WAISTAWAYS TEAM CHAT - September 2019

Options

Replies

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,071 Member
    Options
    It is WAY too quiet in here.

What are you going to do every day to get one day closer to your goals? Pick a couple of simple things. Do them. Report back on those things every day! They can be about diet, fitness, de-cluttering, meditation - anything that will help you be on a good track with what is most important to you right now.

We started out with goals and reporting back earlier this month, but it has faded out. There are ONLY 10 more days in the September challenge! The last day if September 28th, and then we're into October, even if the calendar takes a couple of days to catch up with us. Let's get a good 10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1 countdown going here! What measurable difference do you want to see in 10 days?

let's go!
  • matthewsfive
    matthewsfive Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Did we lose week 1 and 2 on the spreadsheet???
  • jugar
    Options

I hid them to make it easier to enter week 3-4. They are still there! I'll unhide them. :smile:
  • martinesther88
    martinesther88 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Sorry i posted this so late
    Username:martinesther88
    Pw~150.2
    CW~152.4
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,255 Member
    Options
    I’m here. Last few days have felt busy. I’ve been walking. Not so great with my Pilates the last few days (too tired), but I’m hoping to catch up tomorrow. Have had family for dinner last few nights. So, my goal is to get on my mat tomorrow. I’d like to end this month with a loss. Tired of bouncing up and down. Such slow going for me. I don’t know, maybe losing ever so slowly allows your body not to fight to put the weight back on. I need the setpoint lower for sure.

Hope you enjoyed the 10 days @jugar.

Way to go @AmyRobF !! We need to do this so we look amazing next May!!
  • AmyRobF
    AmyRobF Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    PW 208
    CW 208

No change. Feel like I’m stuck. Going grocery shopping today and will get high protien and low sugar. I know my sugar intake is not good!

@micki48 We are going to feel and look amazing next May! I can’t wait!! 😁😁😁
  • juliemargaretkim
    juliemargaretkim Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    PW: 130.1
    CW: 129.7

I'm back in the 120's...but just barely! This is hard stuff. Worth it though. Worth every .1 pound that I can get off. :smile:

Sorry I've been missing AGAIN -- but I would like to change to Wednesday weigh in @jugar so move me -- then today, I'd only be one day late!!
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,255 Member
    Options
    My Fitbit keeps running low. Apparently I was only 13 steps from 10,000 yesterday but didn’t get them in because all I could get on the Fitbit was !! Oh well
  • jugar
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Happy Thursday!

@AmyRobF and @martinesther88 - your weigh ins are not due until tomorrow (Friday)! For last week, it is too late, but for this week it is a day early, so please confirm tomorrow, ok? Maybe it will be better - make today nice and safe :sweat_smile:

@juliemargaretkim - I'll move you to Wednesday right away - no problem! Every 0.1 pound once you're in the 120s is slow, I can certainly attest to that. It is worth it indeed, but very, very incremental. Or just mental. :p When you have a minute, let us know how you're doing aside from your weight, ok?

@micki48 and @AmyRobF - YES for May! Make solid, measurable plans - max 1 pound per week, even .5 pounds will get you far. By my count, you have 33 weeks to April 30th. From today. That could be between 16 and 33 pounds at even these very modest rates of loss. If you tried something more daring, at least for the beginning, you might give intermittent fasting a go, or aiming for 30g of fibre per day, or cutting out sugar 5 days a week, or other such boosters to just calories in/calories out. I know that IF is not for everyone (I absolutely cannot do this, but when I was heavier it was possible on a modest scale), and everyone's tolerances are different. But you are your own experiment - have some fun with it, even when your stomach is growling!

@Terytha - FIFTY POUNDS! That is amazing, and you are amazing. <3

My own goals took a hit this week, but yesterday was a good exercise day, food ok, but I did break the sober September with 1 beer. Back on track today! I finished the 10 days of Pilates and found I enjoyed having one form of workout that does not leave me all sweaty - but it is really effective and balancing. I will keep including it in the mashup of exercise, for sure. I'm getting through a big to do list - catching up on some stuff that likes to keep sliding away. I'm going to Scotland and England in October, and before that have to go spend a couple of days with my Dad, so the time for putting things off is running short! Nothing like some firm deadlines to inspire action, eh?

Have a great Thursday, everyone --
    9hyrly7oah33.png
  • matthewsfive
    matthewsfive Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    jugar wrote: »

I hid them to make it easier to enter week 3-4. They are still there! I'll unhide them. :smile:

@Jugar no worries, just thought I was going crazy
  • Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    So I've managed to stick to my calorie goal 4 out of 7 days this week. But my food choices were not great. I'll be happy if the scale shows the same as last week tomorrow but I'm hoping no gain!
    I've excersized 3 times this week so I consider that a win.
    I hope I can stick to plan better next week and start losing again.
    Looking at my weight loss graph, it's discouraging how my losses have come to a crawl. It's like a steep downward climb the first 3 months and then small up and down peaks. I really want to get it moving again! Here's hoping...

@Terytha AWESOME!!
  • cory17
    cory17 Posts: 1,364 Member
    Options
    CW 216.4 yo yoing
  • jugar
    Options
    Hope everyone had a better time sticking to their plan today than I did. We ended up having company for dinner at the last minute, so extra cooking was added to the many errands and jobs of the day. So no workout, and not really on plan for eating. No alcohol, at least! One check mark for my day.

But time marches on and tomorrow is FRIDAY!
    Time for the big HEADS UP of the week:

@Connie7355
    @jugar
    @AmyRobF
    @martinesther88
    @Pearl4686
    @visiri
    @berriesandsunshine
    @marieamethyst

See you all tomorrow!
  • jugar
    Options
    cory17 wrote: »
    CW 216.4 yo yoing

Time to put away the yo yo! You know what to do - come on in for some encouragement if you need it. You had a great week 1, so see if you can repeat that week and get back on track. We're rooting for you!
  • Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    Weekly weigh in
    PW: 172.8
    CW: 174.1
    Ugh :#
  • jugar
    Options
    Pearl4686 wrote: »
    Weekly weigh in
    PW: 172.8
    CW: 174.1
    Ugh :#
    pshsh72vpft6.png
  • Connie7355
    Connie7355 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Friday weigh in
    PW 180.3
    CW 179.6
    Haven’t been in the 170’s for at least 20 years. Hope I can stay there for awhile anyway!
    Hope you all have a great weekend!!
  • jugar
    Options
    Connie7355 wrote: »
    Friday weigh in
    PW 180.3
    CW 179.6
    Haven’t been in the 170’s for at least 20 years. Hope I can stay there for awhile anyway!
    Hope you all have a great weekend!!
    You are on a roll!!!
  • jugar
    Options
    Let's go with the remaining Friday weigh-ins:
    @visiri
    @berriesandsunshine
    @marieamethyst

And please confirm! You both weighed in early. Are your numbers correct? Let me know!
    @AmyRobF
    @martinesther88

and HEADS UP! For Saturday weigh-ins:
    @evangsimmons170 (Mot)
    @matthewsfive
    @Micki48
    @Terytha (Captain)
    @twinkle150

Thanks everyone!
This discussion has been closed.