TEAM: The Big Butt Theory (September)

Options

Replies

• cmhubbard92
    cmhubbard92 Posts: 5,018 Member
    Options
    HASWLRS wrote: »
    I am going away for a football weekend. I'll catch any weigh-ins tomorrow night, then I am gone until Monday evening. Start October strong without me, okay?!

@HASWLRS enjoy your weekend!!! Have a fun time!
  • cmhubbard92
    edited September 2019
    Options
    swauters wrote: »
    Last Sept weigh in
    Last week. 201.6
    This week 202.2

Yesterday my scale told me I was 74 pounds. I got a new scale and this is my first weigh in on it.

@swauters usually when I have a scale do this, I try a new battery! Sometimes, though, it's cheaper and less time consuming to get a new scale! Here's to starting October off strong! I hope we all have a great month again!
  • cmhubbard92
    Options
    I have been a bit MIA this week. I have very close friends in NZ who have had a terrible tragedy and I am sitting here in Australia devastated...there is nothing I can do to help them which means my steps and water have been all over the place.
    Hopefully I can up my game in the new week/month.
    My kids have just started a two week holiday break and are kicking it off with having friends over for a sleepover. Should totally get in some steps chasing them around this weekend!

@MelsLeanDream I am hoping for the best for you, and your friend during this tough time! Good luck with this weekend!
  • cmhubbard92
    Options
    9/27/19
    Tracked: yes
    Under: yes
    Exercise: yes

I am currently at 8,000 steps and 64oz water, but I can actually stay up a little bit later tonight and get my steps in. I left work after 4ish hours to go to a company picnic. I've actually never had the opportunity to go to a paid event like that, so it was pretty neat. I met some people from other locations, our district manager grilled our food for us, and we just hung out at a really nice park playing basketball and other games. Today was the first day I have had ~2000+ calories, but I am under budget, still! I got home, only have to leave to take the puppy to the vet (again) and he is doing really well! At the moment I am relaxing with a glass of wine(pre-logged) and trying to unwind for the first time all week!
  • swauters
    swauters Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Last Sept weigh in
    Last week. 201.6
    This week 202.2

Yesterday my scale told me I was 74 pounds. I got a new scale and this is my first weigh in on it.

@swauters usually when I have a scale do this, I try a new battery! Sometimes, though, it's cheaper and less time consuming to get a new scale! Here's to starting October off strong! I hope we all have a great month again!

@cmhubbard92 I did think of battery, but have replaced the battery twice in the last month. That made me think there is something wrong with the scale.
  • cmhubbard92
    Options
    Last Sept weigh in
    Last week. 201.6
    This week 202.2

@cmhubbard92 I did think of battery, but have replaced the battery twice in the last month. That made me think there is something wrong with the scale.

@swauters Oh, definitely if you had to replace it twice in a month! That's too much!
  • brandi_84
    brandi_84 Posts: 1,963 Member
    Options
    My family and I went to the zoo and had a great time. It was about 3 miles of walking in 95 degree weather though. I hope everyone has a fantastic weekend. Will see you guys in the October thread!
  • ethelsmommy
    ethelsmommy Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    @swauters thank you! It's only been a week, so no change yet, but at least I'm finally taking the Synthroid!
  • ethelsmommy
    Options
    @swauters I am so sorry about your kitty. I'm sending lots of hugs your way.
  • ethelsmommy
    Options
    Hi, guys!
    In preparation for tomorrow's weigh-in, I thought I'd catch up with my daily digits:

Saturday, 9.21 yes/yes/yes
    Sunday, 9.22.19 yes/yes/yes
    Monday, 9/23 yes/yes/yes
    Tuesday, 9.24 yes/no/yes (I went over my calorie count, oops!)
    Wednesday, 9/25 yes/yes/yes
    Thursday, 9/26 yes/yes/yes
    Friday, 9.27 yes/yes/yes

I've been on the Synthroid now for a week, but I don't feel a difference yet. The Dr said it might take as much as a month and to be patient. So, this is me, being patient.

