Exercise ✔
  • 143tobe
    143tobe Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    LadyRN76 wrote: »
    Username: LadyRN76
    PW 159.3
    CW 156.4

Back on track and being more cognizant of calories has helped tremendously.

Awesome drop! Well done!
  • 143tobe
    Options
    Daily post weds 13th
    Track - yes
    Calories-slightly over
    Exercise - 10,000 steps
    Slight over on calories but I'm on 1200 s always allow myself to 1400 for flexibility as sometimes 1200 just isnt enough and I seem to be losing on 1400

I think it's good to be flexable. Have you thought of moving your daily calories up to 1400 and maybe aiming for 1300-1400 any given day? I find I do best when I keep my calories a bit on the higher side. It seems like no matter what weight I am at, I lose consistently and comfortably when I eat around 1650 calories. Any lower and I think it sets off stress (and possibly cortisol) in me. This time around I am eating around 1800 calories a day but that's because I was half marathon training. I'm not doing these crazy workouts at the moment so I need to remind myself that I should probably drop the calories a bit. Or get moving again.
    karsei01 wrote: »
    Just had to share...
    I've always been a kinda weak guy, or not weak, but average? Always done loads of running and biking, but never trained my upper body.
    I always work out alone, with no one to be spotter, so I tend to do more reps of safety reasons. But today I tried, and successfully did 100kg in bench. Big round number!! I knew it was more than doable, since I did my normal sets at 90, and thus should be able to do one rep at 115, but it is a mental wall to put on three numbers with the potential of beeing stuck under it.

Kinda proud of myself today :-)

That's awesome! Congrats!
    o0kody0o wrote: »
    Hi team

Sorry I haven’t been as active on MFP over the past few days. It was my sons first birthday yesterday so I was quite busy arranging things. I haven’t done very well with my food choices over the past few days because there was a lot of cake and sweets involved, but I’m now back to normality again 😊 I hope everyone is well 🤗

Happy Birthday to your son! I know how that goes ;) . Back on the wagon together you and me :D
    tdrjustus3 wrote: »
    Tdrjustus3
    Monday
    Week 2

Woohoo! Nice loss!
    caloricus wrote: »
    Username: caloricus
    Week: November, week 2
    Friday
    PW: 175.5
    CW: 173.5

Amazing! Great job!
  • 143tobe
    Options
    I'm not ready to do my daily post today, but just wanted to give an update. So I didn't get around to cutting up and cooking my pumpkin yet today, because I had some shredded carrots in the fridge that needed my immediate attention. I made some low carb carrot cake muffins which turned out really nicely and which I got to eat guilt free. Seriously, I just don't think I can make the switch to a regular carb diet. The cool thing is that my husband doesn't eat my low carb baked goods because he thinks he has a reaction to nuts...which totally works for me because low carb baked goods are expensive to make. The carrot cake reminded me of a crazy story, or experience in my life. Just thought I'd share:

