Tracked yes
    Under yes
    Exercise yes

Water 50 oz
    Steps 15294
  • lozenger1984
    lozenger1984 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I tried a new taekwondo class tonight as didn't want to go a whole month without training. It was a different style so like being a clueless newbie again but I think a little humility is good to challenge yourself every once in a while. So I did an hour class and 10000 steps today including some big hills which i'm striding up now.

My guestimation of calories is 1280 for today. Honestly, MFP has become such a way of life for me (which is a great thing to realise given my previous weight) that being unable to weigh myself and food and log accurately is really stressful. I put on 14lbs in 2 weeks last time I was in California a few years ago and am terrified of doing the same (even though I know i'm eating way less and moving more than last time).

There were scales in the changing room at TKD tonight. I weighed at 150 but i'm gonna assume they were broken as much as i'd love to have dropped 10lbs!
  • petrocoetsee
    petrocoetsee Posts: 829 Member
    Options
    10/7 Monday
    Mini challenge
    Tracked...yes
    Under... Yes
    Exercise: No, rest day.

Other challenges:
    Steps:4,000 guestimate. Fitbit not working

Water: oz.85
  • Coral333
    Coral333 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Coral333 wrote: »
    @lozenger1984 That is an impressive step count and will have gone some way to mitigating the lasagne and ice cream which btw sound delicious!

@sandkp the arm workout you posted looks really good! I think I'm going to give it a go at the gym tomorrow for some upper body work :)

@swauters I think changing up goals to what your body is telling you it needs is vital and often something we overlook so that sounds great! This month I'm looking to do the same sort of thing and slow down a little mentally and include more yoga and meditation again as I know it really helps me.

Today has been a good day food and exercise wise and I feel much more together with it all. Hope everyone has had a great start to your week! @cmhubbard92 I'm closing out the day with 10221 steps but couldn't find the tab in our spreadsheet, could you point me in the right direction as I'm sure I've just not looked properly!!

@Coral333 I just had the chance to make a new tab for the week. I had a family emergency/death occur today. I am hoping to continue checking in the next few days, but things may become hectic.

Oh Christine I’m so sorry for your loss. The spreadsheet should be the least of your concern right now so please don’t feel any pressure to do that. Take care of yourself x
  • cmhubbard92
    cmhubbard92 Posts: 5,018 Member
    Options
    10/6/19
    Tracked: yes
    Under: yes
    Exercise: yes

10/7/19
    Steps: 13,651
    Water: 130.6oz

@Coral333 thank you, I will try. It was my aunt who passed away unexpectedly(just got off the phone with her on Sunday), so now I have no idea how everything is looking with family plans... my brother is trying to get a flight home, but they seem to be charging ~$700 or more... I have a busy afternoon planned and am hoping I can scoot out of work early... had the worst night of sleep in a long time, so hoping I can find some type of medium today even though I feel like doing nothing... somewhere in there, you're right-I will have to find somewhere in there to take care of myself too...

@HASWLRS I forgot to weigh in this morning, I will try to remember tomorrow.
  • pkg1998
    pkg1998 Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    MINI CHALLENGE (10/6 - 10/12)

Sunday - No, No, No
    Monday - Yes, No, Yes
    Tuesday -
    Wednesday -
    Thursday -
    Friday -
    Saturday -
  • pkg1998
    Options
    Coral333 wrote: »
    @lozenger1984 That is an impressive step count and will have gone some way to mitigating the lasagne and ice cream which btw sound delicious!

@sandkp the arm workout you posted looks really good! I think I'm going to give it a go at the gym tomorrow for some upper body work :)

@swauters I think changing up goals to what your body is telling you it needs is vital and often something we overlook so that sounds great! This month I'm looking to do the same sort of thing and slow down a little mentally and include more yoga and meditation again as I know it really helps me.

Today has been a good day food and exercise wise and I feel much more together with it all. Hope everyone has had a great start to your week! @cmhubbard92 I'm closing out the day with 10221 steps but couldn't find the tab in our spreadsheet, could you point me in the right direction as I'm sure I've just not looked properly!!

@Coral333 I just had the chance to make a new tab for the week. I had a family emergency/death occur today. I am hoping to continue checking in the next few days, but things may become hectic.

@cmhubbard92 Wow - so sorry to hear about your emergency/death. If we can do anything from a distance, let us know {{HUGS}} from your team.
  • pkg1998
    Options
    I tried a new taekwondo class tonight as didn't want to go a whole month without training. It was a different style so like being a clueless newbie again but I think a little humility is good to challenge yourself every once in a while. So I did an hour class and 10000 steps today including some big hills which i'm striding up now.

My guestimation of calories is 1280 for today. Honestly, MFP has become such a way of life for me (which is a great thing to realise given my previous weight) that being unable to weigh myself and food and log accurately is really stressful. I put on 14lbs in 2 weeks last time I was in California a few years ago and am terrified of doing the same (even though I know i'm eating way less and moving more than last time).

There were scales in the changing room at TKD tonight. I weighed at 150 but i'm gonna assume they were broken as much as i'd love to have dropped 10lbs!

@lozenger1984 I would love to get up the courage to try new activities, but at my level I feel like I would be more than clueless and end up feeling lost and out of place. Maybe once I get my weight down some I’ll be more willing to take that chance.

