solieco1
    189.8 previous
    189.4 today

@solieco1 Great start to November.
  • pkg1998
    pkg1998 Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    asha170880 wrote: »
    Hello all, excited to be here.Participating for the first time in a weight loss group challenge.I am a stay at home mom with a 9 month old baby.Hoping to get healthier and fitter before my 40th birthday next year :)

@asha170880 Welcome to the team! Good luck on achieving your goals.
  • pkg1998
    pkg1998 Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Welcome to November TBBT! Excited about starting the new month fresh and being motivated to start/continue these healthy habits as we get closer to the holidays and potential struggles.

Don’t forget to post your updates on the Ultimate Mini-Challenge (week 1 starts today) and the Steps/Water Challenge (starts tomorrow). I’m going to try to start each week with a “question of the week”. It will be focused on things I might be struggling with or things I’m seeing in the posts each week. One of the biggest benefits of this team is getting suggestions from the other team members on how to handle things that are stopping us from achieving our goals.

WEEK 1 - Question of the week

Other than walking (which a lot of our team members do as shown in the step challenge), what types of exercise do you fit into your week? This is for me because I’m very good about walking on the treadmill, but I think I need to add something else.

Looking forward to your answers and good luck on this first week in November.
  • p_mad
    p_mad Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    pkg1998 wrote: »

Other than walking (which a lot of our team members do as shown in the step challenge), what types of exercise do you fit into your week? This is for me because I’m very good about walking on the treadmill, but I think I need to add something else.

Hi! I would like to suggest the Nike Training app. You can put in your stats and it suggests you workouts according to your firness level, the time you want to spend on workouts, and you can also edit those; also it’s free and has no ads, so that’s a plus!
    Otherwise I follow fitness blender workouts because I don’t go to the gym.
  • Shortgirlrunning
    Shortgirlrunning Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options

I run and am currently doing BeachBody’s 21 Day Fix Program. 21 Day Fix is 30 minutes every day and a mix of strength, cardio, and yoga. And then I run 3x a week. Currently I’m off season and not training for a race so I’m doing 2 miles twice a week and my long run on the weekend is 3 miles.

Before I decided to pay for Beachbody, I used FitnessBlender and PopSugarFitness on YouTube for my at home workouts.
  • brandi_84
    brandi_84 Posts: 1,963 Member
    Options

Exercise is the thing I struggle to include -which is always my regret because I do enjoy certain exercises.
    I like to do strength training. I feel really motivated when I can feel my muscles toning. I find it relaxing, mentally.

Also, yoga is another exercise I try to do because it is a great way to stretch out the muscles and improve movement and flexibility.

• GuessimGryffindor
    GuessimGryffindor Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Hello to my fellow big but theorists! Just a quick introduction as I am out and about. My name is Herb been on MFP a few months now I’ve got the exercise down but my diet has been a big struggle. I’m from Southwest Iowa, fall is here holidays are coming and I really want to get ahead so maybe this season I will actually lose weight. I do love pumpkin pie and eggnog the struggle is real😆😎
  • cmhubbard92
    cmhubbard92 Posts: 5,028 Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    pkg1998 wrote:

I used to go to the gym every morning before work, but that has completely stopped since I moved and started new job. The gym now(another location) is about ten minutes from my house and 15 or so from my house, and I start work at 5am... so now I have been walking with the dogs when the weather has cooperated, or use our stationary bike.

My goals for this month(both fitness and diet-wise) are to:
    1. Walk or use bike 5x a week
    2. Go back to a minimum of 60min yoga per week(broken up however is possible)
    3. Refocus on strength. This may be my 30 day challenges(app on android) or going back to using Darabee Workouts
    4. Continue aiming for 10,000 steps/day. Aim for higher step counts on weekend!
    5. Pre-plan meals more often, instead of just making *whatever* is easy/quick!
    6. Continue weighing foods

I really want to refocus over this month, as I will have to get a bunch of tests done for work in order to continue receiving a discount on my health insurance, and dropping even more weight would help a lot with all of my numbers, I'm sure!
  • kiadams317750
    kiadams317750 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
  • kiadams317750
    kiadams317750 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    @ab0213
    I am trying to find out if I was assigned to a team and what I should do next. Would you help me please. 😃
  • cmhubbard92
    edited November 2019
    Options
    @kiadams317750 it says in the registration thread that you are on team Gutbusters. You should head to their thread, introduce yourself, and get to know your team!
  • FitByFifty1970
    FitByFifty1970 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 49, female, 5'6". I weigh in on Sundays. Here is a screen shot of my spreadsheet - I figured I'd post that weekly if that's okay.
    As for exercise - I'm unable to do anything due to injuries so I have to lose the weight with just my food choices.

5rkbbiuyl5x4.png
  • lozenger1984
    lozenger1984 Posts: 166 Member
    Options

I do taekwondo, working towards black belt mid 2020.
    I’m running a fair bit now. Have another 10k on 24/11.
    I used to weight lift a lot but have found it not as good while losing weight (some of my PB weights are now less than half). Looking at some programmes to do a bit more as my butt has gone really flat now!
    Occasional yoga, swimming or hiking.

• Coral333
    Coral333 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Welcome to November TBBT! Excited about starting the new month fresh and being motivated to start/continue these healthy habits as we get closer to the holidays and potential struggles.

Don’t forget to post your updates on the Ultimate Mini-Challenge (week 1 starts today) and the Steps/Water Challenge (starts tomorrow). I’m going to try to start each week with a “question of the week”. It will be focused on things I might be struggling with or things I’m seeing in the posts each week. One of the biggest benefits of this team is getting suggestions from the other team members on how to handle things that are stopping us from achieving our goals.

Great question! I’ve been really enjoying using the spin bike at the gym and I use an app called Aaptiv that is essentially a gym class in your ears 😂 This has definitely helped with my motivation when I’m at the gym!
    I also like to lift weights although I haven’t been as consistent as I’d like recently.
  • Coral333
    Coral333 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    @cmhubbard92 I’ll be back on the step challenge this week Christine! Feeling really motivated to hit that Christmas goal ☺️
  • cmhubbard92
    Options
    Coral333 wrote: »
    @cmhubbard92 I’ll be back on the step challenge this week Christine! Feeling really motivated to hit that Christmas goal ☺️

@Coral333 I will add you back in! Super excited to get the energy back for the team! I have been very low on steps today, but I am focised for the week ahead of us!
  • Shortgirlrunning
    Shortgirlrunning Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    @Coral333 - I used to use Aaptiv! I really liked it! I loved their guided run options...maybe I should get it again
This discussion has been closed.