Replies

• reflectionofme
    reflectionofme Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Username: reflectionofme
    Weigh in day: Monday

PW: 126.1
    CW: 123.2

Finally made it below my pre Vegas weight. Took awhile with the extra traveling since getting back.

I'm having surgery on Friday so I'll enjoy the loss while it lasts.

• Safari_Gal_
    Safari_Gal_ Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    Username: reflectionofme
    Weigh in day: Monday

PW: 126.1
    CW: 123.2

Finally made it below my pre Vegas weight. Took awhile with the extra traveling since getting back.

I'm having surgery on Friday so I'll enjoy the loss while it lasts.

Inspiring!!! Way to go!
  • Connie7355
    Connie7355 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    @reflectionofme Very nice loss!! Hope your surgery goes great!!
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,260 Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    ckq9s7loh4gv.jpeg

And the Step winners are:

1st - @fourathomej with 95,705 steps
    2nd - @Steph1498 83,904
    3rd - @Shexio 70,771

Overall the stepping team reported walking 491,599 steps!!!!!! We almost made it from NYC to Niagara Falls at 250 miles (402km) Just 58 miles shy.

Great job ladies! Keep up the good work.
  • Andreabroadley
    Andreabroadley Posts: 5,455 Member
    Options
    Andreabroadley

Sorry I have a bad cold and was in bed yesterday
    Weigh in day: Sunday
    PW: 155.5
    CW: 154.7
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,093 Member
    Options
    Good to see you @Andreabroadley - I have been hoping you were feeling better. It is probably a good time to be home in bed, even if not with a cold. Quite some snow! We're getting it in central Québec now - it is piling up :smile:

Great stepping this week with @fourathomej is leading the pack - WOW! Great job everyone. Lett's make it ALL the way to Niagara Falls next week! Or from Boston to my house :smiley:

Congrats on a great loss and good wishes for your surgery @reflectionofme - hope it all goes well.
  • micki48
    Options
    Great stepping this week with @fourathomej is leading the pack - WOW! Great job everyone. Lett's make it ALL the way to Niagara Falls next week! Or from Boston to my house :smiley:

I was wondering if we could get to the North Pole to see Santa 🎅🏼 by Christmas 🎄? 😉 About 3,000 miles from NYC. We could cut some miles if we leave from your house! 🤗😉😘
  • jugar
    Options
    micki48 wrote: »

I was wondering if we could get to the North Pole to see Santa 🎅🏼 by Christmas 🎄? 😉 About 3,000 miles from NYC. We could cut some miles if we leave from your house! 🤗😉😘

We'd only have about 2,500 to go!
  • Steph1498
    Steph1498 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    @micki48 my steps update
    11/10: 11,695
    11/11: 6,773 (first day in weeks without exercise... it was a long slow day)
  • Gidgitgoescrazy
    Gidgitgoescrazy Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    Did good yesterday, did yoga in the morning, treadmill after work, and stayed within calories, I had my groceries delivered yesterday also... WHY have I never done that before ? I did forget to hard boil eggs though, so I'll do that today... Todays goals aside from boiling eggs, is 20 min of yoga, but I already did that. I will do a 3 mile video when I get home, those take about 40-45 minutes... I am also going to make my lunch for tomorrow so I just have to grab it, I'd like to get my yoga in the mornings to 30 minutes, So I'm hoping that will help...
  • Shexio
    Shexio Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Steps Monday 11/11: 8906
    workout 11/12 Cardio (40mins)

cooler here today and windy. I may have to go to Target, which is close by work, at lunch - just to walk around. meals are planned. so far, I've been diligent with sticking to the meals I've created. 2 Days perfect....going for 3!
  • micki48
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Steps Monday 11/11 10,793

Took a walk and burned lots of NEAT calories.
  • Safari_Gal_
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Morning All!

Coffee and stream of consciousness here ..

Drizzly here in the Big Apple... Wet but the leaves are looking pretty. Have an 1hr training session today.. Bought some produce at my fav grocery store...Le District. It’s like Paris on the Hudson.

