WEIGHT NO MORE DECEMBER CHAT

Options

Replies

• pacsnc6
    pacsnc6 Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    OOps! Why did I think today is Friday? Certainly don't want to rush the week but I feel extra sleepy this morning! Maybe I should weigh in again tomorrow? If I drop some more I might just do that.
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,077 Member
    Options
    Ljdanny
    Week 1
    Thursday
    Pw 189.7
    Cw 191.7

Sorry team
  • Mrsbell8well
    Mrsbell8well Posts: 1,652 Member
    Options
    @sleepymom5 I didn't think I would survive my daughter and her shenanigans and I certainly don't know how mom survived mine. But I turned out great lol! And now my daughter is doing so well and is so stable. It is just remarkable the fine woman that she has become. I am so very proud of her. I remember one time that I had lost all hope...a good friend of mine said to me "if you are not there for your children, who will be". At that time in my life I needed to hear that. It softened my heart and since that day I have more compassion for what our children go through. I try to give them the freedom to be human and figure out things as they go, but yes sometimes it is hard to know when to step in and when to let them figure out what they need to do. I try to support her which ever direction she turns even though I don't always agree. But it is her life and it is wonderful to feel like we have the freedom to make our own choices. Even if they sometimes bring us problems. You are such an amazing parent and so supportive! You can never go wrong with the kind of unconditional love you shower your children with. And yes sometimes we lose patience and snap but we're human too. I can't tell you how many times Robin or Molly will say something and I want to say "whoa...hold on there..." but I try to breathe and say "sure, why not". It's not always easy to flow with things but my mom is my best example. She rarely lets things get her down. She's a flow-er for sure. lol
    @Cafelelia I am so sorry about your loss. How sad. I am glad your husband was there. Molly's mom passed in the Spring and she is still grieving. There's times she gets unbelievably sad and I know she is missing her mom.
    @phoebe112476 Oh gosh I remember when Skylynn was in pre-school. The germs and illness were crazy making. Hope you get better soon.
    @gingerpwr wtg!!!! I am sure you were a happy girl. I will go ahead and do the Cyndie dance for you!
  • Mrsbell8well
    Options
    I am on day 4 of cleanse. Today's menu: seeded tea (cumin seed, coriander seed and fennel seed), fresh papaya with lime juice, organic raspberries, the rest of that tasty green drink from yesterday, a mango, organic pear and maybe an apple if I want more. I also have some leftover carrot juice I am going to drink after my run. I weighed 140.8 this morning. I am wondering if I will see the 130's before this is over? I am hoping to stabilize between 142-144. I have lost my butt cheeks. I am flat as a board back there lol. Tomorrow I will start adding raw organic vegetables and maybe some steamed asparagus for dinner. I am almost done shopping but I was naughty and bought a tortilla press from Amazon last night. I am really loving my new health book. I am aware that I am having trouble processing gluten but dang it is so tasty. The book has over 200 gluten free, soy free, peanut, dairy, animal free recipes. the seeded tea was the second recipe from the book. Looking forward to trying more. One of the breakfasts is whole grain gluten free tortillas with veggie and millet filling. I was drooling over it. Gave up trying to find suitable tortillas on line so obviously I need a tortilla press right? I have made some extremely good GF tortillas in the past and looking forward to this new toy. But that's it...no more shopping for me!
  • nstephenson01
    nstephenson01 Posts: 854 Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    @Cafelelia I'm very sorry Lisa. Thoughts are with you and your family during this difficult time.
    @mrsbell8well & @tryingagain5 I really like what you wrote to @sleepymom5 regarding MK. Very nice and lovely advice.
    Hugs... from a safe distance @phoebe112476 Its no fun to be sick. Get well soon.
    Nice losses @GingerPwr and @pacsnc6. Way to begin the month!!
    @cyndiesstuff I am glad you are seeking out resources for help. I do hope you still check in with us... you're an integral part of this team!!
  • nstephenson01
    nstephenson01 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure I trust today's weight. It may not stick but maybe it gives me inspiration to behave better LOL. I think I'm dehydrated. I had a terrible episode of restless leg syndrome last night. Haven't had that happen in a couple of years, thank goodness.

Well, yesterday didn't go according to plan. As I was typing my post yesterday morning my phone beeped. Turned out to be a text from my friend's daughter. There went the water works. I got my act together and began my plan for the day but was running behind. Then when I got home from grocery shopping my neighbor called. Her husband who has dementia took off and she couldn't find him. We found him about 20 minutes later. At least it was only around 40 degrees instead of -10. We don't live in a traditional neighborhood... there's a lot of forest he could get lost in. I'm not sure what she's going to do. The care center in town is agreeable to taking him in his condition but they're not accepting new patients because they're short staffed. Back when she brought him home from his recent stint in the hospital she was planning to set up some in-home care but I'm not sure if she followed through. So Christmas decorations did not get done but the tree made it inside in its stand with water so there's that.

So far today is flying by. Hubby's Cowboys play tonight and he wants pizza for dinner. Pizza is not the enemy... its my lack of controlling my portions when I'm around pizza. I'll have a salad first. I will at least get the tree decorated tonight during the football game. I desperately need to clean house which I think is part of the reason I'm procrastinating on the decoration part.

