TEAM: Gutbusters (September)

Options
AB0215
AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
Welcome to the Challenge new and returning teammates!! This is the conversation/weigh in thread for your Team :) Keep on losing because our first weigh ins begin THIS Sunday! I am here for you should you need anything - simply message me or tag me by putting an '@' just before my username (NO SPACES) and I will get to you asap! ~ Ashley @AB0215.

Replies

• BonnieHosk85
    BonnieHosk85 Posts: 2,552 Member
    Options
    Welcome to Team Gutbusters!

My name is Bonnie and I am the captain here at Gutbusters. I'm married to Doug, live in Nashville TN. We have two grown sons. We're also foster-fails to Ollie, our Miniature Schnauzer, who adopted us in December 2018. ~~ Bonnie

Hello Team! I’m Michelle and I’m currently training to be co-captain for Gutbusters. Bonnie is showing me the ropes and keeping me in line 😉.

I’m new to MFP and new to the biggest loser challenge (August was my first month and I lost about 10 pounds!). I have over 100 pounds to lose and I think I will stay in this challenge for a good long while. I have found the support, encouragement, and accountability very helpful.

I live in lovely White Bear Lake, MN in a tiny home with my 19-year-old cat Boo-Boo. The most important things in my life are my faith and my friends. By God’s grace, I’m a recovered alcoholic (3.5 years) and recovered smoker (3 months!). Food addiction is one of the last hold-outs of that old, self-destructive road I walked for so long. I’m ready for victory over it! ~~ Michelle

To our new members and returning members, we are both so glad you are joining our team. Life is better together!

We have several members who have been on the Gutbusters team for several months and they will be introducing themselves so we can all get to know each other. We love to think of this group as our Fit Family. We hope you feel very welcome here from your very first day.

Your weigh-in day is the day of the week you signed up to be in the challenge. We'll post a reminder each day. Be sure to click on the star above to bookmark this page for September.

Your weekly weigh-in post should look like this:

Username
    September Week #
    PW:
    CW:

Please post as frequently as you'd like. A daily check-in with the team will help keep you focused on your goals and we'd love to get to know you better!

September is going to be a wonderful month to see some great changes in our health! Please take a moment to introduce yourself to our team! Feel free to share as much as you are comfortable.
  • MayaVDM
    MayaVDM Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    BB_1033 wrote: »
    We're gonna rock September guys! ❤

I'm in 100% ;)
  • BonnieHosk85
    Options
    @mrsjar5311, you've actually been assigned to Flab-U-Less. Here's their thread:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10761481/team-flab-u-less-september#latest
    Have a great, successful month with them!!
    Blessings,
    Bonnie
  • Kenyaa3
    Kenyaa3 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    BB_1033 wrote: »
    We're gonna rock September guys! ❤

Yes we are!!!! 💪🏽💪🏽💪🏽
  • BonnieHosk85
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Welcome back to Gutbusters, @LesIckaBod! We're so happy you're back!!
    giphy.gif
  • betsychange
    betsychange Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Hello, Team!
    My name is Betsy and I’ve been with gutbusters for just one month and I love the support and accountability of this group. We just dropped off my youngest at college a few days ago, and with that, we are officially Empty Nesters!! 🥂🍾🎈🎊🙌🏻👊🏻👏🏻🙏. I’m currently vacationing on Cape Cod with my husband of 27 years, eating fish and lobster and playing a lot of ⛳️ 🏌🏻‍♀️. The scale reflected that last Tuesday, but I’m not discouraged. We’ll be home after Labor Day and I’ll be back on track, and devoting more time to MY health and well being. Looking forward to a great September!
  • Keepingtrack1234
    Keepingtrack1234 Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    Love this group! Everyone is so inspiring to me! I live in Chicago; I am a teacher and mom and wife and friend! I am looking to continue to solidify habits (eating, sleeping, exercising, reading) that help me feel my best so I can BE my best. Thank you for reading and being so open; it helps me realize that I can't let PERFECTION get in the way of PROGRESS.
  • allietuge
    allietuge Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    @Keepingtrack1234
    Whereabouts in Chicago area?
  • helpers1
    helpers1 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Hi group! I'm Holly, 53-years old, married and living in Florida. We have 4 kids grown and gone, but the 17 of us (with their families) get together as often as possible! I have 100+ lbs to lose, and although I've been a member of mfp for several years, it's been about that long since I've used the site and been serious about taking control of my health and wellness.
    I'm super - pumped, as this is my first challenge type event entered!
  • 12Sarah2015
    12Sarah2015 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    Hi my name in Sarah. Im from the tropics in Australia. I have two toddlers and they are finally sleeping through at night! My goal for this month is to do more exercise. Hoping to do more swimming as the weather warms up, and if it stays cool, more aerobics.
This discussion has been closed.