TEAM: The Slimsons (November)

Options

Replies

• Kin59vara
    Kin59vara Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Kin59vara wrote: »
    I would appreciate some suggestions as to a diet book that would give me a plan. I am thinking I need to get stricter in my eating to aid in refocusing myself. I am becoming confused by everything and know I am out of control. Thanks so much!

I would suggest keeping it simple....at least initially. I worked with my doctor to come up with a reasonable calorie limit where I could lose weight safely. She also suggested a low carb, high lean protein eating plan. The emphasis on protein keeps me full.

Thanks so much for your advice and taking the time to respond.
  • Kin59vara
    Options
    AB0215 wrote: »
    Kin59vara wrote: »
    Weekly weigh-in
    Weigh in day Sunday
    PW= 163.5
    CW= 165.6

I am out of control. I need to refocus and get myself together.

@Kin59vara When I am out of control (and it's happened several times) I tend to overhaul my diet and do something even more drastic, because I can't do moderation, for some reason, moderation for me leads me down a rabbit hold of complete loss of control. First time I went keto, then when I lost control again, I added intermittent fasting (16:8) and this last time that I lost control I added ADF and it's helping with the control problem. Making myself strict rules to follow is how I regain control.

Thanks for your advice and taking the time to give it. I feel the same way I need sometimes to make strict rules.
  • Kin59vara
    Options
    Daily Post: Monday, November 11,

Track: Yes
    Calories: yes UNDER
    Exercise: Yes Daily Burn,15779 steps
    Goals/Day/Comments: I appreciate all the support and advice that everyone gave me.
  • 143tobe
    143tobe Posts: 620 Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Daily Post: Sunday

Calories: Yes - with 1 calorie to spare :D
    Exercise: Yes, 30 minute outdoor run

Comments: Didn't get a long run in this weekend because I have to clean for my son's birthday party on Tuesday. When I don't do my long run...it makes me feel tired and lazy. The weather has been sooo grey here and it gets dark so early that I feel like I might as well be living in Alaska. I still have to clean and work today (Monday) so I won't be able to get my full workouts in until Wednesday. I hate anything that messes with my normal schedule. I am one of those people who always keeps a messy house but will clean it when I absolutely HAVE to, but it takes days and I get really stressed out. I wish I was one of those people who just always keep a tidy house but I just never learned how to clean growing up. I really need to figure it out because I HATE the clutter. I was feeling really good and positive at the end of the week. Since yesterday I'm just feeling so down. I think it's the weather and the stress of having my husband's family over for the birthday party. They have perfectly clean and tidy houses. My messy house is just another thing that makes me different and a failure here.
  • karsei01
    karsei01 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Karsei01
    November Wk 2
    PW: 246,9 CW: 244,3
    Loss last week: 2,6
    Loss nov: 4,8
    Loss Total: 4,8

Trying to be consistent, but it's not too easy. Been to much work, incl two nightshifts. And...yesterday was fathers day here, so we had delicious cake!!
  • o0kody0o
    o0kody0o Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    143tobe wrote: »

Comments: Didn't get a long run in this weekend because I have to clean for my son's birthday party on Tuesday. When I don't do my long run...it makes me feel tired and lazy. The weather has been sooo grey here and it gets dark so early that I feel like I might as well be living in Alaska. I still have to clean and work today (Monday) so I won't be able to get my full workouts in until Wednesday. I hate anything that messes with my normal schedule. I am one of those people who always keeps a messy house but will clean it when I absolutely HAVE to, but it takes days and I get really stressed out. I wish I was one of those people who just always keep a tidy house but I just never learned how to clean growing up. I really need to figure it out because I HATE the clutter. I was feeling really good and positive at the end of the week. Since yesterday I'm just feeling so down. I think it's the weather and the stress of having my husband's family over for the birthday party. They have perfectly clean and tidy houses. My messy house is just another thing that makes me different and a failure here.

You’re definitely not a failure 🤗 Whenever I tidy my house, it ends up messy within hours again and it just seems pointless. My little one is into everything...my living room looks like a toy shop that’s been ransacked, but that’s life! I hope you all have a fantastic day on Tuesday. My sons 1st birthday is on Thursday so we’re going to be busy over the next few days too. Hope you feel better soon 💕

• o0kody0o
    Options
    🌟Weekly weigh-in: Monday

👧Username: o0kody0o
    🗓Week: November, week 2
    👣PW: 138.6
    👣CW: 141.5

Oh. My. Goodness. That is all I have to say for now...I need some time to take this awful news in 😆

• karsei01
    karsei01 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    o0kody0o wrote: »
    🌟Weekly weigh-in: Monday

👧Username: o0kody0o
    🗓Week: November, week 2
    👣PW: 138.6
    👣CW: 141.5

Oh. My. Goodness. That is all I have to say for now...I need some time to take this awful news in 😆

If it's any consilation I can tell you that mine scale has more fluctuation during the week than this...will probably be down four by wednesday and back up on monady if I eat at maintnance...
  • o0kody0o
    Options
    karsei01 wrote: »
    o0kody0o wrote: »

If it's any consilation I can tell you that mine scale has more fluctuation during the week than this...will probably be down four by wednesday and back up on monady if I eat at maintnance...

