge. But if it doesn't challenge me, it won't change me!
  • eromligyppah
    eromligyppah Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    eromligyppah
    August Week 5
    Weigh in day Thursday
    PW 193.6
    CW 195.6

Steps only at 10700 a day for the last week. Weight up, stress up, sleep down. Just keep pushing forward. On the bright side, my training run this last Sunday was a half marathon I finished my training run a bit under 2 hours and about 40 seconds slower than my race PR. This week starts 14 miles never gone that far so we will see how that goes.
  • gjaholy33
    gjaholy33 Posts: 2,626 Member
    Options
    Daily Post:

Wednesday

Track yes
    Calories yes under
    Exercise no
    Water 186oz

Thursday

Track yes
    Calories yes under
    Exercise no
    Water 140oz
    Goals/comments
    Still staying on track yes I've been eating like crazy but surprisingly not so much that I'm still able to stay under my calories but it's a struggle from day to day but striving to do better regardless of whatever the situation going around me
  • dustyspal
    Options
    Daily Post -Thursday
    Track ✔
    Calories ✔
    Exercise ✔ swim - looks like the weather is turning. Getting these last few days in the pool because it looks like we might be closing it next weekend. Always a sad time.
    Water - 64oz

Back on Track again. Going to try to stay on track.
  • CindyJNC1963
    Options
    AB0215 wrote: »

@CindyJNC1963 That's really frustrating to say the least. I quit my last job for that exact reason, I wasn't as "popular" with management even though I was the best worker and knew the most things and management came to me for the answers because I was the only one who'd read our manual.....yet somehow everytime a promotion came up, I was passed over for someone who knew less than me but was more popular. Work shouldn't be a popularity contest and I wasn't willing to sell my soul at the time for an extra dollar, hilariously, now I work from home, make more money and have more free time and less stress, so definitely some things to consider. Maybe you can think of retiring but maybe find a part time job doing what you're doing to earn extra cash? That's probably what I'd look at doing. I think if I was in that situation I wouldn't want to stay at a place that very clearly doesn't value my contributions to the team.
    And kudos for not turning to food, that is truly an accomplishment. That is something that I STILL don't manage well when things aren't going my way.

Yes, that's the same with me. I'm not one of the popular kids so I get nothing. There is also some serious age discrimination going on. If I do retire I plan to work part time at least. I'm too young to sit at home all day.

• CindyJNC1963
    Options
    Daily Post: August 29th

Exercise: 10,900 steps

Went to 2 different retirement parties today but I was good. I only ate some fruit and cheese.
This discussion has been closed.