Options

Replies

• energyseeker
    energyseeker Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    9/19/19 yes/yes/yes
    9/20/19 yes/yes/yes
    Steps 10090
    Water. Nope. I’ll work on this one next week. Stress at work and Diet Coke chosen over water past few days.
  • sandkp
    sandkp Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    9/20 fri
    Mini challenge
    Tracked... yes
    Under... yes
    Exercise:  60 min walking
    Water: 63 oz.
  • abowersgirl
    abowersgirl Posts: 3,409 Member
    Options
    3x yes

Sunday yes
    Monday no
    Tuesday yes
    Wednesday yes
    Thursday yes
    Friday yes
  • Coral333
    Coral333 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    swauters wrote: »
    Good morning
    Friday weigh in
    Pw: 203.4
    Cw: 201.6
    Not as much as I hoped, but the right direction and closer to Onederland again. Last month I said I wanted to get to onederland. Got there then jumped up again. I learned my lesson. Now I am saying I want to STAY there.

That’s a great loss but I know it can be a bit disheartening when you would’ve liked more. Looks to me though that with another you good week you could be stepping into onderland next week! 🥳

• cmhubbard92
    cmhubbard92 Posts: 5,018 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    9/20/19
    Tracked: yes
    Under: yes
    Exercise: yes
    Steps: 10,213
    Water: 86

Yesterday was a definitely interesting day! I drove my boyfriends car to the garage after work(small problem and needed recalls fixed). We have been talking about getting a bigger car(we both have sedans), and we ended up browsing and trading in my car for a newer, lower miles(only 30 and I was almost at 100k), SUV. It has perfect room for the doggies and everything we had wanted. With all the car browsing I was able to get my steps up, but the puppies weren't too happy that we were gone for so long!

I weigh in daily for my own personal benefit, and my weigh has been dropping a lot this week(extra activity, even better food choices, and drinking only water or iced tea 95% of the week.) This morning I hopped on to see a 1 in front of the number(199.4!), so I hope my food choices and activity remain smart over the next few days and I can have an even better loss come my official weigh in on Tuesday!
  • heaz10
    heaz10 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    9/20:
    Exercise: yes, 2 30 minute walks
    Steps:17,349
    Water: 40oz
  • swauters
    swauters Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    @cmhubbard92 YAY! I am so excited for you! Celebrate! Celebrate! Sounds like time for a reward of new shoes, or manicure
  • cmhubbard92
    Options
    swauters wrote: »
    @cmhubbard92 YAY! I am so excited for you! Celebrate! Celebrate! Sounds like time for a reward of new shoes, or manicure

@swauters I think I will wait on both of those! A new car is good enough for me for now! We are having pizza and cake for my boyfriend's dad's birthday, so I am going to "splurge" on something yummy, but hopefully come in under calories still!

On a different note, I got all of the ingredients to make overnight oats, and will be experimenting with them over the next week or so! I'm really excited to try them, and hopefully it keeps me full after my breaks in the morning!
  • pkg1998
    pkg1998 Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    So the idea of weighing on a daily basis has been brought up several times and I’m curious about what the team’s view is of it. I have done both - daily and weekly and I’m torn. This week I didn’t weigh daily and did a better job sticking to my plan, but I had only a small loss on Friday so I was disappointed (I think I had built up in my head that it would be bigger). On the other hand, on the weeks when I weigh in daily if I see an increase (which could be for a variety of reasons), I get frustrated and usually end up making poor choices during that day. So I guess for me just weighing once a week would be better because then there’s only a chance of one bad day because of the scale???

Sorry about the rambling, just trying to work on what I can do different this week.
  • pkg1998
    pkg1998 Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    @cmhubbard92 So excited for you. I want to believe that I’ll be in “onederland” again someday and seeing your progress (and the other team members) gives me hope that I can.
  • cmhubbard92
    Options
    pkg1998 wrote: »
    So the idea of weighing on a daily basis has been brought up several times and I’m curious about what the team’s view is of it. I have done both - daily and weekly and I’m torn. This week I didn’t weigh daily and did a better job sticking to my plan, but I had only a small loss on Friday so I was disappointed (I think I had built up in my head that it would be bigger). On the other hand, on the weeks when I weigh in daily if I see an increase (which could be for a variety of reasons), I get frustrated and usually end up making poor choices during that day. So I guess for me just weighing once a week would be better because then there’s only a chance of one bad day because of the scale???

Sorry about the rambling, just trying to work on what I can do different this week.

@pkg1998 I think it depends on how you react to daily weighing. For me, I use libra weight tracker. It gives me a forecasted goal date and tells me a "trending" weight for the week. I do experience many ups and downs, but my trending weight kind of keeps me focused on my overall progress. Plus, I compare a Monday weigh in to one before so I can remain positive that even though my weight jumped, it could still be less than that day the week before, if that makes any sense!

For some people, like you said, seeing a fluctuation on the scale could have a negative impact. Essentially, use your own judgement and do what works best for you and your goals!
    pkg1998 wrote: »
    @cmhubbard92 So excited for you. I want to believe that I’ll be in “onederland” again someday and seeing your progress (and the other team members) gives me hope that I can.
    Thank you! I'm not getting ahead of myself, yet! Like I said, I am waiting for my trending weight to be below 200! You will make it there one day!
  • ethelsmommy
    ethelsmommy Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hi! It's weigh-in day!

Sunday 9.15 yes/yes/yes
    Monday 9.16 yes/yes/yes
    Tuesday 9.17 yes/yes/yes
    Wednesday 9.18 yes/yes/yes
    Thursday, 9.19 yes/yes/yes
    Friday, 9.20 yes/yes/yes

Last Saturday, 9.14 220 lbs
    This Saturday, 9.21 220 lbs

Holding steady--and I've started the Synthroid for my thyroid, so hopefully...
  • cmhubbard92
    Options
    9/21/19
    Exercise: yes
    Steps: 5391(currently)
    Water: 72oz

Not a majorly active day, but met the goals. We didn't have pizza, instead I ordered a cobb salad and had a small slice of cake. Was happy to fit everything into the day with some extra room to work with!

I have updated the spreadsheet with a new sheet for next week. I have combined the water and steps into one, in a way that will work for people that are only doing the water challenge or just the step challenge! It looks like it will be easier to input numbers!
  • annabananamc
    annabananamc Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    mini challenge

9/20/19
    yes/yes/yes

9/21/19
    yes/yes/yes
  • swauters
    Options
    @ethelsmommy I hope Synthroid works for you. Thyroid problems are aweful.
  • energyseeker
    energyseeker Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    9:21/19
    Track yes
    Under yes
    Exercise yes
    Steps 10092
  • swauters
    Options
    9/21
    3 nos
    Water 64 oz, 10046 steps
  • sandkp
    sandkp Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    9/21 sat
    Mini challenge
    Tracked... yes
    Under... yes
    Exercise:  160 min walking (thanks to county fair. And under calories because I refused to do more than just smell the goodies!)
    Water: 48 oz.
  • MelsLeanDream
    MelsLeanDream Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    September 19 THURSDAY
    Calories - yes
    Tracking - yes
    Exercise - 109-Active Minutes - Day Shift
    Steps - 17110
    Water - 72 oz
This discussion has been closed.