Replies

• Steph1498
    Steph1498 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    @micki48 here are my steps to end this week:
    12/5: 15,530
    12/6: 5,055
    12/7: 16,067
    It’s cold and rainy here so hard to be consistent in getting in regular steps. I joined the gym finally now just to get in there and get started!

I’m not sure which time zone you’re in and whether it’s noon yet. Thanks again for updating these!
  • Navydaddjtc
    Navydaddjtc Posts: 4,166 Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    TEAM AND INDIVIDUAL TALLIES FOR DECEMBER WEEK 1 ARE IN
    THIS IS HOW IT ALL PANNED OUT

i3g93b1leklv.png

0a1qoajwa2et.png

THE WINNERS ARE...
    TEAM % Mission Slimpossibles 0.24%
    INDIVIDUAL % apple852hk 2.44%
    TEAM LBS LOST Fitness Warriors 11.8
    INDIVIDUAL LBS LOST ells_runs 5.0

AS A WHOLE WE LOST 32.4 POUND OR 0.13%!!

PLACE TEAM PERCENTAGE
    1st Mission Slimpossibles 0.24%
    2nd Fitness Warriors 0.22%
    3rd Shrinking Assets 0.15%
    3rd Weight No More 0.15%

PLACE TEAM LBS LOST
    1st Fitness Warriors 11.8
    2nd Mission Slimpossibles 9.0
    3rd Shrinking Assets 7.0

PLACE INDIVIDUAL PERCENTAGE
    1st @apple852hk 2.44%
    2nd @ells_runs 2.27%
    3rd @amytriesww 2.13%

PLACE INDIVIDUAL LBS LOST
    1st @ells_runs 5.0
    2nd @amytriesww 4.4
    3rd @apple852hk 4.0
    3rd @ConfidentRaven 4.0

HONORABLE MENTIONS
    renaegry
    megnolia82
    sarawilliams5889
    holmesp603
    eyezbydiana
    hope002
    Gadgetgirl259
    jedaschultz
    TheMrWobbly

vwfybm66zgjz.png
  • eyezbydiana
    eyezbydiana Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    @micki48
    Steps 12/7
    Still unsure what's going on with my galaxy watch
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    Week 2 Weigh in: 206.6

I weighed myself 4 times to be sure. =P
    The baking has started now: we've got brownies and rum balls. Weirdly the little rum balls are more calories than the giant brownies, but they are pretty dense.

Anyways let's just see if I can keep my weight down in the face of all these treats.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,080 Member
    Options
    Terytha wrote: »
    Week 2 Weigh in: 206.6

I weighed myself 4 times to be sure. =P
    The baking has started now: we've got brownies and rum balls. Weirdly the little rum balls are more calories than the giant brownies, but they are pretty dense.

Anyways let's just see if I can keep my weight down in the face of all these treats.

WOW! I have a hilarious mental image of you stepping on and off the scale now, with your eyebrows creeping higher and higher up your forehead every time. Great job!!! All that walking at the zoo, right? But it is a good reminder not to get too wrapped around those baked goods - they sound scary delicious.

I just gave the family Christmas bread recipe (a swedish coffee ring that is amazing) to my daughter, and I am glad (and sad) that she is so far away. We usually make these together, and this is the first time she isn't around for Christmas. I know one of these coffee breads is in my future too, but I will wait until I'm visiting my mom so that there are lots of other people around to eat it! My husband has celiac disease, so he is NO help whatsoever, and my son is not at home to help me. So yes, I will wait! Otherwise, I would eat a whole one in about 3 days. They are TOO yummy.
  • fourathomej
    fourathomej Posts: 4,199 Member
    Options
    STEPS:
    12/6 - 17634
    12/7 - 11016
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    @jugar it was more like stepping off the scale and moving it a few inches to be sure it wasn't a fluke lol.
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,257 Member
    Options
    Steph1498 wrote: »
    @micki48 here are my steps to end this week:
    12/5: 15,530
    12/6: 5,055
    12/7: 16,067
    It’s cold and rainy here so hard to be consistent in getting in regular steps. I joined the gym finally now just to get in there and get started!

I’m not sure which time zone you’re in and whether it’s noon yet. Thanks again for updating these!

@steph1498 Thanks Steph! You were fine getting them in. I was trying to remember who was from New Zealand. Is that you? I live in the Eastern Time Zone.
  • micki48
    Options
    https://images.unsplash.com/photo-1482474800037-6a26fa1c72ac?ixlib=rb-1.2.1&ixid=eyJhcHBfaWQiOjEyMDd9&auto=format&fit=crop&w=1049&q=80

ta0lekx296ui.png
    And the step results are in. We walked 515,974 steps together!!!!

