WAIST AWAYS - NOVEMBER CHAT

Replies

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,030 Member
    Green curry looks beautiful, @Safari_Gal_ If you use commercial green curry paste, @cory17 , it is really easy. I would do this with tons of vegetables instead of chicken (or with only a small amount of chicken) to be able to eat a huge plate of it! Yum.
  • jugar
    Here's the bad side of today
    0wnacjjdwv3k.png
    And the GOOD GOOD side!
    wh6bsikvjw43.png
    Got in LOTS of steps, and loved the couple of hours of digging out. That may fade with time, but hopefully DH will get the tractor back into action!
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    jugar wrote: »
    Terytha wrote: »
    Late weigh in: 213.4

I mean, jeez. If I only gained 1.5 pounds after the last 4 days of eating just about everything high calorie under the sun, I can't complain at all.

For the record, MFP has an entry for Everything. It's pretty funny. :)

Seems like everyone is doing pretty well as we move along into the holiday season. You're all awesome!

w231ogxa765d.jpg

Actually, we had put you on an EXC weigh-in for this week (guess I should have looked at that, eh?). If you want to skip it and just stay where you were (ONLY 1.2 pounds less!!) that's ok too. I'm doing that for now, so let me know if you want the spreadsheet to include the late weigh-in or not.

And hug you back!

We can still leave it skipped, I'm fine with that. It was good to weigh myself anyway, since I was dreading this huge number and
    ... nope. Just a little number. :)
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,253 Member
    Made it to the gym on this cold, wet day. Did 33 minutes on the elliptical and my upper body workout. We'll see how bad I ache in a day or two. I can't seem to find a program on the elliptical that doesn't whip my butt. I was wondering how I was going to make the "Climb" mode, but I made it!!! Whew!! Up over 10,000 steps for the second day in a row. Water is pretty good. Now to go finish logging my food.

@jugar WOW!!! That's a lot of snow. We went from the 60s yesterday down to 30 tonight. BRRRRrrr! My body needs some transition please.

Hope everyone is having a great day! :)<3
  • Connie7355
    Connie7355 Posts: 496 Member
    I know what you mean about some transition time @micki48!! We went from the 60’s on Sunday to 4 degrees this morning!! I’m not ready for it to be this cold!! @jugar your snow looks beautiful!! I bet snowshoeing is so much fun and what great exercise!! I’ve never done it.
    I’ve been getting in a few more steps each day. I’m working a couple of days at my former job filling in for a girl that is on her honeymoon.
    Stay warm everybody!! ⛄️❄️
  • evangsimmons170
    evangsimmons170 Posts: 1,188 Member
    micki48 wrote: »
    ckq9s7loh4gv.jpeg

And the Step winners are:

1st - @fourathomej with 95,705 steps
    2nd - @Steph1498 83,904
    3rd - @Shexio 70,771

Overall the stepping team reported walking 491,599 steps!!!!!! We almost made it from NYC to Niagara Falls at 250 miles (402km) Just 58 miles shy.

Great job ladies! Keep up the good work.

I am so sorry I've been MIA again. Saturday I worked for 12 hours. Sunday had 2 church services and work in between. Monday it was freezing cold, rainy and icy but I worked my side hustle anyway.

Had I contributed my steps on time, it would have been enough to take us over the 500k mark. So sorry about that.

In better news, I rejoined my gym this afternoon. I have to make my health a priority despite the fact that I've never stuck with any gym membership I've had. I simply went on faith today. I want something different, so I've gotta do something different!!!!!
  • Gidgitgoescrazy
    Gidgitgoescrazy Posts: 638 Member
    So did okay yesterday, I didn't do a whole 3 mile video, I did 20 minutes... My calf started hurting, I have no clue what is going on with my left leg, 1st it was my foot hurting all the time, now it's my calf... so I am just going to stick with 20 min aerobics, and 30 minutes on the treadmill, cause that seems to be the point when stuff starts hurting, I don't do gyms so I can't switch up machines... I made my lunch for today, and forgot my wrap :( so I have all the insides, and nothing to put it in... Guess I'm having turkey lettuce wraps.. Lower back was killing me this morning, so I still did my 20 minutes of yoga, and instead of dancer pose I just did tree pose, I think dancer pose (which I did yesterday) puts too much on my lower back. So after that I did my back exercises for 10 minutes, it feels better so thats a positive... Hope you have a great day !
  • offitgoes
    offitgoes Posts: 755 Member
    Weigh in day - Wed
    PW: 176
    CW: 175.4
    Pleased that was a loss. Monday had lunch and dinner out. Over calorie count but not by too much so great win!
    Plan: 10,000 steps, 80 or more oz of water, and within calorie allowance. The last 5 days I have been over the allowance. Goal is 5 out of 7 days trying to hit this goal.
  • micki48
    offitgoes wrote: »
    Weigh in day - Wed
    PW: 176
    CW: 175.4
    Pleased that was a loss. Monday had lunch and dinner out. Over calorie count but not by too much so great win!
    Plan: 10,000 steps, 80 or more oz of water, and within calorie allowance. The last 5 days I have been over the allowance. Goal is 5 out of 7 days trying to hit this goal.

@offitgoes Are you interested in joining our step team? It may help with accountability. Let me know if you’re interested.
  • micki48
    Had I contributed my steps on time, it would have been enough to take us over the 500k mark. So sorry about that.

