~The Fireplace~

Options

Replies

• starjam25
    starjam25 Posts: 4,684 Member
    Options
    Goodness, I'm really enjoying all these post about Christmas! We put our outside lights up yesterday and they look so nice. I'm one of those that enjoy this season, including just being winter. Love the cool nights and mornings and how fresh the air can smell. (and I'm in California and between our smog and all our fires, fresh air is a very special thing!!) But I also enjoy Christmas music and decorations and lights! Yep, I'm one of those....

We are going to Knotts Berry Farm in Southern California Sunday for 3 days. With the 2 grandkids, it's always so much fun, they love it! Way back when, about 25 years ago, we used to go quite often with my kids. Love how we get to bring the next generation.
  • rbratt06
    rbratt06 Posts: 2,927 Member
    Options
    @starjam25 We go to Southern California every year or so. Last month we went on a huge trip where we went to Huntington Beach and watched a dog surfing competition, then hit up Disneyland, Universal Studios, Sea World, the San Diego Zoo, and Legoland.

But, I've never been to Knott's Berry Farm. What age range is best for it?
  • SarahAnaruk
    SarahAnaruk Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    @starjam25 that sounds amazing!! I bet the grandkids will love it!! What kind of a spot is it? A functioning Berry farm of sorts? We go up the North Shore to a place called Bob's Cabins, just north of Duluth, just about every year. We started going when I was in my early teens and it's so fun to bring the kids there and watch them create their own memories. They are cute little cabins right on Lake Superior. You look out your window and see the shore and the water. I love it there! So peaceful.

I love the Christmas season too. We do usually have snow here, and actually had enough for a snowman day before yesterday, so that always makes me feel festive.

@rbratt06 I have to laugh because I have the same research/organizational skills you have! I love making up schedules and was our nursery coordinator for church for a long time. I also love to research, especially if someone asks me something I don't know about! It can definitely be a pretty awesome skill from time to time.
  • fourathomej
    fourathomej Posts: 4,199 Member
    Options
    I used to LOVE Christmas! Used to - Then I started working for Hallmark - Now I just try and put on a happy face so I don't ruin everyone elses Christmas! It's a very overwhelming and exhausting time for me. So I will just grin and bare it! lol
  • bdbchick
    bdbchick Posts: 2,434 Member
    Options
    bdbchick wrote: »
    Here is the art I made with the super cute stickers :). Yes it did take me almost 4 hours because of drying and such before adding another layer.

That is super cute!! Can't rush art!!

Thank you!!
  • bdbchick
    Options
    Hey peeps! I'm curious.. What movies have you watched that you didn't expect to make you feel things? My 2 recent ones are "Wreck it Ralph 2" and (believe it or not) "Detective Pikachu". I'm a Gen 1 girl.
  • SarahAnaruk
    Options
    I used to LOVE Christmas! Used to - Then I started working for Hallmark - Now I just try and put on a happy face so I don't ruin everyone elses Christmas! It's a very overwhelming and exhausting time for me. So I will just grin and bare it! lol

That is too bad! You'd think it would be the opposite! But I suppose it would make for a really stressful, busy season. Hopefully you still get to enjoy some of it!
  • SarahAnaruk
    Options
    @bdbchick oh man! I think my last baby turned the water works on! I cry at the silliest little things when it comes to movies! The new live action Aladdin brought me to tears. I never used to but now it's just about everything. I totally want to see Detective Pikachu! I remember when they came out. I didn't really play but I loved the TV show!
  • chdspdmom
    chdspdmom Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Sending warm wishes to all my teammates across the ocean from Sligo Bay, Ireland. We have all done amazing effort this week, proud of all the snaaakes 🤗😘
  • bdbchick
    Options
    @bdbchick oh man! I think my last baby turned the water works on! I cry at the silliest little things when it comes to movies! The new live action Aladdin brought me to tears. I never used to but now it's just about everything. I totally want to see Detective Pikachu! I remember when they came out. I didn't really play but I loved the TV show!

I do too! It doesn't take alot to get me to cry tbh lol. I LOVED the new Aladdin especially "speechless"! Detective Pikachu in my personal opinion is a good movie to watch. I'm also the type to find out for myself so lemme know if you watch it and what you think.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    chdspdmom wrote: »
    Sending warm wishes to all my teammates across the ocean from Sligo Bay, Ireland. We have all done amazing effort this week, proud of all the snaaakes 🤗😘

<3
  • jenilla1
    Options
    rbratt06 wrote: »
    @starjam25 We go to Southern California every year or so. Last month we went on a huge trip where we went to Huntington Beach and watched a dog surfing competition, then hit up Disneyland, Universal Studios, Sea World, the San Diego Zoo, and Legoland.

But, I've never been to Knott's Berry Farm. What age range is best for it?

Knott's is for all ages. I prefer it to Disneyland because it's more affordable and not as crowded. There's a specific area that's just for little kids, but a far as older kids and adults, there's tons of more "advanced" rides, and exhibits to look at and shows and that kind of thing if you're not a ride kind of person.
  • SarahAnaruk
    edited November 2019
    Options
    @chdspdmom 💗 what a view!! I'd love to see Ireland someday!!

@bdbchick Yes! Speechless was soooo good!! I will definitely have to check out Detective Pikachu! Is it pretty kid friendly? Little kid friendly I mean. But I'd still watch it without them! Lol
  • jenilla1
    Options
    bdbchick wrote: »
    Who has their Christmas tree up already?

ev74ki28pvar.png
  • SarahAnaruk
    Options
    ev74ki28pvar.png
    [/quote]

😂
  • rbratt06
    rbratt06 Posts: 2,927 Member
    Options
    @SarahAnaruk - Twinsies! I wish I had a more interesting and flashy talent, but it's what I have. And, it makes Black Friday that much more fun hunting down all the deals. Started my shopping today! (BTW, Knott's Berry Farm is an amusement park, but has amazing boysenberry products - so I've heard.)

I had a great first week. Got max points and saw a loss of about 1.5 lbs. What are everyone's plans for Thanksgiving? We live out of state from our families, so we're going over to a friend's house for it.
  • bdbchick
    Options
    @chdspdmom 💗 what a view!! I'd love to see Ireland someday!!

@bdbchick Yes! Speechless was soooo good!! I will definitely have to check out Detective Pikachu! Is it pretty kid friendly? Little kid friendly I mean. But I'd still watch it without them! Lol

It is very kid friendly :)
  • starjam25
    Options
    Sorry everyone for the quidditch spreadsheet mess.... I'm don't have my computer for a couple days, but somehow through the spreadsheet you can ask me for access, and I can do that on my phone. So, just let me know. I'll unlock it to everyone on Wednesday, when I get home.
  • bdbchick
    Options
    starjam25 wrote: »
    Sorry everyone for the quidditch spreadsheet mess.... I'm don't have my computer for a couple days, but somehow through the spreadsheet you can ask me for access, and I can do that on my phone. So, just let me know. I'll unlock it to everyone on Wednesday, when I get home.

Hope you enjoy your vaca!
  • starjam25
    Options
    So far, it's been good... but oh, the lines! Not as bad as your 8 hour lines in universal but just as frustrating!