Replies

• Jactop
    Jactop Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Username: Jactop
    Weigh in week: Week 4
    Weigh in day: Monday
    Previous Weight: 214
    Current Weight: Sorry I'm out of town for a funeral and can't weigh myself.

Steps
    11/18 - 16,210
    11/19 - 6,112
    11/20 - 12,915
    11/21 - 12,804
    11/22 - 12,356
    11/23 - 20,422
    11/24 - 6,125
    11/25 - 14,623

• AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,581 Member
    Options
    Check-in
    Monday:
    Calories: under, all good, on-plan choices
    Water: on target
    Exercise: martial arts class (90 min); platform stepping (50 min)

5 for 90 for Monday
    1. Meditate ✔️
    2. Exercise 30 minutes a day ✔️
    3. Hydrate ✔️
    4. Martial Arts Practice ✔️
    5. Thankful ✔️ for my health and my happy knees!

Tuesday/Today - Goals and Improvements!
    - Stick with food plan, logging, stay under calories
    - Get in an exercise session no matter what (hopefully an outdoor walk)
    - Martial arts practice
    - Work on Thanksgiving planning and cooking
    - Get in steps (7500+)
  • steplaj
    steplaj Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    Ok - I need help... I need to trim the fat off my budget and I am switching from cable to live streaming... One problem, I know nothing about different streaming stations...

Please help - If you are a streamer and you are currently using a live streaming station (HULU, Netflix, etc.) which includes primary channels ( 4, 5, 7, 10, etc. ), and if you are willing to share, please let me know what it costs you? How it works? What you think about it? or anything else you want to help me out with???

I know this is not about fitness - but my financial and mental stability impact my health too... Help me out, I would love to hear from my friends that do stream...

Thanks
    Steve
  • renaegry
    renaegry Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    Steps

Nov 20 11482
    Nov 21 17355
    Nov 22 19,755
    Nov 23 15357
    Nov 24 17459
    Nov 25 13567

Easy stepping while in Vegas but haven’t weighed in last week. Will try to get a weigh in done by end of the week.
  • Navydaddjtc
    Navydaddjtc Posts: 4,166 Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    GOOD MORNING TEAMS
    THE DECEMBER CHAT ROOMS HAVE BEEN OPENED
    LISELYN AND I WILL BE POSTING ALL NEW CHALLENGERS ON THE DECEMBER THREADS
    SO PLEASE CHECK THEM DAILY AS WE GO THROUGH THE REGISTRATION PROCESS
    THANKS
    G
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    I had trouble posting yesterday

Weekly weigh-in
    Last week: 126.2
    This week: 127

Ate out a lot last week and thought I'd made good choices. Between that and eating mom's cooking I guess I did worse than I thought. I'm up 5lbs since hitting goal so it's time to crack down aside of Thanksgiving.
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    steplaj wrote: »
    Ok - I need help... I need to trim the fat off my budget and I am switching from cable to live streaming... One problem, I know nothing about different streaming stations...

Please help - If you are a streamer and you are currently using a live streaming station (HULU, Netflix, etc.) which includes primary channels ( 4, 5, 7, 10, etc. ), and if you are willing to share, please let me know what it costs you? How it works? What you think about it? or anything else you want to help me out with???

I know this is not about fitness - but my financial and mental stability impact my health too... Help me out, I would love to hear from my friends that do stream...

Thanks
    Steve

@steplaj, we cut the cord last year and went to Hulu Plus with live TV and love it!! We pay $44.99 a month and it's worth it to me. I get most of the TV shows that I like to watch plus movies and originals. I'm a big news watcher so having that ability was a must for me. I also have Netflix through a family member so I can't speak to the cost but I love it too. We truly have more options than time to watch it all. :)
  • AustinRuadhain
    Options
    Hey, there,
    I was noodling about today, thinking about the holidays and reminded of this discussion question from @TeresaW1020 :
    What about you all? Are the holidays stressing you out? Do you have a plan? I would love to hear from you! :smile:

What strategies are you guys using this week?

Strategies I am using and seeing friends use:
    - Drink water and skip the alcohol. Easy way to avoid excess calories, and most people will not bug you about a "no thanks" to alcohol.
    - Working to get in exercise every day. I am even going to see if my in-laws are up for a walk after the big meal at our house.
    - On a related note -- looking to create ways to have non-food things be part of the fun.
    - Having an on-plan meal option for myself at our house.
    - Eat before I go to events, as an insurance policy.
    - Not talking to anybody about what they should eat. Not talking about what I eat as healthy, healthiest, etc., even if invited to agree with someone.
    - When people who are insistent in asking about what I am eating (or not eating), trying Dr. Doug Lisle’s “seem strategy.” "There is a simple answer that helps to defuse the most persistent people. If someone starts questioning you about your diet, simply smile and say, 'It seems to be working for me.' ”
    - Compliment the host. Compliment them on taking the time and effort to have the event happen, providing the space, having things look lovely, etc. Even if I don't eat the food (or all of them), there is plenty to be thankful for!

Here's a nice little list of more ideas.

What are you doing or planning to do?

rcli3jh0mijp.jpg
  • Navydaddjtc
    Options
    OKAY HERE YA GO
    OUR 1ST COMMUNITY POST
    NOW COME ON AND GET UP AND GO OVER THERE AND KEEP US ON TOP THE PILE
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10773721/reinvent-yourself/p1?new=1
  • Navydaddjtc
    Options
    HEHEHEHE
    WHEN I AM ON A ROLL IT'S LIKE SHADOWX-117
    TAKIN OFF AFTER A BAD GUY THERE IS NO STOPPING HIM

OUR 2ND COMMUNITY POST THIS IS SOME OF MY BETTER WORK DON'T YA KNOW
    SO YEAH YOU KNOW WHAT TO DO HIT THE LINK AND KEEP US THE TOP GUNS THAT WE ARE
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10773723/challenge-non-scale-victories-nsvs/p1?new=1

COME ON LET'S ROCK IT IN DECEMBER
  • its_cleo
    its_cleo Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    steps today nov-26- 5690

Gym- with trainer today and we did my favourite workout 5x5 deadlifts and squat. Deadlifts I can do 95lbs squat 70.

