• leonadixon
    leonadixon Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Username: leonadixon
    Weigh in day: Wednesday
    PW (11/27): 198.8
    Check in weight (12/4): 199.6

Holidays ugh. It's ok!

My tip for water: I found it's best to experiment with HOW you like to drink it. I can't drink from a glass, or a straw. I just don't like it when I drink that way. I also learned I don't like ice in my water or ice cold. I drink from a bottle, and just a little cooler than room temp. When I drink it this way, I have zero issues drinking water and it is actually almost all I drink all day every day! So experiment with different ways to see if you can find a way that you actually like it!
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    @leonadixon, I'm right there with you and blaming the holidays too. I have to report my weight tomorrow and it probably won't be very pretty. :/ We will get it off though! :)

I do think that people need to experiment with different ways to drink water. I for one love using big fat straws. :)
  • TeresaW1020
    Options
    Thursday Check-in:
    Calories: a little higher than they should be
    Water: over
    Exercise: Day 3 of 21-Day Fix (arm day)

The staff had candy in the office and I had some. :/ I shouldn't have because I'm having the staff Christmas party at my house tomorrow night and I know that I will overindulge, but I also know that I will be right back on plan on Saturday.

The holidays are hard for us all and I am choosing to be a little lenient and kind to myself without diving headfirst into the deep in. I hope you all will do the same....or even better! ;)
  • its_cleo
    its_cleo Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    My weigh in day is Sundays and I did it....let me know if you guys need me to do it again.

Sorry I've been incommunicado. On track for cals today and yesterday.

thirsty thursdays- I have one of those hand mixer things with a little jug. Jug is 700 mls. If I fill it and use it to track my water through the day it helps. Like I pour it into a cup to drink, I just use the jug to track.

Somehow the measurement helps me, and I drink more and know if I'm on track.
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,815 Member
    Options
    Thursday Check-in:
    Calories: Under
    Water: over
    Exercise: Walking and weights
    Steps 10649
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,650 Member
    Options
    Thursday check-in
    Calories- over
    Exercise- recumbent bike
    Water- over

5 for 90
    1. Gym 3xs a week- going tomorrow
    2. Exercise 30 minutes- done
    3. Decluttering-none
    4. Social media- checking in, ok
    5. Trigger foods- the Christmas cookies got me! They were in the freezer and I ate one, discovered they're even better frozen, and ate all of them. I went into a "screw it" mode but caught myself before it was too bad. I was tempted to work out an extra hour to burn it all off but didn't want it to be a punishment for being "bad".

Water Thursday
    I love Diet And and Crystal light! I wanted to switch to healthier alternatives so I started making iced tea every night for the next day. For water I add at least a slice of lemon to my travel bottle, my favorite is lemon, cucumber, and mint. It usually lasts a couple glasses if I refill frequently so the "juice" doesn't run out. At night I use a mug twice the size of a normal one and use 2 tea bags for herbal tea. I'll still have diet soda every once and awhile while out but nothing like I used to.
  • TeresaW1020
    Options
    lnze8q5n8ckv.png

For me, it is particularly hard this time of the year to stay focused on my plan and I suspect for many of you as well. For instance, tonight is my annual Christmas party for my staff and their spouses. There will be tons of food and goodies that don't fit my low-carb eating plan. I have other events this month as well that won't fit into my plan. So, what's a girl to do!! :o I don't like feeling deprived during this time of the year but I also don't like that guilty feeling of losing control and eating all the things! For me, it's about balance. I stay focused by sticking to my eating plan, drinking my water, and working out. And then on event days, I make a choice ahead of time on how much of a "planned indulgence" I'm going to allow myself. I have to be willing to take the consequences on the scale and I have to make a vow to get right back on plan the very next meal. If I can do that then I will have a great holiday season without regret and knowing that whatever weight I might put on will come off. :)
  • mrmcgrath
    mrmcgrath Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Official weigh in
    12/6
    Check In
    Username: mrmcgrath
    Weigh in week: Week 1
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Weight: 197
    Todays Weight:197

Yesterday
    Calories: over/under? Under
    Water: over/under? Right at
    Macros: good
    Steps : 3421
    Exercise:

5 for 90:
    Meet step goal
    Stay hydrated
    Make self care a priority
    Meditate and or journal daily
    Encourage someone
  • mrmcgrath
    mrmcgrath Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Focus Friday

How do I stay focused on my health...

1. I joined groups where I have to be held accountable and will fill guilty if I don’t post.
    2. I listen to podcast whether it be about self care, weight loss, or autoimmune health pretty much all day while at work.
    3. I set a goal tracker for workout days
    4. I meal plan each week.
    5. I eat small portion meals/snacks 5 times a day to curb getting too hungry (which would lead to binge eating).

These are just a few.
  • TeresaW1020
    Options
    Username:TeresaW1020
    Weigh in week:  Week 1
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Previous Weight: 207
    Todays Weight: 206
  • davors19
    davors19 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Username: davors19
    Weigh-in week: Week 1
    Weigh-in day: Friday
    Previous Weight: 278
    Todays Weight: 279
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,574 Member
    Options
    6otkc0v5pcxy.png

Some of my things:

1. Food tracking! Even when I am busy, I go log food. If needed, I make my best estimate (i.e., eating outside home), but mostly I weigh and measure as well.
    2. Conversations where people know what I am up to and expect me to do it, starting with my family. When I started this, I sat my husband and son down and explained what foods I needed out of the house for a while, and why. My promise was to actually lose the weight and have it be worth the trouble to them of not having sweets in the house! My martial arts friends also check in with me.
    3. Like @mrmcgrath , I listen to podcasts and audio-books and watch videos on weight loss, health and nutrition. I have gotten some great ideas!
    4. Meal planning! And what @TeresaW1020 says about planned indulgences is so great! Yes to planning to misbehave a bit and a big yes to making sure to be back on track at the next meal. (For me, letting it slide a whole day turns into saying I will start up again next Monday turns into I will start up next month turns into I will start back on New Year's, etc.)
    5. Eating enough to not get hungry. I just make sure to eat lots of foods that are nutrient dense and low calorie (lots of fruits and veggies is what works for me). This works if I am careful about meal planning, food prep and shopping.