When I was in my 20's I was moderately overweight but very active. I went on a backpacking trip with a male friend for a week. We had a blast but I did notice that he had a tendency to be overcautious and maybe leaning towards controlling. (We weren't dating, just friends.) On the long drive back we stopped at a gas station and to grab a snack. I grabbed a freshly packaged carrot cake. The calories were insanely high, but after a week of hiking for hours upon hours a day, I wasn't too concerned about it. My friend however had to ask, "Are you really going to eat that?". It was delicious. Shortly after this trip my friend kind of just ended our friendship. It was so weird but honestly, I didn't dwell on it. A year later out of the blue he calls me up and we go to a concert together. We have a good time and go out to eat afterwards. I order something "bad" like mozzarella sticks and he's like, "It's so late, do you really want to eat that?" He says this in front of the waiter so I grit my teeth and say, "I'll have a salad." (Seriously, who eats salad as a late night after concert snack?) Anyways, he must have been happy that I "listened" to him because next thing you know he's asking me to be his girlfriend. Like officially. It felt great to tell him "No thanks, I've met someone and I'm pretty sure he's THE ONE". THE ONE, did end up being the one. My husband. Although our relationship isn't perfect, my husband has never, not once tried to control or even comment on what I eat. Even at my heaviest he always said that he thought I was beautiful. He didn't even see the fat as I did. A while back he looked at a photo of me at my heaviest and he was very shocked. He said that he does not even remember me looking like that. Bless his heart. I'm glad that he was somehow blinded to my blaring flaws. Anyways, every time I cook or eat or see carrot cake, I think of this whole story and how happy I am that I knew better than to go for a guy like the first guy. We are still facebook friends and we send each other funny memes every once in a while. I think he's a good guy and I will always consider him a friend but I'm so glad I passed on that one.
  • satchel2008
    satchel2008 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Daily post Thursday
    Track yes
    Carbs on track
    Exercise yes
  • satchel2008
    satchel2008 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Weigh in day Friday
    PW: 233
    CW: 232
    Comments: my body is fighting not to let me see the 20's lol like I'm trying and trying and it's a stubborn toddler. But I'm starting to feel a difference in my body. The way it feels the way my clothes fit so I'm just trying to be a patient parent and let my body throw this stubborn little tantrum until it's ready to play nice again 😂
  • Ver9nika
    Ver9nika Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    143tobe wrote: »
    I'm not ready to do my daily post today, but just wanted to give an update. So I didn't get around to cutting up and cooking my pumpkin yet today, because I had some shredded carrots in the fridge that needed my immediate attention. I made some low carb carrot cake muffins which turned out really nicely and which I got to eat guilt free. Seriously, I just don't think I can make the switch to a regular carb diet. The cool thing is that my husband doesn't eat my low carb baked goods because he thinks he has a reaction to nuts...which totally works for me because low carb baked goods are expensive to make. The carrot cake reminded me of a crazy story, or experience in my life. Just thought I'd share:

When I was in my 20's I was moderately overweight but very active. I went on a backpacking trip with a male friend for a week. We had a blast but I did notice that he had a tendency to be overcautious and maybe leaning towards controlling. (We weren't dating, just friends.) On the long drive back we stopped at a gas station and to grab a snack. I grabbed a freshly packaged carrot cake. The calories were insanely high, but after a week of hiking for hours upon hours a day, I wasn't too concerned about it. My friend however had to ask, "Are you really going to eat that?". It was delicious. Shortly after this trip my friend kind of just ended our friendship. It was so weird but honestly, I didn't dwell on it. A year later out of the blue he calls me up and we go to a concert together. We have a good time and go out to eat afterwards. I order something "bad" like mozzarella sticks and he's like, "It's so late, do you really want to eat that?" He says this in front of the waiter so I grit my teeth and say, "I'll have a salad." (Seriously, who eats salad as a late night after concert snack?) Anyways, he must have been happy that I "listened" to him because next thing you know he's asking me to be his girlfriend. Like officially. It felt great to tell him "No thanks, I've met someone and I'm pretty sure he's THE ONE". THE ONE, did end up being the one. My husband. Although our relationship isn't perfect, my husband has never, not once tried to control or even comment on what I eat. Even at my heaviest he always said that he thought I was beautiful. He didn't even see the fat as I did. A while back he looked at a photo of me at my heaviest and he was very shocked. He said that he does not even remember me looking like that. Bless his heart. I'm glad that he was somehow blinded to my blaring flaws. Anyways, every time I cook or eat or see carrot cake, I think of this whole story and how happy I am that I knew better than to go for a guy like the first guy. We are still facebook friends and we send each other funny memes every once in a while. I think he's a good guy and I will always consider him a friend but I'm so glad I passed on that one.

So happy for you that you've found someone like your husband 💖
  • CindyJNC1963
    CindyJNC1963 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: November 14th

Track: Yes
    Calories under goal: No, 100 calories over ....but I was 170 under on Wednesday
    Exercise: 12,572 steps (made up for the Wednesday shortage)

I bought some new gel inserts for my shoes. Hope it eases up the heel pain.
  • dustyspal
    dustyspal Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    karsei01 wrote: »
    Just had to share...
    I've always been a kinda weak guy, or not weak, but average? Always done loads of running and biking, but never trained my upper body.
    I always work out alone, with no one to be spotter, so I tend to do more reps of safety reasons. But today I tried, and successfully did 100kg in bench. Big round number!! I knew it was more than doable, since I did my normal sets at 90, and thus should be able to do one rep at 115, but it is a mental wall to put on three numbers with the potential of beeing stuck under it.

