• HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,997 Member
    Options
    Tracked: yes
    Under: yes
    Exercise: yes
    Steps: 9,691(currently)
    Water: 120oz

I made an amazing dish for dinner tonight, Garlic Tomato Basil Chicken. I only managed to eat half because I started to choke on rice(reason why I can't listen to anything funny while I eat) and it turned into a few minutes of me thinking I was going to pass out or worse, because I couldn't catch my breath/kept choking. It was horrifying, it scared my boyfriend as he tried to help me. But I'm OK now, but my throat hurts and now I have a massive headache, so I skipped the dog walk tonight. I did get plenty of playtime in with them though, so they're asleep now.

I have decided that my goal for a month from now is to just simply be at 196.0lb(I'll take 199), and see Onederland. This is my goal for my birthday(October 18th). I would love to see 196 because it means I will hit the 50lbs mark, and I will drop a BMI class. I think I can get there, I just have to remain focused!

Off to bed in a few minutes after I make my lunch for tomorrow!

@cmhubbard92, you can definitely get to Onederland by your birthday!! 50 pounds is quite a milestone...you should be proud of all your hard work!! Glad you survived your choking incident!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    erikNJ wrote: »
    Mini-challenge
    Sun: yes/no/yes
    Mon: yes/yes/no
    Tue: yes/yes/yes

Wed
    tracked: yes
    under: yes
    exercise: yes

Took another 30 seconds off my mile time. Plus I added in some weights and walking

@erikNJ, impressive, Erik! You are making great strides in the gym!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    This morning I weighed myself, even though my actual weigh-in day is Thursday. I was only 0.2 lbs away from 50 lbs lost since Nov 2018! I'm hoping tomorrow morning I see 210 lbs or less. I will be shouting from the rooftops!

@cmhubbard92 - I am cheering you on! You got this!!!

@stubbornloser, another Big Butt almost at the 50 pound mark!! Your hard work is also paying off!! Make sure you shout loudly...I wanna hear you in Tillsonburg!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    swauters wrote: »
    @mirendybryant @pkg1998 haha. I also googled it. It sounds delicious!

@mirendybryant, @swauters, @pkg1998, yep, I had to google it, too!! It is a rich, moist, fugdey chocolate cake with Brazilian roots, for those that hadn't googled yet!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Sept 18 mini challenge
    yes/yes/yes

WEIGH IN DAY 9/19/19
    Username: annabananamc
    Starting weight: 165.2
    Weigh in week: Week 3
    Weigh in day: Thursday
    Previous Week's weight: 166.2
    Today's Weight: 164.2

Weekly gain/loss: -2.0
    Monthly gain/loss: -1.0

WHOOPDEDOOO! Adding back in the running instead of just yoga/walking seems to have got me back on track. Haven't seen this weight in quite awhile.

@annabananamc, whoop it up for sure!! Two pounds is awesome!! Yay for running calories burned!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    cossmoss15 wrote: »
    Weigh in day Thursday

Last week 126.0
    This week 124.4

Yeah!!!

For Wednesday
    Steps 7,275
    water 72 oz

@cossmoss15, he!! yeah!! Great loss this week!! (I'm sure the wonderful biking weather is helping!!)
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Wednesday, September 18th

logged food: yes
    under calories: yes
    exercise: yes, a twenty minute walk so I could say "yes"
    water: 10 cups
    steps: 8,698
  • brandi_84
    brandi_84 Posts: 1,963 Member
    Options
    I meant to join in on the water Challenge this week but I keep forgetting to remember to keep track of my water intake. However, it has made me fill my glass with water since I have had every intention on posting the amount. We ended up having dinner out with a friend. while my meal choice was not the best, I drink water instead of Mtn Dew. My daughter did the same. We shared one soda after we got home. So that was only a half serving of soda for the whole day.
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    brandi_84 wrote: »
    I meant to join in on the water Challenge this week but I keep forgetting to remember to keep track of my water intake. However, it has made me fill my glass with water since I have had every intention on posting the amount. We ended up having dinner out with a friend. while my meal choice was not the best, I drink water instead of Mtn Dew. My daughter did the same. We shared one soda after we got home. So that was only a half serving of soda for the whole day.