Made an overnight Thai chicken crock pot ....

Have a great day!
  • Shexio
    Shexio Posts: 184 Member
    Options

I would be interested in your recipe.

• jugar
    Options
    Sounds like everyone is having a good time cooking, walking, yogaing, shopping, and generally being fabulous! I am deliciously snowed in. Well, I could get out if I wanted to, and will have to go do some shovelling later, but it is beautiful. I love the first big snow of the year, even if it means listening to my husband grumble about it. He never finishes all the things he wants to finish before it comes, so every year it is like a personal affront to him! He makes me laugh (quietly, behind closed doors).

Keep warm and well, all :heart:
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    Late weigh in: 213.4

I mean, jeez. If I only gained 1.5 pounds after the last 4 days of eating just about everything high calorie under the sun, I can't complain at all.

For the record, MFP has an entry for Everything. It's pretty funny. :)

Seems like everyone is doing pretty well as we move along into the holiday season. You're all awesome!

w231ogxa765d.jpg
  • Safari_Gal_
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Shexio wrote: »

I would be interested in your recipe.

Hi @Shexio !

I love this recipe/ it’s so fragrant. 🌱

This recipe is for a large sized crock pot. I like it because it’s really versatile. This is a full fat recipe - I like the flavor. To save calories one could use a lite Coconut milk and use skinless chicken thighs.
    I find the full fat holds up best for 7hrs on low in a crock pot.

Alternatively - this can also be made in a pan! Make the soup base and vegetables first and throw in chicken parts to a low simmer.

Ps - can use shrimp and cod in pan version as well! The cod disintegrates in the crock pot. 🤦🏼‍♀️

Thai Green Curry Soup

15 oz coconut milk
    3- 4 tablespoons Thai Green curry paste
    15oz Chicken broth
    2 lbs Chicken thighs
    6 stalks Green onions
    1half medium Yellow onion
    1 small Red pepper
    1 small yellow pepper
    1 small jalapeno
    1 tablespoonLime juice
    8 Shitake mushroom caps
    Sea salt to taste

Chop all and place in crock pot on low for 7 hours.
    I put it all in crock pot before bed and it’s ready for breakfast! I also put in the chicken parts whole- they fall off the bone in the pot.

Below is a green curry recipe- in a pinch they also sell green curry at many grocery stores. (Thai Kitchen sells one)
    Galangal can be hard to find outside Asian Markets FYI. I get it here in Chinatown ☺️

Thai Green curry recipe-
    1 cup chopped Thai green chili’s
    3 shallots
    2 cilantro roots
    1 head garlic
    2 oz Thai basil leaves
    1 stalk lemongrass
    2 tables spoons galangal
    2 tablespoons kaffir lime zest
    1 teaspoon coriander
    1teaspoon cumin
    1 teaspoon sea salt
    1teaspoon white pepper

Chop all and put in pestle and mortar - grind into a paste. (Or blast it in Vitamix or blender) this makes enough for a ton of soups. Mine kept for about 10 days in fridge. May want to cut this in half if you make from scratch. :)
  • cory17
    cory17 Posts: 1,367 Member
    Options
    Printed out your recipe @Safari_Gal_ thank you - love eating this but would really like to be able to make it myself.
    Working on my mental state & doing things, not just thinking and talking but making it happen. Straightened out a couple cabinets and felt better for doing it.
  • jugar
    Options
    Terytha wrote: »
    Late weigh in: 213.4

I mean, jeez. If I only gained 1.5 pounds after the last 4 days of eating just about everything high calorie under the sun, I can't complain at all.

For the record, MFP has an entry for Everything. It's pretty funny. :)

Seems like everyone is doing pretty well as we move along into the holiday season. You're all awesome!

w231ogxa765d.jpg

Actually, we had put you on an EXC weigh-in for this week (guess I should have looked at that, eh?). If you want to skip it and just stay where you were (ONLY 1.2 pounds less!!) that's ok too. I'm doing that for now, so let me know if you want the spreadsheet to include the late weigh-in or not.

And hug you back!
This discussion has been closed.