• LadyRN76
    LadyRN76 Posts: 4,275 Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Monday, Nov 11th

Track: yes
    Calories: over by 150
    Exercise: 2 mile run

It was 64 when I ran at 0530. It is now 26 with a windchill of 15.

I am wrapped in a fuzzy blanket and attempting to pump myself off for my run in the morning.
    I'm also getting ready for major changes employment wise, so stress is a big factor with my food and my anxiety. I don't do the unknown well. I'm focusing on this not being a mid-life crisis and instead that I am getting out of hospital management and getting my life back vs being on call 24/7 365.
  • AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    Options
    LadyRN76 wrote: »

It was 64 when I ran at 0530. It is now 26 with a windchill of 15.

I am wrapped in a fuzzy blanket and attempting to pump myself off for my run in the morning.
    I'm also getting ready for major changes employment wise, so stress is a big factor with my food and my anxiety. I don't do the unknown well. I'm focusing on this not being a mid-life crisis and instead that I am getting out of hospital management and getting my life back vs being on call 24/7 365.

@LadyRN76 Yep, I'm there and we have freaking snow and ice on the ground, it's unreal. It's not even thanksgiving yet.
  • southgirl94
    southgirl94 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    Nov Wk 2 - Mon, 11/11

Track: Yes
    Calories: Under
    Exercise: A little bit of walking, that’s it. Spent part of my afternoon in a dentist’s chair, so wasn’t able to do much.

To all our service members and veterans, thank you for your service and sacrifice.
  • BougeeBrat
    BougeeBrat Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Unsername: genajonas

**Weigh-In Week #2 Monday 11/11
    PW: 208.6
    CW: 205.0
    Calories: Under - No appetite at all
    Excercise: Yes my favorite LEG DAY!!!!!!!
    **Trying to adjust to my nutrition plan. You would think that I would be happy about eating more. I never thought this would be a struggle.
  • Kin59vara
    Kin59vara Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    143tobe wrote: »
    Daily Post: Sunday

Calories: Yes - with 1 calorie to spare :D
    Exercise: Yes, 30 minute outdoor run

Comments: Didn't get a long run in this weekend because I have to clean for my son's birthday party on Tuesday. When I don't do my long run...it makes me feel tired and lazy. The weather has been sooo grey here and it gets dark so early that I feel like I might as well be living in Alaska. I still have to clean and work today (Monday) so I won't be able to get my full workouts in until Wednesday. I hate anything that messes with my normal schedule. I am one of those people who always keeps a messy house but will clean it when I absolutely HAVE to, but it takes days and I get really stressed out. I wish I was one of those people who just always keep a tidy house but I just never learned how to clean growing up. I really need to figure it out because I HATE the clutter. I was feeling really good and positive at the end of the week. Since yesterday I'm just feeling so down. I think it's the weather and the stress of having my husband's family over for the birthday party. They have perfectly clean and tidy houses. My messy house is just another thing that makes me different and a failure here.

I understand your feeling as I am getting stressed about Thanksgiving cleaning. My mother is a perfect housekeeper and try as she might I have never had the same skills. The task overwhelms me and I get crabby knowing that I will never get everything done. My husband's favorite show is America Pickers and although I am glad he is not picky he tends to accumulate things that are left around because you never know when you might need it. I also hate the darkness it makes me want to crawl into the covers early. Happy birthday to your son!
  • Kin59vara
    Kin59vara Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: Tuesday, November 12

Calories: yes
    Exercise: Yes Daily Burn,15953 steps
    Goals/Day/Comments: I did the grocery shopping this week so I included more healthy food. I have headed in the right direction again.
  • dustyspal
    dustyspal Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    Daily Post - Monday

Track ✔
    Track ✔
    Exercise ✔
    And....here comes the snow ❄❄❄.
  • satchel2008
    satchel2008 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Daily post Monday
    Track yes
    Carbs on track
    Exercise no
  • AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    Options
    genajonas wrote: »
    Unsername: genajonas

**Weigh-In Week #2 Monday 11/11
    PW: 208.6
    CW: 205.0
    Calories: Under - No appetite at all
    Excercise: Yes my favorite LEG DAY!!!!!!!
    **Trying to adjust to my nutrition plan. You would think that I would be happy about eating more. I never thought this would be a struggle.

@genajonas Mentally, eating more can be a challenge, something I've been having a hard time with myself, on Tuesday's and Thursday's I've increased my intake and it's just harder to meet it. Really glad to see you're doing better though!! The mental aspect of weight loss is definitely the most challenging.
  • VarangianGuard
    VarangianGuard Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Good morning team.
    PW: 228.4
    CW: 225.6

Pretty happy with the week. Not a lot of exercise as I spent all week finishing construction on my house before moving in this weekend. Didn’t stick to my eating plan at all this weekend but tried not to overeat as I have in the past. I keep reminding myself it is a 100k run, not a 100 yrd dash. Goals this week are another 2 lbs by next week and at least 3 days in the pool.
  • LadyRN76
    LadyRN76 Posts: 4,275 Member
    Options
    Good morning team.

Pretty happy with the week. Not a lot of exercise as I spent all week finishing construction on my house before moving in this weekend. Didn’t stick to my eating plan at all this weekend but tried not to overeat as I have in the past. I keep reminding myself it is a 100k run, not a 100 yrd dash. Goals this week are another 2 lbs by next week and at least 3 days in the pool.

