SHRINKING ASSETS DECEMBER CHAT

Options

Replies

• ngk2000
    ngk2000 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Dinner tonight is a big Southwest salad. Tomorrow I was thinking about lentil chili with cornbread top?
  • boehle
    boehle Posts: 5,062 Member
    Options
    What’s everyone having for supper tonight? I need new ideas. My husband is so boring when it comes to eating. Same things over and over again.

We had zoodles the other night with Italian dressing marinated chicken.
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    I have been nursing my sick pup this week. Most of you know that I love my dog, Tucker, more than most people. He is doing much better and should be back to 100% in another day or two.

Below is my yesterday. I thought it was pretty funny, but did the spoiler as it is totally skippable.
    My routine has been a bit hectic lately with the extra dog duties. I left for work yesterday feeling good with what I had accomplished within the 30 minutes of waking up and running out the door. I had a dinner plans in my head and plans for putting dinner in the crock for tonight.

I really felt like I had my stuff together!!!

Got home and started green beans for dinner. I was prepping my crock meal as they cooked before I grilled the pork chops that were to accompany the beans. After getting my crock meal prepared (btw - it is cooking in my office and smells delicious!) I opened the pork chops that I had bought (marked down) on Monday. UUUUGGGGHH - they were spoiled! SERIOUSLY? In just 2 days??? Now what? The chicken I had is now in the crock covered in seasonings for today and all I have is green beans. <Insert your favorite 4 letter word here>
    Now what? Cheese sandwich and green beans? GROSS! I open my fridge- nothing appealing, cabinet... same. Freezer - everything is frozen. FISH STICKS!!!! I called an audible and made all 6 fish sticks for K and me. Not the big ones, but the little skinny ones :D Dinner was not exactly what I had planned but it turned out okay. We feasted on 3 fish sticks and green beans <3

The best compliment was K's response. He said "I know you love me... because if you didn't you would have made the stinky chops and said 'you know, I think i will just have beans for dinner - you take the second for lunch tomorrow' and sent me on my way with the rancid pork and laughed at my food poisoning."

On the weight loss front - I still have not weighted from thanksgiving. I have not been logging properly, but I have been doing well. My snacking has reduced significantly and I feel my choices have been better. Retraining the brain can be so difficult, but it will happen!!!

Does anyone have an awesome weekend instore that they would like to share?
  • aliciap0116
    aliciap0116 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018 dinner tonight was a lentil marinara sauce over zoodles from the Cookie and Kate website, adding Parmesan. I used a jar of Rao’s tomato sauce to make the sauce rather than making the tomato sauce from scratch to save time. It is basically a meatless Bolognese.
  • aliciap0116
    aliciap0116 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    @CharlesScott78 could not agree with you more! It takes all my strength on those days even though I intellectually know it is just the water weight.
  • boehle
    boehle Posts: 5,062 Member
    Options
    Boehle
    Friday
    PW: 173.2
    CW: 173.2

I am not sure how I didn't gain anything with the amount of junk I ate this week but I will take it.

overdue:
    @LovebyDraug69

due today:
    @LovebyDraug69
    @mustb60
    @Smart_Beautiful_and_Strong
    @KelGen02
    @ells_runs

• TheMrWobbly
    TheMrWobbly Posts: 2,531 Member
    Options
    m4936po4jz3x.jpg
    NOVEMBER STEPS

1st @ngk2000 Steps 401,379
    2nd @kilobykilo Steps 363,741
    3rd @lindamtuck2018 Steps 297,093

Team total steps 2,216,735

December is going to be a big month to end the year on - can we reach 3 million? We need as many people as possible to record their steps here if you can.
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    I weighed in today
    I weighed in at 232.0

I’m placing myself on the support team for the month. I have a lot going on - only home for less than half of the month.

Positive move
    Just renewed my membership in Atlanta stack club. Looks like my brother in law might be running with me this user.

We are planning a hm by the end of 2020.
    I said I would another..... looks like I lied!
  • TheMrWobbly
    TheMrWobbly Posts: 2,531 Member
    Options
    So how are we all doing so far this month? Thanksgiving food hangovers should well and truly past us and we have a short spell to get back in the game before Christmas :)
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    So how are we all doing so far this month? Thanksgiving food hangovers should well and truly past us and we have a short spell to get back in the game before Christmas :)

I had a stressful few days...my kitty who is 9 mos old became anemic and almost died; $2300 later w/transfusion and bone marrow sample for testing to see what caused her to become that way; she's home now and seems fine; however, for lunch yesterday, we were at vet for 4 hours and I had a cappuccino, flaming hot cheetos and swedish fish, no restaurants around and didn't think it would take 4 hours before going home....😞
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    Steps
    12/4
    12/5
    12/6

Steps were low yesterday spending over an hour at my regular vet and then 4 hours at emergency vet clinic....see my post above...
  • kilobykilo
    kilobykilo Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    Sorry, been sick most of the week so MIA.

Pw: 179.8?
    CW 179.4

Will try get back on and post properly and update steps later on
This discussion has been closed.