Please remind me to be patient tomorrow when I get on the scale...
  • HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,997 Member
    Options
    Hi, guys!
    In preparation for tomorrow's weigh-in, I thought I'd catch up with my daily digits:

Saturday, 9.21 yes/yes/yes
    Sunday, 9.22.19 yes/yes/yes
    Monday, 9/23 yes/yes/yes
    Tuesday, 9.24 yes/no/yes (I went over my calorie count, oops!)
    Wednesday, 9/25 yes/yes/yes
    Thursday, 9/26 yes/yes/yes
    Friday, 9.27 yes/yes/yes

I've been on the Synthroid now for a week, but I don't feel a difference yet. The Dr said it might take as much as a month and to be patient. So, this is me, being patient.

Please remind me to be patient tomorrow when I get on the scale...

@ethelsmommy, you've been working hard and doing well....number on the scale be damned!!
  • HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,997 Member
    Options
    brandi_84 wrote: »
    My family and I went to the zoo and had a great time. It was about 3 miles of walking in 95 degree weather though. I hope everyone has a fantastic weekend. Will see you guys in the October thread!

@brandi_84, yeah it's going to be 86 degrees in Indianapolis at the time of the football game!
    Glad you had a great time at the zoo!
  • sandkp
    sandkp Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    9/27 fri
    Mini challenge
    Tracked... yes
    Under... yes
    Exercise:  yes
    Water: 61 oz.
  • sandkp
    Options
    erikNJ wrote: »
    My wife had to go to the hospital today and will be there overnight. I would like to roll over last weeks weight if I could. Not really what will be on my mind in the morning

@erikNJ so sorry to hear this....take care of yourself and your wife!
  • sandkp
    Options
    HASWLRS wrote: »
    sandkp wrote: »
    @HASWLRS I know we are switching to new board but wasn't sure if we wanted to try to do a food or exercise type challenge to start the new month or if you wanted to wait a week to settle in over there? Just let me know so I can start that voluntold position :)

@sandkp, let's get it started!

@sandkp I agree! And we can add a page or two to the spreadsheet so that it can all be managed there!

@cmhubbard92 @HASWLRS sounds like a plan... will post the food and exercise challenges for next week here tomorrow and will also add it on the October thread too. (Spreadsheet looks great! Thanks for putting it together.)

@HASWLRS have a great weekend!
  • ethelsmommy
    Options
    Hi, guys--time for the weigh-in:

Last week: 221 lbs
    This week: 221 lbs

So, obs, the Synthroid hasn't kicked in yet--it's only been a week, and the doctor did tell me it could take up to a month for it to regulate my thyroid. So, while I will continue on my weight loss quest, I will re-join you guys in November. This way, I can just concentrate on me and not worry about letting the team down.

Trust me--I will be back in November. I'll need all your support to get through the holidays!!!

Go Team Big Butt!!!!!!!
  • heaz10
    heaz10 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    9/27:
    Tracked: yes
    Under: yes
    Exercise: yes 30 minutes treadmill
    Steps: 10458
    Water: 48 oz.
  • Mandy_tries_again
    Options
    Final post for September. I've kept track of my monthly weightloss since I started this journey, mainly bc I gave myself monthly goals to reach as opposed to weekly. 5lbs per month. September has been the worst for me gaining and losing the same few pounds. This past week I've made some adjustments before I find myself stuck in a plateau. It's worked 😉 I've started meal prep for the first time too. If I stay on this track I'll start October with a loss 🤞

April: -5.4
    May: -4.2
    June: -8.6
    July: -3.4
    August: -5.4
    Sept: (as of now, I still have 3 days left) -3.2
    Total: -32.4

I May not have huge losses but slow and steady wins the race lol. Every pound adds up and I'm happy with what I've accomplished so far. Ready to rock October.
  • Coral333
    Coral333 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Well done @mirendybryant ! Consistency absolutely wins out.
  • brandi_84
    brandi_84 Posts: 1,963 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Final post for September. I've kept track of my monthly weightloss since I started this journey, mainly bc I gave myself monthly goals to reach as opposed to weekly. 5lbs per month. September has been the worst for me gaining and losing the same few pounds. This past week I've made some adjustments before I find myself stuck in a plateau. It's worked 😉 I've started meal prep for the first time too. If I stay on this track I'll start October with a loss 🤞

April: -5.4
    May: -4.2
    June: -8.6
    July: -3.4
    August: -5.4
    Sept: (as of now, I still have 3 days left) -3.2
    Total: -32.4

I May not have huge losses but slow and steady wins the race lol. Every pound adds up and I'm happy with what I've accomplished so far. Ready to rock October.
    @mirendybryant
    You are doing awesome!!
This discussion has been closed.