SHRINKING ASSETS DECEMBER CHAT

Options

Replies

• jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,104 Member
    Options
    Group Challenge is up for Week 2...go and check it out...there will be a new posting each day this week, so jump in, get active, build your candy cane AND keep humming the tune!

Jessica
    Capt., Team TrimStones
  • Navydaddjtc
    Navydaddjtc Posts: 4,166 Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    TEAM AND INDIVIDUAL TALLIES FOR DECEMBER WEEK 1 ARE IN
    THIS IS HOW IT ALL PANNED OUT

i3g93b1leklv.png

0a1qoajwa2et.png

THE WINNERS ARE...
    TEAM % Mission Slimpossibles 0.24%
    INDIVIDUAL % apple852hk 2.44%
    TEAM LBS LOST Fitness Warriors 11.8
    INDIVIDUAL LBS LOST ells_runs 5.0

AS A WHOLE WE LOST 32.4 POUND OR 0.13%!!

PLACE TEAM PERCENTAGE
    1st Mission Slimpossibles 0.24%
    2nd Fitness Warriors 0.22%
    3rd Shrinking Assets 0.15%
    3rd Weight No More 0.15%

PLACE TEAM LBS LOST
    1st Fitness Warriors 11.8
    2nd Mission Slimpossibles 9.0
    3rd Shrinking Assets 7.0

PLACE INDIVIDUAL PERCENTAGE
    1st @apple852hk 2.44%
    2nd @ells_runs 2.27%
    3rd @amytriesww 2.13%

PLACE INDIVIDUAL LBS LOST
    1st @ells_runs 5.0
    2nd @amytriesww 4.4
    3rd @apple852hk 4.0
    3rd @ConfidentRaven 4.0

HONORABLE MENTIONS
    renaegry
    megnolia82
    sarawilliams5889
    holmesp603
    eyezbydiana
    hope002
    Gadgetgirl259
    jedaschultz
    TheMrWobbly

vwfybm66zgjz.png
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,485 Member
    Options
    So how are we all doing so far this month? Thanksgiving food hangovers should well and truly past us and we have a short spell to get back in the game before Christmas :)

I would say I am struggling a bit. November I put my blinders on and worked pretty hard. This month is going to be tough. Sodium is going to be my enemy. Even if I stay within my calories, the water weight will be awful.

With that said I have changed my goal to maintaining my December start weight. I am going to do that by
    1. Trying to stay under 2300 mg of sodium
    2. Walk, walk, walk
    3. Drink at least 8 glasses of water a day

• lindamtuck2018
    Options
    @ells_runs on finishing in the top three in weight loss and percentage of weight loss

@TheMrWobbly congrats on making the honourable mentions

@kilobykilo sorry you haven’t been feeling well

@LaurieWrobo I hope your kitty stays on the mend
  • TheMrWobbly
    TheMrWobbly Posts: 2,523 Member
    Options
    Fantastic @Luciicul
  • mustb60
    mustb60 Posts: 1,090 Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    boehle wrote: »
    Boehle
    Friday
    PW: 173.2
    CW: 173.2

I am not sure how I didn't gain anything with the amount of junk I ate this week but I will take it.

overdue:
    @LovebyDraug69

due today:
    @LovebyDraug69
    @mustb60
    @Smart_Beautiful_and_Strong
    @KelGen02
    @ells_runs

Sorry for MIA. Getting back on track after a hiatus of 14 days break, no tracking of food and no access to scale, of which includes 10 days visit to home city for brother in law's wedding, 4 days of falling sick due to weather change. Cough and cold is still there but managing my calories intake from today. Not feeling well enough to exercise but hope to start soon.
    Got on scale on Saturday my weight was up 5 lbs!!