Kinda proud of myself today :-)

Feels great, doesn't it???? You should be proud of your accomplishments!
  • dustyspal
    dustyspal Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    Daily Post - Saturday

Track ✔
    Calories ✔
    Exercise ✔

Another good day. I really love Fridays!!
  • southgirl94
    southgirl94 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    Nov Wk 2 - Fri, 11/15

Track: Yes
    Calories: Under
    Exercise: Walked 45 minutes.
  • southgirl94
    southgirl94 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    LadyRN76 wrote: »
    Thursday.
    Track: yes
    Calories: over
    Exercise: no

I was in meetings all day and then had lunch and dinner ordered and paid for by companies I was with during the business talks.

HOW do you stay under calories and not upset the apple cart of not eating what they ordered? We're not talking mini sandwiches; lunch was steak and baked potatoes and dinner was a fried seafood smorgasbord. 😔😔😔😔😔

It is okay to have days like that. A part of any journey, whether good or bad, is to find a moment it in to enjoy yourself. When I went through a period of deep depression earlier this summer, whether I considered ending my life, my moments of solace and enjoyment came in the form of hikes at a nature preserve near my apartment. You aren’t able to complete any journey, any walk, any path, without allowing yourself to live, to breathe. Any and all denial can only lead to a prolonged weakness and increased chance of stumbling and little strength to regain your steps on the path.

• digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,793 Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Daily check in
    Thurs Nov 14
    Tracked yes
    Calories under
    Exercise walk
    steps 11192
    steps nov 13 16296
  • 143tobe
    Options
    Daily Post: Friday November 15th

Track: No
    Calories: I didn't track, but I know they were most likely at limit or just slightly over
    Exercise: No

Took the week off of tracking. It feels good to have that mental break. Going to try to get an outdoor run in this morning. I hate the cold and lately my elbows really hurt when I run outside, but I love how good I feel after an outdoor run. It's been a while. Maybe a week but it feels like an eternity.
  • 143tobe
    Options
    143tobe
    November Week 2
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    PW: 135.2
    CW: 136

The price of falling off the face of the earth Monday and Tuesday. I did manage to clean it up the rest of the week, so I'm happy with this number. My goal will be to post an actual loss next week.
  • gjaholy33
    gjaholy33 Posts: 2,626 Member
    Options
    dustyspal wrote: »
    Days I used to worry about. My 3-month check -up with my doctor. I never liked going to the doctor's office, mainly because they would always tell me the same thing, "You need to lose weight." Like I didn't already know that. So I stopped going for years. I went back at the beginning of this journey, in August. This time, however, I proudly walked into the office. Down nearly 60 pounds since summer, down nearly 90 from my highest. Everything went well. Just missed the call about my bloodwork. So that will have to wait until tomorrow. A good day.

This is awesome and inspiring for others as well.
  • digger61
    Options
    Daily check in
    Thurs Nov 14
    Tracked yes
    Calories under
    Exercise walk
    steps 12810
  • vicky2767
    vicky2767 Posts: 2,472 Member
    Options
    Vicky2767
    Sat
    Nov Week 2
    PW 179.2
    CW 181.4
  • digger61
    Options
    digger61
    Sat
    Nov Week 2
    PW 219
    CW 219
  • gjaholy33
    gjaholy33 Posts: 2,626 Member
    Options
    dustyspal wrote: »
    Wanted... Does anyone have any recommendations for super warm gloves. My fingers are always the first things to get cold, and when my fingers are cold, that's it, I'm done. However, I don't want anything too bulky. Thanks in advance.

They sell the hot hands at Amazon
    ucr2ujrzssyz.jpg
This discussion has been closed.