Regarding the scale, we all know different scales weight differently, but I bet it was nice to see that number :)
  • swauters
    swauters Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    @cmhubbard92 I am sorry to hear about your loss
  • brandi_84
    brandi_84 Posts: 1,963 Member
    Options
    @cmhubbard92 I'm very sorry for your loss.
    You have been doing a lot for TBBT, helping to keep us motivated. But focus on yourself and your family and don't worry about the spreadsheet and stuff until you feel like it.
  • brandi_84
    Options

@lozenger1984 I hope you enjoyed the class though. TKD is a great calorie burner. If you plan on going back you can use the scales to keep track of at least consistency. Unless it is a digital with a low battery. I have no idea where else to find a scale.
  • brandi_84
    Options
    And there my fitbit device decided not to work any longer :'(:'( . I ordered a new charging cable and I should get it tomorrow afternoon. Now I am holding thumbs that the new cable will resolve the charging issue. I feel like I lost a crucial limb :s

@petrocoetsee I have never heard the expression "holding thumbs" before but it makes so much better sense than "crossing fingers"! I hope that the new charging cable works out for you.
  • annabananamc
    annabananamc Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I'm back from Belize where I had less internet than planned, so I didn't get to track or weigh-in last week. Starting back up today and happy to see the scale shows a loss upon homecoming despite the carb heavy central american diet - if it will hold til Thursday I'm all set! Thank you all for being here!
  • brandi_84
    Options
    I'm back from Belize where I had less internet than planned, so I didn't get to track or weigh-in last week. Starting back up today and happy to see the scale shows a loss upon homecoming despite the carb heavy central american diet - if it will hold til Thursday I'm all set! Thank you all for being here!

@annabananamc A loss after coming home from a trip is awesome! I hope you had a great time in Belize.
  • brandi_84
    Options
    Mini Challenge
    Monday 10.7.19
    I put very little effort toward the mini challenge yesterday. I got busy with my daughter's Taekwondo belt promotion ceremony last night. we had a big (home cooked) steak dinner in celebration.
    Water: I only managed 16 oz
  • murdog3t
    murdog3t Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    Oct 7
    Tracking: yes
    Calories: yes
    Step: 13521
    Water:88oz
    30 min yoga
    15 min meditation
    45 min hike
  • lozenger1984
    lozenger1984 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    pkg1998 wrote: »

@lozenger1984 I would love to get up the courage to try new activities, but at my level I feel like I would be more than clueless and end up feeling lost and out of place. Maybe once I get my weight down some I’ll be more willing to take that chance.

)
    This is a bit long sorry.

Starting exercise was really scary for me. I was very overweight and unfit and trying to ignore it. I was teaching students a module about self care and they did an exercise where they had to check their emotions then do an activity like meditation, sport, yoga, colouring, then check them again. Most of them did sport and talked about how much it reduced stress for them. I was in a bad period of burnout and knew I was hurting my body and my future so thought I'd start to try things.

The approach I took was try several classes to see what I liked. To take someone with me as I was really nervous. To get a personal trainer to get me into the gym and show me some basics.

The activity that stuck was taekwondo. I sucked at the first session (but you're supposed to). The instructor is firm but supportive. He told me your legs will hurt for six weeks then you'll be stronger than ever. It meant I pushed through all the muscle soreness that used to tell me I was too unfit for sport (now I embrace it as a sign of a good workout).

The personal trainer got me into the gym (big first step) and helped me to feel like I knew what I was doing. She encouraged me out of the women's only area and eventually into the centre of the weights area. It was definately a good investment but you need the right person who you trust.

2 years ago I started running. I was still pretty unfit and started 1 min jog, 1 min walk on the treadmill for 20 mins. I did interval training and built up from there. I wasn't until this summer I started running outside which I now kinda enjoy. And booked this 10k I'm gonna struggle with but finish it anyway.

I still get really nervous. I was sweaty palmed heading in last night. I don't know if this will ever go away but I'm hoping keep doing it and keep realising its OK when I do will help.

All the best in your journey.
  • petrocoetsee
    petrocoetsee Posts: 829 Member
    Options
    brandi_84 wrote: »
    And there my fitbit device decided not to work any longer :'(:'( . I ordered a new charging cable and I should get it tomorrow afternoon. Now I am holding thumbs that the new cable will resolve the charging issue. I feel like I lost a crucial limb :s

@petrocoetsee I have never heard the expression "holding thumbs" before but it makes so much better sense than "crossing fingers"! I hope that the new charging cable works out for you.
    When I wrote the post, in the back of my mind I knew there was another expression than the one I used, but for the life of me I couldn't remember what it was. We all grow up in different parts of the world and whilst we may speak the same language, local dialect of that language makes it more like a foreign one. The same applies to expressions, words for certain dishes, etc.
    I am however happy to report that my holding thumbs worked as the new charge cable I received is working like a charm and my lost limb is back and working. :)
  • Calli1616
    Calli1616 Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    Mon 10/7:
    Workout: yes, 90 min - did a FitnessBlender workout with a lot of lower body strength exercises
    Water: 80oz
    Steps: 13,772

@cmhubbard92 - I'm so sorry for your loss.
This discussion has been closed.