I love the 100km run vs 100yd dash! Great job!
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,793 Member
    Options
    Monday check-in
    Calories- under
    Exercise- snow shoveling, rowing, weights
    Water over
    Step 16947
    Had a great day. Logged everything and got in exersize. Hope everyone has a great day
    Goals today finish cleaning the garage and logging
  • CindyJNC1963
    CindyJNC1963 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    Ver9nika wrote: »
    Daily Post: monday (Nov 11th)

Track: yes
    Calories: no
    Exercise: yes, 10K steps

Comments: Saturday&Sunday were very-very fun, but scale ruined everything on Monday morning: +6.8pounds 😯😯😯😯😯 2 days and +6.8 😮 I didn't even knew it's possible 😯😯😯

Start over today and forget the weekend. You will probably drop that 6.8 pounds quickly....as I'm guessing a lot of it was just a temporary gain. You can do it.
  • gjaholy33
    gjaholy33 Posts: 2,626 Member
    Options
    Daily Post

Sunday

Track yes
    Calories yes under
    Exercise not really just the sitfit app level 1 less than 10 mins so I won't stiffen up here in the hospital
    Water 165oz
    Goals/comments mo news is good news but they did bring the dog around the hospital so that was nice

tewux6i8jfp0.jpg

Monday

Track yes
    Calories yes
    Exercise same as yesterday
    Water 176oz
    Goals/comments slow and boring day but still maintaining my positivity. My aide did go to my house and got my mail and some more clothes for me and peanut butter cause you know peanut butter makes everything alright
  • CindyJNC1963
    CindyJNC1963 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    Kin59vara wrote: »
    AB0215 wrote: »
    Weekly weigh-in
    Weigh in day Sunday
    PW= 163.5
    CW= 165.6

I am out of control. I need to refocus and get myself together.

@Kin59vara When I am out of control (and it's happened several times) I tend to overhaul my diet and do something even more drastic, because I can't do moderation, for some reason, moderation for me leads me down a rabbit hold of complete loss of control. First time I went keto, then when I lost control again, I added intermittent fasting (16:8) and this last time that I lost control I added ADF and it's helping with the control problem. Making myself strict rules to follow is how I regain control.

Thanks for your advice and taking the time to give it. I feel the same way I need sometimes to make strict rules.

I think each of us has different ways to be strict on ourselves. I am absolutely militant on tracking. I have tracked every single day for over 390 days. I don't miss a day. I think that doing this, more than anything, keeps me from overeating. In the past, I was dishonest with myself. I never wanted to admit how much I actually ate. I even hid candy wrappers in the trash can at work....like the calories wouldn't count if I couldn't see the evidence. If I think about eating something now, I ask myself do I really want to journal it? If the answer is no, I don't eat it. I am 100% brutally honest with myself. The other ways I am strict on myself are that I don't eat any candy, cake, pasta, pizza, cheeseburgers, fast food, etc. I had one dessert last year and I still feel sort of guilty about it. My diet plan is simple. I keep my carbs around 100 net grams ( I like fruit and other complex carbs so it will rarely go below this number). I try to eat a lot of lean protein, mostly chicken and fish. I started eating a lot more red meat and that was when I hit that plateau. I try to keep my fiber above 30 grams too. I pay lesser attention to sugar and fat grams but I do monitor them. I have modified these numbers as I have gone along. In the end, it is what works for you.
  • dustyspal
    Options
    Good morning team.

Congrats on moving into the house!!
  • dustyspal
    Options
    Daily Post - Tuesday

Track ✔
    Calories ✔
    Exercise - quick walk at park with 🐕🐕
  • dustyspal
    Options
    Wanted... Does anyone have any recommendations for super warm gloves. My fingers are always the first things to get cold, and when my fingers are cold, that's it, I'm done. However, I don't want anything too bulky. Thanks in advance.
  • Ver9nika
    Ver9nika Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    AB0215 wrote: »
    Weekly weigh-in
    Weigh in day Sunday
    PW= 163.5
    CW= 165.6

I am out of control. I need to refocus and get myself together.

@Kin59vara When I am out of control (and it's happened several times) I tend to overhaul my diet and do something even more drastic, because I can't do moderation, for some reason, moderation for me leads me down a rabbit hold of complete loss of control. First time I went keto, then when I lost control again, I added intermittent fasting (16:8) and this last time that I lost control I added ADF and it's helping with the control problem. Making myself strict rules to follow is how I regain control.

Thanks for your advice and taking the time to give it. I feel the same way I need sometimes to make strict rules.

I think each of us has different ways to be strict on ourselves. I am absolutely militant on tracking. I have tracked every single day for over 390 days. I don't miss a day. I think that doing this, more than anything, keeps me from overeating. In the past, I was dishonest with myself. I never wanted to admit how much I actually ate. I even hid candy wrappers in the trash can at work....like the calories wouldn't count if I couldn't see the evidence. If I think about eating something now, I ask myself do I really want to journal it? If the answer is no, I don't eat it. I am 100% brutally honest with myself. The other ways I am strict on myself are that I don't eat any candy, cake, pasta, pizza, cheeseburgers, fast food, etc. I had one dessert last year and I still feel sort of guilty about it. My diet plan is simple. I keep my carbs around 100 net grams ( I like fruit and other complex carbs so it will rarely go below this number). I try to eat a lot of lean protein, mostly chicken and fish. I started eating a lot more red meat and that was when I hit that plateau. I try to keep my fiber above 30 grams too. I pay lesser attention to sugar and fat grams but I do monitor them. I have modified these numbers as I have gone along. In the end, it is what works for you.

Great advice! I especially like the "If I think about eating something now, I ask myself do I really want to journal it? If the answer is no, I don't eat it. I am 100% brutally honest with myself." I tend not to journal my cheats and thus it doesn't seem like cheating. Fooling myself 🙄
This discussion has been closed.