Mustb60
    Pre weight: 170 lbs
    Current weight: 175 lbs
  • TheMrWobbly
    Options
    Fantastic @Luciicul

I think many of us have the 'SO Struggle'. For me it was the realisation that this way my excuse to fail. Just because my SO, or anyone else I started a journey with, dropped out or waivered it was not my reason to do the same. I would love Sharon to join me though only if she really wants to. She makes the same rumblings regularly and then doesn't follow through. I want her to be happy and if this is what does it for then she should stick with it. For me I want something different and I will achieve it.

It does look a tough time for many and I hope everyone comes out on the other side quickly and in good health. Comfort food is a real thing in the mind, I am guilty of it as well especially when tired or under pressure. The question I would ask is how did this help in the past? When I couldn't run for that bus, when I couldn't wear the suit I wanted to, when I finished that bowl of chips and still wanted more... did any of that actually help me? Does any of it help you? Food can be a crutch to support you, who wants to be on crutches their whole life?

There seems to be a lot of 'not' talking - sound off here, we are all experiencing difficulties and we can learn from each other.
  • ngk2000
    ngk2000 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Steps:

12/5 12,231
    12/6 9,649
    12/7 7,569
    12/8 13,575

The whole first week of December I was just totally unmotivated. I only made it out for a few short walks and CP25K intervals. Only made it to the gym once. As of today though-game on for the rest of December! Going to finish the year strong!
  • kilobykilo
    kilobykilo Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    Crawling back to it was the lurgy starts to leave......

Dec steps so far:

Dec 1 - 5187
    Dec 2 - 12098
    Dec 3 - 3415
    Dec 4 - 6307
    Dec 5 - 7688
    Dec 6 - 18608
    Dec 7 - 17107
    Dec 8 - 12765
    Dec 9 - 26898

Hope to be back to catch up properly soon!

• Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    I am quite excited for several reasons today. Tonight I am going to meet my granddaughter, Stella, for the first time. Also, I haven’t seen my daughter in 3 years. They live in Scotland and I haven’t been able to go yet. I am also excited for a selfish reason too. When I saw them last I was almost 55 pounds heavier. I am hoping their reaction will give me the kick in the pants to get serious about my weight loss again.

I hope this didn’t post twice.

@lindamtuck2018 Tell us about baby Stella!!!
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    Yesterday, I food prepped for the first time in a couple weeks. It felt nice. I remember back when I was making great progress - I would prep for hours on Sunday. Pre planning and eliminating the choices mad a huge difference.

Today, I am trying to look at my long term goals and decide what steps I need to take now to get started towards them. Continued food prep is the first key. I am so thankful for this group that has been here for me thru all the slip ups and back slides.

I am actually thankful that my office only does a small Christmas party and K's work doesn't do anything at all. Time to retrain the brain.... again!
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,037 Member
    Options
    Beka3695 wrote: »
    I am quite excited for several reasons today. Tonight I am going to meet my granddaughter, Stella, for the first time. Also, I haven’t seen my daughter in 3 years. They live in Scotland and I haven’t been able to go yet. I am also excited for a selfish reason too. When I saw them last I was almost 55 pounds heavier. I am hoping their reaction will give me the kick in the pants to get serious about my weight loss again.

I hope this didn’t post twice.

@lindamtuck2018 Tell us about baby Stella!!!

YES! We all need to hear the full story when you finally have time to tell it!
  • ngk2000
    ngk2000 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Steps 12/9 14,289

Made it to the gym this morning for a little lifting and hoping the rain holds off so I can get out for a walk at lunch.

Happy Tuesday!
  • lindamtuck2018
    edited December 2019
    Options
    Meeting Stella for the first time was perfect. She is perfect. It is so special when your baby girl puts her baby girl in your arms for the first time. Tears of joy. I spent the day in Toronto with them today. Pretty beat tonight but we’ll worth it.

Will post steps tomorrow.
  • TheMrWobbly
    Options
    Will post steps tomorrow.

Thanks Linda! All steps appreciated, we are bit short on week 1.
This discussion has been closed.