WAISTAWAYS DECEMBER CHAT

Replies

• micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,249 Member
    I just went to my follow up appointment for my gallbladder surgery and I am cleared to do all forms of exercise. I am so happy! I have only been allowed to walk since mid November. Glad to have one more week off before going back to work. Plan to work out and get back to my routine this week. Also, working on keeping those treats at bay. It seems like there are still yummies everywhere!

That’s fantastic news. What a great way to start the new year. Your desire to workout is inspiring. Let us know what your workout goals are.
  • micki48
    Okay my fun is over, back to work.. literally... I was off all last week, and apparently took a vacation from all common sense, but hey it was fun everyone deserves cookies for breakfast once or twice in their lives... I did have drinks, and I did smoke 2 cigs... So yes I tripped and scrapped my chin up really good, but it's healing and I'm already back on the horse... Have a great day !

@Gidgitgoescrazy You’ve already taken the first step. You’ve got this. We’re here to cheer you on and lift you up.
  • micki48
    One thing we'll be putting up for January is a habit tracker. Anyone who wants to use it just puts in the habits

@jugar I definitely want to track my habit. Accountability...accountability...accountability!!!

Also any new members or returning members who never checked out the weekly challenges. I would encourage you to head over to the week 5 challenge 2020 Vision. There are some great posts over there. ⭐️ it so you get notified of new posts too.

The link was posted on the previous page.

Getting sick 😷 blah, but I’m going to go walk my house and get those last 1,500 steps. Be well all.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 9,891 Member
    jugar wrote: »
    Well I am going to try to avoid medical incident this year lol!

I slipped in q4 but it wasn’t a total slide.

My target is to get to ultimate goal of 140 and waist size 32 inches. Currently at 157.

I’m logging, drink water too 8 glasses. Exercise is targeted at 5-6 days per week with walking, HIIT and free weights.

Let’s go!!

Andrea - a quick question. Do you want to come back onto the regular team for January, or stay on the Support Team? Even if you only lose a little bit each month, it all counts. Either way, though, we're just glad you're there :heart:

I am ready to come back and I plan on being more active in these pages! I also managed to hit my 157 lb target that I hoped I would not exceed for year end. Just started nipping things in the bud last couple of days.. thanks @jugar!

Fantastic! I'll put you right back on. Which day do you want for weigh-ins? Weren't you a Sunday person?
  • jugar
    edited December 2019
    @micki48 - NO getting sick allowed. Sorry. That is just not good! I hope you take tons of vitamin C, get extra sleep, and just scare the thing off. Hugs!

And one reminder!
    @reflectionofme - your weigh-in is due today! :smiley:
  • EvMakesChanges
    EvMakesChanges Posts: 538 Member
    I just went to my follow up appointment for my gallbladder surgery and I am cleared to do all forms of exercise. I am so happy! I have only been allowed to walk since mid November. Glad to have one more week off before going back to work. Plan to work out and get back to my routine this week. Also, working on keeping those treats at bay. It seems like there are still yummies everywhere!

Congratulations! You help inspire me to move more than I have been. If you can, so can I. Have a good beginning to a new year. I'm glad you're here.
  • EvMakesChanges
    EvMakesChanges Posts: 538 Member
    Steps for today (Monday 12/30): 1,040
    horrible weather out there for walking or anything! back to the pool soon.
  • Connie7355
    Connie7355 Posts: 496 Member
    @micki48 hope you feel better soon!! Mine started out as a cold and now I have the stomach flu. 🤢. Hoping tomorrow is better for both of us!!
  • micki48
    @Connie7355 @jugar Thanks for the well wishes. It's been making it's way through my family. :( But worse of all, is my sweet little Juliet has it... miserable baby. Fever 102. Hope she is better tomorrow.