Thank you. On 2 days of the week I over indulged in chocolate and crisps 🙈 I was expecting a gain but not as much as that! I was shocked 😆 I wake up with good intentions but when night time comes, I end up eating chocolate. From now on I won’t be buying any at all, not even for my other half because I’ll end up eating it myself. If it’s not in the house, I can’t have it. I’ve worked really hard to lose the 46lbs and I’m not going to throw it all down the drain for some chocolate 😊

• LadyRN76
    LadyRN76 Posts: 4,275 Member
    edited November 2019
    Options

Always remember that it's your home. I was married for almost 18 years and felt the same way you did. They ALWAYS had "white glove" houses and mine? Well, let's just say we had 2 kids, I'm a nurse and my ex was a welder. It wasn't horrible, but our home was lived in.

You're not a failure. You're an amazing wife having a party for a husband. The weather plays a huge factor in a lot of people's mental aptitude during this time of year. Take one step at a time and do what you can to stay focused on your long term goals. I do squats, leg raises or lunges or anything I can think of while I clean that helps me with my mindset that even though my routine has been knocked out of whack, I'm still doing something for myself.

Hang in there, you're a great inspiration!
  • satchel2008
    satchel2008 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Daily post Sunday
    Track: yes
    Carbs: on track
    Exercise no
  • AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    Options

@143tobe I think I am predisposed to keeping a messy house, my parents house is always messy to this day and I've resorted to using an app to tell me what to clean every day so that I can keep it clean, rather than spending hours cleaning it when I have company coming (like this upcoming weekend where it's thanksgiving with my family). And I spent yesterday re-organizing my kitchen and pantry.
    I have an app and still fail at keeping my house clean, and I'll admit this but I am embarrassed to admit this, I loaded a whole load of dishes into the dishwasher and then still had to wash by hand another load's worth to get the dishes caught up. And the sad truth is, that is somehow like 2 maybe 3 days worth of dishes in my house. I have no excuse, no kids, no reason not to take the 10 or 15 mins everyday and do these tasks. I just don't get to them somehow.
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,777 Member
    Options
    Hi group I am back. crazy week last week so I did not log. Bad as I got off my Keto. I will be log this week and get more active!! Today I will start with snow shoveling and finish cleaning the garage. My truck is being fixed I hope to be back working on Wensday. So i have time to meal prep for a week or 2 and freeze them. I have been having health proplems the last 2 weeks. I think most off them is caused by my bad food choices. I have a fatty liver and had 30% removed due to cancer. I will check in later today and let you know how the goals today worked out.
  • MayLan
    MayLan Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    MayLan

November: Week #2

Original starting weight: 228

PW: 228
    CW: 228
  • smallhippo1
    smallhippo1 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    CindyJNC1963

November: Week #2

Original starting weight: 273

PW: 180.7
    CW: 178.5

Wooohooo. 40 lbs from goal and only 5 lbs from being down 100 lbs.

159369843.png

Well done fantastic loss, both weekly and overall 😀
  • smallhippo1
    smallhippo1 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Daily post
    11th Nov
    Track-yes
    Calories-yes
    Exercise- no

Had a long day today ad still not feeling 100% do no exercise today haven't even made 10,000 steps but happy with weigh in today 😁
  • CindyJNC1963
    CindyJNC1963 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: November 11th

Calories under goal: Yes
    Exercise: 10,800 steps

It was a beautiful day here in Charlotte. I went on a 3.5 mile walk earlier today and didn't even need a jacket. Hate the summer here but sure love the winter.

• Ver9nika
    Ver9nika Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    gjaholy33 wrote: »
    AB0215 wrote: »
    Question of the Week:
    With the holidays approaching, what is your plan to stay on track?

. . .I am going to have a particularly challenging time this time around,
    Also on a side note, if your plan is simply to enjoy yourself, that's fine too, one day isn't going to kill you! (well for me, it might, but I'm also weird so...lol)

Well unfortunately (and this is depressing but a good thing depends on how you look at) I'll be spending my time in a rehabilitation Center trying to get stronger for my move to Charlotte in December. I was supposed to be in Charlotte by Thanksgiving but once again my body betrayed me and wondered up in the hospital. (It almost makes me give up on making an healthier me that way my body keeps shutting down but I know there's a light at the end of the tunnel)

I hope each new day brings you closer to a full and speedy recovery!
  • Ver9nika
    Ver9nika Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: monday (Nov 11th)

Track: yes
    Calories: no
    Exercise: yes, 10K steps

Comments: Saturday&Sunday were very-very fun, but scale ruined everything on Monday morning: +6.8pounds 😯😯😯😯😯 2 days and +6.8 😮 I didn't even knew it's possible 😯😯😯
This discussion has been closed.