TEAM: The Big Butt Theory (September)

Options

Replies

• HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,997 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    I appreciate all of your work @HASWLRS and your individual encouragement @cmhubbard92 ! Life is busy. I don't know anyone who is retired on this thread and if so, they should also be resting and enjoying life. Back way back, the biggest loser was just a weekly posts of weight. I appreciate that we have these mini-challenges. But I think we all should contribute based on the time and energy that we have. @HASWLRS : I wish I could take it over, but unfortunately, I don't have that extra time. Thanks for all that you do. For all of you who show up for yourself, post or not post, and just try, I applaud and support you. It's a free-site designed to help us on our journey, let's enjoy this complimentary mfp, biggest loser, and this thread. Have a great wknd!

@ForLangston, I agree wholeheartedly that we should all contribute based on the free time and energy and desire that we have. In no way are these discussions intended to make people feel guilty if they decide to only read the posts and not interact. For some people this is their first experience with the MFP community, and we don't want to scare them away by saying to have to be vocal!! I think where this discussion is coming from, is that some people wanted to be more invested and interact more, but it was feeling like a one way conversation, so those tend to not last long, even if the desire to talk is there!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    heaz10 wrote: »
    Week 3 weigh in:
    PW: 211.4
    CW: 209.2

@heaz19, whoa, Heather, with all my incessant posting this morning, I almost missed this one!! And it's a good one!! Over two pounds lost, and into the single digits!! Another person added to the Onederland watch list!! Well done!!
  • heaz10
    heaz10 Posts: 311 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    I think we are supposed to set our step goal for the challenge. My goal is 10,000 a day so 70,000 for the week.
    With that being said, I am off to a slow start today, but it is only lunch time.

I've added you to the spreadsheet!

Anyone interested in the step or water challenge can view progress on the spreadsheet. If you want to submit your steps, use the form linked below, or post them here in this thread with the day you are entering them for! I am excited to see how we all do!
    Here is the spreadsheet
    Here is the form to enter your steps

***Please remember the spreadsheet is a work in progress. There are some things on the challenge page that do not apply at this time! Let me, @cmhubbard92, know if I made a mistake with your goal, daily steps, etc. I will fix these things as soon as I can! Also, let me know if you have any suggestions!***

Thank you! Spreadsheet looks great and I just finished my first bottle of water. I hate water, but I love challenges. Thanks for all of your work on this.
  • cmhubbard92
    cmhubbard92 Posts: 5,018 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    sandkp wrote: »
    swauters wrote: »
    @sandkp I also find that challenges really motivate me and I love some of your ideas. Are you thinking that we add a new/ different challenge to or weekly mini-challenges? For example... We still post tracked, under/ over, exercise plus then whatever the challenge is?.... a pic of your dinner, a link to a video, etc?

@swauters that was kind of what I was thinking.... nothing too overwhelming or needing tracked more than what we are posting for the other. Just a way to share info (videos etc ) along with getting us focused on something different or new (like the food stuff) I know I am just starting to get my head somewhat above water and am treading but not swimming yet so I didnt want something to detailed or that needed tracked because I couldn't take that on right now. Now if the spreadsheet is up and running with a link to it we can all get to easily, it may be easy to add a space on there for the weekly challenge or to add a link for the videos etc but since I am clueless on Google sheets that would be for those with knowledge to say how hard or easy it would be.

@sandkp Click this link and just fill in username, step goal, day reporting and number of steps. I have everything all set to fill in 😊 if it doesn't work for you that way, I can copy any numbers you post on here!

I can try working on a merging it into a challenge spreadsheet-adding links and whatnot! I will play with it today, and if it comes out alright, I will share with you all later!

Edit: I started playing around with the spreadsheet. Here is what I have so far @energyseeker @swauters @HASWLRS @sandkp and anyone else that I've forgotten to tag. If for some reason it is allowing public editing, please leave everything as it is for now. I will be leaving for work shortly, and am still working on this!

@swauters I could open it and that is exactly what I was thinking of. I won't be doing step challenge - I don't have a tracking device and have to figure out it I want to add it to the gift list (meaning if I will really use it!) If I remember right, once we have the link and the spreadsheet ready to go, it can be opened on a computer or sheets app and then we can find it easily right?

@HASWLRS - if we get the sheet up and running using same link every week and it is working - maybe add that to the first post on the monthly group welcome so it is always easily found on page 1 of the monthly group for anyone that doesn't have the link saved or needs to "find it again"... just a thought.

@sandkp that is usually how it works on my sheets. The only time it doesnt is if I open it in MFP app(I have to open in new window for it to save).
    Anyone interested in the step or water challenge can view progress on the spreadsheet. If you want to submit your steps, use the form linked below, or post them here in this thread with the day you are entering them for! I am excited to see how we all do!
    Here is the spreadsheet

***Please remember the spreadsheet is a work in progress. There are some things on the challenge page that do not apply at this time! Let me, @cmhubbard92, know if I made a mistake with your goal, daily steps, etc. I will fix these things as soon as I can! Also, let me know if you have any suggestions!***

@cmhubbard92 I would definitely like to be added to the water challenge - no step challenge for me at this time. Thanks!