Here's hoping we're better tomorrow, Connie!
  • reflectionofme
    reflectionofme Posts: 310 Member
    Username: reflectionofme
    Weigh in day: Monday

PW: 124.4
    CW: 122.3

• Gidgitgoescrazy
    Gidgitgoescrazy Posts: 638 Member
    I failed last night... I have got to get the goodies out of my house... Trying again today... I really dislike the holidays after they are over, but with my son still home till thursday, I feel like I can't throw the holidays out just yet, so I guess I just have to continue trying until Thursday...
  • deniners2
    deniners2 Posts: 707 Member
    @jugar. Since Sunday is the standard weigh in, I'll make your life easier & do Sundays also.
  • AmyRobF
    AmyRobF Posts: 97 Member
    Yesterday was pretty good! Went over my calories but ended up walking 2.67 miles shopping with the kids. Also went grocery shopping and bought a bunch of healthy food so I have no choice to eat it. 😁
  • jugar
    deniners2 wrote: »
    @jugar. Since Sunday is the standard weigh in, I'll make your life easier & do Sundays also.

I'm not sure that Sunday is standard - we have people weighing on every day of the week! Each is as easy as the other. Just so you know, in our challenges Sunday is the first day of the week - so if you switch to Sunday, you will have your January week 1 weigh-in on January 5th. Saturday weigh-in would not be until the 11th.

It's up to you which is best -- some people like weighing in before the weekend (Friday is very popular!) and others during or after, to keep on track even on weekends. So let me know which day works best for you, and don't worry about making my life easier - any day is a good day :smiley:
  • micki48
    I failed last night... I have got to get the goodies out of my house... Trying again today... I really dislike the holidays after they are over, but with my son still home till thursday, I feel like I can't throw the holidays out just yet, so I guess I just have to continue trying until Thursday...

Send the goodies away with your son. Pack them up now. And even if you do indulge, you’ll be fine. Try eating it VERY slowly enjoying every bite. Don’t beat yourself up. It’s really going to be ok. And drink lots of water 💦
  • jugar
    Happy last day of 2019 and the 20-teens. Maybe the century was being a teenager, and now it will be adulting. Sounds good to me :p

We had a beautiful 25 cm (10 inches) of snow yesterday and overnight, so I will get one more snowshoeing day for 2019! Yes! Great way to end the year.

@reflectionofme - what a fantastic final weigh-in for the year! You are in the green, ready for more green in January.

@Gidgitgoescrazy - have a good time with your son, and then get in gear after he leaves. It's only a couple more days - get lots of good time with him, and then you can tighten that belt and move along to make him proud afterwards, right?

@AmyRobF - good shopping mojo! That is often a hard place to be disciplined, and you did it. So now just eat that healthy stuff and keep on moving! Well done.

@connie7355 and @micki48 - today you can lie around and let people wait on you. Tell them I said so. Feel better soon!

@evelynladams527 many, many hugs from a little too far away! Come up soon for snowshoeing!
  • Andreabroadley
    Andreabroadley Posts: 5,455 Member
    Well I am going to try to avoid medical incident this year lol!

I slipped in q4 but it wasn’t a total slide.

My target is to get to ultimate goal of 140 and waist size 32 inches. Currently at 157.

I’m logging, drink water too 8 glasses. Exercise is targeted at 5-6 days per week with walking, HIIT and free weights.

Let’s go!!

Andrea - a quick question. Do you want to come back onto the regular team for January, or stay on the Support Team? Even if you only lose a little bit each month, it all counts. Either way, though, we're just glad you're there :heart:

I am ready to come back and I plan on being more active in these pages! I also managed to hit my 157 lb target that I hoped I would not exceed for year end. Just started nipping things in the bud last couple of days.. thanks @jugar!

Fantastic! I'll put you right back on. Which day do you want for weigh-ins? Weren't you a Sunday person?

I am a Sunday child!
  • Andreabroadley
    Andreabroadley Posts: 5,455 Member
    Those are fantastic results @micki48!
This discussion has been closed.