Username: kres567
    Weigh in week: 2
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Previous weight: 211.8
    Current weight: 211.8
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,574 Member
    Options
    @Wishusdonna - Thank you so much for checking in! I am so delighted to hear things went well and that you have a bright and healthy future ahead of you!Such wonderful news! 😮😁😊

@kres567 and @Jamidi - A big hurray to just keeping chugging along! 🚂🚂🚂

@Katmary71 - Have a lovely time at the wedding! 💒🎩👰🎉

@KMD1214 - Hurray to being back to your better way of eating, taking care of your body and feeling your best soon! 🎉🎉
    YES. I, too, eat the way I do because it makes such a huge difference in my physical well-being. I had someone ask me recently when I would go back to eating "normally" and I just smiled and said this was now normal for me. (I have been eating differently for a year and a half.)
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    Good morning! It's a dreary, rainy day but that is OK! My plans are to work in the house all day and continue to unpack and make things pretty. :)

@Wishusdonna, so glad to read that your surgery was a success and that you are well on your way to a full recovery. Yayyy for dresses that fit again!! You will get back on a more healthy eating plan. With all you have gone through a little ice cream and chocolate is more than justified. :)

@KMD1214, I am right there with you!! My intermittent fasting and low-carb eating have been severely derailed for the last month and my body isn't liking it one bit! I woke up this morning determined to get back on plan. My coffee is black and I have tracked my eating for the day in my app. Let's do this!! B)

• Kres567
    Kres567 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone.
    I thought I would just pop on and say hi. You'll have noticed I haven't had my Fitbit on since my operation either... It will come back after week 8, I'm only on week 4 now.

My tumour was the biggest the surgeon had seen in 27 years, but alas he didn't weigh it, so I weighed me this week instead ( yes, we finally got scales), and I'm 11 stone 1lb (155lbs) which means I have pretty much lost a stone. Eric was a stone! Proper 14lb loss.

The op was not smooth. Lost blood, had bladder damage and my scar doesn't stop at my belly button, but about 2 inches short of my breastbone. But gotta love the NHS! They took such good care of me and I am now facing a bright and healthy future!

I'm recovering really well. I'm only walking for exercise at the moment. When I am not so scabby I will go swimming. That's days away now.

And the best news: Eric was benign!

Yesterday, I tried on some old dresses that fit again now. I'm not drinking because it affects my digestion which is still dodgy, but I think I'll keep that up as my scaly eczema skin has gone! Eventually hoping to benefit from improved sleep (once the pain stops waking me up).

Oh, my diet has been terrible. Mainly ice cream and chocolate.

But anyway, I'm alive!

It’s so great to hear from you @wishusdonna! I’m so happy to read your good news about Eric and that you are well on the road to recovery! Have a great day!
  • Kres567
    Kres567 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    Goals for Saturday:

1. Work out this morning.
    2. Go grocery shopping and get some vegetables for roasting
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,796 Member
    Options
    Username: Digger61
    Weigh in week: 2
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    Previous weight: 221
    Current weight: 220
  • sunshineplace
    sunshineplace Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    @broncobuddee and @Kres567 I would like to join in all the fun for October if that is ok. I know I have been gone for quite awhile. Time to focus on me again.

Great to have you back - I'll let Moderator/Owner Greg know.

Thank you! Looking forward to it.
  • raleighgirl09
    raleighgirl09 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Kres567 wrote: »
    Hello everyone.
    I thought I would just pop on and say hi. You'll have noticed I haven't had my Fitbit on since my operation either... It will come back after week 8, I'm only on week 4 now.

My tumour was the biggest the surgeon had seen in 27 years, but alas he didn't weigh it, so I weighed me this week instead ( yes, we finally got scales), and I'm 11 stone 1lb (155lbs) which means I have pretty much lost a stone. Eric was a stone! Proper 14lb loss.

The op was not smooth. Lost blood, had bladder damage and my scar doesn't stop at my belly button, but about 2 inches short of my breastbone. But gotta love the NHS! They took such good care of me and I am now facing a bright and healthy future!

I'm recovering really well. I'm only walking for exercise at the moment. When I am not so scabby I will go swimming. That's days away now.

And the best news: Eric was benign!

Yesterday, I tried on some old dresses that fit again now. I'm not drinking because it affects my digestion which is still dodgy, but I think I'll keep that up as my scaly eczema skin has gone! Eventually hoping to benefit from improved sleep (once the pain stops waking me up).

Oh, my diet has been terrible. Mainly ice cream and chocolate.

But anyway, I'm alive!

It’s so great to hear from you @wishusdonna! I’m so happy to read your good news about Eric and that you are well on the road to recovery! Have a great day!