@brandi_84, it's the little changes that add up over time!! Keep filling that water glass!!
  • stubbornloser
    stubbornloser Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    *Drumroll please... :p:D

Username: stubbornloser
    Weigh in week: 3 - Sept 19, 2019
    Previous Week’s Weight: 212.6
    Today’s Weight: 208.6

Wooooohoooo!! I did it!! Over 51 lbs gone since Nov 2018!

In this past year I’ve learned so much about myself and why I want to eat when I’m not hungry. I also decided to stop drinking altogether at the end of July, which I know has impacted my weight loss.

When I started this journey, I was really hoping to be down over 80 pounds by mid-November. And now that my one year mark is on the horizon, I’m not the least bit upset that it may take me a few more months. I know that if I stay the course, I will reach my goal.
  • cmhubbard92
    cmhubbard92 Posts: 5,018 Member
    Options

In this past year I’ve learned so much about myself and why I want to eat when I’m not hungry. I also decided to stop drinking altogether at the end of July, which I know has impacted my weight loss.

When I started this journey, I was really hoping to be down over 80 pounds by mid-November. And now that my one year mark is on the horizon, I’m not the least bit upset that it may take me a few more months. I know that if I stay the course, I will reach my goal.

Congratulations @stubbornloser that is so inspiring! We both started our journey in November! Great job reaching 50pounds lost!!!!! Keep up the awesome work!
  • cmhubbard92
    Options
    HASWLRS wrote: »

I made an amazing dish for dinner tonight, Garlic Tomato Basil Chicken. I only managed to eat half because I started to choke on rice(reason why I can't listen to anything funny while I eat) and it turned into a few minutes of me thinking I was going to pass out or worse, because I couldn't catch my breath/kept choking. It was horrifying, it scared my boyfriend as he tried to help me. But I'm OK now, but my throat hurts and now I have a massive headache, so I skipped the dog walk tonight. I did get plenty of playtime in with them though, so they're asleep now.

I have decided that my goal for a month from now is to just simply be at 196.0lb(I'll take 199), and see Onederland. This is my goal for my birthday(October 18th). I would love to see 196 because it means I will hit the 50lbs mark, and I will drop a BMI class. I think I can get there, I just have to remain focused!

@cmhubbard92, you can definitely get to Onederland by your birthday!! 50 pounds is quite a milestone...you should be proud of all your hard work!! Glad you survived your choking incident!!

@HASWLRS thank you! I am glad I survived it too! Thank you for your support! I am trying my hardest to make it there!
  • Coral333
    Coral333 Posts: 194 Member
    Options

Brilliant loss this week and over 50lbs gone is amazing! So motivating to read this and can't wait to be heading towards onederland with you!!
  • Coral333
    Options

Firstly, how awful Christine - I hope you're ok now! But secondly, that recipe you posted looks delicious. I think I might try it next week in our meal plan. It looks quite similar to a Chicken Bruschetta recipe I have from Skinny Taste but with more garlic which is always a winner for me.
  • Coral333
    Options
    About to go and post my steps on the spreadsheet for the day and finishing on 10636. I'm so pleased I still managed out for a walk and have kept on top of my food choices today. My wee girl had her 1 year vaccinations and it was awful. I know it's worth it in the long run but my goodness when they are screaming the place down from the jag it's horrible watching them in pain, however, I didn't reach for cake, wine or crips in the face of that and so I'm taking that small win!
  • HASWLRS
    Options

@stubbornloser, wow, you smashed it this week!! Four pounds!! And yes, it's hard to be upset that it isn't 80 pounds, because it IS 51+ pounds!! Incredible!!

Are you following any specific diet or are you just counting calories? Have you incorporated exercise of any kind into the equation? I guess because you are a newer Big Butt, we don't know that much about your journey to date, and whenever someone is succeeding, we all want to know their secrets, if there are any!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options

Congratulations @stubbornloser that is so inspiring! We both started our journey in November! Great job reaching 50pounds lost!!!!! Keep up the awesome work!

