MISSION SLIMPOSSIBLE TEAM CHAT - September 2019

Options

Replies

• bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,474 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. It finally hit me what the problem may be and a dr appt is in my future.

I had to switch BP meds bc my insurance agency refuses to pay for it without my dr filling out paperwork. So, with my blessing, we switched it up. I went from a beta blocker to a calcium channel blocker. I switched 4 weeks ago. I've been stalled since and inched up bit by bit. My resting heart rate has gone from 62-65 up to 80. And I'm swollen; I'm holding water like crazy despite the fact that I'm on HCTZ. I've never had an issue with swelling and this morning, I couldn't take my wedding rings off after I took my HCTZ.

I have a feeling that the to 2-3 pounds I've gone up this past month, are bc I'm bloated :|

I'm going back on my old BP meds. Eff Blue Cross Blue Shield; they can't decide which medicine is best for me.
  • Kres567
    Kres567 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    @mrmcgrath, Wahhoooo on that fantastic weight loss!! Did you do anything different to get such a great result? :)

@davors19, staying the same is NOT a bad thing! Our bodies often need to adjust so just keep on working your plan. :)

@Kres567, what do you need from us? Should we do a no sugar challenge for the rest of the month? I mean a NO sugar cold turkey challenge until October 1st. If you're in then I will join you. I will even get rid of my cinnamon Ice Breakers, which have become an addiction and at 1 carb gram each it's not good that I eat like 10 a day. :o:/

Friday Check-In
    Calories: under
    Water: over
    Exercise: getting my exercise room ready and unpacking several boxes.

My plan for this weekend is to work in my house and help hubby put together this really cool metal and wood hall tree we bought from Wayfair. I do love me some Wayfair!! <3 I also just found out that I'm teaching children's church this Sunday and I don't have one thing prepared. Good thing I'm soooo nice!! o:)

Yikes @TeresaW1020 - you k ow I’m not good at sticking with challenges but I’m at that point where I’ll try anything to get the scale to budge.

What would this exactly mean? Is it like our list we use when Tami would declare the No Sugar Challenge? And when do we start?
  • broncobuddee
    broncobuddee Posts: 372 Member
    Options
  • Jamidi
    Jamidi Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Username: Jamidi
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Weigh in week: 3
    Weight: 210.2
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,612 Member
    Options
    Saturday check-in
    Calories low
    Exercise recumbent bike
    Water great

Not much is new here. I'm taking a networking class and have a test I'm cramming for, my memory is awful! I decided to give beets another try in my produce box, I'm hoping they're going to taste less like dirt if I roast them.

Have a wonderful day!
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    10 DAY NO SUGAR CHALLENGE!!

Starting tomorrow, Sept. 22nd through October 1st.

Are you ready to finish this month strong? I am going to commit to doing this 10-day challenge and see if I can kick start my weight loss and meet my goal for the month. I'm giving up my daily consumption of Ice Breakers Cinnamon Mints, drink mix packets I use in my water, and my afternoon dark chocolate that I LOVE to have with a hot cup of coffee. For 10 days I'm going to follow everything on this list and just see what it will do.

Will you join me in this challenge? I will post daily to keep us focused and accountable. If you're in let us know. Let's do this!!! B)

w8p4preakvb2.jpg
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,796 Member
    Options
    Username: Digger61
    Weigh in week: 3
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    Previous weight: 220
    Current weight: 220
  • Kres567
    Options
    10 DAY NO SUGAR CHALLENGE!!

Starting tomorrow, Sept. 22nd through October 1st.

Are you ready to finish this month strong? I am going to commit to doing this 10-day challenge and see if I can kick start my weight loss and meet my goal for the month. I'm giving up my daily consumption of Ice Breakers Cinnamon Mints, drink mix packets I use in my water, and my afternoon dark chocolate that I LOVE to have with a hot cup of coffee. For 10 days I'm going to follow everything on this list and just see what it will do.

Will you join me in this challenge? I will post daily to keep us focused and accountable. If you're in let us know. Let's do this!!! B)

w8p4preakvb2.jpg

I’m in!! Going to give it my best try yet.

Where does honey fit? Is it a refined sugar or found in nature?
  • TeresaW1020
    Options
    Kres567 wrote: »

Yayyyy for being in!! :) Honey has to be a personal choice but for me, it's no different than regular refined sugar. The body treats it the exact same way. Can you eliminate it altogether or at least cut in half what you normally use?

• TeresaW1020
    Options
    Saturday Check-in:
    Calories: Under, 18 net carbs (I'm going to list my net carbs every day to stay accountable to accurate tracking)
    Water: Over
    Exercise: lots of work around my house

I ate my last 3 squares of dark chocolate and a few cinnamon Ice Breakers. The rest have been put away from my sight so that tomorrow I can begin our sugar-free 10-day challenge!! Onderland here I come!! B)
  • Kres567
    Options
    Kres567 wrote: »

Yayyyy for being in!! :) Honey has to be a personal choice but for me, it's no different than regular refined sugar. The body treats it the exact same way. Can you eliminate it altogether or at least cut in half what you normally use?