• raleighgirl09
    raleighgirl09 Posts: 696 Member
    Options
    raleighgirl09
    Weigh in week: 1 (05Dec2019) a day late and a quickie with an update to come later!
    Weigh in day: Thursday
    Previous Weight: 199.4
    Current Weight 198.0
    Steps: coming soon!

• TeresaW1020
    Options
    d3lw2ot71s5i.png

Well, last night was my Christmas party for my staff and their spouses and we had soooo much food. I started out pretty good when we ate our main meal, but it was the four hours of nibbling on this and that that did me in. I think my biggest tip is to jump right back on plan the next day after a party. Today, I will be drinking a whole lot of water and eating as cleanly as possible. I also recommend that all the leftovers need to be given or thrown away. Otherwise, I will just keep having a party for one and that won't make my scale happy. ;)
  • raleighgirl09
    Options
    raleighgirl09
    Saturday check in (07Dec2019)
    Steps: 11/30 7,246 - 12/01 4,483 - 12/02 8,469 - 12/03 9,244 - 12/04 16,116 - 12/05 12,858 - 12/06 11,258

5 for 90
    Make time for yourself: aside from having some pockets of time for tv or mindless internetting, the time I take for exercise is still the majority of what I do for me and I treasure it
    Exercise 30 minutes a day: on track! Knee on the mend!!
    Hydrate: on target
    Give up a trigger food / behavior: still struggling some with urges to eat even when I'm not hungry, particularly at night
    Thankful for: the country I live in, thinking about this historical day and what it meant for our nation - where we have been in times of war and where we are now

Remember the good, be the good, encourage others on their journey - I have been walking at work with someone who needs to lose quite a lot of weight and it is humbling to me that she views me as a role model. I look forward to my time with her and hope that sharing my journey will help her build a solid foundation for her journey

I have been doing something a little different - I disengaged the calorie add based on exercise in MFP; this idea came from a friend I hadn't seen in a while and she casually mentioned not having them linked as a better plan. I have found, not surprisingly, that I so do not want to be in the red that I actually do a better job of adjusting what I am eating to stay under when under is a more solid ceiling that the ever-increasing calorie bucket on days when I do a lot of walking. So - a slight change that I think will have a good impact.

Stress at work is better, knee is better and I have been able to do more walking and have added an elliptical machine workout on days when I am in the office and can use the gym there. I finally, after several weeks, have dropped back to a low around 195. Apparently, there was something going on when I went under 200 - tired of the hard drive I was on to lose weight? Maybe. The perfect storm of that and a cranky knee and less exercise? Could be. I'm going to be ok with these times because I really think the key to my eventual complete success (for me this is losing all the weight and keeping it off) is that I not be derailed by weight gain and that I don't just give up for a few years.

Went for an after dinner drink and dessert with friends last night and planned like crazy and pre-logged. Scoped the menu of desserts and picked looked to be the least calories (vanilla ice cream on some brownie crumbles with a shot of espresso - it was quite delicious and a very small portion). Enjoyed the crap out of it and was able to stay within the calorie goal. Today is a party - the plan is to eat before we go so I'm not too hungry when we get there and then look at all of the choices before making a plate, and then to choose things I feel I can log without too much guess work on calories (hello meat and veggies).
  • raleighgirl09
    Options
    6otkc0v5pcxy.png

Some of my things:

1. Food tracking! Even when I am busy, I go log food. If needed, I make my best estimate (i.e., eating outside home), but mostly I weigh and measure as well.
    2. Conversations where people know what I am up to and expect me to do it, starting with my family. When I started this, I sat my husband and son down and explained what foods I needed out of the house for a while, and why. My promise was to actually lose the weight and have it be worth the trouble to them of not having sweets in the house! My martial arts friends also check in with me.
    3. Like @mrmcgrath , I listen to podcasts and audio-books and watch videos on weight loss, health and nutrition. I have gotten some great ideas!
    4. Meal planning! And what @TeresaW1020 says about planned indulgences is so great! Yes to planning to misbehave a bit and a big yes to making sure to be back on track at the next meal. (For me, letting it slide a whole day turns into saying I will start up again next Monday turns into I will start up next month turns into I will start back on New Year's, etc.)
    5. Eating enough to not get hungry. I just make sure to eat lots of foods that are nutrient dense and low calorie (lots of fruits and veggies is what works for me). This works if I am careful about meal planning, food prep and shopping.

I agree with these folks!! I log - and when I do the best is when I am planning meals and pre-logging to include putting in recipes of what I'll eat and then weighing and measuring the total amount and then my portions as I eat it. And thank you MFP for making it so easy to copy a meal - this is a win/win for me! I also listen to podcasts and try to surround myself with success stories - not perfection, no....I also want to absorb the mistakes and fallback moments of others because it helps me on so many levels. The support I get here and on a FB group - and my f2f friends and family is a huge - including a hubby who is also working on his own weight and fitness.

The other thing I do is pre-plan my exercise - if I don't, it just won't happen. I watch the weather to figure out when I can walk outside which is my preference, and plan my workday and after work evening around getting in some treadmill and/or elliptical machine.
  • digger61
    Options
    Username: Digger61
    Weigh-in week: Week 1
    Weigh-in day: Saturday
    Previous Weight: 219
    Todays Weight: 218
  • digger61
    Options
    Friday