• NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    maybe1pe wrote: »
    NovusDies wrote: »
    Hmmm ok.

SW: 281
    CW as of this morning 167.4

Today I'll do some random workout numbers because I'm pretty excited about the progress I'm having on my programming.

Hip thrust 255lbs x6 x3 - PR for me by 20 ish lbs. I think I could have done more but gotta form check with my coach.
    Sumo Dead Lift 155x8 - almost to my body weight!

Banded assisted chin ups - 11.... need to move to the next band down.
    Band assisted pull ups - 8.

I've been trying to focus much less on my scale weight and much more on my gym performance. So far my weight is holding pretty steady, up a bit today from the weekend from stress, lack of sleep, and eating out (it was my grandmas funeral)

Other numbers
    3 - dogs that get walkies for 45 minutes every day so that they don't make me lose my mind.
    32 days until I get a month off work.

You want another dog to add to your walk? Mine will throw tantrums later in the day... or I should say worse tantrums later in the day if I do not get his energy down.

You should be excited about your progress! You are a rock star!

Funerals are tough. I really hate saying "Sorry for your loss" or anything else that is normally said so I prefer to remind people to take care of themselves as they grieve.

Thank you, I honestly hate when people say that... that and "how are you"... ugh.

I would absolutely walk your dog. I think it's my dream someday to open a doggy day care facility or become a full time dog walker/sitter...
    My 3 are 9.5 years old yorkiepoo. 7 poodle mix of some kind, and just turned 1 mini australian shephard. Talk about energy... ... and I'm highly considering getting another puppy... I might be crazy. but I enjoy all of their energy and they keep me on my toes.

Even more annoying is that the majority of time when someone asks you how you are doing during a time like that they are, imo, not really interested in the true details.

I work from home so I take my dog to daycare about once a week so he can do his social thing and I can have a day of peace. It works out really well. He loves going. I am going to need to trim the budget for a time so we may finally try out a nearby dog park this week.
  • maybe1pe
    maybe1pe Posts: 529 Member
    Hmmm ok.

Today I'll do some random workout numbers because I'm pretty excited about the progress I'm having on my programming.

Hip thrust 255lbs x6 x3 - PR for me by 20 ish lbs. I think I could have done more but gotta form check with my coach.

I've been trying to focus much less on my scale weight and much more on my gym performance. So far my weight is holding pretty steady, up a bit today from the weekend from stress, lack of sleep, and eating out (it was my grandmas funeral)

Other numbers
    3 - dogs that get walkies for 45 minutes every day so that they don't make me lose my mind.

You want another dog to add to your walk? Mine will throw tantrums later in the day... or I should say worse tantrums later in the day if I do not get his energy down.

Funerals are tough. I really hate saying "Sorry for your loss" or anything else that is normally said so I prefer to remind people to take care of themselves as they grieve.

Thank you, I honestly hate when people say that... that and "how are you"... ugh.

I would absolutely walk your dog. I think it's my dream someday to open a doggy day care facility or become a full time dog walker/sitter...
    My 3 are 9.5 years old yorkiepoo. 7 poodle mix of some kind, and just turned 1 mini australian shephard. Talk about energy... ... and I'm highly considering getting another puppy... I might be crazy. but I enjoy all of their energy and they keep me on my toes.

Even more annoying is that the majority of time when someone asks you how you are doing during a time like that they are, imo, not really interested in the true details.

I work from home so I take my dog to daycare about once a week so he can do his social thing and I can have a day of peace. It works out really well. He loves going. I am going to need to trim the budget for a time so we may finally try out a nearby dog park this week.

I've considered putting my puppy into doggy day care one day a week just so he can go play to his little hearts content.
  • NovusDies
    Hmmm ok.

Other numbers

I've considered putting my puppy into doggy day care one day a week just so he can go play to his little hearts content.

I only have the one pup so I feel like it is a big benefit for both of us. I picked him up when he was 8 or 9 months old or as I call it the "devil age" and he had no discernible training other than the pee pad which I do not use. It has honestly been a challenge to even keep him but I have rules about such things so I have stuck it out and it is paying off. There is a good dog inside him and I just have to keep chipping away at what the morons that had him before did. Daycare helped me recharge my patience batteries or at least keep them from being totally depleted a few times. He was quite the dog shark in the beginning.
  • maybe1pe
    Hmmm ok.

