WEIGHT NO MORE DECEMBER CHAT

Options

Replies

• Mrsbell8well
    Mrsbell8well Posts: 1,652 Member
    Options
    I woke at 3:30 am and was too excited to sleep. Roasted beets, cooked potatoes to make apple cinnamon rolls, made lemon coconut balls (half are a gift for an open house tomorrow), roasted walnuts for beet salad and made roobios tea for a sauce I’m making. Slept from 6-7:30 am now need to work until 2 and start cooking again.
  • tryingagain5
    tryingagain5 Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    Monday 12/23 check in
    Food: logged and over
    Water: 64 oz
    Exercise: 20 minutes on treadmill, 45 minute class at the gym

Didn't do much with my day. Got some laundry done. Took a nap in the afternoon, I must still be catching up on sleep since I slept for quite a while. I had planned on getting a lot done while I'm off work but sleep has been winning out. I might as well listen to my body and get as much sleep as I can before I go back to work.

I've been eating too much but I've decided I'm not going to worry about it too much. If I maintain that will be great but even if I gain some it's ok. Stressing about losing weight during Christmas isn't very helpful or healthy.

@sleepymom5
    One of my friends and I watched the Hallmark movie about the Jewish lady planning the Christmas party. It was pretty good. I stayed awake for the whole thing. We watched it in the afternoon so that probably helped. It seems when I watch anything when it's dark, I end up falling asleep. Of course, usually when it's dark, I'm up and moving around at work.
  • tryingagain5
    Options
    sleepymom5 wrote: »

@tryingagain5 It is a hard time of year to stay on track. I think it is smart to plan for some goodies. For some of us (me included) it is unrealistic not to have them on our plan. Maybe portion out what you were given instead of sitting down with the whole tin, bag, box or whatever. Also plan it over a couple of days. I am not sure how long you have been at this but I am sure you remember Christmases that the whole month of December was a loss. I always had a huge gain at the end of the month. Now you are still eating healthy for a majority of the time and exercising. This holiday season is going to be a good one for you! :)

This is a hard time for me and it seems when I'm home and not in my regular routine it's even harder. Yes, for me I need to have a treat now and then, I'm not the person who can say I'll never eat such and such again. That's just too restrictive for me. I did a restrictive eating plan in the past. It worked for a while but it was not sustainable for the long term. I try to portion the goodies out but it seems once I start it's like I can't stop. Kind of silly but that's what happens. I ate pretty much everything I was given already. What is left I'm taking with me to a get together this afternoon.

It seems I've been working on getting healthy forever but have been working much harder on it the last few years.

Thanks, I think it will be good for you as well and everyone else here. Just having the extra support helps a lot.

• sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,454 Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
  • nstephenson01
    nstephenson01 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Check in for Monday
    Exercise: Yoga class; 5,567 steps. My day was too busy to make it out for a walk but I don't focus on steps as much on my yoga days
    Food: Was OK, some off plan nibbling but overall the day was good
    Water: 78 oz

Got an inch of snow last night so we'll have a white Christmas after all. Menu is planned for today and tomorrow. Have some last minute chores to take care of today and some dishes to prep. Hubby wanted me to help him with the barn project but because of the snow I'm off the hook now Yeah!! LOL Hoping to have some time to catch a Hallmark Christmas movie. Continuing to focus on my water intake and eating plenty of fruits & veggies.

Good reminders @sleepymom5!! xoxo

Better get moving with my day.
    Take care everyone! Happy holidays!!
  • lennoncpa
    lennoncpa Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Merry Christmas and Happy Hanukkah everyone! I hope your holidays are fun and safe😀
  • Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Monday check in

Food - logged & on target
    Exercise - 5 k steps (too much driving for Christmas)
    Water - 1.5l

Yesterday day was not bad, other than the Home Alone chaos and a long, driving trip. I am not a big drinker, but I have alcohol through the holiday week (a glass of wine, some Bailey’s) and it is in my plan each day this week. It is a tough Christmas this year, but we are keeping traditions and making it fun for the kids. The kids are all on a big hike now and will go ice skating outdoors tonight. My husband’s family live in a smaller university town and it is very pretty at Christmas. Everybody walks and hikes here, so I can get my exercise in easlity. My husband’s family tradition is to do a large Christmas Eve vigil meal with a huge number of meatless dishes. We are scaling it back slightly this year, and my husband is doing all of the cooking. We are hosting at our Airbnb house and I am prepping the place now. We even have a large LED Christmas tree that the kids love. Tomorrow is stockings, church and to change things up a bit this year, my husband and I booked a Christmas dinner for everyone at one of the nice restaurants in town. I miss my mom as she joined us in past years, but she is hosting my brother and family at her house this year. My brother keeps sending photos of the mountains of Italian food she is preparing. One Italian tradition that I do every year is a visit from “La Befana” who the Italian equivalent of Santa. In Italy, she visits on the eve of January 6 for Epiphany, but in my house stuffs the stockings for the kids, which they open on Christmas morning.

Happy Holidays to all of you!!

@nstephenson01 - Love your word for 2020!
    @CassieGetsFit2013 - You just gave us all a great Christmas present by deciding to stay!
  • nstephenson01
    nstephenson01 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Congratulations @amytriesww. Huge accomplishment. You have much to celebrate this Christmas!! 😊
  • CassieGetsFit2013
    CassieGetsFit2013 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Cafelelia wrote: »
    @CassieGetsFit2013 - You just gave us all a great Christmas present by deciding to stay!

Awww, thanks! That really puts a smile on my face! Just couldn't bare the thought of leaving my F2F family!! Love each and every one of you!

Merry Christmas! Hope it's a great one for you! 🖤

• tryingagain5
    Options
    Tuesday 12/24 check in
    Food: started logging but stopped
    Water: 56 oz
    Exercise: 15 minutes low intensity at home

I had originally planned on going to the gym this morning but forgot I had a
    chiropractor appointment at 10:30 and he doesn't want me to do any intense exercise after the adjustment. Also, I wanted to get some laundry done before I went to my appointment so I exercised at home today.

I went to my appointment and then napped for a while before my get together. I picked up my friend from her house and met some of her family at church for a Christmas Eve service, then back to her house for dinner and visiting. Her kids are about my age (one of her daughters is 6 months younger than I am) I've been considered part of their family since I've known them, about 16 years or so.

Of course there was lots of food and I ate way more than I should have. At least I was able to send my leftover cookies home with someone so I didn't need to take them home with me.

The weather was really nice here today, mid 30's to low 40's. Last Tuesday it was about 19 degrees and we got a couple of inches of snow. It looks like it's going to be pretty mild again tomorrow, partly sunny and about 50 degrees.
  • pacsnc6
    pacsnc6 Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    Merry Christmas
  • Mrsbell8well
    Mrsbell8well Posts: 1,652 Member
    Options
    @amytriesww wow that’s wonderful!!! Congratulations! You look beautiful in both pictures but much healthier in the second!
  • tryingagain5
    Options
    Tryingagain5
    Weigh in day Wednesday
    Week: 4
    PW: 193.0
    CW: 193.6
    + .6 not too bad considering all of the sweets and way too much food that I've eaten in the last week.
  • Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    zuu9gb9qx8tn.jpeg
This discussion has been closed.