Cals on track today.

Water drank over 2000 oz.
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,818 Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Check-in
    Tuesday
    Calories: under,
    Water: 104 oz
    Exercise: walking and weights and aerobics
  • SallyLuvsFitness
    SallyLuvsFitness Posts: 13,724 Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Wishing everyone a wonderful Thanksgiving week!! It has been awesome hearing you share your NSVs so far this week! 🦃💃🦃 Awesome job team! 🥁 Drumroll tmo’s question!

Wednesday November 27th Challenge - Day Four Tmo!
    d7yf25rbuz0l.jpeg

Not stress out the day before Thanksgiving and especially overeat...

I will not stress about cooking, family members and count my blessings! It’s been an incredible year team! How I am going to do that tmo: start the day with gratitudes journal/Bible time, enjoy the day and workout Tmo before Thanksgiving.

Come on over! 💃💃💃Please share with your team and also with the entire group at Fat2Fib:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10773424/week-4-group-challenge-non-scale-victories-happy-thanksgiving#latest
  • leonadixon
    leonadixon Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Steps 11/23-4336
    11/24-6157
    11/25-7200
    11/26-5704
  • AustinRuadhain
    Options
    Wishing everyone a wonderful Thanksgiving week!! It has been awesome hearing you share your NSVs so far this week! 🦃💃🦃 Awesome job team! 🥁 Drumroll tmo’s question!

Wednesday November 27th Challenge - Day Four Tmo!
    d7yf25rbuz0l.jpeg

Not stress out the day before Thanksgiving and especially overeat...

I will not stress about cooking, family members and count my blessings! It’s been an incredible year team! How I am going to do that tmo: start the day with gratitudes journal/Bible time, enjoy the day and workout Tmo before Thanksgiving.

Come on over! 💃💃💃Please share with your team and also with the entire group at Fat2Fib:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10773424/week-4-group-challenge-non-scale-victories-happy-thanksgiving#latest

Wow. I just did some catch up reading on this thread. SUPER inspiring!

I just shared my Day 3 NSV over on the challenge thread.
    Day 3 - Health Benefit
    Having foot and knee problems disappear as the weight came off. Two years ago, I could barely walk, and I hurt all the time. Now I can do high impact jump moves in martial arts -- something I think is super fun! It may sound silly, but freedom to move and play is such an awesome gift to get back!

And just to make sure you all see it, @Katmary71 posted a really great one:
    Katmary71 wrote: »
    This was more weird, but I was raking leaves and my neighbor came outside and talked to me for about 5 minutes. She squinted and said, "Wait a minute, are you Kat?" I said yes and she replied with how I'd lost a ton of weight and look like a whole new person. She wants me to come over and explain how I did it.

My biggest NSVs this year are being 100lbs down from my highest and going off diabetes medication.
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Weekly Check In
    Day - Tuesday
    Uername - bethanie0825
    Previous - 232
    Current - 235

We did our Thanksgiving dinner Saturday and I'm still waiting on my TOM to come on. Better next week, I promise!

Steps

11/26 - 11825
  • Navydaddjtc
    Options
    Day 4 - Day Before Thanksgiving

Well today as any Chef worth his salt would do I will prep what I can as to make my day tomorrow less stressed tomorrow... I am will get the bird into the smoker and put a light smoke on it.....I am gong to relax with my wife as she home for a mini break from work .... No family to deal with as the boys are with their Families... will probably remember the years past with mom on Family Thanksgiving Days past as this is the first T/G without her and that will be a challenge all in it's for me.
    So that's nothing huge...nothing stressful.. Just Greg And Marcie doing their thing.

Yesterday I was occupied with getting community posts out... making sure that all of the teams are ready for a very stressful time of year... So yes yesterday suffered where eating and logging and exercise was concerned..... and I suppose with my re-commitment to this team...to this group...to each and everyone of you I will have more days like yesterday... but what the hell you all are worth it.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING FROM MY FAMILY TO YOU AND YOUR FAMILIES NOT MATTER WHERE YOU ARE IN THIS WONDERFUL WORLD
    GREG, MARCIE, DJ AND TC
  • Wishusdonna
    Wishusdonna Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Boo - still ill and I don't weigh any the less for it.

Boo!

Tuesday: calories blue, hydration 13/14, exercise 12239 steps.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    Tues check-in
    Calories- under
    Exercise- recumbent bike
    Water- over

5 for 90
    1. Gym 3xs a week- going today
    2. Exercise 30 minutes a day- done
    3. Decluttering- none
    4. Social media- forgot to check in!
    5. Trigger foods- avoided but I swear Justin's peanut butter cups tried to jump in my shopping cart yesterday. One more day until I get to eat dessert, it will have been 3 months!

I've been reading about glycogen stores replenishing and causing weight gain when increasing calories. Aside of eating in restaurants and away from home last week I'm eating at a .5lb a week deficit and working out at least an hour a day on 1500-1600 calories so this makes more sense than gaining at that weight as I'm up 5lbs. Not sure if I'll wait it out or drop calories, I'd expected to be able to add more in and 1500 should be maintenance before exercise.
  • davors19
    davors19 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    steps:
    22.11 7074
    23.11 1555
    24.11 3508
    25.11 6618
    26.11 2501
    27.11 12064
This discussion has been closed.