@evangsimmons170 No need to apologize for life. Sounds like you are doing good things for yourself, still stepping, worshipping, joining gym. Progress, not perfection, right? If you’d like to give me you’re steps, I can add them to the spread sheet. Keep up the good work.
  • Terytha
    Went to the gym yesterday and couldn't finish my program. I did some burpees and saw stars, almost blacked out. Blood sugar crash, I guess, since I haven't been eating or sleeping well lately. I might skip my Friday gym visit in favor of resting. We'll see. I hate missing my workout, but gotta listen to my body. I'm still dizzy today.

It's like a travel hangover.

And the pile of work on my desk this morning is just intimidating as heck. -_-
  • Safari_Gal_
    Safari_Gal_ Posts: 1,461 Member
    Hi All!

Checking in—- happy Wednesday! Hope all is positive in your neck of the woods.

I joined the SoulCup! It’s a challenge to see how many soul/spin classes you can do in the month before Thanksgiving. I’m between 5-10 - got to catch up! Lol did a 100 min double class today with lots of weights and isolation exercises. 😅
    Felt good. My arms are like jelly though.

Got my 5 + veggies and water in for the day... that’s a plus.

Now a ton of work to do as well......

💪🏻💫

cpx0mpmplhmt.jpeg
  • evangsimmons170
    evangsimmons170 Posts: 1,188 Member
    micki48 wrote: »

@evangsimmons170 No need to apologize for life. Sounds like you are doing good things for yourself, still stepping, worshipping, joining gym. Progress, not perfection, right? If you’d like to give me you’re steps, I can add them to the spread sheet. Keep up the good work.

This is for last week:

j0nb2n737gv8.png
  • cory17
    cory17 Posts: 1,361 Member
  • Terytha
    Shexio wrote: »
    11/12: 11,503 steps.

Today I feel like chocolate and donuts. I've messed up my meal plan. Sorta having a F*&^-It moment. Getting back on track within the half hour. I promise.

You got this. A messed up plan is no big deal, no plan survives its first encounter with conflict. Roll with the punches and adapt. :)
  • juliemargaretkim
    juliemargaretkim Posts: 206 Member
    CW: 130.5

Hey there -- so so so sorry I missed last week -- didn't log on to MFP at all! I'm conferencing with students, and there was a quick trip to Brooklyn to see the son -- and hung out with some friends who were there too!

I'll be better this week! Hope everyone is warm - -it's fricking cold here today! LOL! Great pics, btw @jugar !
  • fourathomej
    fourathomej Posts: 4,217 Member
    fourathomej
    WI day: Wednesday
    PW: 147.2
    CW: 148

Sorry - not a good week. I just haven't been sleeping and my body really rebels. Hoping I can fix this and get it off quickly!
  • fourathomej
    fourathomej Posts: 4,217 Member
    STEPS:
    11/7 - 11206
    11/8 - 14003
    11/7 - 10892
    11/8 - 15276
    11/9 - 14511
    11/10 - 11661
    11/11 - 13720
    11/12 - 10944
  • jugar
    edited November 2019
    Quite the Wednesday!

There have been ups, downs, stretches, and pains. I love hearing about you getting into exercise, and taking it seriously! @micki48 working that elliptical like a boss, @evangsimmons170 joining because you know you have to, and you WILL use it this time :grin:@Terytha you had a bad day at the gym, but I know you'll be back once you are rested and especially re-hydrated. Air travel is terribly dehydrating! I'm just thrilled to see some of you who were NOT gym people, or even into much exercise at all, really picking up the pace and working this. Well done!

@Gidgitgoescrazy is the only one I would say to be sure not to overdo it! Pains in your foot, calf, and back - you may need some foam roller and stretching work to help that out, and maybe a bit less treadmill, etc. until that starts to feel better.

Some of you are swamped with work, and you have my sympathies. @Connie7355 - you are a good friend for taking over for a honeymoon - I am sure that is the best gift she received :heart: The rest of you with wild work schedules, be sure to take time to take care of yourself too. It is hard, but even 10 minutes of stretching or deep breathing makes a huge difference. And I hope you sleep better, @fourathomej - there are some great breathing patterns you can do that really help if you want. Let me know and I'll post them here.

@Safari_Gal_ the challenge looks wonderful! You are on this - and @Shexio I want you to think of her if you are having troubles keeping away from the naughty foods!

Welcome back @juliemargaretkim - sounds like you have had some good times and a lot of work too.

I have been outside a lot being silly, enjoying the cold and snow. I always feel like a kid once we stop using our driveway for motor vehicles and only use the toboggan, snowshoes, or just plain old walking. Today I worked more on packing the path by bringing down the recycling to the bin (which is down by the road a half mile away). We use small toboggans to transport stuff all winter, and the best part is riding down. It is a crazy fast hill, and I am really glad no one was around with a video camera to see me kneeling on the toboggan, reaching over the big box of stuff so that I can (sort of) steer, my toes hanging off the back for brakes yelling my head off as I go too fast but make the wild turns. Then strapping on the snowshoes for the trek back up. It is fun, if terribly inefficient!

In short, I got in 7781 steps so far today, but a lot of them on snowshoes - which is kind of like a cross between the elliptical, a stair climber, and walking lunges. Or so I like to claim :wink:

Weigh-ins are all caught up except for @tdrjustus3 . I think you should change your day to Friday or Saturday :smiley:
    And tomorrow there is the one and only @cory17 - I hope all is well this week!
This discussion has been closed.