TRIMSTONES - OCTOBER CHAT

Beka3695
Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
edited September 2019 in Social Groups
WELCOME TO TRIMSTONES TEAM CHAT

This chat room provides a place for the CHALLENGERS to meet and chat about the challenge, discuss any issues, post comments, share ideas, etc...

We are beginning the OCTOBER Challenge - We have six (6) teams returning this month!!

Our group and team leaders for the OCTOBER Challenge are as follows:

Our Moderators;
Greg - @Navydaddjtc (GROUP OWNER)
Liselyn - @jugar
Beka - @beka3695

Our Team Captains
Team Workout Warriors - @Navydaddjtc and @Fitness327wk
Team Mission Slimpossibles - @broncobuddee and @teresaW1020
Team Trimstones - @mulecanter and @jessicakrall8
Team Weight No More - @sleepymom5 and @cafeleia
Team WaistAways - @terytha and @jugar
Team Shrinking Assets - @Boehle and @beka3695

Our Motivators
Team Workout Warriors - @Fitness327wk
Team Mission Slimpossibles - @AustinRuadhain
Team Trimstones - @angmarie28
Team Weight No More - @nstephenson01
Team WaistAways - @evangsimmons170
Team Shrinking Assets - open

Captain’s responsibilities include:
* Entering weights for your team into the spreadsheet.
* Be active in team discussions, encouraging and supporting the challengers as they post.
* Encourage challengers to participate in challenges and in group discussions.
* Post daily / weekly challenges and topics to promote team involvement and help keep the team engaged.
* Participate in team discussions encouraging team participation.
* Help remind challengers when they are due to post (and especially when overdue to post) weights.
* Encourage participation in the moderators challenge and in the weekly team challenges.
* Remind your challengers to enter their weights on time by tagging them or messaging them when they are pending.
* Answering any questions that may come up about challenges, weigh-ins, the spreadsheets etc.

Motivator’s Responsibilities include:
* Be active in team discussions, encouraging and supporting the challengers as they post.
* Encourage challengers to participate in challenges and in group discussions.
* Participate in team discussions encouraging team participation.
* Help remind challengers when they are due to post (and especially when overdue to post) weights.
* Encourage participation in the moderators challenge and in the weekly team challenges.
* Coordinate with your awesome team captains to see if they can use any assistance or if they have any specific tasks they feel you can assist with.

F2F-WLC CHALLENGES:
- - WEEKLY GROUP CHALLENGE (Challenges hosted by teams for the entire group)
- - MODERATOR'S CHALLENGE (Challenges hosted by the moderators of the group)
- - INDIVIDUAL CHALLENGES (Challenges within teams themselves)

Team Weekly challenges will be announced in later communications

(Note:The team order for challenges follows the team order in the group standing sheet on the spreadsheets)

HOW OUR CHALLENGES WORK:
We have 4 total possible challenges and NONE are mandatory. Our challengers can do none or all it's up to them. So we have...

The F2F Weekly TEAM Challenge - posted each week on Sunday in the announcements by the team who is assigned that particular week (see above for your week). This is for the F2F Group as a whole.

F2F Moderators Challenge/Topic of the week - This challenge is provided each week in the announcements area. One of the moderators will either provide a challenge that will involve anything fitness, health, and nutrition.

Individual Team challenges - these are challenge done within your own team. You can chose daily, weekly, or monthly challenges (weekly seems to work best). You can make this whatever you wish as long as it's health and fitness related.

Note: If for some reason your team is unable to provide the weekly challenge please let me know ahead of time so another team can take your place or so I can provide the challenge.

Good Luck Teams: Please let us know if there is anything wrong or if you notice something that needs to be fixed or modified. Everything seems ready to go for OCTOBER. Registrations are almost done and we have quite a few new challengers. Make sure you are going into your new team threads to welcome anyone who has started posting. Let’s make our newbies feel welcome and show them some F2F love!!

THANKS, YOUR MODS

Replies

• jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,007 Member
    Hi TrimStone Newbie Members!! I and @mulecanter are your team captains. We'll do our best to motivate, keep you interested, keep you laughing and most of all, keep you working toward your weight loss goals. I post a lot and am a bit of a "chatty cathy", so I'd appreciate you giving us a few words on the who, what and why about you...I have been on this journey my whole life and at 53, I'm finally concentrating on getting healthier. I am addicted to my Fitbit and LOVE to do challenges. I am "jakrall@cox.net" if you'd like to add me to your friends list on Fitbit. Please let me know if you do so, because I don't add just everyone.

I had a health scare a few years ago and after that experience, I got serious about taking off this weight and becoming more active.

