WAISTAWAYS DECEMBER CHAT

Options

Replies

• Andreabroadley
    Andreabroadley Posts: 5,455 Member
    Options
    Well I am going to try to avoid medical incident this year lol!

I slipped in q4 but it wasn’t a total slide.

My target is to get to ultimate goal of 140 and waist size 32 inches. Currently at 157.

I’m logging, drink water too 8 glasses. Exercise is targeted at 5-6 days per week with walking, HIIT and free weights.

Let’s go!!
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,082 Member
    Options
    Hello! I’m new. Can someone please give me a little information about what I should be doing for the January 2020 challenge?

Also, My weigh day is Saturday.

Welcome @lovethyneighbor ! You have already done the first thing you need to do for this challenge - post in the chat thread. Right now we are still in the December challenge, so all you need to do is come in here (every day if possible), get to know your teammates, introduce yourself, and then it is up to you. You could post your 2020 goals, your January goals, ask any questions about exercise, diet, or how to use this challenge to best advantage. Then when the official January challenge starts, we will all migrate to the new chat thread (the link will be posted here, so it will be easy to find).

The co-captains, @micki48 and me, @jugar , keep all the statistics. You post your weekly weigh in here every week (for you, Saturdays) and make sure it is always posted on time, please. If you are making daily goals, post about whether you make it or not each day, and generally just enjoy supporting your teammates and receiving support in return. I hope you'll learn a lot and have a great time getting more fit and losing weight!
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,257 Member
    Options
    Hello! I’m new. Can someone please give me a little information about what I should be doing for the January 2020 challenge?

Also, My weigh day is Saturday.

@lovethyneighbor Welcome!! Happy to have you join us. The January challenge will officially begin on Sunday, January 5. There will be a new thread where we chat and log weights closer to that date. You will find a link to that in this thread as we get closer to that date.

For the time being you can post here about goals, challenges, introduce yourself (we also do that on the new January threads) or just tell us how you are doing.

@jugar and I are co-captains if this team. She actually knows WAY more than me about it. But, I’ve been around for awhile now and I’m happy to help anyway I can.

Welcome aboard!!👏🏼🎉💪🏼
  • micki48
    Options
    Today marks my 1 year anniversary of logging on to MFP. While I may not be at my goal yet, that clearly is a sign that my journey is a success.

I have given myself a bit of a break from logging this week and I weigh in later today😬 But whatever the numbers say, I know it does not define my success or failure. It’s a number. One of many on my journey. While working to get my head back in the game, I came across a couple of things that I found really helpful and hope you may too.

Dream Your Journey Away

We learn a lot more from the journey than the destination. Don’t focus on the result, because the fear of failure will make you blind to the possibility of success. Focus on the process instead, because it will motivate you to take every step carefully. At least we can dream during our journey, but your destination may be scarred with reality. So enjoy your journey and push yourself to prove to yourself how capable you are of making the right decisions, of putting the right efforts forward, and staying TRUE TO YOURSELF.
    -Najwa Zebian-

And this...https://medium.com/taking-note/why-the-journey-matters-more-than-your-goal-7aad1835093a
  • KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am Kelly. I had my 4th baby at the end of August. I actually kept my weight gain to a minimum and pretty much lost it all, but I was 20 pounds overweight when I got pregnant.

I went back to work Dec 2 and the struggle to balance it all has really taken a toll on me. My goals are to consistently workout (4 or more times a week) and to stuck to my meal plan every week. I hope this will help me to lose half a pound a week.
  • micki48
    Options
    Saturday weigh in
    Week 4

PW 193.8
    CW 196.1 😬😐🤫😳

I know what to do. The journey matters more than the goal. The day to day “doing” is what will get me to my goal.
  • Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    Weigh in Friday (sorry late)
    CW: 181.6
  • jugar
    Options
    It's almost the end of Week 4!

I know it has been a crazy week, and I think we have done just fine. BUT tomorrow morning is weekly tally time! Anyone who can get their weigh-in by tomorrow morning, please do! If you cannot, due to travel or whatever, do not worry - I'll just keep you at the same as last week - but it would be good to get a few more. Here is who is missing:

@reflectionofme
    @evelynladams527
    @Juliemargaretkim
    @Steph1498
    @Gidgitgoescrazy
    @Shexio
    @evangsimmons170 (Mot)
    @matthewsfive

If I missed your weigh-in I apologize! I just got home tonight after a week away (and today all taken up by transportation!), but I will go through carefully to make sure I did not miss any. Or you could just re-post if you're here!
  • jugar
    Options
    Hello, I am Kelly. I had my 4th baby at the end of August. I actually kept my weight gain to a minimum and pretty much lost it all, but I was 20 pounds overweight when I got pregnant.

I went back to work Dec 2 and the struggle to balance it all has really taken a toll on me. My goals are to consistently workout (4 or more times a week) and to stuck to my meal plan every week. I hope this will help me to lose half a pound a week.