1st - @fourathomej
    2nd - @Steph1498
    3rd - @Micki48 (I'm guessing someone else would have surpassed my steps if all their steps were in.)

Our cumulative steps are equal to walking 226 miles or 364km. In honor of @jugar's busy travel week. That's like we stepped all the way from Montreal to just outside of Boston. Just a little bit short. So some suburb of it. :)

Happy Stepping!!!!!

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/51TRbNhopdL.jpg1cbfcm8qi9oh.png

• offitgoes
    offitgoes Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    @micki48 Missed the deadline - sorry. Home late and out the door early. Saturday was a good step day too. Oh well
    Sat 13,929
  • Steph1498
    Steph1498 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Great to see everyone getting so many steps in!! It’s amazing how quickly they add up. Good work ladies and gents!

@micki48 - I’m currently living in Luxembourg, a tiny little country in Central Europe, that’s close to every Christmas market with delicious yummy treats! I believe we are eight hrs ahead of EST.
  • AmyRobF
    AmyRobF Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Checking in, I just did the elliptical for 20 minutes. The Fire Chief gave me the code to the fire station and said I’m welcome to use the equipment anytime.! So no excuses. 😁 And the station is about 5 minutes from my house.
  • Andreabroadley
    Andreabroadley Posts: 5,455 Member
    Options
    Great steps everyone!

I have been doing some pretty basic HIIT on my bike just 30 second all out and 30 seconds recovery for 10 mins. With a 5 minute warm up and 5 minute cool down. Did it three times this week.

My husband is now doing it as well. The cardiac rehab group he is in has told him it will improve his heart (although he is not allowed to get his HR above 100 yet).

My weight is up a bit this week.. +0.6 pounds. Yuck. Tis the season.

Luckily I am on the cheer squad! LOL.

Have a great week. I will try to post more often. I am in the middle of a project right now which is consuming me.

All the best.
  • juliemargaretkim
    juliemargaretkim Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!! @jugar -- thanks for all the messages! I am so so so sorry I have been MIA -- but it's all been good -- work is insane (end of semester) and family time is everything! Except for the pounds. But hey -- life is about the challenges, right? SO... here we go again!

For a quick intro (even though it's now almost mid December -- how did that happen?) I am a very happy MFP user -- it has changed my life -- even though I am still struggling with the 10 pounds I now have to lose again -- but using MFP for the last three years has not only changed my life but also my husband's. I cannot stress enough how important healthy eating (we load up on the greens and the protein, not so much on the sugar and the white flour, when we can avoid them!) has been to us! Three years ago, I went from 155-ish to 120-ish and started power yoga (sweat sweat sweat) and have recently been doing yoga using silk (we invert and we hang upside down and we FLY!) and can't believe this is my life. Do it. Lose the pounds. Never look back.

Anyway, here it is: the sad truth -- I am 135.0 as of this morning. YUP! There it is. That's the number. I'm not terrible about it though -- it 's that time of year -- and I'm really fit this time around. Off we go!

Holidays!! Geesh!

Let me back in Waistaways!! I'll try to be a loyal poster! :smiley:

• Shexio
    Shexio Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Be sure to get everyone well trained at waiting on you for a while...
    You made me laugh.
    I definitely used this weekend to get some of my walking in and some 'buy me' stuff done!

Then, I got a Marco Polo (video app on my phone) from my 20yo daughter in South Dakota that her winter jacket is trashed or missing....and she's just wearing a hoodie. So, while I'm totally against her living with her boyfriend, I don't want her to freeze to death. I found a 15.00 coat on walmart.com that they will deliver to the store for her. so, that takes care of that. (very cheap, sale!)

anyway, i got in a lot of steps the last 2 days....around 13,000 I will get the exact numbers to ya tomorrow.

Stepped on the scale this morning for fun, and it was down another pound. I was like someone else in this group....kept stepping on and off in disbelief. I'll hope for that number to stay come Thursday morning.

I should go to sleep....not very tired. Too many thoughts in my brain.
    But, I'll log out now. Later ladies!

Thanks for all of your motivation and support. Funny how just typing to new friends helps the mental game.

