• jenready
    jenready Posts: 2,658 Member
    Options
    Steps
    11/26 9,505
  • mulecanter
    mulecanter Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    The "set your scale back" meme does not apply to Trimstoners. We face our shame head on. Happy Thanksgiving all USA members.
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,192 Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    DreaRN15 wrote: »
    DreaRN15
    Saturday
    PW 284
    CW 280.4

I know I'm early but I wont be near a scale Saturday. This is my most recent weight from the dreaded Drs office. Had to go yesterday, only for her to tell me that I have hypertension and I get to start taking meds. I strongly dislike taking pills but if it's going to keep me around awhile longer then ok!! Today is day 1. It also tells me that I have got to make some changes.

Be careful Drea...until you get used to them, they may make you slightly dizzy so get used to standing slowly and trying not to turn corners too quickly or your head might spin. Also, not sure which one you're on, but make sure you are NOT taking one that has HCTZ as part of the tablet (a two part pill, of which the HTCZ is the part that is the diuretic. This one can cause issues with your kidneys, as I found out when I had that emergency surgery two years ago. If any trauma occurs while you're taking it, your kidneys can shut down on you...Not trying to scare you...just wish someone had told me about it. I had no idea. I'm now taking a small dose of Norvasc (generic is Amlodipine) and I'm on 7.5 mg a day.

Like you, I don't like taking pills if I can avoid it. I have to take this one and one for my thyroid...then I take two supplements (one to boost my thyroid) and vitamin D because I have a deficiency. I hope to work my way off the BP one!

Take care,
    Jessica
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    @DreaRN15 I just realized I'm telling you all of this and you're a nurse...sorry...you probably know all of this already...duh SMH.
    Jess
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    nt3ksmdw9qfh.jpg

Happy Thanksgiving to my TrimStones Family (for those who celebrate it)...hope you have a wonderful day surrounded by family and friends. May all your calories DISAPPEAR!!!!
  • DreaRN15
    DreaRN15 Posts: 453 Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    @DreaRN15 I just realized I'm telling you all of this and you're a nurse...sorry...you probably know all of this already...duh SMH.
    Jess

No worries Jess! I'm a nurse yes, but I don't know it all. Thanks for the info, I'll definitely be doing more research. I think you're referring to Losartan HCTZ, which is what I am on but my pills are separate.
    My goal is to work my way back off of it as well. Changes will be made!!
  • kmfeig87
    kmfeig87 Posts: 1,990 Member
    Options
    Steps
    11/25 19,641
    11/26 18,596
  • wilsonkellies
    wilsonkellies Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Wilsonkellies
    Wednesday
  • Navydaddjtc
    Navydaddjtc Posts: 4,166 Member
    Options
    GOOD MORNING TEAM TRIMSTONES
    HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL OF YOU
    I have added 4 new teammates to your team for the December Challenge
    Please jump on over to your December Team Thread and WELCOME them
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10773696/trimstones-december-chat#latest
    Thanks
    G
  • kcpond
    kcpond Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    kcpond
    November Week 4
    Wednesday
    Past Week: 230.3
    Current Week: 231.3
  • kcpond
    kcpond Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    Steps

11/25 - 10,836
    11/26 - 9,501
    11/27 - 7,850
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    DreaRN15 wrote: »
    Jess

No worries Jess! I'm a nurse yes, but I don't know it all. Thanks for the info, I'll definitely be doing more research. I think you're referring to Losartan HCTZ, which is what I am on but my pills are separate.
    My goal is to work my way back off of it as well. Changes will be made!!

There are quite a few of the BP meds that are combination pills containing HCTZ...mine was Lisinopril HCTZ...now I'm on a single calcium channel blocker Norvasc. Hope you find something that works well for you.
    Jess
  • schlerin
    schlerin Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    Happy Thanksgiving! May everyone have a great day and stay safe on the roads. Those sales shoppers get crazy!

Steps:
    11/24 = 8,259
    11/25 = 10,077
    11/26 = 12,927
    11/27 = 8,445
  • SallyLuvsFitness
    SallyLuvsFitness Posts: 13,724 Member
    Options
    I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!! Day six friends! Starting tmo!f4faqs14tjeg.jpeg
    For me is to finish my inspirational book that I know will help push me through December to the New Year!
    1ep5stmkn3r7.jpeg

Come on over and join us at the weekly team challenge and share! 🙏🙏💓🙏🙏 It has been so inspiring from all groups to hear about your successes. Go team at Fat 2 Fib!

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10773424/week-4-group-challenge-non-scale-victories-happy-thanksgiving#latest
  • kateberard
    kateberard Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Kateberard
    Friday
    Week 4
    PW:187.8
    CW:188
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    @angmarie28 Did I miss your weigh-in? Don't see anything posted...reminder...
  • kmfeig87
    Options
    Hope my celebrating friends are recovering from a wonderful Thanksgiving! And Happy Friday to all!
  • kmfeig87
    Options
    Steps
    11/27 11,610
    11/28 13,213
  • vikster11111
    vikster11111 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Vikster11111
    Friday
    Pw 209