Dedicated December

Options
l4a_p
l4a_p Posts: 241 Member
edited December 2019 in Social Groups
Hello all,
to end the year well: the final accountability thread for 2019! We all know the drill by now: optionally set some goals, check in as often as you like (some do daily, some do weekly, or whenever you feel like it), and support each other through this -undoubtedly challenging- holiday month!

For me that means:
Height: 176cm (5'9")
SW this month: 66.9kg (147,49lbs) - The highest I've been in months unfortunately, after a 2month stable 66kg weight

MEASUREMENTS
Stomach: 82cm (32,82")
Waist: 75cm (29,53")
Belly: 92cm (36,22")
Hips: 99cm (38,98") - the only thing I'm actually trying to grow isn't budging :p

GOALS
#1 Get a grip. Been letting it slide a lot, usually when it's free (office treats, dinners). This has to be reigned in, NOW, especially with the free-food month of the year starting.
#2 Try to lose the kilo I gained (including the cm on waist, belly, and thighs)
#3 Do NOT let myself go during the holidays
#4 I've started a powerlifting program because I really want to become stronger. First goal to aim for is being able to do at least 1 actual pull-up (or chin-up if need be).

WEIGH-INS
2 December: 66.9kg (147,49lbs)

Replies

• Antiopelle
    Antiopelle Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    @jacau : I completely understand you and I can assure you that it is very normal to want alone-time from your significant other. Good that you've made some agreements about it, before having it out eating at you.
  • Antiopelle
    Options
    SW 78
    Dec SW 71.6
    Goal: get back to maintenance between 69 and 70

1. Keep on logging every day
    2. Keep up the push-up challenge (I finally started again, mostly thanks to the perseverance showed by @cayenne_007 !
    3. 10.000 steps a day + 2 long walks & 2 dives a week

Ok, so I got a nasty weight number this morning - gained 2 kilos in one week. No suprise there as I've been mindlessly stuffing myself with everything in sight. I even went back to a very old habit to purposefully go to a bakery to get my "fix", aka danish pastries. I didn't have danish in some years, and now the two last weeks I had one every other day + a load of other sweets. I also had seconds, and I've noticed that I just loved feeling "full". Needless to say I haven't been doing well and I need to snap out of it.
    I find this the most difficult thing about maintaining. Losing weight is ok (no fun but doable), gaining is supereasy, but somehow maintaining is a balancing act that I don't master (yet?).
    This weekend, we'll go to London to do our Christmas shopping with some friends. I'll do my utmost best to eat mindfully, and I hope that the next checkin here will be better.
  • jacau
    jacau Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Antiopelle wrote: »
    @jacau : I completely understand you and I can assure you that it is very normal to want alone-time from your significant other. Good that you've made some agreements about it, before having it out eating at you.

Thanks. I guess it's also a lesson in somehow "knowing" that it's normal and healthy to take some alone-time and "allowing" it to happen. I have never been good in taking a stand for myself or setting boundaries. It's something that I have been working on over the years. Now with the relationship developing further and further I discover more spots to work on. This was such a patch it seems. Difficult but insightful.
    Antiopelle wrote: »
    Ok, so I got a nasty weight number this morning - gained 2 kilos in one week. No suprise there as I've been mindlessly stuffing myself with everything in sight. I even went back to a very old habit to purposefully go to a bakery to get my "fix", aka danish pastries. I didn't have danish in some years, and now the two last weeks I had one every other day + a load of other sweets. I also had seconds, and I've noticed that I just loved feeling "full". Needless to say I haven't been doing well and I need to snap out of it.
    I find this the most difficult thing about maintaining. Losing weight is ok (no fun but doable), gaining is supereasy, but somehow maintaining is a balancing act that I don't master (yet?).

This sounds quite familiar. It's easy to lose awareness of what goes in and what goes out when not logging it in some form. And brain likes to make us feel good when feeling full. Especially danish pastries. I'll keep my fingers crossed that you can get out of the loop and be back at maintenance in no time!
  • Go_Deskercise
    Go_Deskercise Posts: 1,630 Member
    Options
    33, 5' 4"

SW: 138.4
    GW: 134.6

Goal #1: Snack less at night
    Goal #2: Move more at work
    Goal #3: Eat more mindfully

Dec 3: 138.4
  • Antiopelle
    Options
    5'8" 42yo
    SW: 146.2
    Dec GW: 142
    GW: 133

August SW 145.8 EW 145.6
    Sept SW 145.6 EW 145.6
    Oct SW 145.6 EW 142.6
    Nov SW 142.6 EW 146.2

I'm going to add in one thing to force myself to measure at the end of the month......
    Bust: 38 - Aug (-1")
    Band: 33 - Aug (-1")
    Waist: 28.5 - Aug (-.5")
    Hips 38.5- No change in Aug

No change in measurements in Sept - At least I was consistent with weight/measurements! LOL!

Goal #1: Workout 4 days a week - Yoga Burn/Bike/Walk
    Goal #2: Be consistent with push up challenge - Restarting 12/2
    Goal #3: Stay under on intake min of 5 days a week
    Goal #4: Actually enjoy the holidays - don't stress if everything isn't perfect

12/2 - 146.2 - First time I've weighed since the 27th, basically gave myself a Thanksgiving WEEK, not day. LOL Back to logging today. - vet appointment at lunch, so no walk.
    12/3 - 145.0 - Ate within reason yesterday, attempting to get back on track. Did carve out 45 min walk at lunch, funny how much of a difference that makes in my entire day.....and then volleyball banquet night for bf's daughter - I was starving and it's frito pies for dinner (UGH!!!) Other than NM - does anywhere consider a freakin frito pie a meal?
    12/4 - 145.0

I had to look it up, but it seems yummy 😉
  • Cora0477
    Cora0477 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I loved frito pie for dinner when I was a kid! My kids love it now too, although I will feed it to them and then make grown up food for myself and my husband :)

Posting more often helped me out today. I wanted to post earlier but decided to wait because I wanted to report that I ran today -which motivated me to go run. Done! :)

The day got away from me on Monday, so I didn’t run then. :( But I did come in way under calories, so I’ll put that in the win column. :)

I did get to the gym on Tuesday morning, but issues with our rental house sent me into an anxiety spin, so I had half a bottle of wine and some chocolate for dinner. :( I didn’t go over maintenance calories though, so I’ll still put that in the win column. :)