Other numbers

I only have the one pup so I feel like it is a big benefit for both of us. I picked him up when he was 8 or 9 months old or as I call it the "devil age" and he had no discernible training other than the pee pad which I do not use. It has honestly been a challenge to even keep him but I have rules about such things so I have stuck it out and it is paying off. There is a good dog inside him and I just have to keep chipping away at what the morons that had him before did. Daycare helped me recharge my patience batteries or at least keep them from being totally depleted a few times. He was quite the dog shark in the beginning.

I have a dog that I rescued when he was around 3 years old. There's no amount of reassuring I can do that could convince him that we will not, in fact, run out of doggy food at any point. I don't know what his life was before but it couldn't have been great.

At just over a year our puppy is well trained... I know because I trained him myself but he's going thru a stage right now where you would think he knew nothing... land shark is an apt term. I'm thinking day care just to give my two older dogs a break during the day.
  • NovusDies
    Hmmm ok.

Other numbers

I have a dog that I rescued when he was around 3 years old. There's no amount of reassuring I can do that could convince him that we will not, in fact, run out of doggy food at any point. I don't know what his life was before but it couldn't have been great.

At just over a year our puppy is well trained... I know because I trained him myself but he's going thru a stage right now where you would think he knew nothing... land shark is an apt term. I'm thinking day care just to give my two older dogs a break during the day.

Oh man. Mine has food anxiety and schedule anxiety. Trouble is he can't tell time so his anxieties will sometimes kick in 90 minutes before he is scheduled to eat or have an activity. I have considered trying to get him "full" with some lower calorie additions to his food but he can't do volume because he throws it back up even if forced to eat it much slower.

I have high expectations from him and maybe even higher because he is a rescue. I push him really hard and as a result his confidence is significantly higher than when I got him. He is a pup so I allow for some weak areas in his training for now but I still push him for excellence. An example is our fetch game. When we started it he had little interest in anything about it and really hated giving up anything that was in his mouth. It took weeks of daily work and small successes. I was determined and eventually he has graduated to running on a 50 foot leash, retrieving the ball, and when he brings it back he drops it in my hand. If he drops the ball too soon I say "Bring it to my hand" and he picks it back up and brings it to me. Now when I need it I can wear his energy down in a very short amount of time.
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    We have had assorted dogs the past 40 yrs and for a few years, raised and bred boxers....we have had wonderful rescued dogs,the last two passing two years ago at 14 yrs old....last March our daughter bought a Pitsky....pure husky and pit mix....this has been the puppy from Hell....the only reason we have kept her is because we are honestly afraid any other owners would mistreat her into submission...she has been to puppy school twice and the last time she nipped the instructor...Willow has eaten ear phones,telephones,vacuum chords,a chair,remotes,and swallowed hair scrunchies...she has been house trained immediately and does various commands and tricks....she gets over stimulated and excited...and then she jumps or bites...she is big and strong with bright blue eyes...she never growls or snarls, she is simply a happy biter...she is getting better but is certainly a challenge...puppy play school is not an option because she doesn’t like other dogs!...a small child wouldn’t have a chance with her....she is ok with our 11 and 14 year old kiddos...loves to ride in the car and can be very loving....I hope she keeps getting better....I can certainly understand problems with land sharks because she would lead the pack!
  • maybe1pe
    We have had assorted dogs the past 40 yrs and for a few years, raised and bred boxers....we have had wonderful rescued dogs,the last two passing two years ago at 14 yrs old....last March our daughter bought a Pitsky....pure husky and pit mix....this has been the puppy from Hell....the only reason we have kept her is because we are honestly afraid any other owners would mistreat her into submission...she has been to puppy school twice and the last time she nipped the instructor...Willow has eaten ear phones,telephones,vacuum chords,a chair,remotes,and swallowed hair scrunchies...she has been house trained immediately and does various commands and tricks....she gets over stimulated and excited...and then she jumps or bites...she is big and strong with bright blue eyes...she never growls or snarls, she is simply a happy biter...she is getting better but is certainly a challenge...puppy play school is not an option because she doesn’t like other dogs!...a small child wouldn’t have a chance with her....she is ok with our 11 and 14 year old kiddos...loves to ride in the car and can be very loving....I hope she keeps getting better....I can certainly understand problems with land sharks because she would lead the pack!

my ex had a lab husky mix. and that sounds exactly like her. she was a terror. She was so smart, but so stubborn and would just refuse to do something just because. She chewed the base boards in my exes house to shreds. Chewed furniture, doors, clothes, everything. but she loved my little dog when they met they were best friends. But she was a stubborn landshark even when she was 6 years old.
    Hmmm ok.