Shexio
  • EvMakesChanges
    EvMakesChanges Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Ack! I've been inundated with end-of-semester assignments, quizes, massage Open House, and a fabulous visit from my daughter, Monica. The 3 of us packed in baking, tree decorating, eating (mostly within reason), and watching the live performance of "Nutcracker" in Concord, NH with her boyfriend and his 5-yr-old daughter.
    Sarah and I returned home, ate dinner, and then I buckled down to homework including a 5-essay-question quiz and regular assignment.
    Steps have been varied between 2,500 and 6,200. I'll start putting them in daily. Waiting until the last moment isn't helpful for any of us.
    Goals for December:
    1. log my food
    2. daily walk (even if just around the block)
    3. log all meals (!!)
    4. post daily
    5. use hypnosis to maintain positive thinking and calm attitude

Off to bed. I'll be back tomorrow.
  • evangsimmons170
    evangsimmons170 Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Great steps everyone!

I have been doing some pretty basic HIIT on my bike just 30 second all out and 30 seconds recovery for 10 mins. With a 5 minute warm up and 5 minute cool down. Did it three times this week.

My husband is now doing it as well. The cardiac rehab group he is in has told him it will improve his heart (although he is not allowed to get his HR above 100 yet).

My weight is up a bit this week.. +0.6 pounds. Yuck. Tis the season.

Luckily I am on the cheer squad! LOL.

Have a great week. I will try to post more often. I am in the middle of a project right now which is consuming me.

All the best.

I hope your husband gets well soon, @Andreabroadley .
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,080 Member
    Options
    Wow!
    I love it when I come online after a while and there are so many fantastic messages. I have been sewing a gift for my mom, cooking and re-cooking (some red chili beans came out SO bad, I threw them out and now a batch of pinto beans is cooking instead), and keeping up with the usual stuff to do. It is really blah outside, so today is going to be a go-nowhere day. I like those.

First off - @juliemargaretkim YAY!!!! You do not need to ask to be let back in - the door is wide open and we are thrilled to have our high-flying yogi back. And it sounds like you have missed us - a few pounds crept back on, and we'll be there to help you get rid of them when "this time of year" is done and gone. I think we all may be in that particular boat, but staying fit makes it more bearable. SO good to see you! I put your weight in, so now you have until Wednesday to make a fraction of difference. You be sure to weigh in then, even though you just did today, ok? And if you ever want to change weigh-in day, that is easy any time.

@Andreabroadley good for you - HIIT on the bike is the first thing that got me really going back when I was starting out this getting fitter thing. It really works, and it can be kind of fun. I started with 30" full out and a whole minute calmer - you are doing super well to do 30" - 30" . I found some amazing music tracks for 30 - 60, with voice over and really good build ups before each full out interval, and that helped a lot. I got up to 12 intervals after a while, all which still only took 20 minutes with the warm-up and cool-down. I do longer intervals now, but those really intense short ones make you feel like a hero. You have inspired me to go back to those!

@Shexio - our new team slogan should be what you said: "Funny how just typing to new friends helps the mental game." Yep.

@evelynladams527 - it was great to see you Friday and I'm glad you and the gang had such a good weekend. It sounds like you all had a blast at the Nutcracker and your goals for daily practice in December ROCK. Log those meals! I know it is sometimes the hardest thing, but 80% of the weight loss happens in the food department, so logging it is just about the sharpest knife in the drawer. Good, bad, ugly - it is all learning, right?

Hugs to all of you awesome people.

WEIGH INS DUE :smile:
    @kx7003
    @Safari_Gal_
    @reflectionofme
    @tdrjustus3
  • micki48
    Options
    offitgoes wrote: »
    @micki48 Missed the deadline - sorry. Home late and out the door early. Saturday was a good step day too. Oh well
    Sat 13,929

No worries. I will still record them for the month.
  • micki48
    Options
    Thanks for all of your motivation and support. Funny how just typing to new friends helps the mental game.

@Shexio I 💯 % agree with you!!! Just checking in and reading posts helps keep you on target.

You hear that @AmyRobF !! Glad to see you check in and getting that workout done.

@Andreabroadley Glad you are doing well, getting that exercise in and your husband is feeling better. We are all in the tough time of year boat with you.

@juliemargaretkim Glad to see you back and ready to end this year on a high note.

I came here to confess...I ate the cookies 🍪. My daughter brought home beautiful sugar cookies with royal icing. I had already made oatmeal raisin cookies with my granddaughter. So the three of us shared the two cookies, plus I had an oatmeal cookie. I’m done now. Logged food for the rest of the day. Thanks friends for getting me back on track.
This discussion has been closed.