Options
NovusDies
NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
You can chat here but no chitting.

Replies

• NovusDies
    Options
    Anyone have any fun plans for the weekend?
  • davemacdonald31
    davemacdonald31 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Nothing here! Just going to try to log my food on the weekend. Yes, I'm a loser!
  • NovusDies
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Nothing here! Just going to try to log my food on the weekend. Yes, I'm a loser!

I will be a loser with you lose a little this weekend too. I have chores and a couple of small DIY projects but nothing fantastical.

I put my tomato plants out late this year so I am very impatiently watching the first set of green ones grow. If I can just have 3 really good fully vine ripe tomato BLTs this summer I will be ecstatic. I haven't had a REALLY good one in years. Being forced to wait for a treat is probably a good thing though. HURRY UP!!
  • merph518
    merph518 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    NovusDies wrote: »

I'll be hiding inside in the AC, away from the incoming heat wave. I think since I won't be out and all that active this weekend, I'll hook up my VR headset and play some Beat Saber to burn a few calories.
  • jjlewey
    jjlewey Posts: 248 Member
    Options

I plan on doing yard work, mowing/hedge trimming if it is not to ungodly hot.
  • NovusDies
    Options
    jjlewey wrote: »

I wish I had run into you a year ago. You really make me feel like I wasted a lot of time waiting to get lighter before engaging in more activity. I do a lot more now but when I was still your weight I was really sedentary still. I guess because I had a sedentary job it really diminished my stamina and it really hurt to do things like even standing initially because I had really unfavorable fat distribution.
  • jjlewey
    jjlewey Posts: 248 Member
    Options

I wish I had run into you a year ago. You really make me feel like I wasted a lot of time waiting to get lighter before engaging in more activity. I do a lot more now but when I was still your weight I was really sedentary still. I guess because I had a sedentary job it really diminished my stamina and it really hurt to do things like even standing initially because I had really unfavorable fat distribution.

People say I carry my weight well, I dont know, it's just me. I do struggle with getting out of breath, especially walking up hills or steps. In April we went to Ashville NC and walking up to the top of Mt Mitchell was rough. I almost turned back around a couple of times. I want to try Kingamans Dome by Gatlinburg but have heard that is much much tougher than Mitchell. I will see how I feel then.
    As far as day to day the 2 things that bugged or bug me the most is tieing my shoes, and no matter what my pants not staying up comfortably.
  • NovusDies
    Options

People say I carry my weight well, I dont know, it's just me. I do struggle with getting out of breath, especially walking up hills or steps. In April we went to Ashville NC and walking up to the top of Mt Mitchell was rough. I almost turned back around a couple of times. I want to try Kingamans Dome by Gatlinburg but have heard that is much much tougher than Mitchell. I will see how I feel then.
    As far as day to day the 2 things that bugged or bug me the most is tieing my shoes, and no matter what my pants not staying up comfortably.

I carry my weight very poorly. I am also well known for the person who walks around with one hand on the back of my pants half the time or the person who moons the neighborhood when I don't.
  • merph518
    merph518 Posts: 702 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    I carry my weight very poorly. I am also well known for the person who walks around with one hand on the back of my pants half the time or the person who moons the neighborhood when I don't.

ha, belts are my friend for sure. Most of the shorts I'm wearing this summer wouldn't stay up without one.

• NovusDies
    Options
    merph518 wrote: »

ha, belts are my friend for sure. Most of the shorts I'm wearing this summer wouldn't stay up without one.

Tried that. I feel like I am getting cut in two when I try to bend over because my pants are hiked up so far. It kind of sucks having lost more than 150 pounds and being plagued by some of this still but better days are coming. I just have to focus on the positives and be (somewhat) patient about the negatives.
  • NovusDies
    Options
    Anyone here an amateur horticulturist? I need some ideas for some fall/winter plants/flowers for some planters that are now empty.

It is on my list of things to do this weekend. I also need to go to the landfill, buy a few groceries, meet my uncle who is in town for lunch, get my stinky dog groomed, and probably a few more things that I am forgetting.
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Options
    Lol...I thought you were being sarcastic saying you were going to the “ landfill “ for groceries!....and sorry, I can’t grow any kind of plants....
  • NovusDies
    Options
    Lol...I thought you were being sarcastic saying you were going to the “ landfill “ for groceries!....and sorry, I can’t grow any kind of plants....

Old tires are high in fiber!
  • maiomaio71
    maiomaio71 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I tried a new recipe today. If anyone is looking to experiment and is not low carb!
    http://www.mymoroccanfood.com/home/ras-el-hanout-sweet-potatoa-feta-mint-and-preserved-lemon-msemen-wrap.
    I do my own preserved lemons, but I'm sure they're available in stores? Otherwise maybe substitute lemon zest. They were delicious. Had some pro squash players staying and made these for starters. They loved them.
  • hansep0012
    hansep0012 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Anyone here an amateur horticulturist? I need some ideas for some fall/winter plants/flowers for some planters that are now empty.

In the fall I plant and enjoy chrysanthemums - they come in a variety of colors and hardy up until frost. They are often sold in grocery stores but the best deals are at, ahem, Walmart (not my fav store). It is also the time I think about planting trees. I've learned that for me, I best dig the hole first, buy the compost and mulch to have ready and then go out for tree shopping. Otherwise there is a good chance that tree may sit for weeks and unnecessarily stress while I get around to planting it!
  • amkita
    amkita Posts: 183 Member
    Options

I'm off to Los Angeles for the weekend to visit friends! I believe the plan is wine, cheese, strolling along the beach, and conversation. not necessary in that order, and quite possibly all at once.

it'll be a super quick trip, gotta be back for class on Monday, but I'm looking forward to the change of scenery! even if it's L.A.... :) the temperature will be similar to here (WI), but I do love the ocean.

anyone also doing something fun? maybe enjoying any bits of summer that are hanging on?
  • NovusDies
    Options
    amkita wrote: »

I'm off to Los Angeles for the weekend to visit friends! I believe the plan is wine, cheese, strolling along the beach, and conversation. not necessary in that order, and quite possibly all at once.

it'll be a super quick trip, gotta be back for class on Monday, but I'm looking forward to the change of scenery! even if it's L.A.... :) the temperature will be similar to here (WI), but I do love the ocean.

anyone also doing something fun? maybe enjoying any bits of summer that are hanging on?

Sounds fun! Enjoy yourself!

If I feel up to it I will take a nice long walk to see the leaves falling in record breaking temperatures.
  • amkita
    amkita Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    the leaves are just starting to get serious here. you should definitely enjoy them before they're gone. 🍂🍂
  • hansep0012
    hansep0012 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    In the mountainous high desert where I live, the tops of the Aspen trees are just beginning to have touches of gold. The leaves wave and shimmer in the breeze with smell of green chile roasting in the air. Soon, hot air balloons will fill the skies with colors and shapes that mesmerize your senses. I love fall.
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Options
    Hmmmm...( spring )..the palm trees behind our house are brushing against the banana trees....fast forward to now ( fall ).... the banana trees behind our house are brushing against the palm trees!......

Oh wait!....it’s getting darker earlier!