Welcome Kelly! It is good to meet you :smiley: and I'm looking forward to seeing you here as you work on those goals. Working while taking care of young children at home is a challenge at the best of times, and when you're also trying to track and log your food, get good exercise, and generally take care of yourself, it is even more of a challenge. Your goal of a half pound a week is a good one - not too extreme, and achievable. Go ahead and post what kind of workout you'll do, if you have any questions for good tricks for tracking, etc. There's often someone who has an idea that works for you too. Or you might have some to offer when others have questions. Dive on in!
  • EvMakesChanges
    EvMakesChanges Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Happy Saturday night!
    193 is my weight from this morning (instead of 193.9 on Christmas morning). I’ll get back on Wednesdays next week.
    I’m psyched! I know there’ll be an ebb and flow to my program but it feels great to have some success.
    Time for some sleep.
    I’ll catch up tomorrow.
    G’night.
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    WEEK 4 RESULTS

esj326a3na0r.jpg

THE WINNERS ARE...
    TEAM % Mission Slimpossibles 0.10%
    INDIVIDUAL % @nbbaby 2.89%
    TEAM LBS LOST Mission Slimpossibles 3.3
    INDIVIDUAL LBS LOST @nbbaby 6.5

As a group we GAINED 59.1 pounds or 0.27%

PLACE TEAM PERCENTAGE
    1st Mission Slimpossibles 0.10%
    *gaining teams are not being recognized

PLACE TEAM LBS LOST
    1st Mission Slimpossibles -3.3
    *gaining teams are not being recognized

PLACE INDIVIDUAL PERCENTAGE
    1st @nbbaby 2.89%
    2nd @kayla7303 2.59%
    3rd @Pamela_Sue 2.55%

PLACE INDIVIDUAL LBS LOST
    1st @nbbaby 6.5
    2nd @Pamela_Sue 6
    3rd @kayla7303 5.2

HONORABLE MENTIONS
    @wwood008
    @aliciap0116
    @KathynDes
    @amytriesww
    @Luciicul
    @jedaschultz
    @kcpond
    @christys03
    @carolynsivik

d2bpscr3zeac.png
  • micki48
    Options
    Hi steppers! If you have steps to report for this week, please get them in by 12 noon ET. Don’t worry if they are low. Any number is better than no number. 6nnalsbnh87u.jpeg
  • micki48
    Options
    Yesterday before I weighed in officially, I put my scale down in my bedroom. On the rug. This is what I saw. 😂🤣Not my reality, but perhaps a goal. Psst - the real me is 50 pounds heavier. And excuse the old pedi. vie6dpx3ecds.jpeg
  • jugar
    Options
    micki48 wrote: »
    Yesterday before I weighed in officially, I put my scale down in my bedroom. On the rug. This is what I saw. 😂🤣Not my reality, but perhaps a goal. Psst - the real me is 50 pounds heavier. And excuse the old pedi.
    vie6dpx3ecds.jpeg

This is hilarious! Just think how many pounds our team could of lost if we all put our scales on the carpet.

So all, week 4 was a net gain for every team but one! Luckily, we had some good losers for the week, and we were not TOO bad, but -
    Week Five Is Here and We Will Lose!

Let's try to make it a small loss for everyone this week, and then when we start our January week 1, we will be on our game. Think of those end of year goals, and even if you're only a millimetre closer by close of December 31 (or January 4th if you're on the F2F version of the calendar!), this is progress. Let's go -- starting today. Watch out for those triggers, get moving, and sit down and think before scarfing down the vittles.
  • offitgoes
    offitgoes Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    @micki48 Steps
    Thurs 7,188
    Fri 10,024
    Sat 10,358
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    The REAL last weigh in for December: 202.8.

I mean, I pretty much guaranteed failed my stretch goal of onederland by 2020, but I'm not upset! Because I'm so darn close now. I made it so much closer than I thought I would.
  • jugar
    Options
    Terytha wrote: »
    The REAL last weigh in for December: 202.8.

I mean, I pretty much guaranteed failed my stretch goal of onederland by 2020, but I'm not upset! Because I'm so darn close now. I made it so much closer than I thought I would.

You are SO close! In week 5 you could make it...
  • YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Hello Team Waistaways!

I'm Yinka and I've just rejoined this challenge. I think that I may have been away for a couple of years!

So I'm British and I live in Bewdley, a small town in Worcestershire, UK. I'm 56 years old, menopausal and married with a grown up son who lives in the USA (Virginia) with his beautiful wife. And we have a little dog (a Jack Russell mix) called Edie.

I work from home as an online English (as a second language) tutor, and my hobbies include reading, quilting, knitting and interior design.

I have about 40lb to lose, but have been very inconsistent in the past (especially with diet). However, I now work out between 5 and 6 times a week and am beginning to see small sparks of success.

My plan to make this month - and all following months - a success is this:

1. Walk 10,000 steps each day (I currently only manage this if I go to a Zumba class - Mondays)
    2. Drink 8 glasses of water a day (currently very poor here, but I do see a difference on the scale whenever I do this)
    3. Work out 5-6 times a week
    4. Sleep at least 7 hours each night (a work in progress, I'm afraid)
    5. Eat red meat only once a week
    6. Check in with Team Waistaways daily

I believe that if I can do all of these things, I WILL be successful. And if I can also count on you lovely people cheering me on, there's no doubt about it!
  • conleywoods
    conleywoods Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Hello!
    My name is Kristi. I'm 37, married and have 3 kids age 5, 8 and 10. I work 4 days a week as an occupational therapist at a special education preschool. I started my weight loss journey in February 2019 with noom and a start weight of 255. I completed 8 months on the program. I am now switching over to MFP. I had a month of setbacks with my gallbladder, but had it removed 2 weeks ago and should get cleared tomorrow for regular workouts again!
    Current weight: 228.8
    Goal weight: 150
    My Why/Motivation: Be healthy, live life and keep up with my super active mountain climbing, biking, swimming, paddling, snowshoeing on the go family!
    My goals:
    - incorporate daily meditation
    - work out 4 days a week on my pilates reformer
    - keep up my healthy eating and stay in my calorie budget
    - cut back on sugar and have one really satisfying treat a day
    - walk at least 5 days a week
    - log meals every day

Glad to be here!
  • micki48
    Options
    offitgoes wrote: »