If I can ever do anything to help you out on your journey, just say the word. I'm available by mail if you don't want to discuss your issue in the chatroom...just send me a message. I try to come up with the group challenges this month so if you have an idea for a challenge, let me know. I also monitor and record the stats for our step group. You can find our step chart at the bottom of the spreadsheet where all the weights are recorded...just scroll down. If you'd like to be one of our steppers, just send me a message and share your favorite place to walk and you're in! Make sure once you join to report your steps every few days. (Hint...I don't like white spaces on my spreadsheet!) LOL! :smiley:

Welcome...we're a great little family who supports each other and keeps it moving!
    Take care and Happy October!
  • Navydaddjtc
    Navydaddjtc Posts: 4,166 Member
    0arpef5ozvc7.png
    WELCOME TO THE THE OCTOBER CHALLENGE

IF YOU ALL HAVE BEEN AROUND FOR A WHILE YOU ALL KNOW WHO I AM AND WHAT I AM ALL ABOUT. SO THERE IS NO NEED FOR ME TO REPEAT MYSELF.

MANY OF YOU MAY NOT KNOW, BUT I HAVE BEEN HANDED OVER THE OWNERSHIP OF THIS CHALLENGE BY IT'S FOUNDER @mari_moulin.. MY INTENTION IS TO MAKE THIS CHALLENGE AS A WHOLE AND EACH TEAM THE VERY BEST THEY CAN BE WITH GREAT LEADERSHIP AND A ACTIVELY INVOLVED TEAM.

AS A TEAM/GROUP WE ARE GOING TO HAVE SOME WEEKLY/ MONTHLY CHALLENGES. AS ALWAYS THEY ARE COMPLETELY OPTIONAL. HOWEVER THE MORE YOU ARE IN THEM THE MORE YOU GET MOTIVATED TO MEET THE GOALS OF YOUR WEIGHT LOSS JOURNEY.

NOW LETS GET OUT THERE AND LOSE SOME WIGHT,GET HEALTHIER, AND HAVE SOME FUN WHILE DOING IT.
  • kmfeig87
    kmfeig87 Posts: 1,990 Member
    @angmarie19 glad your daughter is gone from the hospital. Prayers that the doctors come up work a great plan!

@bsgraham10 Are you sure it was an accident? It looks like it might have been pushed!
  • kateberard
    kateberard Posts: 110 Member
    Steps
    9/26-8239
    9/27-4757
    9/28-3785
  • Navydaddjtc
    WEEK 4 FOR THE
    2hmaykleebnd.jpg
    WEIGHT LOSS CHALLENGE AND SUPPORT GROUP
    IS IN THE BOOKS
    HERE IS HOW IT SHOOK OUT

r7ic1q0jva3k.png

THE WINNERS ARE...

TEAM % Mission Slimpossibles 0.53%
    INDIVIDUAL % @Katmary71 5.70%
    TEAM LBS LOST Mission Slimpossibles 21.6
    INDIVIDUAL LBS LOST @Katmary71 7.8

AS A WHOLE WE LOST21.2 POUNDS OR 0.09% !!

PLACE TEAM PERCENTAGE
    1st Mission Slimpossibles 0.53%
    2nd WaistAways 0.15%
    3rd Shrinking Assets 0.08%

PLACE TEAM LBS LOST
    1st Mission Slimpossibles 21.6
    2nd WaistAways 5.3
    3rd Shrinking Assets 3.3

PLACE INDIVIDUAL PERCENTAGE
    1st @Katmary71 5.70%
    2nd @raleighgirl09 2.06%
    3rd @mrshadsall 1.69%

PLACE INDIVIDUAL LBS LOST
    1st @Katmary71 7.8
    2nd @raleighgirl09 4.3
    3rd @mrshadsall 4.0

HONORABLE MENTIONS
    @Luciicul
    @Barbb1557
    @amytriesww
    @LovebyDraug69
    @LonniJay
    @hinemoa2088
    @171Lake
    @vikster1111
    @kdv12
  • Navydaddjtc
    GRAND FINALE FOR THE
    2hmaykleebnd.jpg
    WEIGHT LOSS CHALLENGE AND SUPPORT GROUP
    IS IN THE BOOKS
    HERE IS HOW IT SHOOK OUT

thibr0uuomzw.png

AS A WHOLE WE LOST 166.8 POUNDS OR 0.69% !!!

THE WINNERS ARE...

TEAM % Workout Warriors 1.00%
    INDIVIDUAL % @buniphuphu 6.18%
    TEAM LBS LOST Workout Warriors 44.7
    INDIVIDUAL LBS LOST @buniphuphu 16.2

PLACE TEAM PERCENTAGE
    1st Workout Warriors 1.00%
    2nd Mission Slimpossibles 0.72%
    2nd Weight No More 0.72%
    3rd Trimstones 0.70%

PLACE TEAM LBS LOST
    1st Workout Warriors 44.7
    2nd Mission Slimpossibles 29.2
    3rd Weight No More 28.8

PLACE INDIVIDUAL PERCENTAGE
    1st @buniphuphu 6.18%
    2nd @amytriesww 6.01%
    3rd @Katmary71 5.15%

PLACE INDIVIDUAL LBS LOST
    1st @buniphuphu 16.2
    2nd @amytriesww 14.8
    3rd @TheMrWobbly 9.5

HONORABLE MENTIONS
    @cafelelia
    @Luciicul
    @kdv12
    @TheMrWobbly
    @SLIMN2016
    @Mulecanter
    @raleighgirl09
    @megnolia82
    @LiveLaughLove1969

• jessicakrall8
    edited September 2019
    ombaooeaj741.jpeg

Happy Sunday Fun-day everybody!! After all of the repairs were completed on my house, this is my first full day of relaxing and piddling around my house...no dust, it's all clean, it looks amazing and I have full access to all rooms, no zippered doorways, hassle or anything negative...I'm enjoying doing laundry, cooking, washing dishes and going at my own pace. Might not be anything fancy, but I love my little house!!