Daily check in: Wednesday
    Food: Skipped breakfast and ate lunch late so another inadvertent IF
    Water: stopped tracking after around 40 oz but wasn't enough
    Exercise: Bowflex Intervals; 30 minute dog walk; 13,978 steps
  • lennoncpa
    lennoncpa Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Hello and happy Thursday team. I started out the day by filling up 9 bags of leaves from my front yard. I have a tree that starting last year decided to drop its leaves the week after the Village stops vacuuming them or picking up the bags! So I get to keep them in my barn until next spring. A couple neighbors that walked by said I should just wait and mow them up in the spring, but they looked so ugly and messy. I just went out again to admire my work so I’m really glad I motivated myself to do it. I should have taken a before and after photo because you guys would not have believed it. I don’t have a large yard. It was just a massive amount of leaves. Sorry to get into such an in depth discussion about my leaves. Isn’t that the weirdest thing to make my day😀
  • amytriesww
    amytriesww Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    @Mrsbell8well You look so slender doing that yoga pose! Do you have a specific program you follow or did you make your own? I would love to start doing yoga. I have a couple DVDs, but it's so hard to learn the poses while watching the TV! Also, how long is your cleanse? It sounds like it's going really well!

@Cafelelia I'm so glad you all got to speak with your father in law before he passed. It may not be right now, but one day I hope it will be a comfort. Thinking about your family today!

@phoebe112476 I'm so sorry you've been feeling so under the weather lately. It's pretty amazing that you're even still hanging in there with weight loss. Hoping you're feeling better soon!

@sleepymom5 Im sorry for the struggles you and your daughter are going through. It's hard to see your child suffer with anxiety and have there be nothing you can do about it. I also have anxiety and I'm the same way with phone calls. I've gotten a lot better about it, but I actually used to have my husband make my appointments for me. There was no logical reason for me to have anxiety about it- it just was. I know that doesn't help, but the older I got, the more my anxiety about it lessened. Also, there definitely should be a medical release she can sign so you can make appointments and things- but she will have to request it. I hope things get better for her soon.

@nstephenson01 No matter the reason, congratulations on such a good loss this week! I'm in the same boat. I still haven't decorated for Christmas- and my house needs to be cleaned! It's hard to decorate when it's messy!
  • amytriesww
    amytriesww Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    @lennoncpa 9 bags! What a workout! I don't think it's weird at all to be so happy about getting your leaves up. That's a tough job and I would feel so accomplished!
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,447 Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
  • tryingagain5
    tryingagain5 Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    Going in to work now and found out I have to work tomorrow night too. Mandatory overtime. At least the extra money will be nice.
    I"ll check in for both today and tomorrow tomorrow night before work and hopefully be able to read all the posts I've missed in the last couple of days.
  • hope002
    hope002 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Check in for Wednesday and Thursday
    Food IF on track
    Water plenty
    Exercise: a short walk on Wednesday. 30 min walk and 60 min HIIT ON Thursday
    Steps 3724 and 12809

I did a 48 hours fast from Tuesday 3:30 to Thursday 3:30. No headache or dizziness. I plan to do it once a month 5dgk9jznem3n.png
    I broke my fast with a half a grapefruit, then I had this
    wti8w45075t0.jpg
  • Mrsbell8well
    Options
    @amytriesww I do Adriene you tube yoga daily. She has all sorts of videos for free. I follow her monthly calendar. Sessions are from 8-40 minutes. Different daily. At first I thought they weren’t challenging enough but now I value my yoga time and I just do what ever she has planned for that day without thinking too much about it. I have noticed enormous health benefits from my practice. My cleanse is a 7 day. It’s one I created and have followed for many years. When ever I feel I need a break. Day 1 is lemon, cayenne pepper raw honey or maple syrup mixed with distilled water. Usually a gallon on the first day. Day 2 clear organic juices. Day 3 thicker juices like mango plus clear juices. Day 4 juice and organic fruit. Day 5 organic vegetables raw to start and cooked later in the day. I’m really looking forward to my salad today with peppers cucumbers, celery, green onions, radishes and avocado with lemon juice. Going to start the day with juiced vegetables mixed with a green apple. Kale and other greens plus cilantro. Day 6 grains like brown rice. Day 7 protein. Legumes.
    It’s actually a nice break. I look forward to each day. It feels spiritual as well. And my senses are sharpened. Especially my sense of smell. Everything smells so wonderful. When I’m on the cleanse I find I need less sleep. I don’t usually do cardio but I decided to keep with my routine but I cut back duration. My rowing was much better on day 2. I’m going to increase to 10 minutes next week. Goal will be to work up to 30 minutes. I’m going to look for an audio book to listen to while rowing.
    I’m up early. Baking a raspberry cake for teammates birthday today. I will have to pass but I had some in November so I’m good.
  • Mrsbell8well
    Options
    @nstephenson01 so sorry about the loss of your friend. And congrats on the loss.
    @hope002 yum your meal looks so delicious!
    @tryingagain5 my daughter is a nurse too. Such a hard industry. She always worked overtime. All the nurses did. So hard to have a life balance. She was always so exhausted. She took time off of work in November to finish her bachelors. She is done this month. But the money is always so nice. Hang in there your doing great!!! We are blessed to have nurses!!!
    @lennoncpa I can just see you raking those leaves. Good for you. Sounds exhausting and rewarding. The number one gift Molly asked for this year is a leaf blower lol.

• Mrsbell8well
    Options
    bdr2air7rh94.jpeg
    Thursday thirst tip-my glass water bottle has time of day marked. I do my best to follow along. 2 bottles a day. I sometimes measure then pour into my tea cup for herb tea.
  • Mrsbell8well
    Options
    Friday Focus-how I stay on track when life gets busy? I have 3 non-negotiables in my life that come above everything else. 1-nutritious food 2-exercise 3-sleep.
    I have been doing this for 1 1/2 years. It has really paid off. There are only 24 hours in my day. I make sure I allot an adequate number to my personal care and well being. No one else will care for me as well as I will. I am my responsibility. When I take care of these 3 things I am a better mom, wife, daughter, employee etc. and there is something special about knowing I love myself enough to care about my sanity and well being.
This discussion has been closed.