TEAM: The Big Butt Theory (September)

Options

Replies

• cmhubbard92
    cmhubbard92 Posts: 5,018 Member
    Options
    All step challenge participants, I will be posting the results for the first step/water challenge today, some point after work! If you have not submitted any extra numbers by then, I will work with whatever results we do have! Have a great day TBBT!
  • pkg1998
    pkg1998 Posts: 511 Member
    Options

My steps would have been higher if both dogs didnt wrap their leashes around me as they pulled me into a lovely crack in the road. Lovely scrape on my knee, and taking tylenol before I go to sleep in case I did something to my ankle 😐

@cmhubbard92 Ouch - I certainly hope they didn’t do any real damage. Dogs can be a handful especially with two of them.
  • pkg1998
    pkg1998 Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    heaz10 wrote: »
    Awesome week team! So many great losses! Very impressive week.

@heaz10 I second this! Last week has been a very impressive week for TBBT! This week is starting off well, too!

Absolutely - the team really kicked butt this week and I think we give part of the credit to @erikNJ for showing us how this challenge/forum can really have an impact on our success / failure. I know everyone that lost worked really hard to achieve those results, but we also needed a wake up call on the benefits of this group.
  • heaz10
    heaz10 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    9/24:
    Tracked: yes
    Under: yes
    Exercise: yes 60 minute walk
    Steps: 13,698
    Water: 48 oz
  • Mandy_tries_again
    Options
    Weigh in Wednesday
    Last week 226.4
    This week 230.2
    I managed to stay out of the 230's for a whole 3 days last week but it is what it is. I've been kinda taking a break from being obsessive over everything lately so I can regroup and start fresh in October.
  • swauters
    swauters Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Wow. I wasn't on for 1 day and there were over 40 messages to read. I confess that I did not read all of them.

Mini challenge for Tuesday
    Yes/yes/no

I haven't gotten 3 yesses yet this week.
  • murdog3t
    murdog3t Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    Sept 24
    Tracking: no
    Calories: yes
    Exercise: yes
    Step: 10369
    Water:88oz
    30 min yoga
    15 min meditation 🧘‍♀️
    Hump day
    It’s been a rough week sorry 😐
  • cmhubbard92
    Options
    pkg1998 wrote: »

My steps would have been higher if both dogs didnt wrap their leashes around me as they pulled me into a lovely crack in the road. Lovely scrape on my knee, and taking tylenol before I go to sleep in case I did something to my ankle 😐

@cmhubbard92 Ouch - I certainly hope they didn’t do any real damage. Dogs can be a handful especially with two of them.
    @pam1998 my knee is ok(only irritating me when I hit it on something- I'm clumsy) and my ankle seems to be fine which is great, considering I thought it was going to feel worse. A nice relief!
  • abowersgirl
    abowersgirl Posts: 3,409 Member
    Options
    3x yes

Sunday yes
    Monday no
    Tuesday yes
  • annabananamc
    annabananamc Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    9/24/19 Mini challenge

yes/yes/yes - back to hot flow power yoga baby!

• cmhubbard92
    edited September 2019
    Options
    @Coral333 @cossmoss15 @energyseeker @ErikNJ @ForLangston @HASWLRS @heaz10 @MelsLeanDream @mirendybryant @murdog3t @pkg1998 @sandkp @swauters
    For the week of 9/16-9/22, I have come up with the results for our first step and water challenge! Everyone did a great job striving for their goals!

Percentage of Step Goal Complete
    1st: @MelsLeanDream 159.59% Goal: 90,000 Total: 143,628
    2nd: @Heaz10 140.0% Goal: 70,000 Total: 98,001
    3rd: @swauters 159.59% Goal: 70,000 Total: 97,412

I wasn't expecting this to happen, but the same 1st, 2nd, and 3rd percentage winners also had the same standings in our total steps category!