@cmhubbard92, and @stubbornloser, yeah, you two are like weight loss twins!!
  • cmhubbard92
    Options
    Coral333 wrote: »

Firstly, how awful Christine - I hope you're ok now! But secondly, that recipe you posted looks delicious. I think I might try it next week in our meal plan. It looks quite similar to a Chicken Bruschetta recipe I have from Skinny Taste but with more garlic which is always a winner for me.

@Coral333 thank you Coral, I am completely better! I think I was more freaked out than anything! And definitely give it a try! I didn't have grape tomatoes but replaced it with plum, and it just tasted amazing. I made a salad for dinner today, with tomato, some lettuce mix, garbanzo beans, chicken and sunflower/olive oil blend and some salt and pepper on top. It was really delicious, too! I would love to try a chicken bruschetta sometime, that sounds really good!
  • stubbornloser
    stubbornloser Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    HASWLRS wrote: »

@stubbornloser, wow, you smashed it this week!! Four pounds!! And yes, it's hard to be upset that it isn't 80 pounds, because it IS 51+ pounds!! Incredible!!

Are you following any specific diet or are you just counting calories? Have you incorporated exercise of any kind into the equation? I guess because you are a newer Big Butt, we don't know that much about your journey to date, and whenever someone is succeeding, we all want to know their secrets, if there are any!!

Last November, I started medically monitored weight loss program at a local hospital. For 12 weeks I only consumed prescribed shakes (Optifast) as well as non-carbonated, zero calorie beverages. I attended weekly group sessions to learn about various things like, different types of hunger, emotional eating, self-esteem and kindness to myself, mindfulness, and good ol' fashioned nutrition. The program was facilitated by a doctor, nurses, social worker, occupational therapist, and dietitian. After 12 weeks of meal replacement food was slowly introduced back and the weekly meetings continued. Now I can attend one maintenance class per month which includes meeting with nurse and social worker if wanted, and I see the doctor every couple months.

A couple years ago, I joined MFP and counted calories and lost about 25 lbs. But as I hadn't done any work on myself mentally and emotionally, I slid backwards and gained all the weight back and then some. Looking back, I now realize I was being very hard on myself and my goals were not realistic for long term. I also think I became a bit obsessive with calorie counting, not in a good way for me.

When I joined this challenge, I started to log my food/drink. Quickly, I realized counting isn't good for me mentally, and I stopped. I decided to use the skills I learned around portion size, frequency of meals, food combinations, and mindfulness, and see where it took me. I drink lots and lots of water (always have - I love it!). I also stopped drinking 60 days ago (not for weight loss, but for other medical issue).

About two weeks ago, I returned to the gym 3 times a week for about 60 mins a visit. 30 mins on bike and then 2 sets on each of the 20 minute Quick Fix Circuit (weight machines). I have a recumbent bike at home, and yesterday I decided to use it 30 mins on non-gym days. I don't step count (again, not good for my mind).

So... yeah, I don't count calories (OMG - I cannot believe I'm admitting to this in writing on MFP). And since I have counted in the past, I have a general idea what serving sizes look like. I don't restrict any foods, unless I don't like them or like how I feel after eating them. But I also do not make a meal of pasta, bread, and nachos (darn but I love them), instead follow, "I can have all the foods, just not all the time" and have way smaller portions of the greasy, cheesy, simple carb foods. I've also reduced fast food and restaurant food tremendously. I take smaller portions of everything and stop eating when I'm full (that is really hard for me).

This time round, I wanted to develop new habits around eating, habits that are sustainable for life. So far so good :smiley:

• HASWLRS
    Options
    @stubbornloser, oh my gosh, that is such a detailed account of your journey! Thank you for sharing. It just goes to show that there is more than one way to succeed at weight loss. You may not "count" calories, but you are limiting them based on portion sizes. It is still CI<CO, just not on paper! And the frequency, mindfulness and food combinations that you pay attention to is just another layer that you've added in. After 50 pounds lost, and everything you've learned, you must feel literally like a new person!
This discussion has been closed.