No worries - I can do without it in my tea. I’m getting used to the flavour without sugar.
  • hinemoa2088
    hinemoa2088 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Username: hinemoa2088
    Week 3
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    Previous weight: 163.5
    Current weight: 164
  • raleighgirl09
    raleighgirl09 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    raleighgirl09
    Weigh in week: 3 (20Sep2019) a day late!
    Previous Weight: 207.4
    Current Weight 208.6

remember the good, be the good, encourage others on their journey

I am totally going in the wrong direction! And I get it - the calories are up more days than down in the last week, sodium, too, and way less exercise. UGH. Looked back at my last MFP leg of the journey and it was about 5 months and then I started having small lapses and then big ones and then....petered out. Here at 5 months, or so, and there isn't any reason to do that again. I don't know why I seem to be falling back - but I need to get a handle on it.
  • Kres567
    Options
    raleighgirl09
    Weigh in week: 3 (20Sep2019) a day late!
    Previous Weight: 207.4
    Current Weight 208.6

remember the good, be the good, encourage others on their journey

I am totally going in the wrong direction! And I get it - the calories are up more days than down in the last week, sodium, too, and way less exercise. UGH. Looked back at my last MFP leg of the journey and it was about 5 months and then I started having small lapses and then big ones and then....petered out. Here at 5 months, or so, and there isn't any reason to do that again. I don't know why I seem to be falling back - but I need to get a handle on it.

Make this time different. You can’t leave the team!!! It sounds like you know exactly what to do to improve next week. If you need to change one thing at a time to get through this 5 month challenge that’s fine. Whatever you think will help you stick with it.

What’s your overall fat loss goal?
  • apple852hk
    apple852hk Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Weigh in
    Apple852hk
    Week 2 - Sept 2019
    Sunday
    PW 163.8
    CW 163 3

Not much change but didn't eat well. I have trouble eating my meals in 10 mins. I don't feel full or hungry afterwards but still want to eat. I think I like munching but not chewing my food slowly.

I have tried watching videos to make eating process longer - but I just leave my food getting cold. I notice I have a belief to eat quickly as food should be hot.

Since I have been eating soup this week - maybe that's why I don't feel full. The favourite part of the meal is chewing the side of bread with the soup.

Has anyone else been a person who likes munching on food but not chewing mindfully? Any suggestion on how to appreciate food than just feel like a task tonbe completed quickly?
  • TeresaW1020
    Options

@raleighgirl09, then let us help you get a handle on what is going on. <3 Losing weight is the hardest thing most of us will ever do! I've been trying to get to my goal weight for 40 years!! There have been months and even years when I have given up and the only thing that accomplished was gaining even more weight. So, in 2017, I made a vow to myself, my husband, and God that I was NOT giving up! I've had setbacks and struggles. I've even changed my plan completely several times, but I don't give up! You can't either. Take a look at your plan and see if you need to tighten it up, tweak it, or change it altogether. Weight loss is not about motivation. It's about commitment and consistency. You can do it!!

Join our 10-day NO SUGAR CHALLENGE! Just see if that will be the kick in the pants you need. :)
  • Navydaddjtc
    Navydaddjtc Posts: 4,166 Member
    Options
    WEEK 3 RESULTS FOR THE ki3owe2recw7.jpg
    WEIGHT LOSS CHALLENGE AND SUPPORT GROUP
    HERE IS HOW IT ALL WENT DOWN
    rv99p9zl9m4f.png
    THE WINNERS ARE...

TEAM % Weight No More 0.46%
    INDIVIDUAL % @CaydensMommy 2.27%
    TEAM LBS LOST Weight No More 20.1
    INDIVIDUAL LBS LOST @CaydensMommy 6.2

AS A WHOLE WE LOST 37.9 POUNDS OR 0.15% !!

PLACE TEAM PERCENTAGE

1st Weight No More 0.46%
    2nd Trimstones 0.38%
    3rd Workout Warriors 0.34%

PLACE TEAM LBS LOST
    1st Weight No More 20.1
    2nd Trimstones 15.8
    3rd Workout Warriors 15.2

PLACE INDIVIDUAL PERCENTAGE
    1st @CaydensMommy 2.27%
    2nd @Mulecanter 2.21%
    3rd @Angmarie28 2.19%

PLACE INDIVIDUAL LBS LOST

1st @CaydensMommy 6.2
    2nd @amytriesww 4.7
    3rd. @Mulecanter 4.5

HONORABLE MENTIONS

@cassiegetsfit2013
    @amytriesww
    @jenready
    @Luciicul
    @LonniJay
    @jedaschultz
    @guitargirl55
    @Tualla
    @Terytha
  • TeresaW1020
    Options
    @buniphuphu, great loss!!! Did you do anything special to get two pounds off? Keep it up! :)

@apple852hk, I'm the fastest eater on the planet! I also really LOVE to eat. :D So, I get what you're saying about liking to munch on food. I do best when I plan and pre-track my meals. I also do intermittent fasting which has been a HUGE help in getting me to stop the mindless eating. But I still eat too fast and really should work on that. Maybe others can give us both some good tips to slow it down and enjoy our food. :)
This discussion has been closed.