Hope you guys have a wonderful day as well!! The grind starts back up tomorrow, so enjoy today!!! October here we come!!!

Jessica
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 9,891 Member
  • jessicakrall8
    CALLING ALL WALKING FANATICS!!! Reply to this message if you'd like to be on our Step Team for the month of October because it doesn't carry over month to month. Don't leave me on the list all by my lonesome! The only requirement is full participation by posting your steps every day or two...as ya'll know, I don't like empty slots in the spreadsheet! :smile:
    Jessica
  • Navydaddjtc
    4fs2c9kmg0mb.png
    PLEASE WELCOME TO THE OCTOBER CHALLENGE ON TEAM MISSION SLIMPOSSIBLES
    @Loriab901
    LET’S HELP IN GETTING THIS TEAMMATE SETTLED FOR THE OCTOBER CHALLENGE
    THANKS GREG
    LISELYN WILL POST THEM ON THE OCT SPREADSHEET
  • kateberard
    kateberard Posts: 110 Member
    CALLING ALL WALKING FANATICS!!! Reply to this message if you'd like to be on our Step Team for the month of October because it doesn't carry over month to month. Don't leave me on the list all by my lonesome! The only requirement is full participation by posting your steps every day or two...as ya'll know, I don't like empty slots in the spreadsheet! :smile:
    Jessica

I would like to keep going for October.
  • jessicakrall8
    @jenready @schlerin @Arc130 @DreaRN15 @angmarie28 @kmfeig87 I need your steps for the rest of week 4 in Sep. Please send ASAP so I can announce winners for both the week, as well as the month. Let me know also if you're participating for Oct. Thanks, Jessica
  • kmfeig87
    edited September 2019
    Steps. I kept trying to post these yesterday and failing!
    • 9/26 - 0 No fitbit. Resistance is hard!
    • 9/27 - 2,505 I put on the fitbit around noon. Took a Short wander around an antique mall. Then I forgot to put it on again after showering. I didn't walk much more, but did [code]manage to get to the high school to see their three one acts (my son was in two!)
    • 9/28 - 5,065 Another brief outing to an air conditioned antique mall....involved quite a bit of sitting on the steps, but not too bad. I think I am super jet-lagged from surgery and slightly woozy as my internal clock is wonky and sleeping on my back is tough!
  • Navydaddjtc
    edited September 2019
    I HAD THE RIGHT TEAM JUST THE WRONG NAME... MY BAD... A SENIOR MOMENT
    vj3ajykca7eo.png
    PLEASE WELCOME TO THE OCTOBER CHALLENGE ON TEAM TRIMSTONES
    @Loriab901
    LET’S HELP IN GETTING THIS TEAMMATE SETTLED FOR THE OCTOBER CHALLENGE
    THANKS GREG
    LISELYN WILL POST THEM ON THE OCT SPREADSHEET
  • kmfeig87
    @jessicakrall8 So glad your house is back together and looking great!

My favorite place to walk is on the beach....but since that is far away, the walking trail along the stream near me....but since it is still really hot and I'm not back up to speed, an air conditioned antique mall will do quite nicely. Please keep me on the step chart for October!
  • jessicakrall8
    @Loriab901 Welcome to TrimStones!! I hope you love it here as I do! I'm Jessica, 53, one of your captains... @mulecanter will also be a supportive captain...he's lurking around here someplace... hope you'll take a few minutes to introduce yourself, mention a little bit about your journey and your goals of what you'd like to accomplish. We have a steppers team if you're a walk fanatic as I am...if you'd like to join that, please let me know as I monitor the stats for that group. You can find the step chart at the bottom of the same spreadsheet where you see the weight stats...just scroll on down to the bottom and you'll see it.

Talk to you soon...again, welcome to the fam!
    Jessica
  • schlerin
    schlerin Posts: 801 Member
    @jessicakrall8 I tried sending a fitbit friend request, not sure if it worked. Technology is hard some days!

Steps:
    9/25 = 7,113
    9/26 = 11,014
    9/27 = 6,109
    9/28 = 11,473
    Yes I'd like to stay in for October.

Sunday
    Week 1
    PW: 202.4
    CW: 202.4

• jessicakrall8
    schlerin wrote: »
    @jessicakrall8 I tried sending a fitbit friend request, not sure if it worked. Technology is hard some days!

Yes I'd like to stay in for October.

Hey there...send me a message on here with your email and I'll try to add you on Fitbit...it can be tricky, you're right. I don't currently have any requests, but I didn't know to watch for you, so I may have deleted it by accident.

I have you added to the step chart for October and I updated the last of your steps from Sept. Thanks!
    Jessica
This discussion has been closed.