Other numbers

Oh man. Mine has food anxiety and schedule anxiety. Trouble is he can't tell time so his anxieties will sometimes kick in 90 minutes before he is scheduled to eat or have an activity. I have considered trying to get him "full" with some lower calorie additions to his food but he can't do volume because he throws it back up even if forced to eat it much slower.

I have high expectations from him and maybe even higher because he is a rescue. I push him really hard and as a result his confidence is significantly higher than when I got him. He is a pup so I allow for some weak areas in his training for now but I still push him for excellence. An example is our fetch game. When we started it he had little interest in anything about it and really hated giving up anything that was in his mouth. It took weeks of daily work and small successes. I was determined and eventually he has graduated to running on a 50 foot leash, retrieving the ball, and when he brings it back he drops it in my hand. If he drops the ball too soon I say "Bring it to my hand" and he picks it back up and brings it to me. Now when I need it I can wear his energy down in a very short amount of time.

Sounds like you've made awesome progress so far! Keep at it! It's definitely exhausting but really rewarding!

It's amazing the bad habits dogs can learn even in such short amounts of time. The one thing I will give my rescue is that he never needed to be trained to walk on a leash. He knows his place in the pack and he will follow behind me on leash or off leash, always right at my heel.
  • NovusDies
    He still has some puppy moments on the leash but it has improved dramatically. He is very stubborn and when he senses I am not feeling 100 percent he tends to "pour it on." I miss having dogs that knew their place. My last one and the one before him would follow me anywhere off leash but I had them from an early puppy phase. This one lived in an apartment for the first almost year of his life and given the fact he was scared to go outside initially I don't think he spent any amount of time outdoors.

It is amazing how fast a smart dog can learn the wrong thing and then how long it takes to re-educate them. It is our mistake because they are learning all the time not just when we take the time to engage in training. I try to be really consistent with the informal stuff like telling him where I am headed in the house because that helps with a shepherding dog who will try to block your path. Still I am human and so he has and probably will learn the wrong lessons from me.

We have shifted here and while I do not mind adapting towards a dog initially to work through things he has been here 6 months now and I am expecting him to adapt more towards us. The biggest adjustment is that outside is for "big" play and inside is for quiet play and complaining about it is unacceptable. It does mean he will get bored during the work day but that is just how things work. He can chew on his toys on his bed or nap. I do my part by alternating his inside toys but we all know that doesn't last for long. Tough. Welcome to the real world.
  • conniewilkins56
    304.0 this morning!...down 46 lbs since May 28.... I can’t wait until I see a 2 as my first number.....also went to Outback for lunch and had a very nice steak...I think my body needed a protein boost to get my week going!...
  • NovusDies
    304.0 this morning!...down 46 lbs since May 28.... I can’t wait until I see a 2 as my first number.....also went to Outback for lunch and had a very nice steak...I think my body needed a protein boost to get my week going!...

You are impressive. I hope you feel impressive.

You get to celebrate two milestones at once. 50 pounds and the loss of your 3.
  • leonard41704
    leonard41704 Posts: 33 Member
    I’m 41. I’m 6’6” tall. I started my journey on July 4th. My starting weight was 357, current is 322. My goal is 300. I’ll see were I want to go from there.
  • katy9599
    katy9599 Posts: 874 Member
    That’s amazing Merph!
  • Jackie9003
    Jackie9003 Posts: 1,105 Member
    So, I ended October 1lb up on the previous month and 3lb over from my lowest recorded weight in August.
    Given the fact the the previous 6 weeks have been more off plan than on I'm actually pleased with that result, I've kept as active as possible so I'm sure that has helped enormously. Hopefully November will be easier and I'll kick those 3lbs, and a little bit more, to get a new low.
  • NovusDies
    I have still not been weight stable long enough to place any significance on my numbers. My weight has been a rollercoaster of 3-5 pound swings every 4 days. The lowest weight I have recorded was the day after my surgery and it already had inflammation/water retention in it. I am 3.4 pounds up from that number today. Since I am guessing at everything including my current TDEE I believe I have either lost around 2 pounds of fat or I have gained about 1 pound of fat. It really depends on my TDEE. I have been creating some small deficits (I think) but my hunger has been more pronounced until earlier this week so I have been eating more too.

Now that my hunger seems to be back where it is normally I am going to strive for greater consistency this week (my weight loss week begins on Friday).
  • NovusDies
    I am so excited to report I am down 30.4 pounds since starting this on May 7, 2019.

Good work!
  • conniewilkins56
    Great losses!....