And once I close out of this, I am adding you to the water challenge! As a heads up, if you have a smartphone, you can install a free step tracker. Of course it would only work when you have the phone on you, but could be something to use for yourself if you don't want to put it on the gift list right away!
  • HASWLRS
    Options

@HASWLRS - if we get the sheet up and running using same link every week and it is working - maybe add that to the first post on the monthly group welcome so it is always easily found on page 1 of the monthly group for anyone that doesn't have the link saved or needs to "find it again"... just a thought.

@sandkp, yeah, I was thinking the same thing about page #1
  • cmhubbard92
    Options
    HASWLRS wrote: »

@sandkp, yeah, I was thinking the same thing about page #1

That's a great idea. I will continue using the same sheet/form so the links dont change every week! I will just put the new weeks at the beginning of the sheet so it can be viewed easily!
  • cmhubbard92
    Options
    I think we are supposed to set our step goal for the challenge. My goal is 10,000 a day so 70,000 for the week.
    With that being said, I am off to a slow start today, but it is only lunch time.

I've added you to the spreadsheet!

Here is the spreadsheet

Thank you! Spreadsheet looks great and I just finished my first bottle of water. I hate water, but I love challenges. Thanks for all of your work on this.

Not a problem! I'm a geek when it comes to this stuff. Always trying to learn new stuff in it!
  • Coral333
    Coral333 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Well team, I'm definitely feeling motivated with the challenges. Forced myself out after tea for a walk to boost the steps and I'm ending the day on 12048 (will update the form now @cmhubbard92 ) I've also finished my water and managed almost 2 litres which I think is about 8 cups. Thank you all for the boost!

@HASWLRS it's great with chicken or any type of fish thrown in too. Really is a sort of "anything but the kitchen sink" dish for me :D
    @sandkp I have all that to look forward to! Right now my daughter is happy to eat anything I'm feeding off the spoon but her independent streak is developing already at only 13 months so I can imagine the green trees and other veggies aren't going to be as appealing to her soon! lol

Really inspired by the other onederland chasers as well - I'm cheering us all on!
  • ForLangston
    ForLangston Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Okay, I love this one-derland chasers; #goals!

Tracked, yoga/10k steps, and at :)
  • murdog3t
    murdog3t Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    Sept 14&15
    Tracking: no
    Calories: no
    Exercise: yes
    Step: 4511 & 4558
    Water:88oz
  • cmhubbard92
    Options
    @murdog3t is the 4588 for Monday? Today starts the week, so I will be putting Monday's number in for you :)
  • cmhubbard92
    Options
    Okay, I love this one-derland chasers; #goals!

Tracked, yoga/10k steps, and at :)

@ForLangston I agree! Great motivation @HASWLRS!

@ForLangston I added you to our step challenge because I always see you posting your steps. If you want, I can remove you... if not, I will update your steps when I see them!
  • cmhubbard92
    Options
    9/16/19
    Tracked: yes
    Under: yes
    Exercise: yes
    Steps(currently): 12,530
    Water(currently): 96oz

Took the pups on separate walks. Roy went for the shorter walk because he loves to pull(old habits die hard), and Dillon went for a longer walk in the opposite directions. I have to say I had so much energy after taking Dillon even though he's picking up the pace on our walks(which I am totally for), but I feel totally drained after walking Roy. Made my snack(grapes and cheddar cheese) and boyfriend's lunch, cleaned up the kitchen, and cold-brewed some unsweetened iced tea so I can have at work tomorrow. I am heading to bed in a few minutes, so I will update any new numbers in the morning!
  • erikNJ
    erikNJ Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    @cmhubbard92 I can’t even imagine trying to workout at home with a puppy running around. But I’m sure it provides plenty of other activity.

I had 66 messages to read through so sorry if I do not credit things already said.

I would like to do the water challenge. Someone said something about drinking water as soon as you wake up and that is exactly how I start my days. I try to drink between 20-40 oz before I leave the house for work and I carry another 16-32 with me. Then of course having it with food and exercise always helps.

I have a fitbit but no clue where it is. I’ll look for it this weekend and see about joining the steps challenge next week
  • erikNJ
    erikNJ Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    Mini-challenge
    Sun
    tracked: yes
    under: no
    exercise: yes

Mon
    tracked: yes
    under: yes
    exercise: no

Stayed under calories today but since I stayed up late to watch the Eagles suck and lose I only got about 5 hours of sleep so I didn't have energy to go to the gym after work. On to tomorrow
  • pkg1998
    pkg1998 Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    @cmhubbard92 - I filled out the form, but I wasn’t able to edit the spreadsheet. Any idea why not? I would just prefer to update the sheet directly since I have the app and can find the spreadsheet easier than the form.
  • swauters
    swauters Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    @Ar_cervantes
    @cmhubbard92
    @Coral333
    @heaz10
    @sandkp
    @stubbornloser
    I hope you all have more success with onederland than I do. I seem to play this game where I step into onederland, then fall face-first out of its border. I spend months trekking back, only to repeat this over and over.

@cmhubbard92 I filled out the form for steps and water but to be honest I might end up losing the links and just put my numbers in my posts.
  • swauters
    swauters Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    mini-challenges
    Sept 16
    tracked-yes
    under-yes
    exercise-yes, weights and arc trainer

water 108 oz, steps >16000

goals
    teeth, weights, and computer- all so far so good. It's only day 2 of 7
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    @murdog3t is the 4588 for Monday? Today starts the week, so I will be putting Monday's number in for you :)

@cmhubbard92, those steps were for Saturday and Sunday.
This discussion has been closed.