Highest Total Steps:
    1st: @MelsLeanDream 143,628
    2nd: @Heaz10 98,001
    3rd: @swauters 97,412

TBBT Challengers who met/exceeded step goal:
    @cmhubbard92 (114.81%)
    @cossmoss15 (117.39%)
    @mirendybryant (101.24%)
    @pkg1998 (133.79%)
    @swauters (139.16%)

Percentage of Water Goal:
    1st: @cmhubbard92 212.86% 593oz
    2nd: @erikNJ 202.86% 568oz
    3rd: @swauters 183.57% 514oz

Congratulations to all members who participated in last weeks challenge! Remember you can view and add your numbers HERE. Keep up the amazing work as we are almost halfway through week two of our step challenge!
  • LMK02020
    LMK02020 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Oh dear , Way late and way up 125.6, time to not eat away stress 😳
  • LMK02020
    LMK02020 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I noticed a thread about weigh ins daily rather than weekly. I find myself weighing myself daily and then get upset if the weight increases, as we women know it does at times 🙂and then self sabotage through out the day 🙁. I try to be consistent with either a walk( about 4.5 miles) or a bike ride (21 miles slowly )a few times a week but then I’m hungry and overeat , lets be honest here 😂binge eat carbs 🙁 afterwards. How does everyone allocate protein during the day and following exercise? I’m big time stress eating junk over here uggh .,,thanks sooo much in advance!! Enjoy your day 🙂
  • ForLangston
    ForLangston Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Tracked, under and yoga today.
  • Coral333
    Coral333 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    pkg1998 wrote: »
    heaz10 wrote: »
    Awesome week team! So many great losses! Very impressive week.

@heaz10 I second this! Last week has been a very impressive week for TBBT! This week is starting off well, too!

Absolutely - the team really kicked butt this week and I think we give part of the credit to @erikNJ for showing us how this challenge/forum can really have an impact on our success / failure. I know everyone that lost worked really hard to achieve those results, but we also needed a wake up call on the benefits of this group.

Totally agree! I definitely felt more motivated this week with our additional challenges and with checking in and interacting more frequently. Thanks @erikNJ !
  • Coral333
    Options
    All step challenge participants, I will be posting the results for the first step/water challenge today, some point after work! If you have not submitted any extra numbers by then, I will work with whatever results we do have! Have a great day TBBT!

I need a kick up the bahookie with my steps so far this week! It's a classic case of life getting in the way of the things I want to do and the things I know that really I need to do e.g. gym and walking.
    I've had a fairly stressful start to my workweek that's kept me tied to my desk quite a bit dealing with crisis after crisis. I've also taken on some after school tutoring in the run up to Christmas to help us out a little with the extra costs so it meant being out of the house from 8am-7:30pm tonight and will be the same tomorrow. I get home just in time to do bedtime with my wee one before collapsing in a heap! I'm aiming for 2 big walks on Saturday and Sunday to even me out a little :smiley:

Well done to everyone on the team success! So great to see us up there winning again!!
  • Coral333
    Options
    erikNJ wrote: »
    Mini challenge
    Sun: no/no/no (Saturday killed my Sunday)
    Mon: yes/yes/yes (only got activity cause of work but i’ll take it)

Sitting in jury duty today. Been on my butt for hours now. I did bring protein bars so I wouldn’t have to walk over to fast food on lunch. Going to hit the gym once they let us go so my body actually gets movement today

Hope you weren't kept all day @erikNJ ! I always thought jury duty would be really interesting until I was called up...then I realised it was exactly as you describe. Loads of sitting around and not much activity or even mental stimulation!!
  • HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,997 Member
    Options
    LMK02020 wrote: »
    Oh dear , Way late and way up 125.6, time to not eat away stress 😳

@LMK02020, hey, Lauren. Late may be an understatement....you actually missed two weeks in a row so you are no longer an official member of TBBT. But you are in luck...if you would like to get back on the official spreadsheet, the registration thread is open for October until this Saturday night. If you would like to be reassigned to TBBT, make sure you let Ashley know that. Otherwise, it is a random assignment.
  • HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,997 Member
    Options
    Good day today.

Ran my fastest ever mile. Could not have run a second one at the same pace but did do a slower second one.

Then went to a weight loss support group that runs bimonthly. It’s full of amazing, sensible, lovely people who just understand the battle. We were talking about stress eating and how we then hate ourselves for it and get all those thoughts of “I’m a failure”, “I’ve got no control”. Everyone of us in the same boat. And just talking about it like that, made a lot of that internalised self hate and beating myself up temporarily disappear. We talked about the healthy habits we use for stress instead and how we try and put these into practice. I could do with it running every night!

@lozenger1984, congratulations on your fastest mile ever, Laura!! That is a great NSV!!
This discussion has been closed.