July 2019 B210k group

12346»

Replies

• TheMrWobbly
    TheMrWobbly Posts: 2,541 Member
    So my training plan included a 'speed' test yesterday. Apart from the fact I got confused as the app talked to me every 1/2 mile instead of every mile so I started my 'quick mile' early as I couldn't hear the voice with the nearby traffic I gave a really good effort for just over a mile. Made almost no difference what so ever. Instead of 10 minute mile I did - wait for it - 9:54!!! Oh yeah, I showed them a thing or two.

To be fair it was first sub 31 minute 5k so there was something to smile about through the sweat pouring from my brow :)
  • TheMrWobbly
    A busy day with cycling and walking before my parkrun. I tried Eastbourne for the first time and it was tricky as the first 1/2 mile was narrow and I spent most of the time trying to avoid others and chopping and changing pace. Came up with a new PB at 30:23, there is more to come as I had a comfortable bike ride home afterwards.
  • TheMrWobbly
    A bit slower tonight through 5k at 32:44. Thinking about skipping Thursday's jog before trying 15k on Saturday
  • TheMrWobbly
    I think it is time to sign off from this group. I would love to hear from any of you who have been active and supportive whether for racing fairy updates or showjumping stories. I look forward to seeing you in other running forums on MFP or would love to join as 'friends'.

I will sign of with style (for me anyway) with my first ever half marathon raising money for the poppy appeal (for ex-service personnel and their families). This is 19 weeks from my start of C25K and 5 weeks from my first 5k this century. You all can do this!
    r3ocd884yxai.jpg
    lu9ji2fe1qck.jpg

• kilobykilo
    kilobykilo Posts: 800 Member
    Love this so much! Well done! Excite to follow you on the rest of your journey and whatever amazong successes that brings!
  • showjumper
    showjumper Posts: 335 Member