Agreeagree!!!!! Best news ever @wishusdonna!! Been thinking of you - wow, what a (Eric) monkey off your back! A thousand cheers and good wishes for continued recovery and a bright future.... =>
  • raleighgirl09
    raleighgirl09 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    raleighgirl09
    Weigh in week: 2 (13Sep2019) a day late!
    Previous Weight: 206.4
    Current Weight 207.4

remember the good, be the good, encourage others on their journey

Good grief - remember this from week 1...?
    Wow, totally was not expecting to shed nearly 5 pounds in a week, not sure I trust it but I am working on letting the numbers be what they are and not give them a greater power than they have, basically none in reality. Anyway - I'll take the loss and keep this in mind when I swing the other way. =>

So, up with the sodium and calories was the week, down with the exercise and the logging lagged. The sodium gain started going away, finally, and here we are. I've thought about reducing when I weigh to once a week but I have to be honest and say that is a bit of a stress-making thought. I'm already concerned about being somewhat la sai fair in logging of late and I don't think ignoring the scale will make that better. I wonder if trying to be so strict is becoming burdensome - anyway, just thinking about it. Work has been so stressful and busy lately - I listened to a very timely podcast last night about not allowing work to be an excuse to not eat well and not exercise much. The Fitbit shows me in no uncertain terms that I get less sleep during the week as well as less exercise, and unless I plan and pre-log food, the eating and logging aren't what they need to be, either. I want to walk everyday after work, ideally; before work seems ungodly to me as I already get up at 5:30am.

At the coast and have plans to walk and kayak today and tomorrow - getting a bike ride in would be fun, as well. It's just us with no company and no plans to eat out, typically this all adds up to better food choices for me and the hubs.

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend - I'm going to go back and read about the week you just had!! =>
  • broncobuddee
    broncobuddee Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    End of week weigh-in reminders:

@Hollis100
    @nlalamin04
    @ka97
    @buniphuphu
    @hinemoa2088

Thanks!
  • ka97
    ka97 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    Username: Ka97
    Weigh in week: 2(?)
    Previous weight: 155.6
    Current weight: 156.2

So last week was awful and the scale stayed the same. This week I’ve been right in with eating and exercise...and the scale goes up.
    Go figure 😖. I guess it takes a week for scale to catch up.
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,138 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Week 3's Group Challenge is posted in a new thread, so I'm posting it here as well. Hope to see you all participate starting tomorrow!

Not sure everyone knows, but I'm currently undergoing serious house renovations due to a storm which took place on Aug. 4th while I was out of town attending my Sister-in-law's funeral. This storm was followed last weekend by Hurricane Dorian. Thanks to the wonderful company that is doing my repairs and their quick patchwork to protect me until my scheduled repairs began on the 10th, Dorian wasn't too nasty to me! HOWEVER, all this being said, I'm basically living in a third of my home and cannot get to my kitchen without serious work. SO, this leads to the Week 3 Group Challenge...Kitchen Creations and Restaurant Sensations.

I'd like each of you to Name your favorite quick dinner meal, list the recipe if possible, including sides and drinks. Then, if you can't cook for whatever reason, what's your restaurant go-to meal, which is both delicious, nutritious and keeps you on track for your weight loss goals!! If you want extra credit, please include dessert. Pictures are nice, but make sure you include the recipes.

This will help all of us to make a new list of recipes, keep us inspired and MAKE ME FREAKIN JEALOUS, since I can't get to my kitchen! :smile:

Enjoy!!
    Jessica
    Capt, TrimStones
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    Saturday Check in
    Calories: under
    Water: over
    Exercise: an afternoon of reorganizing and unpacking my closet!

Uggghhh I did too much bending today and now I'm sitting here with my back massager on trying to get the pain to calm down. The good news is that I was back on my eating plan and my net carbs were only 14 grams. Maybe my weight will be down a little tomorrow. :)
  • hinemoa2088
    hinemoa2088 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Username: hinemoa2088
    Week 2
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    Previous weight: 163.8
    Current weight: 163.5
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,796 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Saturday Check in
    Calories: under
    Water: over
    Exercise: Weight training, Cleaning and repairing gutters, went for a long walk with my wife and Harley my dog down by the river had a great time.
    Made meals ready for the week and froze them. Tomorrow is a day off and to take it easy Hope everyone has a great weekend
  • Jamidi
    Jamidi Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    @Wishusdonna
    I’m sorry you had to go through all of that but am so happy you’re doing better.
  • Jamidi
    Jamidi Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Saturday check in
    Calories: exactly on 😄
    Exercise - nothing but got ALL of my steps. YAY!!
    Hopefully will be able to hike tomorrow
  • apple852hk
    apple852hk Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Weigh in
    Apple852hk
    Week 2 - Sept 2019
    Sunday
    PW 163.4
    CW 163.8

I'm so happy I haven't put on that much since I ate terribly all this week.

Good weather forecasted everyday this week where I am. So I'll do 2 hours a day at the gardening allotment as exercise.

I made courgette soup for lunch so hopefully I won't snack too much.

Wishing everyone a great week ahead
  • Navydaddjtc
    Navydaddjtc Posts: 4,166 Member
    Options
    WEEK 2 IS IN THE BOOKS
    HERE IS HOW IT ALL SHOOK OUT

oekp7wev4fql.png

0j6bjqhjlewh.png

THE WINNERS ARE...

TEAM % Workout Warriors 0.55%
    INDIVIDUAL % schlerin 2.32%
    TEAM LBS LOST Workout Warriors 25.6
    INDIVIDUAL LBS LOST ConfidentRaven 6.2

AS A WHOLE WE LOST 68.6 POUNDS OR 0.26% !!!

PLACE TEAM PERCENTAGE

1st Workout Warriors 0.55%
    2nd Weight No More 0.35%
    3rd Shrinking Assets 0.30%

PLACE TEAM LBS LOST

1st Workout Warriors 25.6
    2nd Weight No More 14.5
    3rd Shrinking Assets 12.9

PLACE INDIVIDUAL PERCENTAGE
    1st @schlerin 2.32%
    2nd @Katmary71 2.09%
    3rd @Amsandos 2.08%