TEAM: The Big Butt Theory (January)

AB0215
AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
edited December 2019 in Social Groups
Welcome to the Challenge new and returning teammates!! This is the conversation/weigh in thread for your Team :) Keep on losing because our first weigh ins begin THIS Sunday! I am here for you should you need anything - simply message me or tag me by putting an '@' just before my username (NO SPACES) and I will get to you asap! ~ Ashley @AB0215.

Replies

• richmondwriter
    richmondwriter Posts: 683 Member
    Hi, I have been on the Big Butt Theory team and would like to continue the challenge into January. @AB2015
  • cmhubbard92
    cmhubbard92 Posts: 5,018 Member
    Hi, I have been on the Big Butt Theory team and would like to continue the challenge into January. @AB2015

@richmondwriter you are automatically rolled over for the challenge, it's only if you are removed from the challenge when you would have to register for the challenge again :)

I will post an intro later on :)
  • losingbecks
    losingbecks Posts: 10 Member
    Hi! This is my first time and have been assigned to The Big Butt Theory :smiley:

I'm 39, from UK and have a BMI of 32.5 so need to do something about it. I love a challenge so looking forward to it!
  • gboles79
    gboles79 Posts: 29 Member
    Hi! I’m Gina I’m back for my 3rd month on TBBT! December was a hard month for me with eating, so I’m am working on staying in my calorie goal in January and I have a treadmill on the way so more exercise!! (I live in illinois so it gets pretty cold for the winter months!)
  • losingbecks
    gboles79 wrote: »
    Hi! I’m Gina I’m back for my 3rd month on TBBT! December was a hard month for me with eating, so I’m am working on staying in my calorie goal in January and I have a treadmill on the way so more exercise!! (I live in illinois so it gets pretty cold for the winter months!)

I have a treadmill in the garage. I need to actually use it!
  • cmhubbard92
    Hi! This is my first time and have been assigned to The Big Butt Theory :smiley:

I'm 39, from UK and have a BMI of 32.5 so need to do something about it. I love a challenge so looking forward to it!

@losingbecks welcome to TBBT! I started with a BMI of 44, and am happy to be hanging around with a 34.6 BMI. Everyone is very supportive in the group, and had a lot to do with helping me achieve my goals *last* year! I am hoping we bring you the same encouragement and success!
  • cmhubbard92
    gboles79 wrote: »

@gboles79 Gina, I am glad you are still with us again for January! I think that December was a harder month for all of us to focus with so many celebrations and events happening all month long! I'm jealous you have a treadmill on the way! I have been contemplating on either a treadmill or elliptical for a while now because my stationary bike isn't enough! I am hoping for a very successful January for you!!!
  • cmhubbard92
    mhassan160 wrote: »
    Hello everyone! It’s me Maha live in Indiana with my three little angels, coming back from December challenge, still have weight to lose after giving a birth on April, and trying to do my best and stuck with my calories and exercise 3 times a week even if it’s hard for me as a full time student !
    Let’s get started for new healthy year 🎆

@mhassan160 Maha, I am glad you are staying on with us this month! You were extremely consistent in the end of December, and I am looking forward to your consistency/dedication this month! With so much on your plate, I am inspired by your dedication to the challenges in the group!
  • cmhubbard92
    edited January 2020
    Information on our Step/Water/Food/Exercise Challenge! This month these challenges will run Sunday(Starting January 5) to Saturday,(January 11) to remain in line with the Mini Ultimate Accountabilty Challenge, and our weigh ins!

Food Challenge
    Pre-plan your food for four days, stay on that plan for at least 3 days. Must account for all snacks, drinks, meals to consider yourself on plan for that day!

* This challenge may change weekly as it is a new month, and different food challenges may be more beneficial!

Exercise Challenge
    Exercise for 30 minutes 3x each week. Must be continuous 30 minutes workout. Includes intentional cardio(running, walking, biking, rowing, etc), strength, yoga/flexibility. Does not include things like house cleaning or yardwork. These minutes count towards your Mini Challenge!

Weekly Step Challenge
    This is pretty simple if you track your steps at all(via phone, fitness tracker, pedometer, anything really). Our step challenge is still a new thing for our group! You select your own step goal each week and try to reach it. We have two categories for "winners" for the week- Percentage of goal completed, and highest total steps!

The Water Challenge
    This is a challenge to get you to reach 8 cups of water each day! The team all has the same goal. Aim for 8 glasses(64oz) of water per day, or 448oz or week! The winners in this category are determined by the highest percentage of water you drink!

There is currently no link to the spreadsheet, as I am making a new one. It will be available to view by Friday, January, 3!

IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN JOINING ANY OF THESE CHALLENGES, PLEASE TAG ME IN YOUR POST @cmhubbard92 AND I WILL ADD YOU TO THE SPREADSHEET, PLEASE USE THE FOLLOWING FORMAT, SO I KNOW WHAT CHALLENGES TO ADD YOU TO:

Username: your username here
    Step Challenge: Interested & Weekly Step Goal / Not Interested
    Water Challenge : Interested / Not Interested
    Food Challenge: Interested /Not Interested
    Exercise Challenge: Interested / Not Interested

• zaraizzy56
    zaraizzy56 Posts: 56 Member
    Hello everyone, new to The Big Butt Theory!

I'm Karla, 56 years old, 6' ft, and I live in the southern part of the U.S. My highest bmi was 54.2, and it's now 37.7 would love to be between 25 to 26.4 bmi by the end of 2020,

My goals for this challenge is:
    1) Increase my water intake to at least 8 cups or more a day.
    2) Exercise 3 to 4 times a week for 30 minutes..
    3) Build up to walking at least 30 minutes a day by end of January.
    4) lose at least 28 lbs by March 19th (57th birthday) there is no guarantee I'll lose this much but I would like to.
    5.) Would love to finally reach One-derland by end of 2020.

Thanks for allowing me to be a part of this group. Looking forward to what January brings. 😃
  • cmhubbard92
    zaraizzy56 wrote: »
    Hello everyone, new to The Big Butt Theory!

I'm Karla, 56 years old, 6' ft, and I live in the southern part of the U.S. My highest bmi was 54.2, and it's now 37.7 would love to be between 25 to 26.4 bmi by the end of 2020,

My goals for this challenge is:
    1) Increase my water intake to at least 8 cups or more a day.
    2) Exercise 3 to 4 times a week for 30 minutes..
    3) Build up to walking at least 30 minutes a day by end of January.
    4) lose at least 28 lbs by March 19th (57th birthday) there is no guarantee I'll lose this much but I would like to.
    5.) Would love to finally reach One-derland by end of 2020.

Thanks for allowing me to be a part of this group. Looking forward to what January brings. 😃

@zaraizzy56 It is wonderful you have joined us here in TBBT, Karla! I don't know what your starting weight is, but I truly hope you can reach your goals while you are a part of this group! :)
  • simbersea
    simbersea Posts: 1,248 Member
    Good Morning BBT’s. Happy 2020.

My name is Karen. In new to this challenge but I’ve been on MFP for years gaining and losing the same pounds.

So my goal for this year is to lose the weight and then keep maintain it instead of bouncing back up.

@cmhubbard92

Step Goal/interested
    60,000 per week
    I work out 5-6 days per week, but a lot of my exercise doesn’t count as steps (Spinning/swimming), so this will force me into walking more

Water Challenge/interested
    Does sparkling water (no sugar) count?

Food Challenge/interested
    This will be my toughest one. I have a bad snacking habit 😢

Exercise Challenge/interested
    This will easy for me. Is there extra credit?😄

• zaraizzy56
    zaraizzy56 Posts: 56 Member
    @cmhubbard92,

Would like to participate in the following challenges.
    1) Exercise: (this challenge will help me improve over time)
    2) Water ( even though I mostly driink water, it's not nearly enough)
  • cmhubbard92
    edited January 2020
    simbersea wrote: »
    Good Morning BBT’s. Happy 2020.

My name is Karen. In new to this challenge but I’ve been on MFP for years gaining and losing the same pounds.

So my goal for this year is to lose the weight and then keep maintain it instead of bouncing back up.

@cmhubbard92

Step Goal/interested
    60,000 per week
    I work out 5-6 days per week, but a lot of my exercise doesn’t count as steps (Spinning/swimming), so this will force me into walking more

Water Challenge/interested
    Does sparkling water (no sugar) count?

Food Challenge/interested
    This will be my toughest one. I have a bad snacking habit 😢

Exercise Challenge/interested
    This will easy for me. Is there extra credit?😄

@simbersea Hi Karen! Welcome to TBBT! For the water challenge, that definitely counts! I drink plain ice water, but I know that some people just don't enjoy it that way.

As for the food challenge, you can have snacks, you just have to stick to the planned snacks. It makes it easier to stick to if you allow yourself those treats, within reason! :)
  • cmhubbard92
    zaraizzy56 wrote: »
    @cmhubbard92,

Would like to participate in the following challenges.
    1) Exercise: (this challenge will help me improve over time)
    2) Water ( even though I mostly driink water, it's not nearly enough)

@zaraizzy56 awesome! I will add you for both challenges! I will post the spreadsheet by the end of the week. And those are some impressive numbers!!!
  • losingbecks
    Username: losingbecks

Water Challenge : Interested
    Food Challenge: Interested
    Exercise Challenge: Interested
This discussion has been closed.